UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 5 Discussion

+7
Heitiare YIP
Clement G
Omaïma
kinz
Margot.H
zooégr
Admin
11 posters

Go down

Week 5 Discussion Empty Week 5 Discussion

Post by Admin Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:34 am

Halloween / Festivals

Week 5 Discussion 4251359

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Discussion Empty Re: Week 5 Discussion

Post by zooégr Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:06 pm

So regarding this theme, which does not inspire me too much ...
First of all, I write on Halloween day and that's good!
in reality I like halloween, it's a nice party to celebrate, but I think it's still not democratized enough in France, in the EU it's something else and it's incredible
I didn't have the opportunity to celebrate Halloween too much, it happened to me a few times and it was really nice, putting on makeup, dressing up ... going to get a lot of candies, I remember that we got a lot of food and others
this year it was the opportunity to celebrate a little because the BDE had organized a Halloween party but unfortunately we could not because several cases of covid were detected in the class . (not me anyway, I'm stronger than that) but we were forced to cancel (I hope to postpone)
well, not much of interest ..

zooégr

Admin and Omaïma like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Margot.H Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:10 am

Hello everyone, Week 5 Discussion 1f47b

I've never celebrate Hallooween when I was young, and now it's not something that interests me. But I remenber when I was young, I watched a show on the television, with my two old brothers. The show was called "30 histoire paranormales", and it was difused at the evening. It talk about ghost, haunted house : thing that scare a child (above all when you watch this with your two big brothers).

I remember, after the show, I ran to get to my room and I looked two times under my bed before going to sleep. I was terrified.

Now when I remember that, it's make me laugh because the acting was very bad. It's anough one scarry music and darks images to create scary atmosphere. Week 5 Discussion 1f47b

Margot.H

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Discussion Empty Halloween with myself

Post by kinz Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:02 pm

31/10/22.
Yesterday, it was Halloween day. Even if I was supposed to go to a party with my primary school friends, I didn't do nothing to celebrate it. But I was tired and really not in the good mood. However, I decided not to ignore this day, that's why I prepared a dinner, sat in the sofa's colocation and started watching a scary movie. But it was good, because firstly, I was alone, noise-free, while all my roommates were outside. Secondly, I had candies and nobody came to the house for asking me "trick or treat", so I ate all of them Razz . I didn't have a Halloween costume, and no decorations to, but I enjoyed this moment with myself, and I think we can be alone and celebrate feast like Halloween.
Thank you for reading!
Happy hollidays!
Kinz

kinz

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Discussion Empty My point of view on Halloween ! (:

Post by Omaïma Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:26 pm

Good evening everyone,

In this little "educational break" as the teachers call it, there was Halloween, just yesterday : October 31, 2022.

I'm not a Halloween person, but I love all the possible and unimaginable events, all the parties, festivals, concerts etc., so you could say that I love Halloween, yes, for the atmosphere it produces, and the fact that it brings people together ! I love you
In this case, at the beginning of this "pedagogical break", we, the Master 1's, are invited to a Halloween party, organized by the Master 2's of the BDE, with attention : COMPULSORY DISGUISE ahah (it's going to be funny and super nice, for sure Twisted Evil ).

Moreover, I'm a big fan of candy ! It's really my guilty pleasure, if it didn't make me fat and didn't give me cavities, I would eat it all the time !!! Laughing

Omaïma

Admin and Laura Mondamert like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Discussion Empty Hallowhat ?

Post by Clement G Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:34 am

Hello everyone.

This week the topic was HALLOWEEN !
To be honest with you, this week's topic doesn't really inspire me much.
I'd like to say that I rather like Halloween. It's a unique and simbolic feast. The atmosphere, the costumes make it fun.
It's a pity that in France this festival is not as famous as in the US.
Personally I find that in France, Halloween is more of a commercial event.
I must have really done halloween 2 or 3 times in my life so well ... and I'm not really a fan of candy haha
A positive point of Halloween is that we see pumpkins again !!! I don't know about you, but, apart from Halloween, I almost never see them the rest of the year.
I like to "carve" them and put candles in them hehe

So now you have my general opinion about halloween. Have a good time and see you next time.
bye
Clément

Clement G

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heitiare YIP Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:31 pm

Hello,

The topic of the week is "Halloween".

When I was little, I always wanted to celebrate Halloween. I wanted to dress up and go ring the neighbors' doorbells to get candy like I saw on TV. However, I never got the chance to do that (I remember my best friend doing it in her neighborhood and bringing me candy back to school).

However, as I grew up, this party evolved and now we dress up to scare others. I remember one year I celebrated Halloween with my friends. It was an organized event where 3 horror movies were shown. I'm not a big fan of horror movies because they scare me too much but I like to watch them anyway hahaha. Except that, the costumes were terrifying, you could hear me screaming every time. I remember the most terrifying costume was a woman who had no nose, it was disturbing. She could see that she was scaring me so she was always hanging around me. Anyway, those are good memories.

Have a good end of holiday !

Heitiare YIP

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mondamert Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:03 pm

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is ok !

Halloween is not my favorite party. But I like to do manuel activities : to decorate the room, the condo, the cake …
When I was a child, celebrating Halloween at my parent’s house was special because people came to ring at the door but my parents pretended to not be here. While at my grandmother’s house, she made a big effort for prepare candy bags with different candies and ribbons for decorate.

See u Wednesday !

Laura Mondamert

Back to top Go down

Post by Leaaa Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:37 pm

Hi everyone,

Since I was little, I always liked celebrate Halloween. In the little town where my father live, a lot of people celebrated Halloween (less nowadays, sadly) so it was fun ! With my family, we used to disguise ourselves as witch, vampires or ghosts, walk around the city to grab candies with the famous “Trick or treat” and, when we were home, scare the kids who came for candies. Even now that I’m older, I really like Halloween’s atmosphere… Disguised ourselves, draw scary things, eat candies and all…
Even if I actually hate horror moovies, as the scaredy-cat that I am !

Leaaa

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by salomevanhulle Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:39 pm

Kingsland festival

When I knew I was going to the Netherlands for my Erasmus, a girl told me about Kingsday.
In the Netherlands, the king's birthday is celebrated. Everyone is dressed in orange because it is his favourite colour. It's a public holiday, there are cruises all over the country, flea markets, parades, and parties. It's great!
I decided to spend this day with a French friend of mine who was on an Erasmus course. We went to Amsterdam for the "Kingsland" festival, and the guest of honour was Martin Garrix. It was my first festival, there was a big stage outside, many stands to eat at and other thematic rooms (techno, house, hard....). We tested all the rooms with totally different atmospheres and populations, it was the opportunity to try a musical genre that we would not have listened to on our own.
I have excellent memories of this day.
A little anecdote: the Dutch are very tall compared to the French... it's funny in everyday life but at a festival, it's impossible to see the artists because the audience is really all huge.

salomevanhulle

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Discussion Empty Halloween

Post by MaSerre Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:31 pm

The subject of Halloween doesn't really excite me. I'm more of a fan of the Christmas season with a movie + hot chocolate combo!
The day of Halloween I was "under lock down" in my house (the covid got me before the holidays!), some kids came to ring my doorbell but I couldn't give them candy! I don't celebrate Halloween at all anymore but when I was younger it was quite important because it was a moment with family or friends. We would spend the day dressing up and we would of course go ask for "trick or treat" at night!
I don't have any funny or scary anecdotes to tell you...

affraid affraid

MaSerre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum