UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3 subject Halloween

+13
Auriane
CaroleMikhail
Paul Pasquier
LisaMig
Titouan
phanlinh
célie verdois
Gwenola
coline
Tess
Marion R
Elsa
Admin
17 posters

Go down

Week 3 subject Halloween Empty Week 3 subject Halloween

Post by Admin Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 am

Will this be the week that your topic is more interesting than the other group? I'm not sure. Razz

Last edited by Admin on Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 3 subject Halloween Empty Re: Week 3 subject Halloween

Post by Elsa Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:17 pm

So Halloween is not the most inspiring... I didn't celebrate this American party very much. But one year, I did Halloween with my friends. I was 12 years old, or maybe 13. I got the big scare. We decided to go in an abandoned house lost in the middle of the forest. Bad idea..... We thought it was a haunted house because it was like a horror movie. So, we decided to go into the house through a broken window that led to a bathroom. After landing in the bathtub, we walked through the basement of the house and foud piles of books scattered on the floor, old children's toys, locked rooms and scary old dolls. Worthy of a horror film! We heard a noise and we decided to leave without forgetting to shout a bit. Finally I prefer the concept "Trick or treat"...

Elsa

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion R Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:45 pm

To begin, Halloween is very interesting topic. I love Halloween but I so sad that this event isn’t as widespread as in the US.
What I love about this party isn’t the candy, although that’s a plus, I admit. But the Dark side. Maybe my evil side comes out.
I remember when I was a child, we decorated our house. It’s amasing.
Today for Halloween, with my friends, we meet either to party, costume obligatory of course, or to watch horror movies. But this years, with covid-19, I don't know if Halloween will be celebrated...

Otherwise I prefer Christmas, so I warn you that I will be propose it in the next weeks.

Marion R

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:49 am

Sorry john but I hate halloween, when I was little I had to celebrate it 2 or 3 times but no more. I don't like this event, it doesn't inspire me. I am not the kind of person who celebrates it with friends, with costumes.
Disguises scare me, people scare me too.
The worst thing is that I have a friend who was born in October and who celebrates his birthday on Halloween, which is horrible for me. He wants us to put on make-up, to dress up in costumes that I hate.
That's all to say that I don't like Halloween.

Tess

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by coline Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:01 pm

This new subject doesn’t really interest me…
I participated in Halloween a few years ago when I was 10 maybe (?). This American celebration isn’t my favorite because when I was kid, I hated going to see my neighbours for asking “trick or treat !!!”. Additionally, people hated us because they slammed the door or didn’t open it. It’s not cool for children. Nevertheless, I love candy so I was enjoyed to participate, I waited behind my friends and I picked my part.

coline

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwenola Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:16 pm

Halloween what a topic!
I never went trick-or-treating before college so I didn't know how much I was scared of horror’s universe...
The first time I went trick-or-treating was at a birthday party and we spent the night watching horror movies while eating candy...what a bad idea ! In front of my friends I was proud and watched all the movies but...The next day and for about a week I slept with my little brother because I couldn't sleep alone anymore...I lost all credibility.
Now I don't really celebrate Halloween and I don't watch horror movies anymore.
The only thing I like is to be able to wear make-up and take the place of a character for a night. But I literally prefer Christmas !

Gwenola

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by célie verdois Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:50 pm

Halloween is a younf party unlike Christmas, the origin is in USA and celebrate the death. In the USA it’s a big party for everybody, children, teenager and adult. Every year there are fancy dress party, candy hunting and lot of decoration. This American party was exported in the rest of the world in the 2000s. Concerning France, this party have not the same importance, in the 2000s there are party for Halloween. Children make the candy hunting, so it is only for child and few teenagers. The party with adult is rare, the American practises is not popular in France. Currently Halloween have lost its importance, the candy hunting is less regular. However, supermarket buy product for this party like candy, costume. They use this party to realize sales, so Halloween is October 31 and supermarkets are already selling Christmas presents. Christmas is more important than Halloween and I think that Halloween disappears in a few years in France.

célie verdois

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by phanlinh Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:24 pm

I am not a big fan of Halloween because people in my country do not celebrate it. In recent years, thanks to cultural integration, this festival has been adopted as a good occasion for selling goods such as costumes, candy or decorations for merchants. At the same time, Halloween could also be a good event for companies to create sales promotion and renovate their products in a scary style of this festival to attract consumers. So "Trick or treat?"

phanlinh

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Titouan Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:49 pm

Okay, I've never done halloween until my 18 years old. Why ? Because my family lives in the countryside the west part of France. there is nothing around my farm other than cows and chickens. But, I didn't needed this during my childhood. I knew what was this party, the concept but I didn't care.

Now, its different. First of all, I love horror movie, I'm an amateur, but I'm scared and I needing to be with a friend of me or my mum. Anyway, from my 18 years old, I have celebrated Halloween all of year with my friends and that was so nice. I prefer to have a scary party, it's not just a little party with a bit of make-up and a little lame costume, no, it's a party where I want scaring my friends during the party and creating a horrific atmosphere.  some of my friend, don't to do te party with me, I don't understand, may be I'm too horrific, or crazy, let it be.

Titouan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaMig Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:59 pm

I didn't know what to tell you about Halloween so I decided to tell you some creepy little stories...

1. MOM :
I hear my mom calling me from upstairs, so I go upstairs, my mom pulls me back and says "I heard that call, it wasn't me".

2. BEDTIME
I put my daughter to bed like I do every night. She tells me that there is a monster under her bed. So I look under the bed and see my terrified daughter whispering "There's a monster in my bed".

3. THE WAKE UP
I feel his rotting claws on my skin, his cold hand on my mouth. The last thing I see is the time: 1:07 am. I wake up. It's 1:06.

Which story do you find the most terrifying ?

LisaMig

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Pasquier Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:23 pm

I never really celebrated Halloween.
When i was a kid, my parents didn't buy me candies (they're dentists) so they won't celebrate Halloween which is a celebration made to give candies to children.
When i was a student, i went to "Halloween parties" but it was just a way to party. We weren't really dress with costumes, we just had a bit of make-up or a temporary tatoo on our faces.
Haloween is like all celebrations in France, it's a way to party with your friends or your family but also to consume.
Paul Pasquier
Paul Pasquier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaroleMikhail Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:13 pm

When we say Halloween we think costumes, horror movies, trick or treats, pranks and dark themed parties. Personally, I don’t really celebrate Halloween, it’s not a part of my country’s or my family’s tradition but that doesn’t mean we can’t still play around with it and have fun if we can, so here’s a prank idea that might come in handy for Halloween.

Get a bucket and cut a hole out the bottom of it then put the bucket on a table and get a bunch of fake bugs, drop them all inside, after that stick a paper plate right on top of the bugs and fill the rest of the bucket with candies. Now the prank is ready, all that’s left for you to do is wait for the right moment then ask the prank’s victim to bring you the bucket and so once they lift it up all the bugs will fall and the rest is history. Enjoy!

CaroleMikhail

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Auriane Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:55 pm

When I was young, approximately 10 years, with my sister and my mother, we going to Bordeaux to a city next Angers, at my grand-mother house for Toussaint holidays.
On the evening of 31 October, with my sister, Solène and my two cousins : Lara who are one year more than me and Lou, who are two years less than my sister, we celebrated Halloween.
At the end of the afternoon we started to disguise ourselves, all of us as witches with spiders made up on our faces.
With a bag in our hand we went for a walk around the neighbourhood with my mother. We knocked at each house to collect sweets.
Some didn't even know it was Halloween, but everyone gave what they had: candy, cake, gum or a coin.
We might as well tell you that we ate well. Very Happy
Auriane
Auriane

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmannuelle Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:45 pm

Halloween is my favorite "holiday" even if I always get a few embarrassing anecdotes.
1. Indeed when I was little, dressed as a little witch I went with my group of friends to a house where the person didn't know what Halloween was so we had to spend 15 minutes trying to convince him to give us something but that we weren't really going to put a bad spell on him (he was a very superstitious old man).
2. Another time when I was still young, I was dressed as a princess and an adult who accompanied us was dressed as a cow and obviously I couldn't think of anything better to do than to touch her magpies while my mother took a picture (my mother likes to show this picture to embarrass me !).
In short, even if weird things always happen to me, it's a funny day, where you can be who you want to be and eat candy without restriction.

Emmannuelle

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 subject Halloween Empty Haloween

Post by Bastien Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:01 pm

Haloween is a very popular party in the United States, there are many events organized on this day to celebrate with friends, family... I think it's a pity that Haloween is not as famous in France. It can happen that children go through the streets and knock on doors looking for candy or even a spell! By the way, when I was little I used to do Haloween sometimes with friends and my cousins. Of course this was mainly for candy! My parents and I used to decorate our house to make it look scary! Today I think Haloween has lost some of its influence and that's a shame.

Bastien

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion.P Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:45 pm

When I was a little girl I used to hate Halloween. Mostly because of tv shows that gave me a magical idea of it (with costumes, decorated houses and families walk) whereas nobody in France gave a shit at Halloween at the time (especially my parents and hometown).
Last year was a little bit different. I was lucky enough to spend Halloween in Canada and it went exactly as a Netflix movie (and as I expected). First, I bought my costume in a sexshop since the idea of Halloween's outfits in America is mostly about being half scary and half sexy, or often just the second one. Which could be called "Cosplay" in my opinion but still. Mine was a racing driver suit which ended up in a car crash #rip. Then, I went to parties all week-end long. I also once dressed up as a "Burn out" (that says a lot about my idea of our actual society). I loved tragically making up my friends' faces and exploding fake blood on their clothes. The week before, every corners of Montréal was customed in a Halloween version. Costumes were more and more originals and no one was surprised to meet a 45-year-old zombie on a Thursday morning in the subway. That was so cool 🥰
Marion.P
Marion.P

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by auxane Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:01 pm

When I was little I loved doing Halloween with my sister. We loved to dress up and put on makeup even if we weren't necessarily going to ring at the neighbors for candy.
When we go candy hunting we loved going to an old lady who gave us a lot of candy.
We often had a lot of chocolate candies the "michoko".
A little anecdote, what I loved about Halloween was that you got to see a little inside people's houses. When I was little, I lived in a housing estate where there were a lot of kids in my class, so I loved ringing their doorbell and seeing the inside of their house.

auxane

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum