UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on today's session and suggestions for next week's discussion

+7
Tess
Marion.P
coline
Titouan
Elsa
Marion R
Admin
11 posters

Go down

Thoughts on today's session and suggestions for next week's discussion Empty Thoughts on today's session and suggestions for next week's discussion

Post by Admin Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:40 pm

So what did you think about today, What worked, what didn't? How can we improve on it. What should we discuss next week? Should I choose an article or maybe a documentary for you to watch?

Should we change the size of the groups or would you like to choose who is in your group?

All ideas will be read and appreciated.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on today's session and suggestions for next week's discussion Empty Re: Thoughts on today's session and suggestions for next week's discussion

Post by Marion R Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:28 pm

I really liked the way it was done today, except for the connection issues.

The fact that we are in a small group, allows us to speak more often. Personally the groups suit me.

For next week, we should discuss about the news of the week. But honestly I don't really have any ideas. Sorry John.

Marion R

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on today's session and suggestions for next week's discussion Empty Re: Thoughts on today's session and suggestions for next week's discussion

Post by Elsa Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:52 am

I found this format was interesting and participatory. We didn't have the choice to speak and it helps us to make an effort.

In a small group it's very good, it allows us to discuss each in turn.

We could discuss about our favourite series/films/cartoons or our favourite artists (cinema, music...).

Elsa

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Titouan Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:58 am

it was really interesting to debate around a "sensitive topic" and current. We didn't have the choice to give our opinion and we did not agree, so it's a nice exercice.

for the next week, may be each person could choose a personal topic, who affect us, we can present this topic and launch a debate around this topic.

Thank you Smile

Titouan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by coline Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:10 pm

It was really interesting to speak in very small group but the time is very short compared to the usual two hours.

I think is really good to read a text and, after, talk about it because the fact that we have to read an article plus have to talk about it, that makes work reading comprehension, listening comprehension and oral expression. So, I think this format is perfect but with more time it'll be better.

coline

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion.P Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:55 pm

I really liked last week's format. Reading an article and discussing about it is interesting. Also the fact that you chose the topic made us think about something we might not have thought of otherwise. As Coline, I just wish I had a little more time for discussion than 40 minutes.
Maybe making the groups a little bit larger would allow us to add a 10-20 minute exchange time?
Except that, the fact that everyone can speak is really nice! It would also be fun to randomly change groups' members every week to be able to discuss with everyone, but maybe it's too complicated to organize in terms of groups rotation about class start times...
Marion.P
Marion.P

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:01 pm

I find that the size of the groups is ideal, everyone can talk and present their ideas. We can debate and the speaking time is well distributed. Although sometimes I don't understand everything, I try to follow in my own way so groups of 5/6 people are good for me.

As for the topics, I find it interesting to choose news topics that raise interesting issues for debate. For the next courses I let you choose, I'm sure we won't be disappointed.

Tess

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwenola Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:24 pm

I really liked how the session was executed and the fact that we had to read an article on a sensitive subject and being able to give our opinion while working on our English was really great.
Being in a small group is interesting because it allows you to speak but I did find it a bit short. On the other hand I think it is important that we can hear you speak during the sessions because it makes us work on our understanding of spoken English.
For next week, maybe we can discuss about our dreams or our goals in our life.

Gwenola

Back to top Go down

Post by Bastien Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:11 pm

For me the 40 minute session was really nice. Everything worked well. I find it much more convenient when we are in small groups because we can all talk and you are all listening. The topic was interesting because it talked about current events. I think discussing the facts of the moment is ideal and we should continue. Unfortunately I don't always understand everything but I try to do my best.

Bastien

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaroleMikhail Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:30 pm

I thought that the planning was very good. I find the size of the groups very well suited for having a progressive conversation. The session was well organized too and the topic was interesting.
I had a bug with my microphone which kept me from sharing my thoughts but I’m glad that I could still take part in the discussion at the end and that is fixed and tested now so hopefully it won’t be a problem anymore.

CaroleMikhail

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmannuelle Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:09 pm

So apart from the fact that my microphone didn't work and I was panicking all over my apartment trying to find a solution, yes it was a very good idea. I was trying to follow what the others were saying and I tried to make up for it at the end, that's the main thing, right?

I think Elsa and Titouan's ideas would be interesting to do for the next few weeks.

Otherwise the fact of reading texts beforehand, being in small groups, being "obliged to speak" and small sessions of 40 minutes really helps to be motivated and not embarrassed for the shyest.
In short, everything is perfect.

Emmannuelle

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum