UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today's and future sessions.

+9
LauraD
gwen
Alix
Ismail Benlemlih
Amina
AlexisC
camilleb
floriendive
Admin
13 posters

Go down

Today's and future sessions. Empty Today's and future sessions.

Post by Admin Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:40 pm

So what did you think about today, What worked, what didn't? How can we improve on it. What should we discuss next week? Should I choose an article or maybe a documentary for you to watch?

Should we change the size of the groups or would you like to choose who is in your group?

All ideas will be read and appreciated.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Today's and future sessions. Empty Re: Today's and future sessions.

Post by floriendive Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:31 pm

I liked today's sessions, it was really interesting and we were all able to talk, which was cool!

Sadly, the session was too short, I wanted to talk more 😂. I like the group distribution and the number of student the way it is. For the subject, I don't mind having an article or a video. I also like listening to podcasts but I don't know any in English, it may be a good alternative, do you have any suggestion ?
floriendive
floriendive

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by camilleb Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:23 pm

It was a nice session today because everyone had the chance to talk (except Salomé but I hope next week Laughing ).

A group of 6 as today is the best for me because we can discuss and give our point of view even in 40 minutes. Keeping the old type of session (2 hours with 17 people)  is not really appropriate for me.

I like my group and I think we did a good job today so maybe we can keep the same groups every week and change the hour of session as you said.

For the next session, we should read an article because we already have listening so reading is a good training.

thank you for asking our opinion Very Happy

camilleb

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexisC Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:35 pm

I really enjoyed this morning's class. Smile

It was very interesting and we were really able to express ourselves as we wanted.

I think that the size of the groups is ideal, it allows everyone to speak. Personally, I like my group.

As Florian says it's a little bit short, I couldn't say everything i want but we have to choose between small groups and more time.

Sorry John, but I didn't understand, we don't choose the topics for next week anymore?

AlexisC
AlexisC

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:16 pm

AlexisC wrote:I really enjoyed this morning's class.  Smile

It was very interesting and we were really able to express ourselves as we wanted.

I think that the size of the groups is ideal, it allows everyone to speak. Personally, I like my group.

As Florian says it's a little bit short, I couldn't say everything i want but we have to choose between small groups and more time.

Sorry John, but I didn't understand, we don't choose the topics for next week anymore?

The idea was that you would choose the topic but you were speaking so well in your groups that I didn't want to stop you and get you to choose. I'm more than happy for you to put up a topic for discussion.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

AlexisC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amina Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:10 pm

According to me, the system of the last online course is a very good idea. I think that is better to be in a small group of 6 students for english class. It allows everyone to express themselves and to practice. We can keep this numbers of people in each group, leave them the same and change only the schedules. Regarding to the subject and its format, read an article or watch a documentary its as you want I havn’t preference, and for the subject it’s the same. It’s great because it allows to diversify the discussions each week and learn new vocabulary. I don’t really see any improvement; in my opinion this is the best form to adopt.

Amina

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Today's and future sessions. Empty today and future sessions

Post by Ismail Benlemlih Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:39 pm

hey i think it was a good session, we've tried the other subjects of the year on line but we didn't participate too much like we've done in english, we talked , everyone had the same chance as the teacher to give his point of view
A group of 6 was so nice because we can give our opinion and listen to others carefully,but a negative point is that the risk of bad connection could be possible
i liked the discussion that happened with my classemates, everyone gives me new ideas, i liked also the article, it was too interesting because it contains a video to feel more what realy happened
despite all this, I want to return to normal life, to have normal classes, studying at home is less motivating

Ismail Benlemlih

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alix Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:32 pm

I found it very interesting. It give us the occasion to talk and to explain your opinion on a topic.
6 in a group it’s a good number. To discuss on a documentary will be a good idea too.

Alix

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gwen Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:14 am

I liked last session. It was good, everyone can have a chance to talk and give their point of view. I think 6 is a perfect number because we each have time to talked and speak out about what we think of the subject. The subject was interesting, articles or even audio are a good ideas to talk about.

gwen

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraD Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:03 am

This first online session was really good. I think it’s not super cool for you to have about 6 times in a row the same discussion with us about the same topic but for us it’s really cool ! When we are in a small group we can all talk without interrupting each other and without it taking too long. I think this working solution is rather good and for a course where we all have to speak, it works perfectly.

LauraD

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by colineg Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:02 pm

The first session was good. A group of 6 is a good number, we all have time to express ourselves and to listen to each other. An article or a video is good, it gives us subject to talk about. I think that this solution is the best to practice our english.

colineg

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by leaguilloteau01 Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:29 pm

The first session was really good ! I liked being in small groups as everybody is able to talk to everyone and add something about someone else's talk. I also think it's better to have a topic you choose like last week, as an article or it could be a video too I don't mind. But it's more interesting and less "boring" than talking about hobbies for example. In that way we are able and we have to learn new vocabulary it make us improve our english and maybe helping us being more confident about talking in english.
leaguilloteau01
leaguilloteau01

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by may-line david0 Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:44 pm

I liked the class format (except that I had to wake up at 8 AM), little groups were really nice to feel at ease to speak but sometimes it was complicated to impose itself and react to something someone said at the right time. 
Also, I would have preferred a "lighter subject" and more resources to get to know more the subject and feel more confident about it because I felt that even if I have an opinion on it I couldn't base it on anything concrete.
may-line david0
may-line david0

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MeganeC Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:10 pm

I liked last session but as some other people said, I would prefer to talk about rather a marketing subject or any "light subject" so we could feel like it's not another "serious" work.

MeganeC

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down