UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Last topic.

+12
Antoine Renoux
chloé robin
Estelle Arrivé
Laurine Avinio
melissagherras
Vincent Tributsch
Jules Gendreau
Thibaud Denis
Adrien Sabourin
Swann Giraud
léatramblé
Admin
16 posters

Go down

Semester 2 Last topic. Empty Semester 2 Last topic.

Post by Admin Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:42 am

I had two suggestions this week but one would only have embarrassed me so the topic is "STAPS Angouleme" the experience. Share your final thoughts. My best wishes for you in L3 and for your futures after that. Work hard, Take Care, Enjoy life and be nice to others.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Last topic. Empty Re: Semester 2 Last topic.

Post by léatramblé Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:52 pm

Hi John! First of all, the experience of STAPS in general is an extraordinary experience, and that's what I feel. We leave high school, we leave "our friends", we leave our family for those who are not from here and it is an important change. But when I arrived last year in first year I came across a class of madness. I was able to make incredible new meetings at the level of the students and also at the level of the professors and the personnel of the administration. I would give anything to come back last year far from this pandemic which upset a lot of things for everyone and for the students.
Our second year was not missed but she does not really know how it should have gone. We had a new confinement, no more face-to-face classes, it was difficult for us to follow the classes and many gave up. It was difficult to create with this year's class the same understanding and the same class atmosphere as last year since we did not see each other at the university and neither between us because of the lockdown. Despite that I think we can count on the people of our TD, we get along well and we all stay motivated for each other.
A big part of my class last year got involved in the student office, it's a rewarding experience but unfortunately with covid-19 the conditions are different and the rules are strict. We still managed to organize great things and I hope the presidents (Antoine Renoux and Zoé Galea) are proud of them. <3
Have a good week and good luck John, hoping no longer dealing with you;) Smile

léatramblé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Swann Giraud Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:01 pm

For this last topic, we talk about our experience in Staps Angouleme.
For me, it was a very good experience between last year and this year. I left the family's house, my friends, and I discover faculty, but I meet new people and I became autonomous, it was a new way of life but it was very exciting and I have no regret to come at angouleme to study. There is a very good athmosphere to work, I learned and I have discover a lot of new things, without covid and lockdown it could have been even better, so that's too bad because all people said me that faculty are the best years, and we couldn't do everything.
Finally, The only negative point of angouleme, it's there is less students than in Poitiers, Bordeaux, there is less activity.
But, if I have my second semester, I will have a lot of good memories about this two years in Staps at Angouleme.

Swann Giraud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien Sabourin Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:46 pm

Hello John. This 3 years experience for me is exceptional and very formative. When I went in I was expecting all the scientific workload that was waiting for me but not the workload of all the animation in L2. In the end, I find that management is left out of the equation a lot, we have completely different training objectives than the other 3 faculty. But we have too much common core with subjects that do not interest us at all and that will not serve us in priority. Business and management schools are way ahead of us in terms of training, skills and education. We have a little bit of management in S3 and S4, but I find it quite insufficient. Apart from that, Angouleme has a very good, but very difficult formation.
I also wanted to thank you, even though I was very bad in English in L1 (always now) you never let students in their corner and always tried to involve them. That's what I like about your skills. Thank you very much for these 3 years (I hope I get my L2 otherwise I'll have to say that again next year).

Adrien Sabourin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thibaud Denis Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:35 pm

hello john it's a great idea for the last topic.
In a first time I would talk about my L1 it was the best years of study of my life. My first years in a apartment. I took of my house. The friends, the party, the concept of university.
I liked everything is this years and I think it's can be engraved in my memories for the rest of my life Laughing
My L2 was a lot of diffrents to my L1. The covid was in part of this. This years was my worst years of study of my life, the sanitary confinement is so bad for social contact.
little aside I was agree with had a tecaher like you for english and I think you should have progressed me and for this I'm grateful.

Thibaud Denis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Gendreau Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:40 pm

Nooooo, we are very close of the end of an area. An area where I was able to pass on my passion number one at the foreground of my life. Since I was young, I have always wanted and known that my futur would be built with the sport in the central position. The university too, this space of liberty where we meet people with same hobbies and passion. But it’s too the departure of Angoulême, this incredible city that I have always known but that I have rediscovered these last 2 years. I know now every side of this place, fast food, foot park, bowling, playground… I will never forget this period of my life, and I leave with memories in my head.

Jules Gendreau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Tributsch Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:47 pm

Hello John,
I spent a verygood moment in STAPS Angoulême, it's true i didn't think the cours like this especially in L1. You arrive all at once without parents with few classes and all friends, it's very hard to concentrate in your studies. But with an objectif it's large possible. I think is good experience even if we don't make it. You acquire very most experience of FAC and i learning in two years more that ten years in college and lycée. But, experience was ruined by COVID, i hope next year in Poitiers will be better. Two years experience in STAPS angouleme allowed me to see my faults and not to stay on my good still. I prefer my L2 because is very most interresting with the courses of management and less sciences. I advise to the fan of the sport world and not only of the sport itself to do staps, and working because same if you are genius it's difficult.

Vincent Tributsch

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by melissagherras Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:40 pm

Good morning, John,

This subject is completely to my taste. I have been in STAPS for three years now. So far it's the best experience I've had, the friends, the general atmosphere, the support between students, etc.
I have been involved in the BDE (student office) for two years now because for me it is important to feel good in a university, especially when you don't know anyone, to feel useful with people who ask us questions.
Despite the COVID, we were able to make a few events to show that we supported all the students.
If I had to do it again, I would do it again in the same way and without hesitation!

Thank you John for making us progress, for making us laugh, we love teachers like you, don't change!

See you soon, and take care of yourself!

melissagherras

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurine Avinio Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:27 am

hi John!

I do not know what to say. Staps was a dream for me, I never thought I would one day return to sports college, the sport that has been my passion since childhood. I am happy to have been able to benefit from this experience in angouleme. there were only extraordinary students and very nice teachers. I'm afraid of next year it will be our last year in staps and Poitiers. Everything will be different.Thanks to staps, I finally enrolled in an athletics club, even if I have been running since I was 8/9 years old (it's a passion) being able to be part of an athletics club is great. I became an "academic cross country" champion at the Poitiers academy, I am really happy.
Without Staps none of this would have happened.
Thanks John for everithink, and see you soon
Cool Semester 2 Last topic. 1f60b

Laurine Avinio

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle Arrivé Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:31 am

I have been living in Angoulême since I was three years old. So I already knew the city and the surroundings of the college, so I wasn’t confused when I started college two years ago. I think the college is very beautiful, we operate in a beautiful environment, there are not many students, it is a college on a human scale. What’s a little restrictive is all the round trips you have to do between each sports venue, especially in the first year. There is also a big communication problem, accentuated by the fact that some things have to go through Poitiers. Those two years in Angoulême could have been perfect if the Covid hadn’t ruined everything. But anyway, I do not regret my two years here and I look forward to being able to go to Poitiers next year.
We’ll miss you, John!

Estelle Arrivé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chloé robin Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:23 am

What about STAPS Angoulême?
First, I’m little sad to leave here. Next years I had to go to Poitiers and at the moment I’m not very happy…
When I decided to come in Angoulême two years ago, I didn’t think I would get so attached to this place. I like change and I convince myself every day that I will also enjoy myself there, but it’s still hard.
I had two wonderful years here even if it will be complicate with the health situation. My first year was wonderful. Even if it’s my first year I was far from home, with very different classes, I was surrounded by extraordinary people!
This year, the second was more different due to the covid. It’s not yet completely finished but I find it a shame that we haven’t been able to create more social links with people in my class. My most faithful friends are in ES and will stay here next year… so I’m little afraid to find myself alone.
In terms of university courses the first think that come to my mind is cohesion, it’s a small college where everyone knows each other.
I validated my L1 and I started well for the L2 but I experienced a lot stress during this two years. There is a lack of communication from some teachers and also a lack of consideration, especially in L1.
But no worries, in terms of the English lessons everything was absolutely perfect!!! Wink
Good luck for you John and thank you for these two years !!

chloé robin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Renoux Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:58 am

Hi John ! It's with sadness that I wright my last words on this platform and I want to thank you first because during two years I really love to go in English class because it was very cool to go in class with you and I learn a lot because speak with an English person is the best way to improve our self in English. I love my 2 years even if with covid it was too short and we lost months of our student life but I enjoy it too. I was scared by my first year because I was in medicine and I come in STAPS without know any person and I met very cool people and I'm proud about that. I can just keep good memories of this 2 years because I think STAPS are the best studies possible with all the cohesion that we can find in this filler and it was a plaisir. I'm just disappointed because in the first semester of the L2 we can't went to the golf to do a 18 holes due to the covid but it was nothing compare all the great moments I passed in Angouleme ( even if the town is not very attractive ). Thanks a lot for everything and I hope that I can see you one day on a beach of Royan even if you think that Soulac is better Wink

Antoine Renoux

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by felix merle Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:54 am

Hello John, I think it's probably the last topic of our scolarity in UpEnglish...that's sad..
We have to talk about STAPS Angoulême, how begin?
We started last year with incredible moments, like the Raid, the night parties, good moments in sports...
I met a lot of people, genious people, the type of people wich have the same way of thinking as me,
in fact in college that was not the same..
Except that, i learned a lot of thing about life, sport, friendship, my 2 years here was a very good experience !
I have no regret, i'm one of the people thinking good about the lockdown, i take care of me, my family and i live very close to the nature.
I live in Angoulême since 2010 so i already know this city, i hope i will change city next year to discover new landscapes!
To finish i want to say thank you John to taking time to learn us your subject with your smile and your great mood !
Goodbye! Very Happy

felix merle

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Poitou Baptiste Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:50 am

Hi
I think staps Angouleme is a good place to be for learn ad to meet people. the environment is very good and, the quality of the teaching is sometimes very good, we have 2or 3 teachers who are crack in their specialty. the fac that we are not a lot is a big point for Angouleme because we can have another way to discuss with teacher as Poitier where there are a lot more as us.
but Angouleme city is the big negative point because this is a very calm and quit city, and as student it can be sometimes very frustrating.

Last edited by Poitou Baptiste on Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Poitou Baptiste

Birthday : 2000-06-30

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo-Binchet Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:03 pm

Hello John,
To recap my first two years of university I am torn between sadness, regret at not having been able to enjoy life as much as I would have liked during those two years, but also happy to be able to move forward in my academic career.

I really wanted to thank you because I think that everyone will agree with me, you are one of the teachers or the only teacher who tried to help us during these difficult moments, and I say 1000 thanks for all that.

Take care John, see you soon!

Theo-Binchet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Alter Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:36 pm

Goodbye Jonh, I love you

Hi Jonh, I really enjoyed these two years with you, I got to know you and I really like you as a teacher. I was able to deepen my knowledge thanks to the work I was able to do (oral expression, written expression, oral and written comprehension).
If I get my year I will have to go to Poitiers in L3 and I will miss you.
I hope to become a professional handball player and give you money every month to ensure your retirement.
Big kiss John, see you later for a beer. <3

Louis Alter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum