UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 week 2 subject - The Restart

+19
Thibaud Denis
Zoe GALEA
Vincent Tributsch
Louis Alter
KylianMalavergne
Adrien Sabourin
Jules Gendreau
Poitou Baptiste
Estelle Arrivé
Romain0
felix merle
Antoine Renoux
Swann Giraud
Theo-Binchet
léatramblé
Laurine Avinio
tiphaine pimond
chloé robin
Admin
23 posters

Go down

Semester 2 week 2 subject - The Restart Empty Semester 2 week 2 subject - The Restart

Post by Admin Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:39 am

You have a choice of two topics. You can talk about the APSA re-start or (for Theo) you can talk about Dora the explorer.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 week 2 subject - The Restart Empty Re: Semester 2 week 2 subject - The Restart

Post by chloé robin Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:30 pm

Obviously, if I had six years, I would prefer talk about Dora! When I was young I loved this cartoon.
More seriously, the question about the re-started of APSA is essential.
I’m very disappointed about the situation, of course there is the covid but it was not a reason! A lot of university can restart their TD. Good for them but I find it outrageous because in STAPS we need TD to practicing sports otherwise our industry is useless. Since today we can restart some TD sports and still it’s not won. I’m very disappointed about the way the university operates. I hope that later we can come back for good and be able to do our studies!

chloé robin

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 week 2 subject - The Restart Empty Re: Semester 2 week 2 subject - The Restart

Post by tiphaine pimond Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:36 pm

Today, I talk about the APSA re-start and a little bit about Dora.
It’s a good subject for today because we were supposed re-start this morning with climbing…
However, I think that it's essential for us in STAPS as we need practice physical activities at the university. I hope that it will stay like that or will evolve for the better in future.
We need too, for social relation with the class and limit distantial work where we stay at home in front of computer, it's very boring.
About Dora the explorer, I think she is schizophrenic because except she, no one is talking with a monkey, with a fox, with a backpack and a map. But it’s a good way to remember a few words in English when we were small. Maybe explain why Théo interested to…

tiphaine pimond

Admin and Poitou Baptiste like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurine Avinio Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:46 pm

hello! Cool
Frankly I don't know what to talk about. For the re-start of APSA I believe that our opinion does not really count. No one really asks us for your opinion.
Of course we want SPORT to resume.
But the situation has not improved since March 2020 we have not had any sport and I find it really sad (September had a little sport but not much).
I have the impression that it is only this university that has not taken up sporting activity there because in Montpellier or Toulouse, Tours they have taken up sport well. And that's where I don't understand. Sad Sad Sad
To change the subject Cool , I also looked at Dora when I was little she learned to speak English! queen
As dora said when we have passed this period " we did it "

Laurine Avinio

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by léatramblé Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:22 pm

Hi!
Are we obliged to speak of only one subject in two? I don't think so ..
First of all, confinement and the virus are not trivial for anyone but with regard to universities and staps in general we have a big impression of being forgotten and is not just. We haven't played sports for a long time and it's still a big part of our studies. We have only practiced at the beginning of the year for 3 weeks which is very little. In some faculties, face-to-face lessons have resumed, as have practices and we are still waiting for instructions from the college to know if it's time or not. On social networks is evoked a very strict confinement from February 5 for at least 4 weeks which does not favor our recovery and our year in general. We are in difficulty with the internships that we can not do for some and we are penalized because of the virus except that it is not our fault.. We pray for a recovery as soon as possible and in the best possible conditions.
Then to talk about Dora, she's an intelligent girl who teaches children and even Théo the language of English and certain expressions. Razz Razz

léatramblé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo-Binchet Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:38 pm

Hello john,
I love dora, thank's for this subject. Indeed small I looked dora, because I found this animated drawing very interesting and with a goal, not like many others. Dora has allowed me since was a child to know a few words in English and I was proud of myself!! Very Happy

More seriously, this year is really complicated because I think that like lot of students we fell a quite abandoned..
Moreover, we are a STAPS and unfortunately we can't practice sport whereas I have a friend who is in Bordeaux en STAPS and who practices.. So, we don't understand the situation. Sad

Theo-Binchet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Swann Giraud Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:45 pm

I think it's necessary that all university opens, sure there is a virus, people die, and I'm concient that is very serious, but many solution exist.
We have masks, gel, and the posibility to make half group, keeping some CM in distancial to limit risks.
At the college this system works, why not us ? It's strange. I think that can work, but we don't have the chance to try this posibility, for now at least.
Finally, It's very important to re-start presencial because there is a real impact for our study, teachers make as best they can but our formation is necessarily impact, because when you are in STAPS, and you make natation in your bed, it's complicate to progress. I think this situation will impact us in the future in our job.

Swann Giraud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Renoux Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:19 pm

Hi, I will not speak about the APSA today because my words can be too hard if a people of the university see that...and because I want to continu my cursus in the University of Poitiers I will speak about "Dora Dora Dora the explorer !".
When I was a viril young kid, I loved Dora. I was waking up really early the morning to watch that on the tv and because I didn't know how can I start the television, I asked to my parent ! So at 6 pm I came to my parents room to see there and asked them to start the tele... I was a terrible son. And when the tele was starting I sang all the song of Dora because I would participate and I scream when Sheaper ( and don't know if it's the same name in English ) was on the screen. So with this experience of Dora and because I surely make a lot of problems to my parents, my children will never watch Dora because I want to sleep at the morning !

Antoine Renoux

Admin and Poitou Baptiste like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by felix merle Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:21 pm

Hello,
I'm tired of talking about Covid, logistics problems and resuming distance or face-to-face lessons,so today i will talk about something lighter...
Dora ,i'm a dora fan, i always have been, but i always preferred her colleague diego.
Indeed, just like me he was an animal fan!
More seriously I have always found that cartoons in general are an integral part of children's education, cartoons often have an interesting moral, and that's great!

felix merle

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain0 Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:01 pm

Hello, so I don’t like dora so I gonna to talk about the APSA re-start, I’m happy who APSA re-start but it is not what I prefere because. I want to return in all class because I need to go to Angouleme just for one hour each week and It’s bad and I don’t like this choice I want to see friends and live my life of student. The distantial at home it's very boring. My hope is in France the vaccin is used fast and we can become like 2019. For me is very complicated to learn in distancial and I think I’m not alone. So my hope is french government move is ass and we can study normaly.

Romain0

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle Arrivé Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:06 pm

So this week I will tell you about the two subjects.
First of all, on the subject of theAPSA re-start, I think the university has taken far too long to ensure that we can continue the sport. Indeed, we could have re-start in November, and even if the management has its reasons, leaving us without sports (the basis of our studies) and especially without social ties for so long was not very fair on their part. In any case, I’m glad that we can do some sports even if it’s only in half groups and not every week, and I hope that it will last. Then, speaking of Dora the Explorer, I loved that cartoon when I was a kid. I watched it all the time (too much for my parents). Today I wonder how I could have loved, it’s pretty stupid!

Estelle Arrivé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Poitou Baptiste Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:42 pm

Hello
i want to talk about the movie Dora and the Lost City of Gold, this movie is released in 2019 and staring eva longoria as the dora's mother. Before i start you have to that i LOVE bad movie; by bad i mean very bad.
So this movie was a real purge . the movie talk about dora who go in high school (wtf) but her parents are in danger, so she have to return in the jungle with diego and babouche to save them and we follow their advetur.
i do not recomand this movie that was prabably among the longest 1h40 of my life.

Poitou Baptiste

Birthday : 2000-06-30

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Gendreau Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:57 pm

Hello John,
The APSA re-start is the most interessant topic in my opinion because he has a bigger impact on our lives than Dora. This story to return to sport has two point of view for me.
The first about the disease of Covid 19, why for tree months, we don’t practice sport whereas the school could and now it would be the opposite.
The second thing is about us, the student, we are excited to return to sport and we want do it as soon as possible.
I think at final in 2 weeks we will be in Lockdown 3 and that the question isn’t central today.

Jules Gendreau

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien Sabourin Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:49 pm

Hello, today i talk about Dora the explorer. When I'm little before going to school i watch Dora on TV every morning. My favourite character was Babouche, a very stupid and naive monkey. Chippeur the fox every episode steal. So we had to get up and shout with Dora and Babouche 3 times "Chippeur stop to steal". The goal in an episode of Dora was to rejoin a place through a road composed of 3 obstacles. Sometimes Dora and Babouche practiced "Cheat", indeed, theses cheaters exploited their Mexican friend Tico and his taxi (again thanks for the captitalism), (the squirrel never received any money for travel expenses). In the end, Dora and Babouche were enjoying while i was on my way to school.

Adrien Sabourin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KylianMalavergne Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:48 pm

Hello,

So I decided to talk about Dora the Explorer. What a great choice from Theo! Dora the Explorer is a cartoon that I watched a lot on TV when I was a kid! At one time I knew the credits by heart and I think I still do. Dora, Babouche and Chiper were my 3 favourite cartoon characters... But hey, Chiper wasn't very smart... It must be said that Dora was super smart at the same time!!!!
I used to watch Dora every morning before going to sleep when my mother was getting ready to take me to school... what a time!!

KylianMalavergne

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Alter Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:35 pm

Hello John, today I'm going to introduce you to Dora the Explorer.

Dora the Explorer is an American animated television series created by Valerie Walsh, Eric Weiner and Chris Gifford and aired between August 14, 2000 and August 9, 2019 on Nickelodeon in the United States.

In France, the series has been broadcast since August 3, 2001 on TF1, and in Quebec since September 27, 2003 on Télé-Québec.

This cartoon features a young brown girl exploring new lands, yet her journey is often interrupted by shipper!

The series is aimed at very young audiences, making them learn English, French or Spanish while having fun and making them laugh. In the original American version, the series teaches Spanish as a foreign language.

Louis Alter

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Tributsch Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:47 pm

Hello everyone,
I will take subject the APSA re-start because i didn't watch dora the explorer but i believe my cousin look at Dora explorer and it’s good. Ok so start of APSA is so bad because is very long to start up and is not organised. However i'am in hurry of reprise because is so long sometimes to wait front of my PC. I want to do sport with APSA to get moving and take over a rythme of school. I think it’s just question of time with Covid and for reprise.

Vincent Tributsch

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe GALEA Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:40 pm

Hey John,
I have choose the first subject so I will talk about the restart of APSA.

Firstly, John I have a question for you : What do you think of our youth ?
Do you agree with the fact that we pass all our days behind screens, without see our friends, and practice sport at school. We are at STAPS. So we need to have contact, to practice, to discover the professional world in real life.
For me, the restart of some APSA is a really good new. I couldn't stay locked up anymore.
But I find that it still too little...If the children can go to school, why we couldn't resume face-to-face at La couronne everyday ? We really need to restart totally.
(Besides, some of students will mobilize next Tuesday afternoon to prove that they could respect the covid19 sanitary rules and restart, I will be there, come with us !)

Zoe GALEA

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:08 am

Zoe GALEA wrote:Hey John,
I have choose the first subject so I will talk about the restart of APSA.

Firstly, John I have a question for you : What do you think of our youth ?
Do you agree with the fact that we pass all our days behind screens, without see our friends, and practice sport at school. We are at STAPS. So we need to have contact, to practice, to discover the professional world in real life.
For me, the restart of some APSA is a really good new. I couldn't stay locked up anymore.
But I find that it still too little...If the children can go to school, why we couldn't resume face-to-face at La couronne everyday ? We really need to restart totally.
(Besides, some of students will mobilize next Tuesday afternoon to prove that they could respect the covid19 sanitary rules and restart, I will be there, come with us !)

To answer your question Zoe I spent a lot more time outside as a child and obviously learned to "amuse myself" more creating my own games BUT I wish I'd lived in the PS5 era Very Happy

I understand your wish to be at university but I also understand that is NOT really to learn Rolling Eyes , I've spent 30 years teaching and the amount of time students sit in class and don't learn is amazing. You want to be back at university for the social contact with your peers and the partying.

Children can go to school because they are guided by their parents , after school they return home. Sadly most people your age believe you are immortal and you WILL meet up together without taking precautions and you'll get tired of wearing masks and some of you will catch COVID and some of you will give it to other people. You will all be fine but it's possible that your actions will be part of a chain of events that infect and kill an old person. It won't be your fault but until we have a vaccination in place COVID is a serial killer.

Lifestyles change for many reasons and your year is being changed because of the COVID epidemic. If you'd have lived 100 years ago you wouldn't have been getting COVID but you wouldn't have been at university either. In fact the boys would have been dying in the first world war and the girls would have been working hard in the fields etc... Which era would you prefer?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Thibaud Denis Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:05 pm

hello john
even if I love dora the explorer and it’s all my youth I decide to talk about the first choice the APSA re-start.
You know the re start of APSA is start to the last week.
It 's importante especially in STAPS because is studing with sport.
In containment I run every 2 days 5 kilometers and other days of reinforcement so I’m in my best shape this school year.
So i'm happy for review my friends but for me it's no the priority to re start APSA with the covid.
there are more important topics but it's just my vision.

Thibaud Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by melissagherras Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:17 pm

Good morning John,
I'll start by saying that I love Dora, it was my favorite cartoon when I was little, I always watched an episode before going to school.
Now let's talk about something more serious.
The APSA re-start is very important for us you know it well, the confinement, distance lessons.. students drop out more and more ...
It will soon be one year that we are in a sports university and we do no sport, it's really sad ..
I hope that everything will get better quickly!

melissagherras

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur MARCHAU Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:33 pm

Hey John, I will talk about the Apsa re-start. Firstly I'm very to return at the university because after a long time in front of my computer it's good to make sport. I think that the university do it for us but the problem is the gouvernement and this decision because nothing is coherent. That the reason why we want to be heard.

Arthur MARCHAU

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Perdriaud Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:37 am

Hello, I thing dora the explorer is the best cartoon when I have 6 years. There is a courageous young girl who discover the world and develop this head and to help the young person for talk and learn a new word. So I good for the children.
But the Apsa restart is a very GOOD new for etudiants. Despite the reprise will be hard and compliqued. This will permet to etudiants to  go out this house and take fresh air. And especially go out the depression

Hugo Perdriaud

Back to top Go down

Post by marine.soumagne Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:32 pm

I will talk about Dora.
Dora is a 7 year old girl who lives in a computer and loves to travel. Bilingual, she speaks most of the time in French and punctuates her stories with English words, which is a good combo because it allows children to learn English without realizing it and while watching a cartoon. I watched a lot of DOra when I was little, I even named one of my cats "babouche", like the little monkey, Dora's sidekick cat

marine.soumagne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down