UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 Travel / Music

+5
Paul Astie
julia durand
Elise
Océane
Admin
9 posters

Go down

Week 2 Travel / Music Empty Week 2 Travel / Music

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:20 pm

Was it a choice of these two topics?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Travel / Music Empty Re: Week 2 Travel / Music

Post by Océane Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:49 am

Hello everyone,

I decide to choose the subject of the trip  Week 2 Travel / Music 1f30f  
I did not have the opportunity to go abroad with my family but I was still able to discover many beautiful places in France. However, the school has allowed me to go abroad on several occasions. I went to Italy and discovered the beautiful cities of Florence and Rome. I loved this country for its architecture, its history and for its gastronomy of course. I'm going back there next holiday to discover the city of Milan this time.
Last year, I was also lucky enough to go to London with my school. During this trip, we visited museums (the Trademark Museum, the Natural History Museum, the Tate Modern Museum). We also visited many famous areas of London, such as Camden, King Crown and Coven Garden. In the evening, it was time to relax and enjoy a beer and a typical meal in a restaurant or a pub to soak up the London culture. I loved this trip to London and hope to return soon.

See you next week  Week 2 Travel / Music 1f600
Océane CATHELINE

Océane

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Travel / Music Empty My future Erasmus in Hungary

Post by Elise Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:16 pm

Hi everyone!

I have already traveled in several places with my family since I was a three-year-old girl. We visited lots of cities in France and we traveled in Italy, these memories are my favorite ones. Then, with school, I traveled in England, Wales, and Italy. So, I always traveled with people and I want to become more independent!

I took the opportunity to go in Hungary to live the Erasmus’s experience. I want to improve my English, discover new countries and another culture. I already seen the BDE of pecs – my future city – and I think that I’ll party every night and have so much fun ! (and study of course)

Can’t wait!!

Elise D ✿

Elise

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Travel / Music Empty French in Austria = bad idea

Post by julia durand Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:23 pm

Week 2 Travel / Music Vienne10

I am gonna try to write something less boring than last week. For that I am gonna talk about an anecdocte from my little road trip with my friends in Austria. It was in the begining of January, my friends and I rented a car to go from Maribor to Vienna. To visit this beautiful city, which has a lot of great building and garden, we had to take the highway. The fonctioning of the highway in Austria is quite diferent than in France because we had to pay a road tax disc and stick it on the windsreen. We weren’t used to this and we forgot to stick the tax… When we arrived at Vienna we realised our mistake and we thought that we were gonna receive a fine. After our vacations we returned at Maribor and then 6 month have passed. We thought that we were safe but no my friend who was driving the car received an email in Germain explaining that we had a fine of 450 euros to pay. The moral of this anecdote is never drive as a French on an Austrian highway, especially if you are not use to and if you are to stupid to pay the tax disc and then forgot to stick it.

Julia

julia durand

Admin and EliseB like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Travel / Music Empty A Cool Band

Post by Paul Astie Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:06 pm

Hi everyone

I talk today about one Japan music band SIM (Silence is mine), an alternative metal band Kanagawa Préfecture. What I love about them is every song is différent you can have one very sad about depression or bulling (Bully and Father) and very catchy like Baseball Bat. In this song the world is corrupted by an Evil IA and the band free it by smashing it with a Baseball Bat. They do a lot of collaboration like with a woman rapper. The song was a cool mix between métal and Reggae slash rap music because of all this different music mix I'am never bored when I listen to them.

If i go to Japan one day, see one of their concert is pretty high on my do to list. One of the things that I Hate for the Asian Band is like Europe just don't exist because they do tour in America or their country but never to Europe. I can't explain it, like we want goodies to and good music why don't you come?

Paul Astie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kcuedari Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:45 am

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL
I’m not a fan of serials or Tv shows and that's for two reasons: First I don't have time to watch TV serials because I'm occupy with university and currently I’m laboring at the presentation of my diploma thesis which is next week. (Wish me luck and cross your fingers for me professor hahah jk.) Second I am very skeptical about TV shows, especially those on Netflix, cuz I think most of them don’t give out educational messages.
But let's change the topic a bit, nobody likes rules, right?! (Oh and I have to write about something since I sent the first assignment on paper as well. Not proud to be honest but it is what it is 😂 ) Rather let's talk about movies and especially one of my favorite movies, which I picked randomly because I just feel the need to write about it. I saw this movie 7-8 years ago, if I'm not mistaken, but surprisingly it's still fresh in my mind.
The movie is called " Life is Beautiful". It's was an italian "drama-comedy" which was released in 1997. In my opinion, it was definitely one of the most beautiful movies ever made because it gave out such meaningful messages and the humor was in perfect proportions.
“Life is beautiful” showed the love story of a Jew with a non-Jewish woman, who formed together a family and as a result of their love, they gave birth to a beautiful son. I always thought where there was love, life "threw stones".This bitter reality was reflected when the family was taken captive to a concentration camp.... The ways the father tried to protect his child and wife from the horrors of genocide and made them smile was really sweet, innocent and indescribable, and represented in such a perfect and real way what the author tried to show…that " LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL" regardless of the circumstances.

Kcuedari

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:54 am

Kcuedari wrote:LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL
    I’m not a fan of serials or Tv shows and that's for two reasons: First I don't have time to watch TV serials because I'm occupy with university and currently I’m laboring at the presentation of my diploma thesis which is next week. (Wish me luck and cross your fingers for me professor hahah jk.) Second I am very skeptical about TV shows, especially those on Netflix, cuz I think most of them don’t give out  educational messages.
    But let's change the topic a bit, nobody likes rules, right?! (Oh and I have to write about something  since I sent the first assignment on paper as well. Not proud to be honest but it is what it is 😂 ) Rather let's talk about movies and especially one of my favorite movies, which I picked randomly  because I just feel the need to write about it. I saw this movie 7-8 years ago, if I'm not mistaken, but surprisingly it's still fresh in my mind.
    The movie is called " Life is Beautiful". It's was an  italian "drama-comedy" which was released in 1997. In my opinion, it was definitely one of the most beautiful movies ever made because it gave out such meaningful messages  and the humor was in perfect proportions.
    “Life is beautiful” showed the love story of a Jew with a non-Jewish woman, who formed together a family and as a result of their love, they gave birth to a beautiful son. I always thought where there was love, life "threw stones".This bitter reality was reflected when the family was taken captive to a concentration camp.... The ways  the father tried  to protect his child and wife from the horrors of genocide and made them smile was really sweet, innocent and indescribable, and represented in such a perfect and real way what the author tried to show…that " LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL" regardless of the circumstances.

Well done for registering and writing Kiara. But I thought the subject was travel or Music. Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Travel / Music Empty My trip to Brasil

Post by EliseB Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:51 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m going to talk today about a travel I did a long time ago, when I was 12. We used to travel with my family when I was a child, but after this travel we stopped travelling abroad for some reasons. But the trip i’m going to talk about is one that made me realise a lot of things.
We went to Brasil, in a small town near the Amazonian forest. We knew some people there that’s why we went there. Most of the people over there were very poor, and the lifestyle was very different that the one here in France. I was only 12 so I wasn’t aware of that. Also I was a little addicted to video games and screens, and I had no connexion there so it was a challenge for me to stop using screens for a month.
So at the beginning I was a little bit lost and it was a challenge for me to be there. But then I started to feel comfortable with this town and lifestyle. I started to talk with people from there (in english please! I was not very good but I was doing my best!) and they were so nice, I learned a lot of things and discovered a new culture. We were sleeping in hammocks, and it was weird at the beginning but I got used to it and I started to love it! Also it made me realise that screens are boring next to real life. It seems logical but it wasn’t when I was 12. Also I realised that I was the luckiest child in the world, and I still think I am. I have the most lovely family, that helped me open my mind by travelling when I was younger, and that is now giving me all the love and support I need to build a happy present and future.
Sorry I’m getting emotional lol i’m going to stop writing now.
Thanks for reading, bye bye!

EliseB

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Travel / Music Empty Valencia

Post by selma Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:03 pm

Hello everyone,
Today I wanted to talk about my recent travel to Valencia in Spain (to be honest it was for my internship but I was considering myself as a tourist on holiday). I spend 2 months in this great city and I really didn’t expect to appreciate it at this point.
There were so many things to do: shopping, a lot of restaurants with typical Spanish, Italian, Pakistani, Chinese food, huge museums, and the beach was very close too.
The city is always moving, there are always events and festivals related to Valencia’s culture…
I really didn’t know that this city was such a dynamic one. There was always something to do. So many that my internship report could wait, I wanted to take full advantage of this trip and I would love to go back there some other time.
When I returned to my boring and sad city of Poitiers, I felt depressed :/

selma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Travel / Music Empty 3 months internship in Athens

Post by Julie C Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:22 pm

Hello everyone
As you may have read in the title I had the chance, well I would rather the opportunity, to do an internship of 3 months in Athens the capital of Greece.
I never had the chance to travel and even less abroad, so it was a first time for me and what a first time !!!

The reality I faced when I arrived in Athens was not what I expected. Athens, is a city marked by social differences and insalubrity that reigns there. The city is very dirty, the sidewalks are littered with all kinds of rubbish, dumpsters filled with household and inert waste are installed in the four corners of the city. Moreover, I was amazed by the number of buildings that are falling into ruins, completely abandoned. Driving, safety and hygiene standards seem to be governed by rules specific to each individual. Some shops or grocery stores are in basements, more like a flea market or an ambush, but once again it depends a lot on the neighborhood. Poverty is much more present than I thought.

On the other hand, some areas are quite similar to what we found in France especially Syntagme with the Parliament Square and its shopping street “Ermou” which are very pretty and pleasant to live in. Nevertheless, Athens has fascinating sides probably due to the presence of historical monuments on every street corner, including the Acropolis that dominates the city center. There is a lot to see, it is a culturally rich city with many museums, archaeological site that I enjoyed visiting. I had the opportunity to speak with several Greeks and my feelings towards this city were confirmed. Many of them admit that the city is very dirty, noisy and unkempt but that it remains a wonderful city with many hidden oases.

I never thought I would say this, but I would like to go back there in a context other than that of the internship, I think it played an important role in my negative vision of Athens. I would love to show this city to my mum who is passionate about Greek mythology, and after three months there I know the places to visit but espacially the places and districts to avoid at all costs!! I think I would make an great tour guide hihi

Julie C

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:05 am

EliseB wrote:Hi everyone,

I’m going to talk today about a travel I did a long time ago, when I was 12. We used to travel with my family when I was a child, but after this travel we stopped travelling abroad for some reasons. But the trip i’m going to talk about is one that made me realise a lot of things.
We went to Brasil, in a small town near the Amazonian forest. We knew some people there that’s why we went there. Most of the people over there were very poor, and the lifestyle was very different that the one here in France. I was only 12 so I wasn’t aware of that. Also I was a little addicted to video games and screens, and I had no connexion there so it was a challenge for me to stop using screens for a month.
So at the beginning I was a little bit lost and it was a challenge for me to be there. But then I started to feel comfortable with this town and lifestyle. I started to talk with people from there (in english please! I was not very good but I was doing my best!) and they were so nice, I learned a lot of things and discovered a new culture. We were sleeping in hammocks, and it was weird at the beginning but I got used to it and I started to love it! Also it made me realise that screens are boring next to real life. It seems logical but it wasn’t when I was 12. Also I realised that I was the luckiest child in the world, and I still think I am. I have the most lovely family, that helped me open my mind by travelling when I was younger, and that is now giving me all the love and support I need to build a happy present and future.
Sorry I’m getting emotional lol i’m going to stop writing now.
Thanks for reading, bye bye!

It is amazing how quickly we can adapt to new situations.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:06 am

selma wrote:Hello everyone,
Today I wanted to talk about my recent travel to Valencia in Spain (to be honest it was for my internship but I was considering myself as a tourist on holiday). I spend 2 months in this great city and I really didn’t expect to appreciate it at this point.
There were so many things to do: shopping, a lot of restaurants with typical Spanish, Italian, Pakistani, Chinese food, huge museums, and the beach was very close too.
The city is always moving, there are always events and festivals related to Valencia’s culture…
I really didn’t know that this city was such a dynamic one. There was always something to do. So many that my internship report could wait, I wanted to take full advantage of this trip and I would love to go back there some other time.
When I returned to my boring and sad city of Poitiers, I felt depressed :/

and now you are in Angouleme. Shocked
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:10 am

Julie C wrote:Hello everyone
As you may have read in the title I had the chance, well I would rather the opportunity, to do an internship of 3 months in Athens the capital of Greece.
I never had the chance to travel and even less abroad, so it was a first time for me and what a first time !!!

The reality I faced when I arrived in Athens was not what I expected. Athens, is a city marked by social differences and insalubrity that reigns there. The city is very dirty, the sidewalks are littered with all kinds of rubbish, dumpsters filled with household and inert waste are installed in the four corners of the city. Moreover, I was amazed by the number of buildings that are falling into ruins, completely abandoned. Driving, safety and hygiene standards seem to be governed by rules specific to each individual. Some shops or grocery stores are in basements, more like a flea market or an ambush, but once again it depends a lot on the neighborhood. Poverty is much more present than I thought.

On the other hand, some areas are quite similar to what we found in France especially Syntagme with the Parliament Square and its shopping street “Ermou” which are very pretty and pleasant to live in. Nevertheless, Athens has fascinating sides probably due to the presence of historical monuments on every street corner, including the Acropolis that dominates the city center. There is a lot to see, it is a culturally rich city with many museums, archaeological site that I enjoyed visiting. I had the opportunity to speak with several Greeks and my feelings towards this city were confirmed. Many of them admit that the city is very dirty, noisy and unkempt but that it remains a wonderful city with many hidden oases.

I never thought I would say this, but I would like to go back there in a context other than that of the internship, I think it played an important role in my negative vision of Athens. I would love to show this city to my mum who is passionate about Greek mythology, and after three months there I know the places to visit but espacially the places and districts to avoid at all costs!! I think I would make an great tour guide hihi

Poverty in western civilisation. It's real and dangerous.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum