UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horace and Pete

2 posters

Go down

Horace and Pete Empty Horace and Pete

Post by MU Jiejie Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:19 pm

Horace and Pete is an American series which premiered on January 30,2016. Until now, there is only one season (10 episodes).

The story is set in a run-down bar called Horace and Pete's in Brooklyn, New York. The bar was started by Horace in 1916 and he operated with his cousin Pete.  Since then, the bar has been passed down from generations to generations, always with a Horace and a Pete in charge. The current owners are the 49-year-old Horace Wittel VIII and his 52-year-old cousin Pete.  

In fact, this is a tragedy and I can feel the contradictions and the pains of these characters when I watched the first episode. Horace is divorced and has a frosty relationship with his children. He is always in contact with his son (Horace Wittel IX) who refuses all contact with him. And Pete don't know that his biological father is Uncle Pete until right now.  Besides, he suffers a mental illness so that he has to depend on a drug called " probitol".  As for the 100-years-old bar, the watered wine is served, which is accepted by the customers.

At the last of the first episode,  the older sister of Horace asks to take control of business because of their bad management. What's the future of this old bar?  I don't know. But I believe that the bar is still in charge by Horace and Pete.

It makes me sad by the way, maybe I need a drink next time.

MU Jiejie

Back to top Go down

Horace and Pete Empty Re: Horace and Pete

Post by Admin Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:17 am

Is it really a comedy?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by MU Jiejie Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:06 pm

Admin wrote:Is it really a comedy?

in fact, this is a tragedy rather than a comedy or called the most tragic comedy

MU Jiejie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum