UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second Semester 2nd week subject

+16
Pierre-Louis
Julie TORRIANI
jartins
logan
Tifenn G.
maeva bigeau
Laura
Melvin Fleuret
Coline Thouvenin
Jordan Rak
Ugo B
JulesV3
lguilb04
dmarti
Aurélie
Admin
20 posters

Go down

Second Semester 2nd week subject Empty Second Semester 2nd week subject

Post by Admin Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:03 am

This week's subject is a discussion on online trading sites like Vinted, Leboncoin and Ebay.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Second Semester 2nd week subject Empty Re: Second Semester 2nd week subject

Post by Aurélie Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:51 am

Hi John,
This week the subject is sites like Vinted, Leboncoin and Ebay.
First of all, I have never bought anything from one of these sites. I do not go often to these sites.
But this type of site is remarkably interesting. The concept of selling anything (clothing, shoes, furniture, …) what we no longer use is a good thing. We can sell anything instead of keeping it or throw away it when we no longer need it.
Even if I do not use it, I am for the concept. One of my friends sold a clothe to me on her vinted. But me I am not ready to use this concept because there are still a lot of scams, and the problem of scams has not been solved.

Aurélie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarti Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:10 pm

I think the sale of second-hand products have shot up nowadays. Indeed, many people used online trading sites like Melvin who employs Vinted and who asks me to print his delivery slips (he said that he would pass me a pomelo in exchange, good friend..).
My parents used also Vinted and they make me laugh because on this application, clothes are really cheap and yet, they negotiate all the time with people to reduce the price.
But, in a general way, these kinds of sites are really a good idea because they allows people to have a clear-out and to not throw away a lot of things.

dmarti

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Second Semester 2nd week subject Empty Online trading sites

Post by lguilb04 Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:01 pm

I find this subject very interesting because the resale market is current. Indeed, it is a way to resell things (clothes, objects, …) to avoid throwing them away. It’s about being a little more vigilant about recycling, which is an important issue in our society today. In fact, I watched a report on this type of site because some people make a living from buying and selling. I also use these sites, for example, I bought my car on the « boncoin » or I sold my father’s lawn mower on this site… Laughing I also sell stuff on « vinted » but I never bought it. Some people manage to make a good deal, but this is what I blame a little on this site because when I put a garment on at an already very low price compared to the basic price people always want to negotiate less... It’s like a garage sale…!!!

lguilb04

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV3 Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:49 pm

So this week topic is about trading site, I'm not really inspired by this topic, it's an interesting subject, but I don't have a lot to say about it. I usually don't use this kind of site because it's usually used item that are sold there, and because I personally buy tech things I don't go regularly on them, because they're usually used I don't buy them because buying used tech things isn't really safe, if they break fast it would be useless, and with used stuff there isn't guarantee so we can't get our money back, or even a new item. But except for these tech items these kind of site are really helpful and it can help guys who are selling things and aren't some huge society.

JulesV3

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:11 pm

For me, this type of websites is really usefull. I read a lot of mangas and for some of them, we can't find them anymore in library or commerce, but we can on Ebay for example. Moreover, they are in good condition for less money than library/commerce (for example, a typical price for one manga is 7 euros, but on ebay, we can find them for 4/5 euros, sometimes even less.). My favorite website trading is Rakuten ( Priceminister before), I bought a lot of mangas, video games... on it, and I have never had a problem. We can also sell things that we don't use anymore, usefull for me, that allow me to buy other things in exchange.

Last edited by Ugo B on Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ugo B

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Rak Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:36 pm

This topic is pretty cool, I think these sites are great for two main reasons. First of all they make it possible to buy objects, second-hand clothes which are less expensive than new and therefore it allows everyone, even at least well-off, to have access to things they could not have been able to. And then it helps to recycle and avoid pollution, waste, giving them a new life, which avoids buying more new things and throwing away old ones.

Jordan Rak

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coline Thouvenin Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:16 am

This week we are going to speak about the trading sites like Vinted, Leboncoin and Ebay.
I never really use Ebay or Leboncoin. My family is very adept at Vinted. I think that this trading sites could be a very good idea because they allow to give a second life to our clothes or our toys. It's just another way to recycle and pay attention to the environment. However, you have to be careful when making certain transactions. Indeed, not all people who use these kinds of websites have good intentions...

Coline Thouvenin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Melvin Fleuret Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:19 pm

Oh! This week's subject is really interesting, don't know who had proposed that.

I never use Ebay, but my father do. The thing I don't like the system of auction ( that's not for all the articles ).
But I use Vinted! Before, I was not interesting because I thought that as only for clothes. But not! You can find really lots of things on this application. Personnly, I only buy manga on. In supermarket, one manga is generally near to 7euros. But on Vintend ( depending of people of course ) you can find them for only 2 or 3 euros. That's why I have go to the LeBoncoin, because it seems that there are lots of batch with little price on.

Melvin Fleuret

Birthday : 2001-07-05

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:28 pm

I find Vinted and Leboncoin is a good concept. I don’t know what is Ebay, when I can’t talk about this. I say just is dangerous for the payment.
Vinted is an application for the sale of garment, shoes, bags and beauty cheaper because they are occasion or that they were bought new but the size is not suitable. They are generaly sold in low price and this is very interessant for the students for example. Leboncoin is a web in the same principle like Vinted but this time with a lot more things on sale (like the cars, furnitures or enven houselhold appliances). I also saw that it was very pratical because doing step without step is not pratical. So, in order not to pay a full step, I lookes on Leboncoin to see what was there and I was able to buy a step at a lower cost. Leboncoin also allows you to get to know people ans sometimes even to make great meetings.

Laura

Back to top Go down

Post by maeva bigeau Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:22 pm

I think vinted and Leboncoin it a very interesant because they are a goog site and excellent idea. On the other and Ebay, is not very relaible for my because I scared for the payment because is not very secured .
Vinted is an application that I use because I found the article very interessant and the price much lower than in store because these are sometiles second-hand items or sometimes even new items that do not fit the person. So I used this app for sale garment , shoes, riding clothes but I also use Vinted to buy stuff from other people who sell clothes, shoes, ridng clothes or bags.
And Leboncoin is a site web very interssant for the used items , a car , a big articles for home.

maeva bigeau

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifenn G. Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:09 am

Hello sir, I'm not very inspired by this subject but I think that this kind of sites are a very good invention. And that for 2 reasons : Firstly I think it's very good for our beauty little (it's relative) blue planet that we must protect of the pollution and the consumer society so with the sites of resale it allow to give a second life to the objects and limited the waste. Secondly, it's a good way to buy objects or clothes very not expensive and sometimes quasi-new, so allow to people who wants lot of clothes or very expensive objects to get it without to be ruined. However, it necessarly to have to lot of vigilance of this type of site because it demands to accord much trust to the others and there is often swindle because the life is unfortunatelty not a bisounours world.

Tifenn G.

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by logan Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:13 am

So personally I know these sites as by name, I've never been on it. For me, the sites where you can sell and buy on the internet is interesting because people can post their object or clothing for sale and anyone can come across this object and want to buy it. Since you can indicate where you are selling it, you may be interested in people who live in the same city. I have a friend who is on vinted and who sells a lot of clothes to her, new or very little use and she makes a good bundle of money. So I think that online sales sites have a positive side because it allows to resell business that we need more but from time to time for example the requested item is not really the one hoped for.

logan

Back to top Go down

Post by jartins Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:14 pm

Hello, I'm going to speak about Wish. Before chrismas I ordered clothe on Wish. On wish it was writing that the clothes had to arrive in one week but they arrived in 3 month. It's true that clothes were not very expensive. Indeed 3 euro the jacket and 5 euro the pants. It is the last order for me. I prefer the website like LeBonCoin because we can see the sellers and what is sold.

jartins

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie TORRIANI Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:35 pm

Hi !!!!
I find it really great that there are sites to sell second-hand clothes or other things… We are in a world where there is a real overconsumption and the fact of recycling our clothes or other things once we don't use more is great. In particular Vinted, we find clothes from the latest collections but 10 times cheaper! It's great and it saves our little planet ...

Julie TORRIANI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre-Louis Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:03 pm

I never used this kind of sites, but I know that they allow to buy things at a reduced price. My fear of using this kind of site is to not receive what i paid for because the sellers are unofficial and i'm scared about scams. Moreover, the stuff always look good in photo but in reality it can be in bad quality because those sites sell things who have been already used. I prefer to order things on Amazon with official sellers, even if I probably pay a bit more I'm quite sure that I'll receive what i paid for in good condition.

Pierre-Louis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charloote NIORT Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:40 pm

Online trading sites are currents concepts. At a time when ecology, the fight against consumer society are defended by many people, these platforms seem to be a speeking project. In fact, nine and a half million clothes are discarded every year while they are still in good condition, and there is no law requiring them to be recycled. So why not resell our clothes? or buy cheaper ones?
This not only makes money but also makes an ecological act

Charloote NIORT

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëtan Morin Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:16 pm

I find the sites to resell your business that you no longer want to be a great idea and luckily they exist. Personally I use vinted and leboncoin but not eBay. Although there are a lot of scams with this kind of site there are plenty of good deals. What I find unfortunate is that these sites offer the possibility for people who sell counterfeit products to make money. Sites should deal with these kinds of people and ban them. Vinted is well thought out and the security for users is better than Leboncoin. I also really like Facebook to sell things because you can get to know and talk better with the people to whom you sell things.

Gaëtan Morin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by loreena martin Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:49 pm

I just saw that I forgot to publish my message, so here is my point of view regarding vinted (in particular) because I love this sales platform!
First, it is a good thing for ecology, (recycle old clothes that are no longer worn) to not do what we call "fast-fashion", this makes it possible not to throw them away and to give them a second life. But it is also good in terms of the economy, for those who sell who make a little money but also for those who buy because it is much cheaper than a product bought in a store and sometimes it is also new but sold for much less. Personally I buy very often on vinted, I am that it is better for the planet but also for the wallet of each one!

loreena martin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by octave blosse Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:07 am

Le bon coin or even vinted are sites that are very interesting for the purchase and resale business. But still there are frauds on it with people who steal money from the most vulnerable people.

octave blosse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum