UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GROUP 1- Week 2 - Sport

+14
Amélia TLILI
Nicolas Lecat
amandine.A
Florian Kasprzak
Mélanie Pecchio
Marie.David
Lacombe Pauline
Admin
julie
cdelage11
Amandine. G
marie fourgnaud
Emma Brancourt
MaéA
18 posters

Go down

GROUP 1- Week 2 - Sport Empty GROUP 1- Week 2 - Sport

Post by MaéA Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:45 am

Which sport do you prefer and why ?

MaéA

Back to top Go down

GROUP 1- Week 2 - Sport Empty Re: GROUP 1- Week 2 - Sport

Post by Emma Brancourt Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:32 pm

I don't really have a preference for a sport in particular. I'm not a sportive person and when I was in high school I used to skip gym class sometimes silent but, i did gymnastics for 7 years. I've done several kinds of gymnastics : artistic gym, circus gym and rhythmic gym. I did 3 years of tennis and i liked it pretty well but I don't really have a competition spirit sooooo I gave up.

Emma Brancourt

MaéA likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by marie fourgnaud Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:14 am

For me the sport for a long time was my nigthmare because sport = school = grades. But with time and growing up, I started to like the sport and since I was 15 years old, I’ve been playing the sport for myself. At first, I practiced muscle building in my room with youtube, after two years of dancing and after yoga in my room.
Today I can say that I prefer yoga and dance because it’s more me and with yoga I work on my breathing and stress management. I try to practice yoga twice a week, but sometimes I don’t have the motivation...
The next step is to try other sports like classical dance, pole dancing or figure skating!

marie fourgnaud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amandine. G Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:05 pm

I like sport but I enjoy it more than others. I love to practice because I feel better in my body and in my mind when I do it. It is a way for me to stay healthy. I like badminton because it is a sport where I must move a lot, contrary think most people (the competitions are impressive!!!). Otherwise, I like fitness, dance such as Zumba and running. This type of sport allows me to wash my mind and to surpass myself.

Furthermore, I love figure skating because, according to me it is very beautiful and graceful. But I only watching it on television because if I do it, it is not the same thing Rolling Eyes … Indeed, I have trouble to standing on my skates (the side of the ice rink is my best friend haha).

Finally, if you consider the “petanque” as a sport, I also love doing it with my family because it allow to have a good time, simply.

Amandine. G

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cdelage11 Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:49 pm

When I was younger, I practised a lot of sports, much to the regret of my parents who saw me changing activities every year. Dance (classical and modern), horse riding, tennis, badminton, swimming, all activities I practiced and after a few years abandoned. However, I still have a preference for a sport I played for 10 years : dance (especially classical). If some people say that isn’t a sport, they are very wrong !!! Having practised this activity for so many years, I can assure that it’s as intense as I am passionate about it. When I dance I am in my own bubble, I don't think about anything or anyone else and I can really focus on myself. Beyond the sport itself, it’s the whole world of classical dance that fascinates me and makes me dream. Whether it's shops such as Repetto or, above all, the atmosphere of the ballets that I had the chance to see. Unfortunately, this year I was supposed to go and see one at the Grand Théâtre of Bordeaux but it was cancelled because of Covid …

cdelage11

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by julie Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:21 am

I have done a lot of different sports during my childhood. I have done fencing, dance (hip-hop), gymnastics, tennis and horse riding. I was glad to do all these sports and to try new activities all the time. Gymnastics and horse riding were my favorite sports of all time. I still ride sometimes during the summer because I miss contact with horses but I am not in a equestrian center anymore.
Unfortunately I stopped every sports because I did'nt really had the time or the motivation. (For the horse riding it was more because of an accident where I broke my arm GROUP 1- Week 2 - Sport 1f62d). I can say that I regret stopping certain sports now.
Right now, after years without doing any sports, I have started fitness at home and I try to practise every week. I had forgetten the well-being feeling that we have after every sport's session. I hope that I will continue with fitness because it helps me to stay healthy and to evacuate stress.

julie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:06 am

cdelage11 wrote:When I was younger, I practised a lot of sports, much to the regret of my parents who saw me changing activities every year. Dance (classical and modern), horse riding, tennis, badminton, swimming, all activities I practiced and after a few years abandoned. However, I still have a preference for a sport I played for 10 years : dance (especially classical). If some people say that isn’t a sport, they are very wrong !!! Having practised this activity for so many years, I can assure that it’s as intense as I am passionate about it. When I dance I am in my own bubble, I don't think about anything or anyone else and I can really focus on myself. Beyond the sport itself, it’s the whole world of classical dance that fascinates me and makes me dream. Whether it's shops such as Repetto or, above all, the atmosphere of the ballets that I had the chance to see. Unfortunately, this year I was supposed to go and see one at the Grand Théâtre of Bordeaux but it was cancelled because of Covid …

It's a long time since I want to a ballet but they are wonderful to watch.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:07 am

julie wrote:I have done a lot of different sports during my childhood. I have done fencing, dance (hip-hop), gymnastics, tennis and horse riding. I was glad to do all these sports and to try new activities all the time. Gymnastics and horse riding were my favorite sports of all time. I still ride sometimes during the summer because I miss contact with horses but I am not in a equestrian center anymore.
Unfortunately I stopped every sports because I did'nt really had the time or the motivation. (For the horse riding it was more because of an accident where I broke my arm GROUP 1- Week 2 - Sport 1f62d). I can say that I regret stopping certain sports now.
Right now, after years without doing any sports, I have started fitness at home and I try to practise every week. I had forgetten the well-being feeling that we have after every sport's session. I hope that I will continue with fitness because it helps me to stay healthy and to evacuate stress.

I've always wanted to ride well but when I've had lessons in the past I never seem to find the synchronisation and just ache afterwards.
Admin
Admin
Admin

julie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MaéA Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:02 pm

My preferred sport is horse riding. I did horse riding during seven years. I did several disciplines like dressage, jumping, equestrian vaulting, coupling, and the thing that my teacher named "freedom". "Freedom" was a discipline where the horse is free of all equipment. And the rider must ride the horse with a technique like a whisper. It's a show discipline. It's beautiful to watch. And it's wonderful to do. In fact the goal is to create a complicity with the horse. It's my preferred sport because I love horses and I think it is a sport which helps you be better ever and which improves you.
I did not horse riding since a long time because studies prevent from doing it (money, money, money). I miss it. But this is life.
Otherwise I hate doing sport like running or other. And I don't know how to dance or to catch a ball.

MaéA

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacombe Pauline Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:00 pm

Sports ? I hate it.
Of course, I know it's important for health, but in my defense it's not for lack of trying. When I was younger, I tried different sports like swimming or basketball, "thanks to” school I could try running, badminton or even climbing. However, nothing suits me. Sports are tiring and can be dangerous. Examples? Sports that included a ball that automatically ended up in my head. Graceful sports that require suppleness when I can't do more than a forward roll. Sports that require running in general when I can hardly walk and chew a chew gum at the same time without twisting an ankle. When I took my baccalaureate, you should know that I didn't even get a grade point average in badminton (particularly, I hate this sport because it mixes all I hate : running, motor coordination and a stupid shuttlecock which doesn’t go where I want) . In short, you will have understood, I hate sports. The only physical effort I make is going up the hill behind the cinema every day, and that's enough for me.
I hate sports, and I hate this subject.

Lacombe Pauline

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie.David Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:56 pm

I don't really have a favourite sport in particular.
I really like learning to surf, it's a cool feeling, there's speed.
On the other hand, I used to play handball and I loved it, unfortunately my team was not friendly and there was a bad atmosphere, which is a shame for a team sport. But I still follow handball on TV (it's the men's Euro at the moment).Very Happy
I also like tennis a lot (to watch), especially rolland garros, I never miss a season.

Marie.David

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mélanie Pecchio Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:30 pm

I have always been involved in sport for as long as I can remember, I started alpine skiing at the age of 3. Since then I have never stopped doing it except last year (thanks to COVID...), so I have done 13 years of competition (plus 2 years in "preclub").
But that's not all I did, the rest of the year we had to prepare for the next season, so I did a lot of rollerblading, cycling, running, hiking...
After high school I started snowboarding, cross-country skiing and really focusing on running and hiking. But with me it's by periods, sometimes I want to do a lot of sports and sometimes not much, right now I'm in the latter situation, LOL.
What I like to do is to do new sports, to put myself in a situation where I'm not really good like swimming or slacklining, to push my limits and learn new skills.
I think it's interesting to experiment new things and not to do only one sport, which was a bit my case for years with alpine skiing.
Since last summer I started skateboarding, and I'm really bad at it, but it's okay and I know I can only get better.

Mélanie Pecchio

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian Kasprzak Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:24 pm

This year is gonna be my 16th year of playing basketball, so I obviously have to explain to you why this sport is so great (always with tangible arguments).

First of all : The Showtime. The showtime was created by Magic Johnson in the eighties. The Showtime consists of playing a beautiful game based on shiny pass, spectacular and collective fast breaks, and making the match very attractive for public. This remains that basketball is also a game, where the amusement is more important than the competition, even if Magic won although five championship so I guess he loves competition too.

Secondly : The Trash Talking. I don’t know who bring this aspect in basketball, but I think it was always here, especially in the street. This consists to destabilize the opposent by taunting or provoking him. To me, the best trash talker ever was Larry Bird, he was the best in my opinion because his punchlines was so funny and creative. During a NBA game, he announced that he’s gonna play using his left hand for the three first quarters of the game and he scored 20 of his 47 points with his left hand. Too easy for him, at the end of the game he explain that he wanted to keep his right hand for the Lakers the next day (his rivals at the time). He exploded the two teams and that’s why is nasty trash talk. Shows off is good but making buckets and assuring the win of his team his way more cooler.

And finally my last argument his : the sound of a ball throwing the basket *switch*. There his no sound more satisfying than that in the world (except maybe the Dido’s voice).

That’s why I play basketball since my childhood, it’s a sport where the stories and the codes what define it make this sport more exciting.

Florian Kasprzak

Admin and amandine.A like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amandine.A Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:36 pm

I am not really inspired by this topic even if I used to swim and play volley ball (and I really enjoyed it). I wanted to talk about wich colors I want to be. Recently I talked with my friends about colours and I asked them wich colours look the most like me ? I was really surprised by their answer, they said I will be more like yellow like a sunflower fields because I am bright and funny person and for them the yellow really suit me. However, when I ask myself which colours I will be I think I am more like dark colours, for example Burgundy, Royal blue or Charcoal, first because I really love these colours and I think they illustrate my inner self the most. In the other hand the fact that people see me more like a bright colours and I see myself more like dark colours we can understand that the notion of perception it's really complicated and specific/unique to each person. Sometimes it's interesting to know how people see you because when we ask ourselves how do you see yourself ? It's hard to answer but most of the time we describe ourselves diffrently.
amandine.A
amandine.A

Admin and Kelly Rajaona like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Lecat Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:01 pm

First, sport has an important place in my life. I train twice a day. One time in bodybuilding and one time for fight. I pratice the Mix Martial Art. It's a mix of fight sport with ground fight and standing fight. It's a very hard sport because you have to be strong in all situations, otherwise you risk the knock out or the submission. To conclude, i think, that doing sport is beneficial for everyone. In the first time for the mind and for physical health too.

Nicolas Lecat

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amélia TLILI Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:23 pm

Sport? Me? No thank you... My favorite sport is EATING  GROUP 1- Week 2 - Sport 1f602.
I tried some sports, like figure skating and dance but not long. I try to run sometimes but it's very hard for me, but i know that sport it's very important for health so i walk often, so i move a little, it's better than nothing...

Amélia TLILI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GrégoryB Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:38 pm

I don't prefer any particular sport as I haven't done many. Outside of school sports, I only did one year of basketball, 6 months of karate because I broke my wrist and a little bit of badminton. And in these sports, I liked basketball the most and for several reasons. First, I became tall quickly, which is an advantage when you are taller than two thirds of the other players. Secondly, the fact that you always have to do something, you're always on the move, to mark a player, to stand out, and so on. Also, there are no draws, you either win or lose. And playing as a team makes the sport even more enjoyable. And finally, I don't watch any sport on TV but if I had to watch one, it would be basketball because of its fast pace compared to football for example.

GrégoryB

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien LUCAS Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:35 pm

I'm too lazy to practice some sport, sometimes i walk when i have time to do sport a little bit but i have to start a real sport one day.  Watch sport on the TV, i find this boring and not really interesting. Watch the TV during 10 secondes only to see someone running ? Just why ?
In other hand i really enjoy sport video games which need to manage a team. I see some informations about sport on social media and i follow some account so i'm not really close, but not really far too from this practice.

Julien LUCAS

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LéaC Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:02 am

For sure, I can't be said to be sporty at the moment. The only sport I have practice is dance (since I was little) but I had to stop 3 three years ago when I left Lyon (I would like to start again in Angouleme but the classes are too far away and too late at night (and there is no bus). When I was in Lyon, I was part of a dance group, we were training every sunday afternoon (sometimes all the day to prepare shows or videos), and I keep a very good memory of it. Dancing with them allowed me to improve quickly and to gain more confidence in myself. Sometimes I wish I could go back 5 years. P.S: If I were a color, I would like to be blue, like the ocean or the sea (and take all the possible shades of the sea). For me, it's the colour of summer, of holidays and all the good memories attached to them.

LéaC

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Lesade Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:19 am

I used to play table tennis a lot, i was pretty good at it, when i love something i train a lot, too much, so u become good no matter what, i liked this sport because it was a really hard one, there was a lots of differents rackets, that were doing different effect, each people got their own playstyle, so it was really interesting, now i stopped it, but i started musculation some months ago, and i like it too, seeing the weight increasing with our performance and own weight is pretty cool.
Lucas Lesade
Lucas Lesade

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:22 am

Florian Kasprzak wrote:This year is gonna be my 16th year of playing basketball, so I obviously have to explain to you why this sport is so great (always with tangible arguments).

First of all : The Showtime. The showtime was created by Magic Johnson in the eighties. The Showtime consists of playing a beautiful game based on shiny pass, spectacular and collective fast breaks, and making the match very attractive for public. This remains that basketball is also a game, where the amusement is more important than the competition, even if Magic won although five championship so I guess he loves competition too.

Secondly : The Trash Talking. I don’t know who bring this aspect in basketball, but I think it was always here, especially in the street. This consists to destabilize the opposent by taunting or provoking him. To me, the best trash talker ever was Larry Bird, he was the best in my opinion because his punchlines was so funny and creative. During a NBA game, he announced that he’s gonna play using his left hand for the three first quarters of the game and he scored 20 of his 47 points with his left hand. Too easy for him, at the end of the game he explain that he wanted to keep his right hand for the Lakers the next day (his rivals at the time). He exploded the two teams and that’s why is nasty trash talk. Shows off is good but making buckets and assuring the win of his team his way more cooler.

And finally my last argument his : the sound of a ball throwing the basket *switch*. There his no sound more satisfying than that in the world (except maybe the Dido’s voice).

In English we say "Swish" for the sound of a shot not touching the hoop.

That’s why I play basketball since my childhood, it’s a sport where the stories and the codes what define it make this sport more exciting.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:24 am

amandine.A wrote:I am not really inspired by this topic even if I used to swim and play volley ball (and I really enjoyed it). I wanted to talk about wich colors I want to be. Recently I talked with my friends about colours and I asked them wich colours look the most like me ? I was really surprised by their answer, they said I will be more like yellow like a sunflower fields because I am bright and funny person and for them the yellow really suit me. However, when I ask myself which colours I will be I think I am more like dark colours, for example Burgundy, Royal blue or Charcoal, first because I really love these colours  and I think they illustrate my inner self the most. In the other hand the fact that people see me more like a bright colours and I see myself more like dark colours we can understand that the notion of perception it's really complicated and specific/unique to each person. Sometimes it's interesting to know how people see you because when we ask ourselves how do you see yourself ? It's hard to answer but most of the time we describe ourselves diffrently.

interesting. What colour am I?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amandine.A Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:02 am

Admin wrote:
amandine.A wrote:I am not really inspired by this topic even if I used to swim and play volley ball (and I really enjoyed it). I wanted to talk about wich colors I want to be. Recently I talked with my friends about colours and I asked them wich colours look the most like me ? I was really surprised by their answer, they said I will be more like yellow like a sunflower fields because I am bright and funny person and for them the yellow really suit me. However, when I ask myself which colours I will be I think I am more like dark colours, for example Burgundy, Royal blue or Charcoal, first because I really love these colours  and I think they illustrate my inner self the most. In the other hand the fact that people see me more like a bright colours and I see myself more like dark colours we can understand that the notion of perception it's really complicated and specific/unique to each person. Sometimes it's interesting to know how people see you because when we ask ourselves how do you see yourself ? It's hard to answer but most of the time we describe ourselves diffrently.

I think you John you a bright colours like orange or yellow sunny because you are always joking and talking. However when you are talking about Molly and where you live I see you more like blue or green because when you talked about it we can feel the love.
amandine.A
amandine.A

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:38 pm

amandine.A wrote:
Admin wrote:

I think you John you a bright colours like orange or yellow sunny  because you are always joking and talking. However when you are talking about Molly and where you live I see you more like blue or green because when you talked about it we can feel the love.

Thanks. I adore blue and turquoise colours, so I'm happy with that.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum