UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

week 3 Sport's injuries

+17
marine
Bastien Morin
clarisse lopez
Khaled HAMMOUTEN
Alfred
Thomas HERONNEAU
Romain HUMBERT
Yael Duquene
Admin
Alexia Barraud
mateo philippon
Pierre JEUDI
alizé
DUMAS Alexis
Johan Milliot
Mathieu
BENJAMINAUBRY
21 posters

Go down

week 3 Sport's injuries Empty week 3 Sport's injuries

Post by Admin Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:17 pm

personal stories are always interesting but you can write about anything concerning sport's injuries.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

week 3 Sport's injuries Empty Re: week 3 Sport's injuries

Post by BENJAMINAUBRY Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:11 pm

One Sunday last year I was playing basketball with a friend and you must know that I never injured myself since I was born. And this day, I jumped to get the ball in the rim and when I go back to the floor, my ankles just go I don’t know where 😂 that my only injury

BENJAMINAUBRY

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathieu Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:05 pm

In August 2010 I was playing in my garden with a friend, we were shooting, when during a shooting trying to stop it without gloves, my wrist returned. Result, fracture of the ulna and no more football in the summer...

Mathieu

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Milliot Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:09 am

The injuries? I admit that I don’t know them too well. I rarely hurt myself to the point of stopping, at least a sports distance. The only "injury", illness that I may have had, is Osgood schlitter’s disease, it is a disease of growth from the bones to the legs, more precisely to the knees. Normally a long dispence is mandatory to limit pain, aggravation of the disease. I continued the sport, I can also say that the doctor did not detect me too much this disease. But now I see the sequelae, sometimes a pain comes back, but above all, I have bumps just under the knees at the level of the kneecap, on both knees.

Johan Milliot

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DUMAS Alexis Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:44 am

Two years ago, in Rochefort, on a Wednesday afternoon, after school, I went skating with some friends. I wanted to try a new tricks, consisting of two steps. After several tries, I skipped a step of the tricks. I fell and got a metal bar in my head, my tooth got stuck in my lip and it wasn't a pretty sight. I then went to hospital. pale

DUMAS Alexis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alizé Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:57 pm

I often have sprains on the same ankle from football. Notably, one Sunday, two weeks ago, during a football game, I was tackled and my ankle twisted. I have a strain.

alizé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

week 3 Sport's injuries Empty Injury's sport

Post by Pierre JEUDI Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:57 am

Sport in general can be an injury accelerator when you are not well prepared. Some are more so than others like rugby which is a combat sport... 3 years ago I made the cruciate ligaments of the right knee. It took me 8 months to get back on the field but since then I've been preparing properly and have never had a new injury.

Pierre JEUDI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mateo philippon Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:38 pm

je me suis jamais vraiment blessé en faisant du sport je me suis just abime les ligaments anterieurs au ski mais sinon rien de grave

mateo philippon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:46 am

mateo philippon wrote:je me suis jamais vraiment blessé en faisant du sport je me suis just abime les ligaments anterieurs au ski mais sinon rien de grave

Mateo, if you write in French again I'll just delete your post and reduce your mark. Sad Mad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexia Barraud Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:27 am

Injuries in sport are the fear of all sportsmen and women I think. Who likes to be deprived of sport, to wait many days, even weeks and months for everything to heal or to regain full mobility. An injury is expensive between the care and the work that will have to be done afterwards. The fact of getting injured is in my opinion a factor that also reveals how you feel in your head and there is also a lot of bad luck. An injury can happen quickly, but in my opinion you must not think about it, you must be vigilant but not focus on it, otherwise you don't live, you don't play, you are afraid and it is often by being afraid that you manage to get injured. During a football duel, for example, the more we want to play, the less likely we are to get injured, because our impact will be greater, whereas if I am afraid I will be less contracted, less sheathed and therefore more likely to get injured.

Alexia Barraud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:48 am

Alexia Barraud wrote:Injuries in sport are the fear of all sportsmen and women I think. Who likes to be deprived of sport, to wait many days, even weeks and months for everything to heal or to regain full mobility. An injury is expensive between the care and the work that will have to be done afterwards. The fact of getting injured is in my opinion a factor that also reveals how you feel in your head and there is also a lot of bad luck. An injury can happen quickly, but in my opinion you must not think about it, you must be vigilant but not focus on it, otherwise you don't live, you don't play, you are afraid and it is often by being afraid that you manage to get injured. During a football duel, for example, the more we want to play, the less likely we are to get injured, because our impact will be greater, whereas if I am afraid I will be less contracted, less sheathed and therefore more likely to get injured.

Love this talk linking the mental side of sport with injuries.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Alexia Barraud likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Yael Duquene Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:54 pm

Injuries are inevitably part of sports. Unfortunately, this happens too many times in professional sport. With the worldwide exposure and enthusiasm about competitions such as the NBA in Basket-ball or huge football competitions like the World Cup or the Champion's League, professional players are more likely to be injured. Lately, and especially last year with the COVID-19, NBA forced basket-ball players to play every day or every two days, which is very risky for them, in term of recovery and health. In Football, the FIFA are thinking about accelerating the rhythm of the games (one game every three days), which is a total nonsense in my opinion because they wanted to put forward the spectacle before the player's health. The risks with these kind of thoughts are that we will see a boring game every three days because the best players will be injured and the common and random players will play instead.
To my mind, we have to keep one or two games a week to protect players and keep some entertainment to watch sports.

Yael Duquene

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain HUMBERT Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:36 pm

I never had a sport's injury. The only "big" injury I got was at the college, I was running in the school playground and I slipped on something, I can"t remember what is was.
I tried to recover me and cushion my fall but I fell on my wrist and I almost break it. I have been flattened for 2-3 weeks and that's all.

Romain HUMBERT

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas HERONNEAU Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:29 pm

My only big injury it's when I was young. During a morning in winter he have a snow on the road and i was in bike with a friends we have decided to make a run. But he have a snow so it was slipping on the road. I brake and my bike does not stop because of the snow and my wheel is on the sidewalk and I open my head. But my friend laughing but don't me.

Thomas HERONNEAU

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:43 pm

I never had a big injury but my only injury is at the ankle. It was in april, playing basketball with friends. Before jumping, my ankle turn around and I take support on my ankle. Today, I still feel pain after rugby's game or big training

Alfred

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled HAMMOUTEN Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:28 pm

I'm telling you about my own injury case and my fear of hurting myself in my sport. For my part, I have been practicing rugby for almost 10 years and it is a sport that is considered a fairly dangerous sport where injuries are more than frequent. I have this fear of hurting myself since I started playing rugby in each training session and in each match, on the one hand it is due to my parents and especially my mother who hates rugby and who has it even more scared that I hurt myself, and also to me who often thinks about my future and that if I hurt myself seriously my life will not be the same. But I also think that life is made like that and that we should not be afraid and especially afraid of hurting ourselves because it would be depriving ourselves of our pleasures and our life. Fortunately, I hardly ever get injured in my sport other than superficial injuries.

Khaled HAMMOUTEN

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by clarisse lopez Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:48 pm

A sports injuries, we are in the period !! I was injured last week in gymnastics, I sprained my ankles. This injury hurt me a lot, it also made me sad because I had a lot of deadlines. So I could not play the Coupe de France with my football team and I could not participate in the national firefighter cross which is very important for me.
I'm angry against me because I could have been more careful.

clarisse lopez

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bastien Morin Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:45 pm

It was when I was 13 years old, I had a lot of football training in college and in my club with a demanding coach because we were part of the 3 best teams in the Charente maritime. Outside at this age we are growing and many young people may have problems. What was my case, At the end of a training my coach took me aside because my performance was down and he could see that I was not in shape. So I told him everything and he stopped me for the rest of the season, I had medical exams and we realized that I had patellar and osgoud syndrome.

Bastien Morin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by marine Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:24 pm

My first injuries, I remember like itw as yesterday…
it was in the playground in "CM2". I played soccer with the boys and teachers.
The director jostled me and I turned my knee. Results sprain, knee pad, crutch and no sport for at least two weeks.
Moral of the story :
- never play with the director, you will always lose
- Soccer was really not for me
- but positive point, thanks to that I finally got on the passenger side of the car

marine

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by magat Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:25 pm

I never have a real dangerous injurie. But i often have littles thinks that i don't cured because i don't want to stop practice or because i think that will pasted and sometimes its diserve me. I already have an Achilles tendon elogation, and think like that. But i see in real life an funny injurie, probably not funny for the man who's happening to. We are at the college in sport and we practice handball a man want to go goalkeeper. And one of the handball player of the class shoot a missile directly in the testicles of the goalkeeper, it was not funny but you know some players always shoot in the goal, and just the goalkeeper sit up he directly receive a new missile in the face this time. And he fall like a tree trunk. We never saw him in the goal after this.

magat

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thibaut Brunet Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:45 pm

When I was 15 years old I had istmic lysis due to a lack of sleep while I had 2 hours of training every night. Because of this fracture I could not do the only international tournament that I could have done in my career as a high level athlete.

Thibaut Brunet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dupas Maxime Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:30 am

I have not often had a sports injury or at least I have always done with injuries to play. My last injury was not long ago, I am a goalkeeper in football is on a stop, I made a "tap" to send the ball over the football goal and falling back, I fell badly on the shoulder, I hurt myself.

Dupas Maxime

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

week 3 Sport's injuries Empty My sport injuries

Post by Nuhain Enzo Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:49 am

I never had serious injuries but I used to have little injuries in sport. I have already had ankle sprains many times in rugby. It was à big problem for me for maybe 3 years, when i was recovering from a sprained left ankle i hurt my right ankle and vice versa. Today I am ok because I went at the physiotherapist for à long time.
At the high school, I dislocated my finger while I played handball. More recently, I cut my hand while falling in the Charente while I was fishing. For me it's a sport injury because fishing is a sport and even more than à sport, it's a real passion.

Nuhain Enzo

Admin and mateo philippon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down