UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second semester first subject

+17
jartins
Jordan Rak
Gaëtan Morin
Tifenn G.
Charloote NIORT
Melvin Fleuret
logan
Brémand Xavier
Admin
lguilb04
maeva bigeau
Aurélie
Laura
dmarti
Ugo B
JulesV3
Coline Thouvenin
21 posters

Go down

Second semester first subject Empty Second semester first subject

Post by Admin Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:07 am

The two choices given were Pokemon and a Christmas anecdote from the past.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Second semester first subject Empty Re: Second semester first subject

Post by Coline Thouvenin Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:44 pm

I don't know much things about pokemon so I will soon tell you about a Christmas anecdote from the past. I don't have a particular anecdote about Christmas so I will tell you about this year's holidays. I found them special to the extent that the covid was present. We still spent them as a family and that's what's most important to me.

Coline Thouvenin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV3 Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:06 pm

First happy new year, now for the first upforum of the year I'll speak about Pokémon. My favourite one is definitely the fourth generation, and that the case of the majority of people of my age, because even if usually the first opus of a saga is the best one, the fact that most of us started playing Pokémon by playing on the fourth gen, aka Pokémon Diamond Perl or Platine. With the legendary Pokémon who are respectively Dialga Palkia and Giratina. Whatever, my favourite Pokémon is by far Luxray it's the evolution of luxio who is already the evolution of lixy, Luxray is a huge cat who is a electric Pokémon. In a most common way, the elecritc Pokémon are my favourite, because they release something special that I love.

JulesV3

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:35 pm

JulesV3 wrote:First happy new year, now for the first upforum of the year I'll speak about Pokémon. My favourite one is definitely the fourth generation, and that the case of the majority of people of my age, because even if usually the first opus of a saga is the best one, the fact that most of us started playing Pokémon by playing on the fourth gen, aka Pokémon Diamond Perl or Platine. With the legendary Pokémon who are respectively Dialga Palkia and Giratina. Whatever, my favourite Pokémon is by far Luxray it's the evolution of luxio who is already the evolution of lixy, Luxray is a huge cat who is a electric Pokémon. In a most common way, the elecritc Pokémon are my favourite, because they release something special that I love.

My Youngest son is older than you (28) so I know the first pokemons. My favourite was Charmander. Embarassed
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:48 pm

Okay, I'll talk about Pokemon. I played to the game since I'm a kid and with the first generation (my first pokemon game was Pokemon blue). My favorite generation is the third, with Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald. The three Legendary Pokemon for this generation are respectively Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza. I think if it's the one I like the most, there are two reasons : The first is because my favorite legendary pokemon is Rayquaza (Who is a badass Dragon, of cours and if we don't count legendary pokemon, then it's Tyranitar, a pokemon from the second generation, which is the second generation I like the most). The second, it's because I love the region : Hoenn. There are a lot of beachs, suns... that's remind me summer, and I love that.

Ugo B

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarti Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:32 pm

A few years ago, we spend Christmas in Portugal in order to reunite the entire family. As a result, the 25th, we opened our presents in front of everyone. And you should know that every year, with my brother, our parents offer us a “surprise gift” that we don’t expect at all. And this year, they offered us a plaid.. our faces completely changed at this moment, we thought it was ridiculous to have a plaid in Christmas (and in front of everyone). We were really disappointed. But, today we are constantly using this plaid, it was a very good idea in the end.

dmarti

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:20 pm

When I’m young, aroud eight years, I always think about to Santa Claus. I was the youngest between my brother and cousins. As they are oldest, they already knew Santa Claus no exist. They was eager to open their presents. They would to open the 25 December at midnight but for this the youngest child who still believed in Santa Claus had to be gone. Thus, as it was getting late and I was exhausted waiting for him, I went to bed so that time would pass faster and so he would drop off the presents. We came wake me up when the Santa Claus was in the home and when I going to down the stairs, I through I look the Santa Claus but finally he had started running to get back on his sleigh. They had all played the game and the comedy. Not very smart because that's when I realized that Santa Claus didn't exist ...

Laura

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:13 am

I am going to talk about Pokemon. I am not a very big fan of this anime, but I played the game like everyone when it came out. I played it every time. What I loved the most, it was when I was on vacation, because pokemon was more interesting than those at home. When I was going to Paris, we went to parks to hunt pokemon. I was going with my sister and my grandmother. We visited at the same time as playing. These are good memories. Now I don’t play at this game anymore.

Aurélie

Back to top Go down

Post by maeva bigeau Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:52 am

Today I talk about pokemon. When kid I love pokemon and play for the game. But also see the movies and cartoons. My favorite pokemon is Evoli and Ponita. Because I love the horse since I was little, and love animals. I also have very very pokemon card with my twins. My mother was buying very packet of pokemon card. Then I play on the application for the mobile phone, this games was very amusing because the out to home and going in the forest , differents city for catch a lot of pokemon. There are good memories. But I don't play is game anymore. I don't have a time for play.

maeva bigeau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Second semester first subject Empty Christmas anecdote

Post by lguilb04 Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:43 pm

I have several anecdotes from the past about Christmas but I think I have a really special one more than the others....
On December 24, 2017, my aunt left my grandparents to go home to look for things. On the road, she feels pain in her stomach. So she has to go to the hospital. Arriving in the emergency room, she is told that she is pregnant and that she will give birth. She made a «denial of pregnancy ». It’s a very weird process. When the doctor told her that she was pregnant, her belly started to swell. Shocked
Finally, it was the best Christmas present in the family... I love you And no one will forget their date of birth !!!

lguilb04

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:07 am

lguilb04 wrote:I have several anecdotes from the past about Christmas but I think I have a really special one more than the others....
On December 24, 2017, my aunt left my grandparents to go home to look for things. On the road, she feels pain in her stomach. So she has to go to the hospital. Arriving in the emergency room, she is told that she is pregnant and that she will give birth. She made a «denial of pregnancy ». It’s a very weird process. When the doctor told her that she was pregnant, her belly started to swell.  Shocked
Finally, it was the best Christmas present in the family... I love you  And no one will forget their date of birth !!!

wow!
Admin
Admin
Admin

lguilb04 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Brémand Xavier Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:00 pm

My first pokemon game was Pokemon Diamond. The final boss is called Dialga. I remember that I played this game so much that I knew from memory the path to get to this boss which was some kind of a labyrinth. My favourite pokemon was Etouraptor because he has so much flow and he has cool attacks aswell.

Brémand Xavier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by logan Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:27 pm

I'm going to talk about Pokémon, so personally I haven't watched much of the tv show and I've never played games on a console but when I was in primary school it was the fashion of pokemon cards and we were trying to collect them all. We exchanged cards with each other and some boasted of having a very rare card. At the time my favorite Pokémon was dracofeu because it was a dragon and he was strong.

logan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Melvin Fleuret Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:13 pm

As I supported his candidature, I will speak about Pokémon.
But I'll not speak on anime TV or video games, but about the Manga.

So, " Pokemon Adventures " is a manga who retrace all of the broad outlines ( that words I found for " grandes lignes " ) of the video games.
However there are lots of trash scenes ( we can see decapitated pokemon for exemple ), in contrary to the anime TV where the universe is very colored and child friendly.

The principal default I found for this manga is the price. Normally, the price of a manga is about 7euros. But for Pokémon ( ok that's bigger tome so they have an excuse ) that's 10e!

Melvin Fleuret

Birthday : 2001-07-05

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charloote NIORT Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:30 pm

I'm going to start with a Christmas anecdote. Three years ago, I was celebrating Christmas in my grandparents's house with my cousins. Like every year, someone was sick and not enjoying the evening. And this time it was for my cousin. Indeed, at the beginning of the meal, she complained of stomach aches. A few minutes later she ran to the toilet but I was on her way ... my feet and clothes don't remember yet! So, after vomiting on me, I no longer enjoy the meal as much ... she was in so much pain that we had to call the emergency room ... It was finally an Hepatisis

Charloote NIORT

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifenn G. Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:35 am

I'm going to talk about pokemon because my Christmas was not extraordinary like this year which is not very famous so I hope this new year will be better even if this year has a bad start but we need to keep hope. So, for me, and for lot of people of my generation I think, pokemon is a perferct symbol of my childhood. I was not very passionate only by pokemon but like all people of my age I knew the principal pokemons, I played at some games and I watched the cartoon. I remember that my favorite pokemon game was "pokemon dungeon mystery" because it's the only game which allow to play a pokemon and not a pokemon trainer and more over the pokemon that we play was determine by a personality test, I find that very great ! Very Happy And it's the reason why I preferred this game compare to the others games, I remember according to the test I was Chimchar one of my favorite starters (even if I prefer his last evolution form : Infernape) but at this time the majority of pokemon that I loved were the legendary pokemon like Mewtwo, Absol, Zapdos etc, it's only pokemon of the first generations because after the generation black and white my passion of pokemon reduced. If I will say THE pokemon that I prefer NOW I think I choose Lucario because it's one of my favorite characters in Super Smash Bros (an other video games series) and a characters that I play often. To finish I think for my generation the pokemons keep always a space, more or less important, in our hearts like proved the game pokemon go there is some years which have a lot of success with the teenagers, and it's because it's an important memory of our childhood and pokemon continue to grew up through the next generation of children with new games so we can ask the question : pokemon will be die out one day ?

Tifenn G.

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëtan Morin Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:33 am

I don't have any interesting Christmas anecdotes from the past so I chose the Pokemon topic. When I was in elementary school I had 3 occupations: football, marbles, and Pokemon cards. I remember once that I got ripped off by a CM2 when I was in CE1 by exchanging cards and suddenly I did the same when I was in CM1. Also I really liked the Pokemon diamond game on DS. I even played secretly at night when my parents went to bed. Sometimes I got caught and at that moment I laughed less.

Gaëtan Morin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Rak Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:03 pm

I chose to tell an anecdote from a past Christmas. It was three years ago, my mother decided to make a starter with seafood, like shellfish and lobster. Except that to be fresh she had reserved them like that she had gone to get them the same day ... The evening of the meal arrives, everything was in place while waiting for everyone to arrive, except that surprise, the shells were really very so fresh that they weren't cooked and woke up and were wandering around the table. It was really very funny !!

Jordan Rak

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jartins Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:26 am

Long ago with my family. We had planned to celebrate in Lyon with an uncle.However, we arrived late at the train and there was no other train. We decided to go to Lyon by car, maybe 6 hours drive, but on the way the car broke down. This day we lose the money for the ticket train, a car and the chrismas' celebration. Now we don't move far for the chrismas.

jartins

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by loreena martin Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:15 am

happy new year on upenglish for the first forum of the year 2021! The pokemon topic does not inspire me much because I have never played it and I really do not know myself. i remember in the schoolyard when i was little a lot of people played pokemon cards. But me no, I didn't like it. Then a few years ago the phone game arrived. A lot of people played it, but I still didn't because I don't really like "video" games. I have friends who walked a lot just to find rare pokemon, they were walking home from university because there was an arena but I don't understand the point so I find it a little "stupid"!

loreena martin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre-Louis Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:55 pm

I admit that i have not a lot of inspiration to talk about Pokemon because I haven't played or watched Pokemon a long time, but i'll try to write a few words about it. Pokemon is a symbol for a generation and many people have heard about Pokemon. It started to be forgotten but Pokemon came back with the app on phone Pokemon Go who had a world success. It reminded good memories for a lot of people, but I was sad to not being able to play because my phone at this time wasn't powerfull enough to make it work. I would have probably enjoyed this game, even if I don't know a lot about Pokemon, i like the world. Being Sacha and have the possibility to catch little animals to make them fight and be friend with them would be an amazing experience.

Pierre-Louis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie TORRIANI Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:24 pm

Hellooooo !
I don't have knowledge in terms of Pokémon ... So I will tell you about my Christmas. This year, Christmas was really special because of the coronavirus. Indeed, this year I didn't eat with my grandparents… We went to see them in the afternoon but we wore the mask. I find it really sad and I hope I can see my grandparents again soon without this mask

Julie TORRIANI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by octave blosse Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:05 am

Pokemon represents all my childhood because when I was at school I had several cards in pokemon books and I traded with my friends. In the playground we were doing pokemon fights

octave blosse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum