UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7 Your biggest fear

+7
Kcuedari
efobert
Océane
selma
Paul Astie
Elise
EliseB
11 posters

Go down

Week 7 Your biggest fear Empty Week 7 Your biggest fear

Post by EliseB Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:56 pm

Your biggest fear

EliseB

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Your biggest fear Empty Re: Week 7 Your biggest fear

Post by EliseB Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:33 pm

Hi everyone,

As an anxious person, I have lots of doubts and fears about my life.
This past month I wasn’t feeling very well, i had tons of doubts about myself and I wasn’t sure I was on the right path. It made me realised that I was very scared about life. What if I wake up someday and realise that i’m not happy with the life i have created for myself? I am still very young and I have plenty of time on my hands to create a bright present and futur for myself. But time goes by very fast, and i’m scared that by thinking I have time I will miss everything, every opportunities, every possibilities to be happy. I am the kind of person who needs to be alone a lot. I am confortable when I am at home, alone. This way I stay in my comfort zone. But when I see pictures of my friends together, laughing, doing tons of things while i am too tired to be with them, when I see ambitious people working on their projects, accomplishing things succesfully, while i’m to lazy to work, I’m dreaming I could live like that too. But I’m too anxious and disconnected to do this.
So my biggest fear is to stay like this and miss my life. But deep inside I know I am capable of doing great things and I believe in myself, even though if right now I am not at my best, I know I can get better. So I decided to push myself on the right path. I will now try to get out of my comfort zone as much as possible. I also try to disconnect a little bit from technology, I have stopped smoking, I try to move more and I try to be nice with myself. And more importantly, I try to do things I am scared to do, so I don’t have any regrets. I don’t want to miss anything in my life, whatever it is, because I wasn’t brave enough to fight for it.

Thank you for reading, i feel a little bit better after writing my thoughts here!
Bye bye Smile

EliseB

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Your biggest fear Empty My biggest fear

Post by Elise Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:01 pm

Hi everyone,

Obviously, I wanted to speak about spiders but this is not very interesting. However, I would like to thank my mate, Océane, who always come in my bedroom when I scream.
She always kills the big and horrible spiders for me. Thank you!
Anyways, I found this subject too intimate, a biggest fear isn't about insects but about deep feeling, so I don't want to express how I'm feeling with you. (Sorry).

Bye bye,

Elise D

Elise

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Your biggest fear Empty My bigest fear

Post by Paul Astie Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:50 pm

My biggest fear is dying with regrets. So every day a tried to do my best and use every hour at their maximum. I know life is short and will not stop for me, so I need to explore , discover , try new things . What i hate the most at the end of the days is to things that you could have do this or that . So i tried to stay true to myself and advance to catch to my dreams . Even if this is hard even if this is long i continue because nothing is set in stone so just go because maybe the happiest moment of your life is maybe just around the corner.

Paul Astie

Admin and EliseB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by selma Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:37 pm

I have thalassophobia. It means that I am afraid of the seabed and oceans.
It makes me very anxious when I think about what might be lurking in the depths of the sea. There is still 90% of the seabed that has never been explored, that’s just enormous. Just imagine all the dangerous creatures that could exist.
If there is one activity, I will never be able to do it is certainly scuba diving.
Dying by drowning is also one of my biggest fears: trying to stay on the surface, fighting against the water, trying to stay apnea with the stress and finally being forced to inhale the water. No, I'd much rather die crushed by a train.
Titanic is a terrifying movie to me  pale  (which doesn't stop me from watching it again and again).

selma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Océane Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:36 pm

Hello everyone,

I decided to tell you about my fear of thunderstorms and how it came.
First of all, you have to know that when I was little I was not afraid of thunderstorms at all. On the contrary, I liked it and I even reassured my older sister when she was afraid.
This fear came when I was 10 years old and I went on holiday with my parents (it was in the south I think, but I don't remember exactly). We had just moved into our cottage in the country and within minutes the weather changed completely. A thick fog with a very strong wind arrived, a few minutes later it was big hailstones falling from the sky. Then the rain came, accompanied by lightning and thunder. We heard a big "boom" upstairs, it was the skylight that broke, we were flooded and without electricity for 3 days. We were lucky though as many houses around ours had their roofs ripped off and ours had nothing.
Since that day, I am terrified whenever there is a storm. I go into the dark and put on my headphones so I can't see the lightning and try to hear the thunder less

Bye Week 7 Your biggest fear 1f600

Océane

Océane

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by efobert Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:09 pm

Hello everyone! sunny

Today I'm going to talk about my biggest fear. I don't scared about spider or snake but I'm anxious personne too like Elise B. This fear motivates me to give all my energy to live.
Since the war between the Ukraine and the Russian, I'm scared of death. I'm afraid to do bad thing and regret. I take life in stride. I try to be always positive, test new experiences and I take each opportunities to spend time with my familly and my friends.
I would like to say to myself that I have lived a good life when I die.
However It's very difficult to work the futur and to enjoy the present moment because I need to make consessions between make the homeworks and the relationship.

Thanks you for your attention,
Good day, Very Happy
Elise F

efobert

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kcuedari Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:58 pm

I think that we have fears  or we fear something because we are not living  life,  we are living in our mind. There's a big difference  when we talk about fear and biggest fear cuz for me my fears are : spiders , snakes, hights ... and I can go on and on.... But when people ask me what's your biggest fear ; it gets more personal for me .  There are people who think that the biggest fear in life  it's always about what’s going to happen next. It means that has to do with future and the unknown .This makes me doubt and that's why I  ask myself questions, which may seem strange, but as an analytical person I am used to this fact even that  my questions resemble conspiracy theories very often.The question that comes to my mind now is  if  our fear is about the future and the unknown  this mean that she is hundred percent imaginary and if we are suffering the non-existential, we call that insanity. So, people may be in just socially accepted levels of insanity, but if  we are afraid or if  we are suffering anything which does not exist, it amounts to insanity, isn’t it??!!!
My greatest fear has always been not finding my soulmate . Throughout the years I have lost so many people and I have been through so much in my life but its my past that  made me  who I am today. A year ago I thought I would never find that one person who could make me a better person , who would  challenge me on a daily basis, someone who will be there for me no matter what .... Its actually weird how life works out cuz that person came to me when I wasn't expecting it. For me, it's not just spending your life with someone and making babies but it's that in that journey of yours, whether it was written by someone or came as a result of your actions, you found your other half, you feel fulfilled, you are with that person without whom you cannot imagine a more beautiful life than the one where you are together...

Kcuedari

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Your biggest fear Empty The day I thought I would die crushed

Post by cgadouas Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:35 am

My biggest material fear is: lifts.

I hate lifts and I’m genuinely afraid to take one.
I’ve always been afraid of elevators, but it became a fear a few years ago.
Indeed, one day I was with a friend and he lived on the 7th floor ( the last floor of the building). It was the night and we were already tired, therefore, we took the elevator to be quick. Big mistake.

We stepped into the elevator, but as the door closed the elevator made a weird noise. We looked at each other, kind of afraid, because we knew that noise wasn’t normal. Then the lift went down a few centimeters and all of a sudden, it was stuck between the 7th floor and the 6th floor. Being already afraid of elevator and being anxious by nature, I’ve had a severe anxiety attack. As it was the night I thought nobody would come and that we would have to wait till the morning to be free. In addition, the lift kept making weird sounds.
My friend pressed the emergency button til we had an answer and he explained the situation. As the interlocutor heard my distress, she called a guy who was supposed to have finished his day but came to our rescue in only twenty minutes.

That man was my hero for that day </3

But trauma assured. affraid

cgadouas

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Your biggest fear Empty Devil is snake

Post by julia durand Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:35 pm

Hello everyone! I think my biggest fear are snakes, I know its a very basic fear but its the only thing I’m afraid of lol… I’ve always been afraid of snakes and I’ve some little anecdotes about that. When I was younger and it was summer I had to go to picnic. The places of the pique niques where generally with woods and high grass (places where snakes can easily hide) so to be sure that snakes wouldn't be attacking me, when was walking I was tapping my foot really loudly on the floor to scared them… (I surely looked supid at this time). Another anecdote is that one day we went to the zoo with my family and I refused to go to the vivarium room because I was affraid that the glasses break and that the snakes escape. Now I'm not that dramatic about them but I'm still really afraid.

julia durand

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Your biggest fear Empty The devil’s animal !!

Post by Julie C Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:01 pm

First of all, you are forbidden to laugh or mock !!!!

Well I'm a little ashamed but it's the topic of the week I have no choice.
I'm afraid of butterflies, I hate them. I really can't stand to see them in photos or videos it gives me chills and oppresses me. I feel a deep disgust for them. I find it ugly, whether it's butterfly day or night, no matter I don't like it!! The butterflies we meet most often during the day have large wings and a very thin body. The ones I can't stand and that make me flee at every time are the butterflies that have large brown wings with like two orange eyes drawn on them. Don’t count on me to put you a photo I let you search on Google.

Those at night are also horrible! Their bodies are huge and hairy with smaller wings mixing shades of black and brown which makes them even more detestable. It's a real nightmare for me in the summer when they take advantage of my windows being opened to invite themselves into my room or the house in general.

So you will understand I hate butterflies, they are the devil’s animals !!

Julie C

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:12 am

[quote="EliseB"]Hi everyone,

As an anxious person, I have lots of doubts and fears about my life.
This past month I wasn’t feeling very well, i had tons of doubts about myself and I wasn’t sure I was on the right path. It made me realised that I was very scared about life. What if I wake up someday and realise that i’m not happy with the life i have created for myself? I am still very young and I have plenty of time on my hands to create a bright present and futur for myself. But time goes by very fast, and i’m scared that by thinking I have time I will miss everything, every opportunities, every possibilities to be happy. I am the kind of person who needs to be alone a lot. I am confortable when I am at home, alone. This way I stay in my comfort zone. But when I see pictures of my friends together, laughing, doing tons of things while i am too tired to be with them, when I see ambitious people working on their projects, accomplishing things succesfully, while i’m to lazy to work, I’m dreaming I could live like that too. But I’m too anxious and disconnected to do this.
So my biggest fear is to stay like this and miss my life. But deep inside I know I am capable of doing great things and I believe in myself, even though if right now I am not at my best, I know I can get better. So I decided to push myself on the right path. I will now try to get out of my comfort zone as much as possible. I also try to disconnect a little bit from technology, I have stopped smoking, I try to move more and I try to be nice with myself. And more importantly, I try to do things I am scared to do, so I don’t have any regrets. I don’t want to miss anything in my life, whatever it is, because I wasn’t brave enough to fight for it.

Thank you for reading, i feel a little bit better after writing my thoughts here!
Bye bye Smile[/quote]

That was a good read, thanks. I can understand how you feel and I admire the fact you are doing something about it. It is easy to think that your life is slipping away but in reality it has hardly started. At your age people think 60, 50 even 40 is old but I can tell you it isn't. Most of us will live into our 80's and still be in good health. It is never to late to change your path or try something different. In fact you'll probaby find that you need to freshen your life every 10 or 15 years. I do that by changing country, changing job, changing house etc (not changing wife). I'd also like to say that we don't need to do "great" things with our lives. At least not great from a wordly point of view. i think bringing my children up to be "good" people is great and giving my dogs a happy life is great. otherwise I haven't and won't do anything great, just small things. If you can be happy and not make too many people unhappy I think you'll have had a very successful life.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

EliseB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:15 am

selma wrote:I have thalassophobia. It means that I am afraid of the seabed and oceans.
It makes me very anxious when I think about what might be lurking in the depths of the sea. There is still 90% of the seabed that has never been explored, that’s just enormous. Just imagine all the dangerous creatures that could exist.
If there is one activity, I will never be able to do it is certainly scuba diving.
Dying by drowning is also one of my biggest fears: trying to stay on the surface, fighting against the water, trying to stay apnea with the stress and finally being forced to inhale the water. No, I'd much rather die crushed by a train.
Titanic is a terrifying movie to me  pale  (which doesn't stop me from watching it again and again).

I love the ocean and I used to scuba dive - it was fantastic. I'm sorry for you that you can't experience the joy that I have had underwater.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:18 am

Océane wrote:Hello everyone,

I decided to tell you about my fear of thunderstorms and how it came.
First of all, you have to know that when I was little I was not afraid of thunderstorms at all. On the contrary, I liked it and I even reassured my older sister when she was afraid.
This fear came when I was 10 years old and I went on holiday with my parents (it was in the south I think, but I don't remember exactly). We had just moved into our cottage in the country and within minutes the weather changed completely. A thick fog with a very strong wind arrived, a few minutes later it was big hailstones falling from the sky. Then the rain came, accompanied by lightning and thunder. We heard a big "boom" upstairs, it was the skylight that broke, we were flooded and without electricity for 3 days. We were lucky though as many houses around ours had their roofs ripped off and ours had nothing.
Since that day, I am terrified whenever there is a storm. I go into the dark and put on my headphones so I can't see the lightning and try to hear the thunder less

Bye  Week 7 Your biggest fear 1f600

I can understand that fear. I remember how frightened my children were when they were young. Personally, I love thunderstorms. They make me realise that even though I am insignificant I can withstand such immense natural power.

Océane
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:20 am

efobert wrote:Hello everyone! sunny

Today I'm going to talk about my biggest fear. I don't scared about spider or snake but I'm anxious personne too like Elise B. This fear motivates me to give all my energy to live.
Since the war between the Ukraine and the Russian, I'm scared of death. I'm afraid to do bad thing and regret. I take life in stride. I try to be always positive, test new experiences and I take each opportunities to spend time with my familly and my friends.
I would like to say to myself that I have lived a good life when I die.
However It's very difficult to work the futur and to enjoy the present moment because I need to make consessions between make the homeworks and the relationship.

Thanks you for your attention,
Good day, Very Happy
Elise F

It's important to realise and acdept that we aren't in control of everything and that we must make the most of what we have.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:23 am

Kcuedari wrote:I think that we have fears  or we fear something because we are not living  life,  we are living in our mind. There's a big difference  when we talk about fear and biggest fear cuz for me my fears are : spiders , snakes, hights ... and I can go on and on.... But when people ask me what's your biggest fear ; it gets more personal for me .  There are people who think that the biggest fear in life  it's always about what’s going to happen next. It means that has to do with future and the unknown .This makes me doubt and that's why I  ask myself questions, which may seem strange, but as an analytical person I am used to this fact even that  my questions resemble conspiracy theories very often.The question that comes to my mind now is  if  our fear is about the future and the unknown  this mean that she is hundred percent imaginary and if we are suffering the non-existential, we call that insanity. So, people may be in just socially accepted levels of insanity, but if  we are afraid or if  we are suffering anything which does not exist, it amounts to insanity, isn’t it??!!!
My greatest fear has always been not finding my soulmate . Throughout the years I have lost so many people and I have been through so much in my life but its my past that  made me  who I am today. A year ago I thought I would never find that one person who could make me a better person , who would  challenge me on a daily basis, someone who will be there for me no matter what .... Its actually weird how life works out cuz that person came to me when I wasn't expecting it. For me, it's not just spending your life with someone and making babies but it's that in that journey of yours, whether it was written by someone or came as a result of your actions, you found your other half, you feel fulfilled, you are with that person without whom you cannot imagine a more beautiful life than the one where you are together...

I don't believe in a soulmate (as in a destined person) but to find people who you like to spend time with is important and great.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:24 am

cgadouas wrote:My biggest material fear is: lifts.

I hate lifts and I’m genuinely afraid to take one.
I’ve always been afraid of elevators, but it became a fear a few years ago.
Indeed, one day I was with a friend and he lived on the 7th floor ( the last floor of the building). It was the night and we were already tired, therefore, we took the elevator to be quick. Big mistake.

We stepped into the elevator, but as the door closed the elevator made a weird noise. We looked at each other, kind of afraid, because we knew that noise wasn’t normal. Then the lift went down a few centimeters and all of a sudden, it was stuck between the 7th floor and the 6th floor. Being already afraid of elevator and being anxious by nature, I’ve had a severe anxiety attack. As it was the night I thought nobody would come and that we would have to wait till the morning to be free. In addition, the lift kept making weird sounds.
My friend pressed the emergency button til we had an answer and he explained the situation. As the interlocutor heard my distress, she called a guy who was supposed to have finished his day but came to our rescue in only twenty minutes.

That man was my hero for that day </3

But trauma assured. affraid

I was trapped in a lif on my own once; It is a bit frightening but thankfully it hasn't stopped me using them. Technology fails sometimes.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:26 am

julia durand wrote:Hello everyone! I think my biggest fear are snakes, I know its a very basic fear but its the only thing I’m afraid of lol… I’ve always been afraid of snakes and I’ve some little anecdotes about that. When I was younger and it was summer I had to go to picnic. The places of the pique niques where generally with woods and high grass (places where snakes can easily hide) so to be sure that snakes wouldn't be attacking me, when was walking I was tapping my foot really loudly on the floor to scared them… (I surely looked supid at this time). Another anecdote is that one day we went to the zoo with my family and I refused to go to the vivarium room because I was affraid that the glasses break and that the snakes escape. Now I'm not that dramatic about them but I'm still really afraid.

We seem to be conditioned by our society to fear snakes, I used to but after having children I got over it. Now when I find them in the garden I can pick them up and move them to safety.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:27 am

Julie C wrote:First of all, you are forbidden to laugh or mock !!!!

Well I'm a little ashamed but it's the topic of the week I have no choice.
I'm afraid of butterflies, I hate them. I really can't stand to see them in photos or videos it gives me chills and oppresses me. I feel a deep disgust for them. I find it ugly, whether it's butterfly day or night, no matter I don't like it!! The butterflies we meet most often during the day have large wings and a very thin body. The ones I can't stand and that make me flee at every time are the butterflies that have large brown wings with like two orange eyes drawn on them. Don’t count on me to put you a photo I let you search on Google.

Those at night are also horrible! Their bodies are huge and hairy with smaller wings mixing shades of black and brown which makes them even more detestable. It's a real nightmare for me in the summer when they take advantage of my windows being opened to invite themselves into my room or the house in general.

So you will understand I hate butterflies, they are the devil’s animals !!

Wow! just WOW!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum