UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 6 Group 1 Main character

+13
Florian Kasprzak
Lucas
Chloé Fuselier
Martial.Avérous
Marie.David
Marina Boisedu
Sahar Chehabeddine
amandine.A
MaéA
cdelage11
Admin
julie
cloe.delmarle
17 posters

Go down

Week 6 Group 1 Main character Empty Week 6 Group 1 Main character

Post by amandine.A Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:53 am

If you were a main character from a serie/movie/animation, which one would you be ? And why?
amandine.A
amandine.A

Back to top Go down

Week 6 Group 1 Main character Empty Re: Week 6 Group 1 Main character

Post by cloe.delmarle Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:12 pm

I think that I would like to be Gandalf in the saga The Lords of the rings.
I really like this saga because i find the storyline really nice and there is a lot of suspense.
Then I love the character of Gandalf because he is a wizard, he has a lot of power. I find him impressive and stylish. He represents a wise figure who knows many things.
There is for example a really famous scene in the first episode of the saga where he saves his friends and say this famous sentance "you shall not pass".This one moment isn't my favorite. My favorite one is when Gandalf frees the King of Rohan from the fate he suffers. He enters this realm, the people are suspicious of him and disarm him. Gandalf asks to keep his wizard's staff "to help him hold on as he is old". In reality, it is thanks to this one that he can use his magic Smile

cloe.delmarle

Admin and Martial.Avérous like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:46 pm

cloe.delmarle wrote:I think that I would like to be Gandalf in the saga The Lords of the rings.
I really like this saga because i find the storyline really nice and there is a lot of suspense.
Then I love the character of Gandalf because he is a wizard, he has a lot of power. I find him impressive and stylish. He represents a wise figure who knows many things.
There is for example a really famous scene in the first episode of the saga where he saves his friends and say this famous sentance "you shall not pass".This one moment isn't my favorite. My favorite one is when Gandalf frees the King of Rohan from the fate he suffers. He enters this realm, the people are suspicious of him and disarm him. Gandalf asks to keep his wizard's staff "to help him hold on as he is old". In reality, it is thanks to this one that he can use his magic Smile

Great choice.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by julie Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:03 pm

I don't really have an idea but maybe if I was a main character from a movie I would be Tris in "Divergent".
First of all , I love this movie because the story is really original , it is a science-fiction movie. I love the character Tris because she is really brave, always trying to surpass herself and fighting against her fears. She is also very generous and humble , she always thinks about others before herself . In the movie , she has a wonderful relationship and connection with another character named Four.
She is always motivated, with a lot of determination and she never gives up in front of a difficulty.

julie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:59 am

Walking my dogs in the park this morning and thought about this thread. I'd quite like to be an Ent (from LOTR)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Martial.Avérous likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cdelage11 Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:49 pm

Recently, I went to see the latest James Bond movie, "Die Can Wait", the protagonist played by the British-American actor, Daniel Craig. Like the other films in the saga, I appreciated the role of the secret agent, surely the most famous in the world, who has created around his character a singular identity and universe I particularly enjoy. First of all, agent 007 embodies, because of his complex and unique profession, a man who is at the same time combative, courageous, determined, heroic and ingenious, almost unstoppable and unattainable. In addition to these different aspects of his profession as a secret agent, James Bond also symbolizes class, elegance and charisma, attractions reinforced by the luxurious costumes, cars (and gadgets) and locations we find throughout the films. For all of these facets and values that I salute, and which also coincide with my own personality, I wouldn’t mind being reincarnated as James Bond, this timeless MI6 icon.

Last edited by cdelage11 on Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

cdelage11

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:03 pm

cdelage11 wrote:Recently, I went to see the latest James Bond movie, "Die Can Wait", the protagonist played by the British-American actor, Daniel Craig. Like the other films in the saga, I appreciated the role of the secret agent, surely the most famous in the world, who has created around his character a singular identity and universe I particularly enjoy. First of all, agent 007 embodies, because of his complex and unique profession, a man who is at the same time combative, courageous, determined, heroic and ingenious, almost unstoppable and unattainable. In addition to these different aspects of his profession as a secret agent, James Bond also symbolizes class, elegance and charisma, attractions reinforced by the luxurious costumes, cars (and gadgets) and locations we find throughout the films. For all of these facets and values that I salute, and which also coincide with my own personality, I wouldn’t mind being reincarnated as James Bond, this timeless MI6 icon.

Looks like the next 007 is a woman. Maybe it IS you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaéA Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:23 pm

If I was a main character from a serie I am going be Monica Geller in Friends. It's true, you will tell me that I don't look like her, physically. Because she have a small nose and I have a  little bigger nose... in fact really little bigger. And she have blue eyes and I have brown eyes, etc.
But I think that am going be Monica Geller in Friends, if I was a main character from a serie. I think this, because her and me have similar behavior. She stress like me or I stress like her... I don't kwon, but I kwon that we stress for every thing and for nothing. She need to control about every thing. Me too ... I hate when I haven't control in much situations. I need keep an eye on every thing, for example on work. I need to oversee, etc, like her in this serie. And like her, I need to live in a clean environment. Therefore, I washing the place were I am, everywere were I go. Following, my friends say me "You are crazy Maé !", like in this serie. I don't tolerate the dirt. It's so yuck !
On top of that, in this serie there aren't one main character. I think there aren’t people more important than other. It's a group of friends and there aren't one more important than other. It's six mains characters. In my life, I think that there aren't people more important than other, I am not the main character of my life, but one of differents characters who make my life.
In Friends, Monica Geller, is a sister, a daugther, a friend, a co-worker, and just her. In my life, I consider that I am not a superhero or a exceptional woman. I am just a stress woman, who live in this world a little dirt.

MaéA

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amandine.A Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:21 pm

Since Wednesday I tried to think about which character I would like to be scratch ... I hesitated for a long time between Merida from "Brave" the Disney movie or Mufasa. At the end, I choose Merida, because she is so charismatic, even if she is a Disney princess in the movie she's not here to find the love of her life, she just wants to be free and lives her life. Unfortunately, she is a princess and have duties and will fight with her mother who is conservative. In the movie you can see that she just wanted to be independent, free and make her own choice and I really like this side of her. I think that I just want to feel free like her, the scene when she rides her horse in the forest with her arch, you can see she is happy, she is laughing and feel free. Merida is really brave too, she doesn't hesitate to fight to save her mother and fix her mistake. I think I would like to be Merida because it's been a long time since I felt free, no worries, just breathing, laughing and feel peace inside my head. It's adult life haha, we have responsibilities lol ... Sometimes I would also like to be brave like Merida, I am brave, but not enough I think. The fact that Disney chooses to create new princesses that would not search for their "princes" but those princesses will search to be independent and make their own choices, it's a good way to teach little kids yeah a prince it's cool but be yourself and independent is important too.
amandine.A
amandine.A

Admin and Marina Boisedu like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahar Chehabeddine Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:10 pm

I think I would choose to be the Mother of Dragons Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones (before she completely got mad and lost her mind at the end of the series) .
In fact this character really catches my attention because of her personality and at some point I have some of her personality traits. She's someone very calm, yet you wouldn't want to see her angry. She's a leader, strong, independent, and also very gentle, kind and generous. She overcame all the obstacles, she fought till the end for her goal, for "her right". I think I would do the same to achieve my goals. Even though sometimes it gets hard and I feel like I'm reaching rock bottom, I always find a way to get back up and continue.

Sahar Chehabeddine

Admin and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Boisedu Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:06 pm

If I were a main character, I think I would like to be Niklaus Mikaelson from the show The Originals, or Loki from the MCU. What I love about these characters is that they struggled, hard, to figure out who they were, their identity, not only as individuals but also through the consequences their parent's poor decisions or mistakes had on who they came to be, what place they held in said family and what they should think "Family" means. This struggle made them strongly willed and independent individuals who never backed up or gave up any battle or challenge life had thrown at them.
Like them, I want to own myself fully and no longer define my life by what is wrong, missing and lacking but by what I want and what I can make of it. They inspire me to keep fighting no matter what and to always be proud of how far I've come in life. That the good and the bad are all worth it. They may have shaped who I am today but I'm the one who decides how they fit into who I want to be.
Then, they built their strength in family and it's beautiful, admirable. As Elijah said in the Originals "I have come to believe that we are bound forever to whom we share blood. And while we may not choose our family, that bond can be our greatest strength, or our deepest regret." Family is complicated but I pity those who often take theirs for granted. I don't have much hope for mine, but it's fine. I've come to terms with it. Right now, I want to discover myself, live for myself and for the artistic universe I've created.

Marina Boisedu

Admin and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie.David Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:13 am

If I were the main character in a series, I would want to be the main character in the series The Telephone Girls. Her name is Lidia and the series is set in 1930s Spain. This woman is full of courage and conviction and doesn't let herself be taken advantage of at a time when a woman's role is limited to being behind the stove or looking after the children. She does not give in, goes to work and obtains an important role in the company.

Marie.David

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Martial.Avérous Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:01 pm

I think I would choose to be Ash in the Pokemon animated series. I was a big fan of Pokemon as a kid and I identified myself to him a lot back then. It’s a character who came from a little town with the ambitious goal to be the greatest Pokemon trainer. He works hard, practices and learns from his failures. He travels the world and makes friends along the way. It still sounds kind of cool to me. Moreover, he seems to be immortal because the show started twenty years ago and he’s still ten.

Martial.Avérous

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Fuselier Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:23 pm

I find the question rather complicated because the protagonists of my favourite films are not really characters you want to become, like Tyler Durden in Fight Club for example… Let’s just say I don’t really want to be this crazy Laughing . After a little thought I think I’d find it cool to be Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and The City. If I think this is mainly because I love her outfits, she has a great style and she dares a lot of looks, which I love. On top of that, she’s a working girl who works a lot, and that’s what I want to become later.

Chloé Fuselier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:36 pm

My favorite character is Wanda Maximoff as known as the Scarlett Witch. She is embodied by the great actress Elisabeth Olsen who plays in loads of Marvel movies, she has now even her own series called WandaVision.
This witch, who didn't even know she was one before her show, is the most powerful character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe or at least, that's what the director of Marvel declared and what I've been thinking since the first appearance of this character. To my mind, the Scarlett Witch is the most powerful character in all the cinematic universes I know.
I love her because of her powers, they say in her show that she has the most powerful magic ever, Chaos Magic, she is the harbinger of chaos and that she'd put an end to this world. I don't believe that though. I mean, yes she is the mightiest being in the entire universe but she means no bad even though she has lost everything. Her parents died before her eyes during war, her brother killed by aircraft bullets in a fight they were involved in to save the world, and her lover by the hand of Thanos because he had one of the six infinity stones on the middle of his forehead. I think, she just tries to be happy but Wanda is overwhelmed with sorrow and mourning and unintentionally hurts everyone in her way.

Lucas

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian Kasprzak Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:17 pm

If I was a fiction character, I think I’ll probably be Zed. I mean… not the crazy psychopath guy in pulp fiction, I’m not… that type of character no. I meant Zed in the animation movie Antz. Maybe it’s because it’s my favorite animation movie and because I watched it so many times when I was a 3 year old kid, but the hero of Antz has got so many common point with me.

First of all, Zed suffers of a big missing of self confidence and feel like « insignificant » just as me since my childhood. This point is making him feeling different of others ant of the colony. In the movie, Zed learn to think by himself and always searching by living like he want to do. Since he was born, his life is predestined to be a worker ant (the other kind is to be a soldier ant) and one day, he exchanges his work with a soldier friend just to see the princess he loves. In parallel, Zed’s trying to go to Insectopia, it’s a trash but for the insects, it’s a real utopia : no work, infinity food and peace. His wish and his action is perceived like a true revolution and inspired all the ants of the colony, and inspired me also.

I identified myself a lot in this little ant by the personality of the character (funny, self confidence missing, dreamer…) and the message of this movie is very inspirational for me : think by yourself. And if my life would be like Zed’s life, I’ll probably be at the point where I trying to go to my Insectopia, not the trash but just my way to live even if it doesn’t feat with the normality. And maybe one day I’ll found a princess and make a revolution; I don’t think so, because Antz is still an animation movie; but I’ll keep in my mind these lessons and I’ll still having hope of a better life as possible, thinking by myself. Wow deep…

Florian Kasprzak

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amandine. G Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:56 pm

If I were a main character from a serie, film or animation, I would like to be Sam, a character from Totally Spies. Sam is one of a group of three spies who have to carry out missions given to them by Jerry. I like this character because I find that she is mischievous, clever and inspiring. Sam is often the person who manages to find solutions when she is in a difficult situation, especially when she is trapped by the "bad guys" that she has to neutralise with her team. She is a person that I like and I was fascinated by her when I was a child. Furthermore, I have very good memories of this animation because I watched it with my sister. We both identified with the character. Finally, I love the fact that she is a female while doing "male" missions.

Amandine. G

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GrégoryB Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:59 pm

If I had to be a character in a fictional story I think I would choose the Doctor from Doctor Who. The Doctor is an alien who is basically a human with two hearts, who has a much longer life because he can regenerate, who has knowledge about a lot of things in the universe and who has a sonic screwdriver. So why the Doctor ? Well, because he is a "hero" who uses only his intelligence and his sonic screwdriver to solve any problem that comes his way, and all the while trying not to cause any casualties. He always tries to follow his values no matter what the situation, even if there are other simpler solutions that are less in line with his values. Secondly, he explores the universe and time, which allows him to go on adventures, to live and discover new things continuously.

GrégoryB

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Brancourt Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:56 pm

If I were the main character in a film I would love to be Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter saga. She's smart, cool, strong, brave, has a perfect command of any spell, which makes her one of the most powerful witches in the wizarding world. She helps Harry and Ron throughout the saga and she is indispensable in the fight against Voldemort. She is loyal and will do anything to help her friends, but she is also outspoken with a strong temperament and this is what makes her endearing.

Emma Brancourt

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LéaC Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:33 pm

If I could be a main character, I would like to be Arrietty of the film of Hayao Miyazaki. I really love the universe, the fact that everything is gigantic for her. She's an adventurer, she's not afraid of anything (except humans) and admires the beauty of the nature from her small size. I would be curious to see the world through her eyes. It could be very funny but just for few hours because after it's going to be too dangerous with all the insects (hate them), very difficult to find food and to have to hide from humans.

LéaC

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down