UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3 alternative topic - Music

+3
Merceron Nicole
Anna CLERAC
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Week 3 alternative topic - Music Empty Week 3 alternative topic - Music

Post by Admin Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:57 pm

Over to you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 3 alternative topic - Music Empty music diamonds

Post by Anna CLERAC Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:33 pm

The Diamonds Rihanna music is music that I love because I can listen at any time prior to a match, before falling asleep or in my car.
It is a rhythmic music, with beautiful words, I do not get enough.

Anna CLERAC

Back to top Go down

Week 3 alternative topic - Music Empty What's Disco ?

Post by Merceron Nicole Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:12 pm

I would like to talk about a old musical style : Disco !
It comes from the word "discotheque;" a term used to describe the nightclubs people went to during the 1960s and 70s. Disco music is meant to be danced to or to entice listeners to get up and dance. At first, disco music was enjoyed inside nightclubs, with Disc Jockeys playing and mixing songs.
Later on, the tempo of these songs became faster, the playing time longer and songs from other genres such as funk were mixed in. By the mid 1970s, disco music dominated the airwaves with these songs.
Soon, disco music could also be heard on movies further fuelling its popularity. By the 1980s, the appeal of disco music dwindled but made a comeback during the 90s.

Merceron Nicole

Back to top Go down

Week 3 alternative topic - Music Empty Re: Week 3 alternative topic - Music

Post by Admin Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:25 pm

Merceron Nicole wrote:I would like to talk about a old musical style : Disco !
It comes from the word "discotheque;" a term used to describe the nightclubs people went to during the 1960s and 70s. Disco music is meant to be danced to or to entice listeners to get up and dance. At first, disco music was enjoyed inside nightclubs, with Disc Jockeys playing and mixing songs.
Later on, the tempo of these songs became faster, the playing time longer and songs from other genres such as funk were mixed in. By the mid 1970s, disco music dominated the airwaves with these songs.
Soon, disco music could also be heard on movies further fuelling its popularity. By the 1980s, the appeal of disco music dwindled but made a comeback during the 90s.

My wife loves disco (not me). Get that Abba or Bee Gees on!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Week 3 alternative topic - Music Empty MEEETAAAAAAAAAL !

Post by JOSSE Gabriel Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:33 pm

What is metal ? It’s a degre of hardcore music. Firstly, the rock music appeared in 1950s, his origine is rockn’roll. In 1960s, Hard rock appeared, its a other form of rock. Then, appeared the Heavy Metal style.

Heavy metal is traditionally characterized by loud distorted guitars, emphatic rhythms, dense bass-and-drum sound, and vigorous vocals. Metal subgenres variously emphasize, alter, or omit one or more of these attributes. We can find a multitude of subgenres like progeressive Metal, Industrial Metal, power Metal, Death Metal, Black Metal, and so on…
On one subgenre to another, we can find big differencies. Personnaly, I enjoy listen power metal, but death metal is not my cup of tea.
Anyway, I said I like power Metal, but what is this ? It’s a genre who takes influence from heavy metal and speed metal. Some groups : Blind Guardian, HammerFall or Kamelot.

Blind Guardian is my favourite band, it’s a german band formed in middle of 1980s. They are based on Heroïc Fantasy and the world of J.R.RTolkien (writer of The lord of the rings and the hobbit) to create their music. (Enjoy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpC0nZ0EZts )

I listen other form of metal like Indistrual Metal. Rammstein is THE Band of IM. It’s a German Band too, formed in mid-1990s. It’s the most famous German Band of the world with nearly 20 millions albums sold. (Enjoy : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVTLbc6i-h_iuhdwUfuPDLFLXG2QQnz-x )

Then, an other band I like listen is Lamb Of God. I discovered this band to the Open Air Festival of Metal : The Hellfest in Clisson (near Nantes) last year. It’s an American groove Metal band. It is considerate like a band who influe the movement of New Wave of American Heavy Metal. It’s a very special music because the voice of the singer is… strange. (Enjoy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgkt4S2Bh_s )

To wrote about the Hellfest, Blind Guardian and Rammstein are in the list to play this year. But, I’m so sad, I couldn’t buy a ticket.  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad
It’s one of most biggest festival in France and one of most biggest metal festival in Europe ! It welcomes more than 150 000 peoples in 3 days. It’s composed of 7 scenes !

Finally, during a period, I sought other band of metal, and I found a Japaneese Nu Metal Band. It’s Maximum The Hormone. It’s very special, particularly their music videos… (Enjoy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YV6IJLoBv4 ) Just, Why they did that ! Just What the hell ?! Just one answer : JAAPAAAN !

These Bands are not the most famous (except Rammstein) in the universe of Metal. The headliners are Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Motörhead (RIP lemmy)…

To conclude, just one sentence : Glory to the metal ! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

JOSSE Gabriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:27 am

JOSSE Gabriel wrote:What is metal ? It’s a degre of hardcore music. Firstly, the rock music appeared in 1950s, his origine is rockn’roll. In 1960s, Hard rock appeared, its a other form of rock. Then, appeared the Heavy Metal style.

Heavy metal is traditionally characterized by loud distorted guitars, emphatic rhythms, dense bass-and-drum sound, and vigorous vocals. Metal subgenres variously emphasize, alter, or omit one or more of these attributes. We can find a multitude of subgenres like progeressive Metal, Industrial Metal, power Metal, Death Metal, Black Metal, and so on…
On one subgenre to another, we can find big differencies. Personnaly, I enjoy listen power metal, but death metal is not my cup of tea.
Anyway, I said I like power Metal, but what is this ? It’s a genre who takes influence from heavy metal and speed metal. Some groups : Blind Guardian, HammerFall or Kamelot.

Blind Guardian is my favourite band, it’s a german band formed in middle of 1980s. They are based on Heroïc Fantasy and the world of J.R.RTolkien (writer of The lord of the rings and the hobbit) to create their music. (Enjoy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpC0nZ0EZts )

I listen other form of metal like Indistrual Metal. Rammstein is THE Band of IM. It’s a German Band too, formed in mid-1990s. It’s the most famous German Band of the world with nearly 20 millions albums sold. (Enjoy : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVTLbc6i-h_iuhdwUfuPDLFLXG2QQnz-x )

Then, an other band I like listen is Lamb Of God. I discovered this band to the Open Air Festival of Metal : The Hellfest in Clisson (near Nantes) last year. It’s an American groove Metal band. It is considerate like a band who influe the movement of New Wave of American Heavy Metal. It’s a very special music because the voice of the singer is… strange. (Enjoy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgkt4S2Bh_s )

To wrote about the Hellfest, Blind Guardian and Rammstein are in the list to play this year. But, I’m so sad, I couldn’t buy a ticket.  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad
It’s one of most biggest festival in France and one of most biggest metal festival in Europe ! It welcomes more than 150 000 peoples in 3 days. It’s composed of 7 scenes !

Finally, during a period, I sought other band of metal, and I found a Japaneese Nu Metal Band. It’s Maximum The Hormone. It’s very special, particularly their music videos… (Enjoy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YV6IJLoBv4 ) Just, Why they did that ! Just What the hell ?! Just one answer : JAAPAAAN !

These Bands are not the most famous (except Rammstein) in the universe of Metal. The headliners are Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Motörhead (RIP lemmy)…

To conclude, just one sentence : Glory to the metal ! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I like Blind Guardian but I prefer my metal to be more progressive. Angra, Vanden Plas and especially Ayreon. Overall I prefer Prog Rock but Ayreon are fantastic.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Week 3 alternative topic - Music Empty RAMMSTEIN

Post by Ilona Pradier Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Well, I see Gabriel went faster than me, but I also have to talk about the German band, Rammstein.
This is my favorite band, EVER.
The German language, is for a majority of people "ugly", but I think it's just different from what one usually hears. I find their songs sounds very very good, and I really love it.
Their style is very "brutal" and they have the habit of using pyrotechnics on stage, that make their concerts even more spectacular.
Moreover, they are not reluctant to make songs very "provocative" and sometimes seek to shock, which makes them even more interesting for me.

I really like also Marilyn Manson, or the alternative metal like System of a Down or Slipknot.
I like very much also differents kind of rock, with bands like AC/DC, Nirvana or Queen of the Stone Age.

And even if I have a weakness for the metal, I like almost all genres. I listen to especially a lot of reggae, with for example, Mellow Mood, Dub Incorporation or Naâman.

To finish, I can't talk about music without Eminem, one of my favorite singer too.

Actually, I could spend days talking about that because I listen to music almost H24, and I am sure to forget so many bands that it hurts my heart, aha Laughing

Ilona Pradier

Back to top Go down

Week 3 alternative topic - Music Empty My plays of the moment

Post by Chloé Demeersseman Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:58 am

The music is super important to me, even essential. I listen all the time. I think it allows opening a large field emotional kind of like a film (whatever the genre / style). In short this is art ! ^^ For now I listen to a lot of rap even if basically I listen to everything. So I 'll just say that I listen to rap. I listen Cecil Otter I love their instrumental and their universe. I also listen Nekfeu , I loved not at first because I had only heard its most "known" song but when I dug a little I really appreciated his pen and of course also instumental. I also listen Kendrick Lamar that I discovered recently. I also like Mac Miller,Foxy Brown, Keny Arkana, Kid Cudi , two of three Chason Orelsan, MIA (who cope with everything, this makes think about Santigold even if this is not strictly speaking rap and Azealia Banks too!!!), The Lady Of Rage, Jean Grae, JP MANOVA, Ana Tijoux, Casey, Iggy Azalea, Eminem (of course !!!)...
Here is ! Surprised

Chloé Demeersseman

Back to top Go down

Week 3 alternative topic - Music Empty Disco again

Post by Lou Jussaume Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:48 pm

Oh yes ! Your wife and Nicole have excellent taste in music, I agree! This may be more eye-catching to female ears like music style. The disco has revolutionized the dance floor, you can't deny that the outfits are great, the bell-bottom pants, glitters, hair cutting banana shaped ... It's a way of life, the brushings should take a lot of time in the morning. Bee Gees, Earth wind and fire, Donna Summer, Gloria Gaynor, M Bonney, Chic, to sing by car there is no better!

Lou Jussaume

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down