UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 6 Segregation in sport

+18
Louis0
William Michaud
Florent D
Kilian
Baurreau Jordan
Louis Parion
Alban
Clément H
Ellyn
océane lavoute
Charlotte Boucly
Darius Valente 1
charly caillault
luca.barranger
Antoine daudens
Nolhan Landreau
bryan bichot
Hugo C
22 posters

Go down

Week 6 Segregation in sport Empty Week 6 Segregation in sport

Post by Hugo C Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:04 pm

For me it's normal to say segregation in sport is inconceivable. There's lot of discrimination in sport but not only in sport, there's lot of discrimination in the world. But I think, now, mentalities change. More and more people is open-minded front of this subject. This is a good aspect for me. The melting-pot in sport is very important, we can learn by all population, all country, all way of life. That why segregation is, for me, totally stupid.

Hugo C

bryan bichot likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 6 Segregation in sport Empty Re: Week 6 Segregation in sport

Post by bryan bichot Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:27 am

i think to the segregation has no place in the sport, is just hinuman to considered someone like different by just his skin color or sexual orientation. Every body are free to doing what they want because the racims and discrimination can't be exist in this world. Today we have some mouvements and spokesperson to fight against that and all person consern by this freedom can give his support for the cause.

bryan bichot

bryan bichot and Hugo C like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 6 Segregation in sport Empty Nolhan Landreau

Post by Nolhan Landreau Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:57 pm

there is a lot of segregation in sport, racism is frequent unfortunately it is found in many sports and even in the stands for example in football.
There is less and less racism but it is still frequent in sport or despite the minutes of silence, demonstrations, protests from players ... This is not enough to completely remove this racism

Nolhan Landreau

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine daudens Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:48 pm

I think that racism in the world is on the right track, there is a lot more racism in relation to skin colour than there used to be plus the racists today are often the old people. I think that today inter-sport racism (within the same team) has almost disappeared however especially in Italian football racism comes very often from the stands with monkey noises... And this is something that is punished by the law, the clubs take sanctions, but it still happens.

Antoine daudens

Back to top Go down

Week 6 Segregation in sport Empty Segregation in sport

Post by luca.barranger Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:00 pm

Segregation has no place in sport and is unacceptable. In my opinion, sport must be practised by athletes who are all equal in terms of the rules, and there must be no discrimination. That is why it is important to punish all forms of discrimination, such as racism, which can be found in football.

luca.barranger

Back to top Go down

Post by charly caillault Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:16 pm

For me, sport is a space of well-being, of sharing and of surpassing oneself. Segregation and racism have no place in this activity, those who create it should be ashamed, we are all equal. Fortunately now this segregation happens only very rarely because mentalities have changed but above all because today the law punishes those who do racism.

charly caillault

Back to top Go down

Week 6 Segregation in sport Empty segregation in sport

Post by Darius Valente 1 Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:21 pm

For me ségrégation in sport is not normal. Make the difference between 2 athletes because their skins is inconceivable. Racism still exists today because of the difference in skin colour. For me the sport must be played by equal athletes without discrimination and who have equal terms of rules. Today there are some movements against that segregation.

Darius Valente 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Boucly Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:13 pm

Segregation in sport is a frequent occurrence.
People can be segregated because of their skin color (racial segregation) but also because of their religion or their sexual orientation.
I think the fact that this word is used, whether in sports or anywhere else, is wrong.
No one should be excluded, especially in sports, which should be something to unite people.

Charlotte Boucly

Back to top Go down

Post by océane lavoute Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:17 am

I think segregation has no place in sport. It is not normal to judge people fairly on the basis of their origin or color. People are more and more reasonable but they are still people who discriminate and this is not correct in today's world. Today we are trying to make this disappear with representations before the matches for example.

océane lavoute

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellyn Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:39 pm

We know that segregation exists everywhere in the world; even in sport. It is inconceivable that individuals should be segregated, but even less so in the world of sports, since this environment is supposed to promote the values of respect, friendship and equality. It doesn't matter what color you are, what sexual orientation you have, where you come from, no one should feel inferior. And I think that sport could "set an example" by stopping this to prove to the world that segregation is unnecessary and that everyone is equal.

Ellyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Clément H Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:46 pm

Segregation in sport is I find abnormal and should be punished, however this is still too often considered normal by some.
However the discrimination is not only between the athletes but also by the supporters towards the athletes who are often more numerous and can give a bad image of the sport.
Sport must unite and not divide.

Clément H

Back to top Go down

Post by Alban Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:08 pm

Segregation in sport should not even exist, I do not even understand that the subject is still relevant today. it is enough to look into sports news to realize that racism is far too present. Plus all this goes against the values of sport, I think actors should be punished more severely.

Alban

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Parion Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:21 pm

Unfortunately in society as in sport, segregation exists. This is something that doesn't make sense, because skin color (or any other despicable criteria) shouldn't matter in sport and in society in general. To fight against acts of intolerance, they should be punished systematically and severely, but we should also sensitize people from the youngest age, so that they do not reproduce these intolerable acts.

Louis Parion

Back to top Go down

Post by Baurreau Jordan Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:46 pm

Racial segregation has always existed in sport, but it is increasingly contested by athletes all over the world and by sports fans and lovers of sport. For me it is a pity that there is a fight in sport because the world of sport is made to accept each other better, in my opinion it is open to all without any denial of judgement or harassment, but it is necessary to believe that many people think the opposite with racism in sport. For me it is unacceptable to see or hear that and I would like it to stop as soon as possible.

Baurreau Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilian Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:32 pm

Segregation in sport exist since long days.
Ther are two category principal in sport:
Social segregation, it's when someone can't to practice a sport because he have not money, or it's when someone is insultated because he practice a sport considerated like a popular sport, some cliches arround boxe or football (popular sport) and tennis, golf or nautic sport (consirated like rich sport).
And racial segregation, at this moment, so many insult are pronounced by supporters in football's stadium. But some organisation with FIFA try to change that in condemning this comportment.

Kilian

Back to top Go down

Week 6 Segregation in sport Empty Segregation

Post by Florent D Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:24 pm

The racial segregation in sport is bad. But it’s not only in sport all in subjet. Opposited at the Nazi thinking all human is equal. In JO of Mexico two americain athlete was level up fist during the americain anthem for light the racial segregation in Union-States. But after they will leave their place in the height level in sport

Florent D

Back to top Go down

Post by William Michaud Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:54 pm

I think it's normal to say that the segregation in sport or everywhere has no place, but for me just tell this is not enough to have a real change. It's true that since the end of slavery the segregation get down but it's necessary to stop it. Samuel Eto'o told : it must do lost the money of the media and you will see that this boss will put pressure on this sport autority to find the solution. Because just show us disappointement and the manifestation is not enough.

William Michaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis0 Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:30 am

Let me tell you about an example of segregation in sport. It is about the media coverage of minor sportsmen and women. Let's take cycling as an example. In a cycling team, there are usually one or two leaders who are highlighted and 4 or 5 other teammates who are working hard for their leader to win the race. This work of the man is not rewarded in cycling, there are no prizes for highlighting men who play for others even if it means giving up because of extreme fatigue. We only talk about the winner but his teammate who is last in the classification should be honoured as well!

Louis0

Back to top Go down

Post by mlequeux Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:06 pm

Segregation has been present for years, whether in sport or in everyday life. Of course segregation has no place anywhere and in sport it was often the same "racial segregation" especially at the time the fact that a black man since winning medals as in the Olympics Games was unpleasant. Today there are still some but we wonder how sport has a connection with nationalities, religions, social classes ? Because sport is open to all so what is the solutiopns ?

mlequeux

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise Turgis Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:24 pm

I don’t think that word should even exist. Sport should not show the differences between people, we should all be the same because we are all human regardless of skin colour or origin. Racism is less and less present than before, but unfortunately there are still racism and not only in sport. Having a different skin colour does not change athletes' performance and success.

Louise Turgis

Back to top Go down

Week 6 Segregation in sport Empty Segregation in Sport

Post by Lina Plasse Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:54 pm

Segregation in sport is still a sensitive issue, but in the history of sport, segregation remains a big chapter.
An improvement is still observed with the opening of the mind and the mentality and this old world view.
We need a world or a society where we don't judge and that unfortunately doesn't exist.
Segregation is a very big issue.

Lina Plasse

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Priou Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:21 pm

Segregation in sport or everywhere has no place, it's unbelievable to see that racism has created a place for itself in sport. This is an area that is supposed to put everyone on the same scale, and what you are going to do as an athlete is only related to your performance and athleticism. Skin color or beliefs should absolutely not come into play!
This fight has existed for so many years, men are evolving and have fought for equality and the rights of all : At the Olympic Games in Mexico, two black American athletes raised their fists during the anthem to show their protest.
To conclude, sport must bring us together despite all our differences

Julie Priou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum