UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APP Jules Gendreau

Go down

APP Jules Gendreau Empty APP Jules Gendreau

Post by Jules Gendreau Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:05 pm

It's here where I will put my work for this semester.
I did the APP each week but like often it's a same subject on 2 weeks (one paragraph for 2/3 weeks of work), I will put all work at the dead line.

Jules Gendreau

Back to top Go down

APP Jules Gendreau Empty Re: APP Jules Gendreau

Post by Jules Gendreau Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:12 pm

SPORT INJURIES: (2weeks)
The risk of injuries is an important element in Sport. You must know it. That’s why to protect yourself, there are differents things to do.  The professionnal athlete’s body it’s his working instrument. He must be careful with  it.
Common injuries :
● Tear : The muscle tear is the elongation of a muscle with destruction of one or more muscle fibers and possibly tendons (thigh, quadriceps, rectus femoris).
● Sprain : an injury to a muscle or similar soft part of the body caused by using that part too much (knee, ankle, elbow, wrist).
● Strain : A contracture is an involuntary muscle contraction of a number of muscle fibers within an unusually long muscle (every muscles).
●Brake : Rupture of bone or hard cartilage (every bones).
Prevent the risk :
For prevent the risk of injuries, times of preparation are done. The first and the most importantly is the warm-up.  
The warm-up :
The warm-up is the principal moment where we take care about injuries.  
The periode of warm-up is common for every sports, but with few specificities for each sport and each athlete.  
To me, the objective of a warm-up is to prepare the body :  muscles, ligaments, tendons, joints for a physical activity.  
On this purpose, we use exercises, stretching, sheathing.  
-Exercices : specific to each sport, according to the zones of the body mobilized during the effort.  
-Stretching : common to each sport, but according to what sport it is, we insist on certain muscles. We stretch the muscle to gain flexibility and avoid injury.
-Sheathing: Prepare the abdominal   Before each of my training or match, I do that :
-I begin by running back and forth with many movements.  
-First, I do just trotting during 5min  
-Then I do knee up and buttocks on the way in and out
- Finally I do step of defense and accelerations on the way back only  
I finish my warm up with stretching in focusing on places where I feel pain.
Some parameters :
We will see some parameters who can influe on the risk of injuries.  
The environment :
The place of practice is important regrading the sport. For example, a pole vaulter will not train on his track if it has rained before. The risk of an injury by slipping is too important. Another example : a football player will not play on a tarmac because he will scratch himself doing a tackle. The place of practice is therefore very important.  Also the weather during the sportive activity can influence. If it rain, a vaulter doesn’t train out, he will do rather a musculation session to dodge injuries. The athlete must adapt to the weather.    
The age :
The age of the athlete influes on how to prepare yourself before a training or a match.  More on the hold, more the preparation must be long and pushed. Indeed, with the age, the body recovers much less easily and quickly. The warm-up is more important.    
The equipment :
The equipment also considers the health of an athlete. Two aspects to create:  
- Aspect of specificity of the equipement. For each sports, a same material can have a specificity. For example, basketball shoes are reinforced at the ankle because the ankle is very sollicited. In football, the shoes are stud to hook grass.  
- Aspect of brand of the equipement. The level of brand can have an impact on the athlete’s health. A brand of low quality can less protect the athlete. Insoles of bad quality may not dampen shocks after a jump and thus bring an injury.

Last edited by Jules Gendreau on Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jules Gendreau

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Gendreau Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:14 pm

Golden State Warriors (2weeks)

Let's talk today about the best sports league in the world, the NBA (National Basketball Association).
The NBA is the best basketball league in the world. Every young basketball players dream to go here. This league is composed actually of 30 teams. My beloved team is the Golden State Warriors.
Today, I will talk about them on tree aspects : first I will speak about their story from their creation to today, next I will present to you the most important players in their history, and to finish I will tell you on the why this team is my favourite.
The Golden State Warriors are founded in 1946 under the name of « Philadelphia Warriors », the franchise to moved in San Francisco in 1962 and became the « San Fransico Warriors ». During this period, the franchise won 3 titles NBA. In 1971, the franchise changed for the last time is name for the « Golden State Warriors ». After many galley years, she came back at the top of of the league since 2014. To add 3 tittles in the wardrobe trophy. It’s consired like the dynasty of last years. More over the team appared in 5 consecutive finals for 3 victory.
The Golden State Warriors are founded in 1946 under the name of « Philadelphia Warriors », the franchise to moved in San Francisco in 1962 and became the « San Fransico Warriors ». During this period, the franchise won 3 titles NBA. In 1971, the franchise changed for the last time is name for the « Golden State Warriors ». After many galley years, she came back at the top of of the league since 2014. To add 3 tittles in the wardrobe trophy. It’s consired like the dynasty of last years. More over the team appared in 5 consecutive finals for 3 victory. Palmares of Golden State Warrior composed by 6 titles. The actual logo represents the Golden gate of San-Francisco in yellow on a blue background.
The sprirt in Golden State was ever the fast play or every for attack. Debut of 90’s, the run TMC composed of Tim Hardaway, point guard very slacher in the paint and was one of the best crossers of the NBA history, Mitch Richmond, shooting guard very full and very good defender, and Chris Mullin, small forward very fast and very good shooter. This trio carry the team during 2 years at an offensive level never see in the league. No defense, every attack was the credo of their coach, Don Nelson.
The same coach renewed the experience with the Golden State Warriors in the middle of 00’s with the story of « We believe ». This time, he decided to play without tall. The center of the team was Mickaël Pietrus who measure 6’6’’. This team is lead by Baron Davis, point guard very strong and slasher, succeded to beat the Dallas Mavericks of the MVP Dirk Nowitzki in the first round of the 2007 playoffs. It was a amazing performance.
The Warriors are today the best team of last years. The 3 most important players are Draymond Green, forward very good defender and the soul of the team, Klay Thompson, shooting guard among the best shooter of all time, and Stephen Curry, point guard double MVP and considered like the best shooter of all time. This team realized the best record of the NBA history in regular season, 73 wins for 9 defeats. A fourth player helped this trio during 3 of 5 years ; Kevin Durant, small forward very tall (6’11’’) very good scorers.
If we return in the 60’s, we can’t pass by Wilt Chamberlain, one of best basketball player of all time, center of 7’1’’ et 275 lb, he was a parquet monster from 1959 to 1972. He is the author of the famous 100 points in 1 match. He passed 6 years in the Warrior for averages of 42 points and 24 rebounds by match. He was the Mvp of 1962 with average of 50.4 points and 25.7 rebounds. He has got 70 records in NBA. Whose the number of rebounds in carreer so the average of rebounds in carreer. Despite this, he doen’t win a championship NBA with the Warrior.
The last players is Rick Barry, small forward od 6’7’’ and 205 lb, he was played for the warriors from 1965 to 1967 and from 1972 to 1978. Big scorers, he is mostly famous for his special technic at free throws, says « with a spoon ». Thanks to that , he has got the record of porcentage to tree throws on 1 season : 94,7%.
For me this team in sommary with one word, spectacle !!! Always combined efficiency and beauty. And in my point of view, it’s the perfect definition of Bsaketball. I started to support this team after view a video of « we believe », since I’m a big and inconsistent fan of the Golden State Warriors. The yellow and blue blood runs through my veins and will runs always. This team made me discover the NBA and her amazing spectacle. Since I follow every games of the regular and post season with great attention. I finish by say the Dub Nation is the best fan base in NBA, and as they say in Oakland Bay « Strenght in Numbers ».

Jules Gendreau

Poitou Baptiste likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Gendreau Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:59 pm

MY JOB(1week)
This Summer, I worked for the first time in my life. I am talking about a paid job. Otherwise, I have already worked in association like voluntary.
I worked during 3 months, june to august. I wanted work only 2 months but with the Covid19 and the first Lockdown and the stop of the L1 early, I said to me « I don’t other tings to do so why not work a little more ».
The company where was my job was E. Leclerc but not in a supermarket but in the « Scachap » at Ruffec, a very big place with many warehouse (dry, liquid, drive, fresh, frozen), which feeds all the E. Leclerc in the region and even further away.
My job is to pick up boxes and parcels of food that arrive on conveyor belts and put them on pallets that I wrap and who leave in trucks.
At the first journey, it was a little formation where a chief team teached me every moves and gave me advices for the job. I was with another student who was going to work in another warehouse. The chief explained I was at fresh and what the rotation was in 3 teams morning (between 4.00am and 10.00am), journey (between 10.00am and 5.30pm) and night (between 5.30pm and 2.30am). And each week, the teams turn ; morning to journey, journey to night, night to morning.
For my first week, I was of the journey, it is the team the less tiring and it’s the best to start. Then I changed each week in order but in July I passed the 5 weeks at nights. The nights at the hardest team because the body he’s completly out of phase in relation to a normal day. But there is an advantage, the work is more difficult so the pay is bigger.
For a first experience in the world of work, I will say that was a good first but I don’t know if I'll do it every year for 3 months, but rather 2 months.

Jules Gendreau

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Gendreau Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:21 pm

VIDEO GAMES(1week)
Video games takes a very big place in my life.
It all started when my father gave to me his nintedo SuperNES. With games like Zelda, NBA Jam, Super Mario, I discovered the pleasure to play video games. This feeling to enjoy I only find it when I’m playing sports.
Since that event, I developped a passion for video games. I had got many games console. Xbox, Wii, Xbox One, Xbox One X, and this month, I bought my first games console with my money, Xbox Series X.
Many people of the old generation don’t understand why young people like video games and find that even dangerous for their health. But I think it’s just because their are misinformed.
As in cinema and literature, we can find many themes and game categories. Adventure, Simulator, Super Heroes, Sports, Art, Fantastic, Creative, … I find the video games make it possible to live and to do thongs that we can’t to do in real life. Games like Minecraft can to give at children a mean to show their creativity.
At school, video games begin to be use, a young French teacher in a college in Creil in the north of Paris decided to use a Quebec site called Classcraft allowing students to create a character that he will use all the time in class or at home. Through this system students can earn points that allow them to reach goals such as being able to eat gum. Being in a group, this fun game allows students to help each other so as not to penalize the group. This principle has not yet been developed in France but in other countries such as Canada the use of games as a means of learning for students is becoming more and more common.
Video games like the technology is the future, world change and habits too. I think video games are a uge potentiel, the VR (virtual reality) is a perfect example.

Jules Gendreau

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Gendreau Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:49 pm

THE ADVENTURE OF MY CAR(1week)
For one year, I have got the driver’s licence and so I have too a car, a Punto Fiat SX 1997, It was a paying proposition because the car had only 56000km. At the beginning, I said to me it’s a crappy car but with the time I have been very attached to this car.
To have a car was a big change in my life, to be able to move around freely without having to ask her parents to take us. However, we discovered too the cost of the money with gasoline. It’s a very big part of my month budget.
I'm going to talk now about different stories I've had with my car :
-The first one took place in december 2019. I drived for come-back home, I was on the right way of a double way where the left way was prohibited. Before a roudabout I decided to pass to the left way beacause I went to take the third exit. And at this moment a car come with a very high speed and touch all left side of my car. He scratched the entire body and tore off the rearview mirror. After that I drived without rearview mirror during one week. It’s was not a good experience for my neck.
-The last one took place the first week of november 2020. For the lockdown two, I decided to stay at my apartment in La Couronne. I parked my car in front of my window since the beginnig of the year, I never had a problem. But my shutters closed so I didn’t see outdoor. An afternoon I wanted to do my shopping and I opened the door and I didn’t see my car. I ran to the town hall because I thought that it had been stolen. But after conversation with the police I knew she was at the pound. It was too late to take her today so I waited the next day. So I had to cross Angoulème on foot to go to the pound in Soyaux then to the police station at the Champs de Mars then return to the pound.
I hope to have again may stories with my car in the futur.

Jules Gendreau

Poitou Baptiste likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down