UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group A Sixth subject

+8
Alonso Ramírez
Alexandre B
HOANG Thu Trang
Ju Deshais
Paul NADEAU
Cédric F
Benjamin P.
Admin
12 posters

Go down

Group A Sixth subject Empty Group A Sixth subject

Post by Admin Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:14 pm

For a change I'll give you the chance to inform. This week I want you to tell me what your favourite movie is and tell me why I should watch it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group A Sixth subject Empty Re: Group A Sixth subject

Post by Benjamin P. Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:58 pm

Hi,

One of my favorite movies is Die Hard. I'm sure that you saw it. The "superhero" John Mc Clane is a cop of the police of New York. He goes to Los Angeles to spend Christmas with his family. He is going to be faced with criminals who decided to steal 600 million dollars from Nagatomi Plaza. It's the workplace of his wife. The latter is going to be taken hostage (otherwise that would not be funny) with her colleagues. The only one John can save them. The characteristic of Die Hard is his hero. He is funny and he is everything but endowed with the technology.
One of my favorite replies is:

- Whoever you are, watch out, this frequency is exclusively reserved for emergencies!
- You're kidding! And you believe that I call up to command a pizza?

For all the movies of the franchise the mechanics remains the same. John face excessively armed criminals. In every new movie the situation is more and more difficult.
In the first movie, it's in a sky crapper that the scene take place.
In the second, it's in a airport ; in the third, John save New York City ; In the fourth, it's the United States ; In the fifth, John and his son save the world ; It remains that the space for the sixth...good luck to the scriptwriters!!

Benjamin P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cédric F Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:20 pm

I enjoy science fiction movies and in particular lord of the rings. This is a movie which comes from an awesome novel written by J. R. R. Tolkien which has got the same tittle as the movie. This movie is a trilogy about the adventures of Frodon the Hobbit, who tries to destruct a cursed ring while people of middle-Earth are preparing the fight against the ring's owner Sauron.
This is mainly a film for men because there are lots of action and war. There is something really special in this movie, a kind of mystical touch. Plus action is really intense, there is no calm moments.
The three lord of the rings movies were made about 15 years ago but sceneries and the quality of images are still impressive compared to those of nowadays films.
You really better watch this trilogy because it is a science fiction classic, a reference in this field. So if you like SF you can't not to watch this !
All you have to do right now is to make blow the popcorn and enjoy Wink

Cédric F

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul NADEAU Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:57 pm

For my part, one of my favourites movies is Fracture. A film produced by Gregory Hoblit with in the mains roles Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling. The first one, plays the role of a millionaire (Ted Crawford) having killed his wife and believing to have relized the perfect crime. And the second plays the role of a briant deputy prosecutor (Willy Beachum) in search of nouveau challenge and promoted to a big career.
The movie is rather lively with many unexpected development. At the beginning Mr Beachum take lightly this affair but he is fast going to relize that it is not the case. This affair is going to push him into a corner. Even if everything overwhelms him no proof is able to condamne the suspect. Willy will not hesitate to put his perspectives of career development aside to nick this bastard (sorry). Begin then a game of manipulation between the both individuals.
As in all movies in which Anthony Hopkins plays he is unpleasant, irritating, self-assured and with always a head start on everybody. Faithful to himself in his rôles of nasty (I love). On the contrary Ryan Gosling has a different role than usually (for once he speaks). He embodies a man of ambition, charming and ready for anything to succed.

Paul NADEAU

Back to top Go down

Post by Ju Deshais Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:07 pm

Hi,
As benjamin, i like die hard too, but I find that there isn't veritable "story" and some stages are "too much"

For my opinion, one of my favorite movies is Pearl Harbor!
It's a movie stemming of a true storry, during second world war.
we are in 1941, the 7 of december, when japanese naval aviation attaked US naval base at Pearl Harbor on the island of Oahu, in the archipelago of the American territory of Hawaii, in the heart of the Pacific Ocean.
That surprising perfectly controled and calculated attack involved the deaths of more than 2,500 men.
I think everybody should be aware of what happened at that time, the attack was a turning point in the second Wolrd War!!
In our culture one must know it !
Moreover, this movie takes in 2001 an oscar for the best sound editing and the main actors are ben affleck, josh Hartnett and kate beckinsale (which is beautiful)!
you should see Pearl Harbor absolutely! as soon as possible
bye

Ju Deshais

Back to top Go down

Post by HOANG Thu Trang Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:31 pm

As every one has favourite movie even I too have my favourite movie. My favourite movie is "Three idiots". I just watched it last week and I can’t stop thinking about it.
This movie is a comedy of Indian cinema (Bollywood), released in 2009 and produced by Rajkumar Hirani. This is a film adaptation of the popular fiction "Five Point Someone" by Chetan Bhagat author, based on the life of the student studying at the Royal Academy of Engineering (ICE). They have circumstances, personalities and different interests. Amir Khan played Rancho who is a student liberal, intelligent, and sometimes very risky. With his personality, Rancho has a major influence to the two friends, help them dispose of fear, live true to yourself and overcome all difficulties to pursue passions.
This movie is ever green movie as it has given a good message to all the parents as well as to students. It's that a parents should not force their child to become what they wanted. Today, many of the parents want there child to become an engineer or an doctor but our parents never ask us what we wanted to become in our life. Many of student will be forced pushed into economic university, medical college or technical university by their parents. And later, they will be not able to perform well during their semester as they haven't interest in this field. So the parents will scold or curse them due to their bad performance in exams. There is huge pressure on students when they can not pursue their passions, and must to live according to the wishes of his parents. And this movie has given one more great messge to all students. You should live true to yourself and overcome all difficulties to pursue your passions

HOANG Thu Trang

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandre B Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:33 pm

I don't watch many movies but one of my favorite movie is " Scarface " directed by Brian de Palma. The main actor is Al Pacino in the role of Tony Montana, a cuban refugee and will become a powerful drug kingpin.
Throughout the movie, we can see tony Montana become a loathsome gangster but he shows some humanity when he refuses to participate in a suicide car bomb targeting a man with his wife and their two children.
this movie is very well directed, we do not see the time spent ( This film runs 170 minutes ). the soundtrack is awesome and some parts of the film are funny.
Beyond the story of the movie, several messages are passed to the viewer like the arrival of Cuban immigrants to the United States in the eighties, on drugs and their havoc, the dream of easy money etc...
This movie is a classic, and is still popular 30 years after its release.

Alexandre B

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Ramírez Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:03 am

First of all, movies, for me, are the best way of expression and they show a lot of phrase and how they can be shown.I consider that the Harry Potter saga are my favorite movies, because they represent a mystique world full of magic and unthinkable things. This secuence of movies based in the best seller's writter J. K. Rowling was highly acclaimed by the public of all ages, due that she create a universe full of characters, creatures, monsters and in itself a world of fantasy and action. Throughout movies shown how alongside muggles (humans ) live and the magical beings (witches and wizards ). This magic world has its own organization led by ministry of magic, as the same as Hogwarts school of magic and wizardry, this story is so flawless that counts with magical creatures like goblins, searchers,unicorns, dragons etc. Several of spells, magic potions and recreates in detail all elements of a parallel world, from history and characters to events and objects that only exist in the universe of Harry Potter.

Alonso Ramírez

Back to top Go down

Post by NGUYEN Hao Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:53 am

I've been watching a lot of film, every movie has a meaning to convey to the viewer. However, the film "The Da Vinci Code" is based on the novel of the same name by Dan Brown left a deep impression on me.

First, I read the book and I LOVED it; couldn't put it down. I loved the history, the speculation, the riddles and puzzles, and the masterful blend of fact and fiction. Additionally, I'm not religious, although I was fairly familiar with Christian historical icons such as Jesus before I read the book.

I went to see the movie with my friends. The visuals are stunning, the acting of Hanks and Tautou is great, I felt the emotional connection between them. The musical score was as good as the visual look of the film - it paired perfectly with the storytelling. Nothing felt missing or incomplete. Overall, I left the cinema feeling satisfied, because a great book had been turned into a really good film.

NGUYEN Hao

Back to top Go down

Post by Boudreault Kevin Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:02 pm

For my opinion, one of my favorite movies is "La Haine".
1995. Mathieu Kassovitz realizes what will surely be for always its best film. With Hatred, he gets an incredible result which he will never reiterate. A kind of magic which he still seeks to find in at the point to feel the man more frustrated in the world. Like he says it itself, he's not Steven Spielberg, he's fucking Kassovitz.

And it is precisely this aspect which makes the charm of Hatred, with certain dialogues truer than natural: “and was it which it known guy? I know more but it was known”. It made in spite of him, or perhaps consciously, a cult film. Personally I think that it is not particularly desired. He wanted to transmit a message and to make a report on the suburbs, and the cult aspect arrived as often because he was not required (except for the choice of the black and white which makes a little pretentious, but which makes finally the film timeless). The film is found in fact often funny and can be looked at several times without problem like a comic film.
In addition, it is obviously a success for the message. Everyone is of agreement on top, Hatred is the film on the suburbs. A perfect report on the situation of full with young people on other side of the ring road. The principal problem not being their violence, their debility or their lack of culture, but well the trouble. The hours ravel and they do not do anything. This trouble is indeed shown cinematographically with the idea to follow only 24:00 which appear one week with the hour which is displayed regularly. Add to that a total lack of recognition and some injustices, and all can leave in testicle quickly. In 20 years, the situation absolutely did not change and the film is always as much of news. But up to now all is well… Better how one documentary, Kassovitz succeeds in the exploit to film commuters without them being infuriating with the screen, which is not easy. Their good sides are not shown with heavinesses, like the music and the dance, left pauses in the film which are integrated perfectly in its globality.

A classic, a cult film, surely my preferred French film.

Boudreault Kevin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien R Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:14 pm

My favorite movie is "Le nom des gens". It's the story of a woman, Bahia Benmahmoud who is a sort of fighter of modern times .
She has an hippie method, she makes love rather than war and sleep with men (fascist) she meets to make them change their minds and she defined itself as a "political whore".

I love this movie because it recount painful historical pages of our country (like the Algerian war, Shoah), the duty of memory. And tells the story of our origins.
This film is burlesque, it note care about politicians and political, it speak about family secrets, difference between populations, cultures, etc.
Sometime it's sad, like the last example but in general this movie is really fun, where the moral is to advocate for openness to the world, and debate with our enemy.

Julien R

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehdi Lamri Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:16 pm

One of my favourite movie is, The good, the Bad and the Ugly, even though I am not a fan western movie . It’s the final part of the « Dollars Trilogy ». Sergio Leone is the Director and Clint Eastwood the main carachter. The three people mentioned in the title has for common goal to find a cargo of gold. The action takes place during the american civil war, and the ambience really bring us back 150 years earlier. Thanks to the sets and to the way scenes have been shot. The movie also reveals the thin frontiers between good and evil. Unlike the title suggests, charachters are not confined in their status, the Good one starred by Clint Eastwood is not respecting the law and might surprise the viewer by its sharp decisions, in a a situation where survival and wealth are the main concerns. On the other side the public will feel compassion and even pity toward « the Bad » Tuco. This confusion is explicitly transcribed in the movie. You can’t talk about this movie without mentioning the music. The soundtrack is composed by Enio Morriconne, and it sticks with the movie perfectly. I heard from the movie in 2009, with Metallica, which each live starts with a tribute to the movie.

Mehdi Lamri

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum