UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APP Bedon Hugo

Go down

APP Bedon Hugo Empty APP Bedon Hugo

Post by Bedon hugo Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:00 am

During this semester i managed to impose a rhythm of work in English that i rather managed to keep. I will explain this to you:
Since the last confinement i have motivated myself to improve my English first to improve my grades in English to ensure at least one UE in the semester and have a good mark on it. And secondly, quite simply to offer me an additional skill because for me English is a language that i would really like to master really perfectly. So i set myself a goal is that in one year (next May) i will be able to speak very well without searching for my words in English because for me the biggest difficulty is speaking. I think I'm pretty good at writing because i have time to search for my words and reformulate my sentences even if i sometimes lack vocabulary so it's been fine for a long time but orally I'm less successful. My means of achieving these goals were:
To watch movies and download an app to try to train as often as possible. So since the beginning of the semester i have watched several films that i will say afterwards but also i started to read books and still my English applications.

So first of all, if i have been talking about the films since the beginning of the semester that i have seen, i have watched all the harry potter because i really like this saga. But above all, it was my first films in English so i wanted to choose a film that i already knew so as not to miss the story and Harry Potter seemed good to me because i could see this saga 1000 times without getting bored i think. So every Sunday i watched one of the Harry Potter movies. If I have to make a sumary of harry potter in the order of the episodes. Firstly Harry is in foster care because his parents died because of the greatest murderer in history (Voldemmort) I'm not afraid to say it aha. He will then be sent to a school to become a wizard, he will be full of things like the death of his friends (Dumbledore, the prisoner of azkaban). Eventually he'll fight Voldemort to get everything back to normal. Is that a rather short summary? I know but I can't sum up 8 episodes of harry potter without it being at least 500 lines I think. And above all I imagine that you already know the story, I won't want to bore you.
In addition to harry potter I saw a movie that I had never seen before, it is the maze runner. Honestly i think it's one of my favorite movies. This movie even in English (American) is quite easy to understand. To make a quick summary, it's a young boy who is sent into a labyrinth without wanting to and without memory. In this labyrinth there are many young people who have been stuck in it for a very long time. This young boy (Thomas) will come and change things by finding some solutions and bringing a lot of problems. Many young people will see in him a hope to get out of this labyrinth while others will see a threat because they think there is no solution that they are destined to stay in this maze for life. I don't want to make a long summarize i will risk boring you but to finish at the end the hero thomas ends up by ... nooooo i can't spoil especially if you haven't seen it ahaha.
So i have see eight movies of harry potter and the maze runner. I thing it's a good way to improve my english for my level of oral. It allow to discover vocabulary and pronunciation.

Besides I read my first book in English, a very interesting book called your second life begins when you realize you only have one. It's a personal development book and honestly I still love to progress in life even on small things so this book was very interesting for me. It tells the story of a young woman who has no problem in particular she has a job with a husband and a child so her situation is stable. However, following a car accident, she meets a man who is a routinologist. Talking with this man, she realizes that her life is good but that she has many dreams not to realize. Throughout the book this woman goes become an even happier person by going through lots of steps such as stopping putting everything off until the next day, always seeing the positive, sharing moments with her child and her husband, having more pleasures etc and finally at the end she fulfills her dream of opening a clothing store and her life is much better and this woman is much more fulfilled. Of course we are not going to change our life overnight either but the book gives a lot of little advice that the we can apply every day for example try to make a lot of people smile in the life of every jorus. Stop putting everything off until the next day etc. As explained in the book we realize that little by little we can be much happier and we can make the people around us happier too. Because yes in France we are often angry and we don’tt often smile so this book shows us a little how to do it. A very interesting book that I recommend to anyone who enjoys reading.

Also every two days or 3maximum and every day if I'm motivated I do 15 minutes of English on an application that I paid for (I paid it because it motivates me to use it) His name is busuu I don't know not if you know. I cannot explain what I do exactly because there is really everything from oral, written, vocabulary lists etc. Each lesson is different and it takes me 10 to 25 minutes max. What I love is every lesson at the end I have to answer a question and it's an English person correcting me. And me in I have to correct people in French. It gives you interaction and I love correcting sgens and being corrected by people I don't know but with whom I can discuss.

So to sum up during this semester I have:
Seen the complete Harry Potter saga (8 films)
Read a 247-page book (your second life begins when you realize you only have one)
learned English thanks to the busuu application every 2 days on average, doing 10 to 25 minutes each time.

Bedon hugo

Back to top Go down