UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internship and stressing about it

+11
Eva Armand
Florian D.
colineg
gwen
AlexisC
val_labeguere
may-line david0
Amina
leaguilloteau01
Admin
floriendive
15 posters

Go down

Internship and stressing about it Empty Internship and stressing about it

Post by floriendive Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:20 am

Today, we talked about our research for an internship.. We said that we were stressing about it and we still don't know if it was possible to do it because of Coronavirus. An alumni of the CEPE contacted me on instagram and told me that he would ask other alumni to do an online meeting to talk about their experiences and I think that could be an opportunity to get contact and find an internship. I will let you know the updates Smile

What are your thoughts on this topic ? Are you stressed about the internship ? In which city/country do you want to do it ? Have you found one yet ? Is "yeti" a brand name, a hairy creature or both ? Are you interested in a reunion with alumni of the master ? Have you already send application ?
floriendive
floriendive

Back to top Go down

Internship and stressing about it Empty Re: Internship and stressing about it

Post by Admin Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:44 pm

I can understand the worry. Covid19 has put us into situations that we haven't encountered before and we are learning how to adapt to. In reality another virus like Covid 19 could arrive next year and another the year after, we need to reflect and prepare for all possible eventualities. Change is difficult but there is no reason that it shouldn't be good. Of course Large antiquated countries have more problem with change, let's hope that's not us.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by leaguilloteau01 Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:13 pm

Of course I am 😱😱 I already was without Coronavirus then now you can imagine...
The meeting is such a good idea, it could help us. But I have hopes, internship were allowed during the second lockdown so why not for us ! And if not, I won't cry (maybe 1h 🙄) I will take this time to do something else, learn more, make my own experiences and move on as we have to do.
leaguilloteau01
leaguilloteau01

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amina Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:54 pm

It's true that I am quite worried about the internship. I can't say that I'm really stressed, but I'm a bit worried, I wonder if I'm going to find it easily or with difficulty, if I'm even going to find it. I admit that I haven't really started the research, but just thinking about it I feel that I'm going to have difficulty… Because of the coronavirus, companies are very busy and have less means to deal with the trainees. However, I hope that this won't be a problem for our master's degree.

Amina

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:56 pm

Amina wrote:It's true that I am quite worried about the internship. I can't say that I'm really stressed, but I'm a bit worried, I wonder if I'm going to find it easily or with difficulty, if I'm even going to find it. I admit that I haven't really started the research, but just thinking about it I feel that I'm going to have difficulty… Because of the coronavirus, companies are very busy and have less means to deal with the trainees. However, I hope that this won't be a problem for our master's degree.    

You won't find one if you don't look. Very Happy

Coronavirus won't stop you getting your Masters
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Internship and stressing about it Empty Internship

Post by may-line david0 Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:49 am

I'm really stressed about finding an internship but not really because of covid. 
I stress about writing my cover letter because I would like it to be perfect but I'm not really good to brand myself (A real treat for someone studying marketing). Also because I know the research of an internship will be hard and long and I will certainly have to lower my standards. 
There's also the fact that companies expect interns to know everything and be as efficient as an employee but the fact is that we do internships to learn and cannot be as much "perfect" as someone whose job it is. 
But I'll have to overcome all this otherwise I'll never find my internship. 
I have registered to 2 different workshops to help me find an internship: one for CV and cover letter and the other one for interview. 
Let us cross our fingers and may the odds be ever in my favor. elephant
may-line david0
may-line david0

Back to top Go down

Post by val_labeguere Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:21 pm

For the moment I must confess that I prefer not to think too much about my future internship. I search for it from time to time, by looking at the advertisements on Indeed or Linkedin for example, but for the moment I haven't found anything relevant yet. So personally I'm not very stressed but the more the days go by, the more I start to think seriously about it.

Nevertheless, when I see that most of the advertisements of companies are looking for experienced people with several years of work experience to do a simple internship for few months I find it slightly annoying ... I agree with May Line when she talks about the excessive expectations companies have with interns. How can we learn in an internship if companies are looking for people who are already fully qualified ?  

In any case if there is a meeting with alumni of the CEPE I think it would be an excellent idea ! It's always useful to get advice from people who have experienced the same problems as us, even if Covid did not bother them in their search for an internship ...

val_labeguere

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexisC Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:54 pm

Looking for an internship is stressful, that's for sure, but if you do it in time I don't think it's a problem.

For my part, I've just graduated from a professional high school and I've already worked for several years so I know how things work in a company. I'm more stressed about whether the job I'm going to choose during the internship is going to please me, whether the work they given to do at me will be interesting and if my teamwork are nice.

Our school is in a small town so I am already prepared for the fact that I will have to change flats. I knew it, but having to find another flat in a town you don't necessarily know is always a bit stressful too.

I also think that there is a chance factor in looking for an internship. Of course, the number of mail/letter you send in and the quality of your writing can have an influence, but you just have to find the right person or the right ad at the right time to get a golden internship.
AlexisC
AlexisC

Back to top Go down

Post by gwen Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:11 pm

I don't really stressed about intership because in all of my years of study I always find my intersnhip at the very end moment, right before to start, but this year I really want a find my intership earlier. So now I'm looking at offers and I will be sending out my applications probably this week. But I'm sad because i really wanted to do my internship abroad but with the situation it's to complicated .

gwen

Back to top Go down

Post by colineg Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:31 pm

Finding an internship is always stressful. Because when you read all these offers, you don’t really know if you can do it in real life. Like May-Line said, most companies expect us to be efficient quickly and to know everything, but we just want to learn and see how it works.
I’m also “scared” to be in a small company, with not so much employee in the marketing department. I don’t want to be in charge and alone to do the missions. In my previous internship it was like that, I was by myself, some bad memories …

colineg

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian D. Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:21 pm

I really hope that we will do the online meeting with the alumni students as you proposed Florian ! It can be a great opportunity to have an internship or contacts. 

About internship, I'm not really stress, I trying to invent a new CV for now to be honest and I don't really look about the different offers but I will ! I have hope about internship and I think some companies will take some students for an internship because not all the companies suffer about the COVID pandemic. In addition, maybe it will be clever to search an internship in a company developed online than in a company which only sell their products in face to face.

Florian D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva Armand Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:02 pm

The internship period is a moment that I very often associate with stress. Searching, is for me a difficult moment, where I am afraid to find nothing, or to find something that doesn't correspond to my expectations.The internship period is also a time when you have to prove yourself, to put yourself in danger, to be in a new environment... This year, the internship makes me even more anxious, for two reasons. The first is that I'm coming to the end of my studies, so the internship is even more important.The second is the health crisis, which adds a difficulty because we are not the priority of companies.

Eva Armand

Back to top Go down

Post by Nawel Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:34 pm

I feel stressed about finding an internship because it seems to be complicated with the pandemic. I think that companies can be unwilling to hire students because due to the fact that there are uncertainties concerning lockdown. Also, they may have economic difficulties because of the sanitary crisis so they don't want to spend money too for that. In addition to that, I don't have a precise idea of what kind of tasks I want to do during this traineeship and I have only 3 months to find it. Teachers told us that we will have to start our researches in January and we will have enough time to find an internship, but it seems short and most of training offers requires a lot of experience (like 5 years) which is not my case. I am hopeless Crying or Very sad

Nawel

Back to top Go down

Post by salomekj Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:50 pm

As the majority, the research of an internship seems to me stressfull. According to my feelings, with the current situation it's difficult to project itself in the futur. We have to do our intership on March but we are unable to know if and especially when we can have class at the Cepe. That's why it's stressfull. Like Amina said, with the pandemic compagnies have other problems to deal with. Will they be able to take on interns? I hope so. Because the internship is a great opportunity to discover and enter in the active life.

salomekj

Back to top Go down

Post by ZakariaEL Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:11 pm

This pandemic indeed doesn’t help the students to make their way in a peaceful way and to find an internship for their studies. In fact, it will be more difficult for students to apply for internships but there is always a way to reach it. Using contacts or searching in many platforms or even asking people that you don’t know for more information, are examples that can help the student community. But you now, is all about determination. And regarding to stress, well, is a waste of time because everything gonna be alright any way.

ZakariaEL

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MeganeC Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:10 pm

To begin with this subject, I must say that I feel really concerned about it. I do stress about internship, especially because of this *forking* pandemic (which is beginning to get on my nerves, as you can see) which is slowing down or deleting everything, professionally and personally. To be honest, I'm not looking for the perfect internship for now, because of Covid but also because it is a "short" internship and that great companies want to hire students afterwards. So I'm currently looking for an internship with pure marketing missions in a small/medium company to learn stuff and doing interesting and concrete tasks (and of course, where I could speak English!). But I have to admit that it is not easy to find and the deadline is getting closer and closer. NO PANIC...

MeganeC

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum