UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wayward Pines

2 posters

Go down

Wayward Pines Empty Wayward Pines

Post by Maïa HERVE Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:02 pm

Hello ^^

I've started a new series, it's called Wayward Pines (as you could probably tell from the title...) and the first two episodes are amazingly catchy!

Here is the plot: Ethan Burke is a U.S. Secret Service agent investigating the case of two fellow agents that disappeared in a small town called Wayward Pines, Idaho. On his way there, Ethan is involved in a car accident and find himself unable to contact the outside world and unable to leave the town.

This series reminds me of The Truman Show as the inhabitants of Wayward Pines are trapped there by an electrified fence. The difference is that they all know they're trapped but they chose to live as if everything was normal, as any attempt to escape is punished by what is called a "reckoning" (in short: someone discovers that you're trying to escape, they ring the alarm and the entire town start to hunt you down. When they've got you, you're executed in public by the sheriff).

I'd say that it's definitely a grown-up kind of story, you might wanna check this one out John!

Maïa HERVE

Back to top Go down

Wayward Pines Empty Re: Wayward Pines

Post by Admin Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:20 am

I think I watched the first episode a couple if years ago. If I remember it seemed a bit "Stepford wives". I know a lot of people who think it's great but I never watched another episode. I think the fact he hadn't worked out that things were illogical in the first episode bugged me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Maïa HERVE Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Ah.. And here I thought I had found a series you might actually like haha

Maïa HERVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:21 pm

Maybe I would if I'd given it more time.

I've just watched the first three episodes of Stranger Things and I'm enjoying that. I'd better comment in the thread but if you haven't watched it I think you'd like it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Maïa HERVE Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:10 pm

Oops, I hadn't seen your last message! I've already watched Stranger Things actually, it was really nice!

Maïa HERVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum