UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4 Create a new technology

+24
Antoine Delval
thibault olivier
Louis ROGER
TISNE Floriane
Jardin victoire
Anais Quéré
Hubert Clément
Rgnicolas
Joret Maël
BEZIES Christopher
Thomas Moreau
Simon Martinet
Théo DANGOUMAU
Flavien P
Mathis Tachdjian
florian
Nathan Quiry
alefev10
tom renoulleau
dbondoux
gbillaud
Pauline Lachevre
Lucie Proux
Admin
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 4 Create a new technology Empty Week 4 Create a new technology

Post by Admin Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:56 pm

This was the choice of the class, How many of you can talk about it. If you really have nothing to say you can talk about the other topic that got 12 votes. Neutral

Last edited by Admin on Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Anais Quéré likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 4 Create a new technology Empty Re: Week 4 Create a new technology

Post by Lucie Proux Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:11 pm

Me it's simple, my new technology is a robot that makes to order food because I'm tired of making myself food every day when I'm alone in my apartment. And I want to eat good stuff. So I need a machine with a screen and thousands of choices of food and I want it to be ready in 2 minutes. With the choice of sauces, drinks, etc.
There must be different dishes such as "light dish" "fast food" ... etc I also need to be able to choose the number of people for the dish
I want it to be something that's not very big, not very big.

Lucie Proux

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauline Lachevre Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:45 pm

For me, if I had to create a new technology, I would invent a robot that could help with everyday tasks, which listen to us when we ask it to do something. For example, if we ask him to cook a dish, he does it, if we ask him to pass the broom, he does it, if we ask him to fold the laundry, he does everything we ask him to do. It’s a multi-purpose robot. To be able to do something else, such as revise classes or do sports while the robot does the tasks that we don’t necessarily have time to do.

Pauline Lachevre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gbillaud Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:49 am

Even if I am against new technologies, since it's a world where everyone can program machines and they can one day become autonomous and turn against us.The robot that I will create will be a robot to make the meal because it is one of the most annoying things for me to do and it will save me a lot of time.

gbillaud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dbondoux Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:33 am

it would still be good to have an appliance at home that would do the dishes and store my clothes in my place in my apartment. a roommate is good, but a robot that tidies is better. or a device capable of making me bilingual because I really need it.

dbondoux

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tom renoulleau Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:55 am

Hello sir, this week it’s on a new technology, the technology is so vast, if it turns out we’re at the beginning of this era, it’s progressing so fast and so slowly at the same time. I would like to create a technology that allows us to teleport, that would prevent me from being late all the time everywhere.

tom renoulleau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alefev10 Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:51 pm

Hello John, I hope you're fine.
Today I'm going to speak about the subject : « Create a new technology ».

In my view, most new technologies have a single and unique purpose: to make people’s lives easier. And for me, that’s often a problem.
Let me explain; we depend more and more on technologies or robots and we lose our know-how. (All the ancestral know-how are lost with time..)

In addition to that, many of these machines involve a sedentary lifestyle in people (automatic vacuum cleaners, electric moving means.. etc.)

Finally, new technologies are increasingly replacing humans. Machines take the place of people, which implies a decrease in employment and so an increase in unemployment..

In conclusion, the creation of new technologies can be very useful but shouldn't be abused.

Good evening! alien

alefev10

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:07 am

alefev10 wrote:Hello John, I hope you're fine.
Today I'm going to speak about the subject : « Create a new technology ».

In my view, most new technologies have a single and unique purpose: to make people’s lives easier. And for me, that’s often a problem.
Let me explain; we depend more and more on technologies or robots and we lose our know-how. (All the ancestral know-how are lost with time..)

In addition to that, many of these machines involve a sedentary lifestyle in people (automatic vacuum cleaners, electric moving means.. etc.)

Finally, new technologies are increasingly replacing humans. Machines take the place of people, which implies a decrease in employment and so an increase in unemployment..

In conclusion, the creation of new technologies can be very useful but shouldn't be abused.

Good evening! alien

I like that alternative view.
Admin
Admin
Admin

alefev10 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Quiry Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:08 pm

A new technology... Well to me it's simple all I need is an app or something like this (I don't really have others words but anyway you got the idea) that could give me 50 to 100 words on a precise topic. All I would have to do for the work you've asked is enter the name of the topic and I'll get my writing task. Wonderful don't you think ? No ? Well I understand, even if it's pretty easy for me to write 50 to 100 words (like every week I'm sure that I'm over 100) there's no interest in that kind of work. The aim of these writing task is to stimulate our brain, to make it think in english.

Nathan Quiry

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:50 am

Nathan Quiry wrote:A new technology... Well to me it's simple all I need is an app or something like this (I don't really have others words but anyway you got the idea) that could give me 50 to 100 words on a precise topic. All I would have to do for the work you've asked is enter the name of the topic and I'll get my writing task. Wonderful don't you think ? No ? Well I understand, even if it's pretty easy for me to write 50 to 100 words (like every week I'm sure that I'm over 100) there's no interest in that kind of work. The aim of these writing task is to stimulate our brain, to make it think in english.

You are correct, it's not only about English. However the app you suggest exists - wikipedia. You would be amazed at how some students just copy and paste from wikipedia and think I won't know. Officially that's plagiarism of course. Others write in French (so they think about the subject) but then use one of the online translators to put their work in English. again it's easily seen by an experienced teacher but who are they cheating in the end? Themselves (and their mark will reflect that).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by florian Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:31 am

hi today, i'm gong to talk about a new techology. My technology is eazy, it's a little electronic stink that i will put in my brain. With that, i can controle all devices who is conecte with bluetooth just whith my brain. For exemple i can drive my car without my hand and feet, use my phone enven if i dont see him. I can call my freinds in my mind... But this i no realy a dream because Elon Musk is working on this. It's called Neuralink.

florian

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Tachdjian Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:21 pm

I would create an all in one cleaning robot. i'm sick of cleaning my flat, doing dishes, vacuuming every fucking days. Ideally, that robot would not look like a human, i'm not very comfortable with these humans looking robots to be honest. I prefer it to look way different.

Mathis Tachdjian

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Flavien P Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:50 am

ok so I wasn't there at the last class because I was sick. I know you missed me a lot but don't worry I'll be back on Tuesday.
So the topic for the weekend is a technology that we need... I think I need an assistant like Jarvis in iron man because during the rugby games, when I referee, I don't know what's going on behind my back so Jarvis could help me by watching my back and telling me what's going on so I don't get overwhelmed by the events.
Well in real life I don't need that because I'm a good referee and you know what happens if something happens behind my back? Well I put a cardboard box and the problem is solved.

Flavien P

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Théo DANGOUMAU Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:23 pm

As part of the evolution of top-level sport.
In my opinion, a new technology should be created that would make it possible to detect a physical problem that appears during the physical effort that the athlete is making.
This would prevent major injuries, it would be like a scanner of the physical condition of athletes, which would also make it possible to predict changes in, for example, team sports (football, rugby).
The aim is to anticipate a potential injury so that it does not happen.

Théo DANGOUMAU

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Martinet Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:26 pm

This week we have to talk about a new invention, a new technology. For me it would be a Machine that makes all my meals.All I have to do is say out loud what I want to eat and it prepares everything in less than a minute, it wraps it up for me so I just have to take it with me and do nothing. It will save me a lot of time and I'll get exactly what I want. Of course, I'll have to feed the machine with products I'll buy and that's it.

Simon Martinet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Moreau Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:05 pm

Today we are going to talk about the creation of new technologies.
Hello Mr Cox, i'm going to talk about "Create a new technology".
For me, creating new technologies could help us in medical research, for example. I see this as something useful in life and for the good of people.
Obviously, I am also thinking of machines or robots that could do difficult or boring jobs.
But we must not abuse robots or others because it could also take jobs and at the moment, the economic situation is not going well.
However, inventing a machine would be something very strong and I would be proud especially if it served the poorest!

Thomas Moreau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BEZIES Christopher Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:51 pm

Hello John! Today I have an idea of a new technology. I think of a time machine. It would look like a watch (a bit like in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix). We just have to go back in time on our watch and it would also happen in real time. So I think we all have a right to a second chance. That’s why the only constraint to use this watch is that we can only use it once in our life and can’t go back more than 24 hours. So the dilemma would be really hot. And we would always ask ourselves the question, "Do I go back in time to this moment in my life or wait for later?"

BEZIES Christopher

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Joret Maël Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:46 pm

Create new technology

If I create a new technology, I think create a mobile phone application who detect the position of your keys because a lose my keys every time and I lose too time a day. It can be a keychain who is connected at the phone and the application give the position, the direction of the key very exactly.

Joret Maël

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rgnicolas Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:28 pm

Dang. That's a tough topic. To be honnest, I'm not very good with technologies. So, creating a new one is a pretty hard task for my medieval brain. Still, I guess I'd create something that would be useful for me (always myself first, obviously) in everyday life or from times to times. But let's think deeper. Instead of having a robot that can cook for me, or do my tasks and chores, I'd create a gold generating machine. The point is very simple : all money's values are based on each other and ultimately on the dollar's value. Which is itself based on the value of gold, WHICH IS ITSELF BASED on the amount of gold available on Earth. That means that I could destroy any economy by creating as much gold as I want. To avoid that, banks, politics and basically everyone with power would be ready to do anything to make a deal with me. And instead of having a robot that cooks and all, I'd have an army of butlers and free stuff plus money from all the people in exchange of not using my machine.
In reality, they'd probably just destroy the machine or kill me, but I needed to go this way in order to write a little more so I don't have troubles with my english teacher. Seriously, this guy is a mad man, he could kill me even without that gold machine.

Rgnicolas

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:46 pm

Rgnicolas wrote:Dang. That's a tough topic. To be honnest, I'm not very good with technologies. So, creating a new one is a pretty hard task for my medieval brain. Still, I guess I'd create something that would be useful for me (always myself first, obviously) in everyday life or from times to times. But let's think deeper. Instead of having a robot that can cook for me, or do my tasks and chores, I'd create a gold generating machine. The point is very simple : all money's values are based on each other and ultimately on the dollar's value. Which is itself based on the value of gold, WHICH IS ITSELF BASED on the amount of gold available on Earth. That means that I could destroy any economy by creating as much gold as I want. To avoid that, banks, politics and basically everyone with power would be ready to do anything to make a deal with me. And instead of having a robot that cooks and all, I'd have an army of butlers and free stuff plus money from all the people in exchange of not using my machine.
In reality, they'd probably just destroy the machine or kill me, but I needed to go this way in order to write a little more so I don't have troubles with my english teacher. Seriously, this guy is a mad man, he could kill me even without that gold machine.

I thought you"d choose a technology to help you with your favourite topic; Bedroom sport. You know you need the help. Twisted Evil
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubert Clément Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:43 pm

Hello, I would like to create an arm extender as a new technology. Indeed it often happens to me to want to catch something that is not within my reach and honestly I very often get lazy to get up. This is why the creation of this new technology will be really welcome Cool

Hubert Clément

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anais Quéré Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:49 pm

This weekend I thought of a new technology. I didn't want to wash my hair because I was really lazy and I said to myself "we should invent an integrated machine with jets of water, soap, a rounded-shaped hair dryer, we would put our heads in it.

It could be a good idea, but I'm not for new technologies because over time, we let ourselves go and we are more and more dependent on it. I'd rather manage to turn on my light instead of asking Google Home to do it for me. I think that by creating new technologies going against what we are capable of doing, we are making us dependent and not very autonomous.

Anais Quéré

Birthday : 2001-11-12

Admin and Anais Quéré like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jardin victoire Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:08 pm

if I could create a new technology it would be an artificial pancreas. And yeah the lungs, heart and faith were born in the new technology but it seems to me that the pancreas has only been thinking. Unfortunately it is a vital organ and many lives are destroyed by the diabetes that the organ causes when it is in resistance or in lack of insulin. You may not know it, but a diabetic can wake up and lose his sight overnight, become infertile, lose the mobility of certain limbs, have a kidney removed, have a stroke or a cerebral haemorrhage without asking for anything and without necessarily having caused it. So yes if I could I would even make a robot with all the artificial organs that do not yet exist and I would give one to every person in need. In short the artificial pancreas would change my life so much, I would be so fulfilled that if tomorrow I could have one that worked perfectly I wouldn't think for a second.

Jardin victoire

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 4 Create a new technology Empty New technologie

Post by TISNE Floriane Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:20 pm

Hello, I don’t have much of an idea for this topic because technology is not really my thing. But I would like a robot that does the cleaning by itself. I know it already exists, but I’m talking about a robot that does all the cleaning. That is, who cleans the bathroom, kitchen, furniture. For me, if I had to invent a new technology, I would invent this robot because cleaning is hard and it is very important for hygiene.

TISNE Floriane

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis ROGER Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:14 pm

The new technology that I would invent would be useful on a daily basis. It would be a remote control that would replace itself on the coffee table when it is no longer found. Just say "Télécomande vient" and the remote will come on its own. I think this technology would be useful to everyone.

Louis ROGER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum