UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead of Summer

2 posters

Go down

Dead of Summer Empty Dead of Summer

Post by Maïa HERVE Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:18 pm

Dead of Summer is a new American supernatural horror television series which premiered on June 28,2016. The first season, and the only one for now, is made of 10 episodes lasting about 42 minutes each.

The plot is pretty simple: the story is set in 1989 and a group of teenagers volunteers to help reopen Stillwater, the camp where they used to spend their summer when they were kids. What they don't know is that Stillwater has a dark past, full of satanist rituals and mass murders...(The camp is next to a forest and if you want my opinion, everything that happens in or near a forest is no good).

I've only watched the first episode so far, but I'm already starting the second one. The first episode introduces the story and at the end of it, most characters start seeing strange things,and it seems like each and everyone of them has a dark side and heavy secrets to bear.

Maïa HERVE

Back to top Go down

Dead of Summer Empty Re: Dead of Summer

Post by Admin Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:42 pm

I look forward to hearing what you think about the progression.

Is it a "young person" type series or do you think age doesn't matter?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Maïa HERVE Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:52 pm

Well, because of the age of the main characters I would tend to say it is a "young person" type series (first love stories, first kisses...). However, if we ignore the age of the characters I think the plot and the way it's filmed is adapted to all ages (the atmosphere reminds me a little bit of the Stranger Things series).

Maïa HERVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:54 pm

first love (john vomits)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Maïa HERVE Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:19 pm

Hahaha it's not the main subject of the series thanks god :p I like a little romance in my series, but not too much (otherwise I would watch romantic series right away).

Maïa HERVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Maïa HERVE Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:29 pm

Reporting!

I've already watched the whole series so I'm just going to say what I thought of it and move onto the next one!

Dead of Summer was pretty good. The initial plot wasn't anything special (teenagers in a camp in the middle of a forest sheltering an evil entity), but the personality of each character was really well made! Lots of details about their life, they all had a very specific atmosphere attached to them.
Spoiler:
I think most teenagers watching the series could recognize themselves in one character or the other.
After the 8th episode I was starting to get a little bored by the story... But here enters ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING PLOT TWIST I'VE EVER SEEN! (at least it was amazing for me :p )
Spoiler:

To put it in a nutshell: Nice plot. Nice characters with detailed personal stories. Amazing plot twist after the 8th episode.

Maïa HERVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum