UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last 3 classes first semester

2 posters

Go down

Last 3 classes first semester Empty Last 3 classes first semester

Post by Admin Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:55 pm

Well I came on here to see what topics you'd put up for discussion this week and found ... nothing Evil or Very Mad So sad. Still perhaps you don't want those easy marks I'm giving out. affraid

While I'm here I'll share with you my latest thoughts on the next three sessions. Thursday 19th will be a "normal" session and I'll get 3 discussion pieces up today on UPDago for you to prepare and the other hour of "classwork" will be up before the Thursday session. As usual you'll have the week to do it, whenever you feel most like working.

Thursday 26th will be your presentation day, I think you have an "Olivier" session running on that morning too. I'll put up a schedule on UPdago so that you know your time slot. Login before the actual presentation time and when I finish the presentation before yours I'll transfer you into a breakout room. Considering the course time limitation and the probability of technical hiccups along the way you'll have 4 minutes (max) for your presentation. Make it a good 4 minutes.

Thursday 3/12 will be a video comprehension test session. I've still got to work through the logistics in this new distance testing world but I think you'll all have to connect at the same time and do the test "together". The video and answer sheet will be unavailable outside the time of the test. Will it work? Who knows? We are all guinea pigs, it seems.

I had hoped that the last session would have been a "Christmas party" session involving food and games as I do most years but that's not going to happen. Hopefully we can do something in March/April instead.

Now get those discussion topics up.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

leaguilloteau01 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Last 3 classes first semester Empty Re: Last 3 classes first semester

Post by Florian D. Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:05 pm

[ltr]We choose a new topic for this new week and this is the following : internet and the children [/ltr]
[ltr]It is obvious that the screen time for children have to be limited because you have a lot of things in internet which aren’t adapted to the children. Of course children can learn a lot of things in internet, they can watch some videos of history facts, learn some news on the online newspaper etc. But the truth is out there : if I take the example of my cousins, I see that they just use internet to be distracted and not to learn some things which can increase their culture.  [/ltr]

[ltr]That’s not really different as my childhood : we had access to internet and other sources of information but the only thing which really interest myself was the video games [/ltr]

[ltr]I noticed something interested that children always attract by : the prohibitionI know I was attract by the war video games which were prohibited to under 16-18 years old. I don’t know why but I wanted this game named “Call Of Duty” and I had it (it was a complicated negociation with my parents but I was borned marketer... Wink ). For my little cousin which is 10 years old, that’s the same, she started to watch “Stranger Things” on Netflix without the benediction of their parents but then they allow her to watch the serie because the child know how to convince their parents Twisted Evil [/ltr]

Florian D.

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down