UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new challenge ... could you live without your smartphone for a whole week ?

+3
CamilaCristanchoDuque
Anaël Maublanc
Habibakhairy
7 posters

Go down

A new challenge ... could you live without your smartphone for a whole week ? Empty A new challenge ... could you live without your smartphone for a whole week ?

Post by Habibakhairy Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:42 pm

Well to begin the challenge , who is capable of giving up his phone for a week guys?

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

A new challenge ... could you live without your smartphone for a whole week ? Empty Re: A new challenge ... could you live without your smartphone for a whole week ?

Post by Anaël Maublanc Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:09 am

Hey !! Well I think I will not able to stay without my phone more than 2 days ^^ because we are always connected to internet and social network. The only time I have to give up my phone was in holidays on another country where I haven't network connection but I used it to take photos soo... :/ It's a custom of life now and take your phone is one of the first things we think the morning or when we leave home.

Anaël Maublanc

Back to top Go down

A new challenge ... could you live without your smartphone for a whole week ? Empty Re: A new challenge ... could you live without your smartphone for a whole week ?

Post by CamilaCristanchoDuque Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:58 am

Habibakhairy wrote:Well to begin the challenge , who is capable of giving up his phone for a week guys?

Nooo! I can't...
Actually, the last week-end my telephone fell into the train's WC…I didn’t the time to pick it up!! My telephone was in the rails!!! 
I want to die because I had all kind of information in it. My credit card pass (actually all kind of passwords) photos, all my favorite games…It was very sad. I feel like a little lost baby !!

CamilaCristanchoDuque

Back to top Go down

A new challenge ... could you live without your smartphone for a whole week ? Empty This is sad

Post by Habibakhairy Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:08 pm

This is really sad Camila Sad sorry for your loss. yea i mean we are attached to it because on one hand we have to be conected to social media and on the other hand it is like a flash memory where we store every memory ( photos) , documents , screenshots and pretty much everything.

CamilaCristanchoDuque wrote:
Habibakhairy wrote:Well to begin the challenge , who is capable of giving up his phone for a week guys?

Nooo! I can't...
Actually, the last week-end my telephone fell into the train's WC…I didn’t the time to pick it up!! My telephone was in the rails!!! 
I want to die because I had all kind of information in it. My credit card pass (actually all kind of passwords) photos, all my favorite games…It was very sad. I feel like a little lost baby !!

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

A new challenge ... could you live without your smartphone for a whole week ? Empty Yes

Post by Habibakhairy Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:17 pm

well i guess you are not the only one that will not be able to stay without it Anael, but the whole idea of the challenge is just to highlight the fact that we can't and we are somehow addicted to it. we are more engaged to new technologies and advanced options. we all see the bright side of being connected and advanced in our life style but no one is interested about the amount of damage that this electronic device could generate.

Anaël Maublanc wrote:Hey !! Well I think I will not able to stay without my phone more than 2 days ^^ because we are always connected to internet and social network. The only time I have to give up my phone was in holidays on another country where I haven't network connection but I used it to take photos soo... :/ It's a custom of life now and take your phone is one of the first things we think the morning or when we leave home.

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

A new challenge ... could you live without your smartphone for a whole week ? Empty Facts

Post by Habibakhairy Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:31 pm

Mobile phones use transmitting radio waves through a series of base stations where radiofrequency waves are electromagnetic fields that cannot break chemical bonds or cause ionization in the human body, says the World Health Organization (WHO).
Adults and especially children can suffer the long-term effects of radiation waves on the brain. "Young children particularly need to be careful," Dr. Devra Davis, director for environmental oncology at the University of Pittsburgh, told CNN.com. "We do not have enough information nor do we have enough time to be sure that cell phones are safe, and there's reason for concern that they may be harmful," she said. The University of Pittsburgh also warned its faculty and staff to limit their cell phone use due to the possible cancer risks.
Don't gamble on your life, and learn about the reasons why increased cell phone use can have short-term and long-term effects on your health
Do you think that this could change your mind about the challenge ?

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:26 pm

I go for months at a time without using a mobile phone. I must be old. And have no friends.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Anaël Maublanc Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:39 pm

habibakhairy wrote:Mobile phones use transmitting radio waves through a series of base stations where radiofrequency waves are electromagnetic fields that cannot break chemical bonds or cause ionization in the human body, says the World Health Organization (WHO).
Adults and especially children can suffer the long-term effects of radiation waves on the brain. "Young children particularly need to be careful," Dr. Devra Davis, director for environmental oncology at the University of Pittsburgh, told CNN.com. "We do not have enough information nor do we have enough time to be sure that cell phones are safe, and there's reason for concern that they may be harmful," she said. The University of Pittsburgh also warned its faculty and staff to limit their cell phone use due to the possible cancer risks.
Don't gamble on your life, and learn about the reasons why increased cell phone use can have short-term and long-term effects on your health
Do you think that this could change your mind about the challenge ?

Yes it makes me scared when I m reading all this negative effects on our brain and human body but I think it's something which is impossible to see for us and this is the reason why we don't feel concerned, I mean radio waves are invisible and it's difficult to imagine their effects, when we're using our phone we don't think about them because we can't control them. It's the same thing when we're eating Nutella, everyone knows it contains harmful ingredients which cause cancer risks... or maybe we think this kind of problem happened to others and not to us.

Anaël Maublanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Habibakhairy Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:12 pm

Admin wrote:I go for months at a time without using a mobile phone. I must be old. And have no friends.

well , i have created a facebook account last month, i can imagine how you feel john

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloïse B Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:30 am

That would be so sad to give up our phones, how would we meet at night? When there's nothing planned, and suddenly a party! Just for that this era is certainly more fun than the ones before. And we would need so many devices to compensate! A watch, an alarm clock, a gameboy, a GPS... or worse, a map !

Eloïse B

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:21 am

Eloïse B wrote:That would be so sad to give up our phones, how would we meet at night? When there's nothing planned, and suddenly a party! Just for that this era is certainly more fun than the ones before. And we would need so many devices to compensate! A watch, an alarm clock, a gameboy, a GPS... or worse, a map !

A brain, some creativity... Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloïse B Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:41 pm

Admin wrote:
Eloïse B wrote:That would be so sad to give up our phones, how would we meet at night? When there's nothing planned, and suddenly a party! Just for that this era is certainly more fun than the ones before. And we would need so many devices to compensate! A watch, an alarm clock, a gameboy, a GPS... or worse, a map !

A brain, some creativity... Laughing

You know you would be just like us if you had grown up with smartphones Razz

Eloïse B

Back to top Go down

Post by Habibakhairy Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:50 pm

Back then , my mother told me a lot and i bet they were having even much more fun than we do nowadays, and it's probably because they didn't grown up with smartphones. They grew up surrounded by parks, playgrounds, sporting clubs, parties and tones of activities.
for me smartphones destroy not only every sociable opportunity but also the enjoyable moments we could have in our lives. we keep our heads down looking to a screen while we are missing so much around us " if we just keep our heads up high". this is the sad truth Sad
I can see the advantages on the one hand but the inconvenient are much stronger on the other hand.It's sad to see the kids sited with iPads rather than climbing a tree or even making a sand castle.

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde V. Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:51 am

Hi guys! I don't think I'm able to leave without a smartphone now, that's for sure. I deleted my French number before leaving to Poland. When I came back, I had no number, and actually my phone died with a lot of data impossible to save back and that of course the second day of holidays. What's the plan after when you are abroad, with no phone, no camera and no internet to say to my mom “Everything is fine»! Hopefully my boyfriend had one so my mom didn't spend the worse 2 weeks stressed by not knowing where I was. But this is a small example. Now we simply don't have the choice to have a phone (with a phone number) if we want to find a job or a flat, and even to buy a phone you need a phone number! So I think that’s possible to leave without a phone today only if you leave in a little cottage in the middle of the forest, a bit like a hippie, like Piper’s brother in Orange is the new black for people who knows Smile

Mathilde V.

Back to top Go down

A new challenge ... could you live without your smartphone for a whole week ? Empty my phone is a part my body ;)

Post by Madagascan Lorriane Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:42 am

It is really difficult to get rid of our phones since, beside internet and all, they are principally used to call friends or family when you are in need. Imagine, like yesterday Wink, you are alone outside at night, an unsafe place, you get attacked what would be your final resort ??

I won't get rid of my phone guys, it's a matter of life or death ! Laughing

Madagascan Lorriane

Birthday : 1992-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Habibakhairy Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:46 am

mverron wrote:Hi guys! I don't think I'm able to leave without a smartphone now, that's for sure. I deleted my French number before leaving to Poland. When I came back, I had no number, and actually my phone died with a lot of data impossible to save back and that of course the second day of holidays. What's the plan after when you are abroad, with no phone, no camera and no internet to say to my mom “Everything is fine»! Hopefully my boyfriend had one so my mom didn't spend the worse 2 weeks stressed by not knowing where I was. But this is a small example. Now we simply don't have the choice to have a phone (with a phone number) if we want to find a job or a flat, and even to buy a phone you need a phone number! So I think that’s possible to leave without a phone today only if you leave in a little cottage in the middle of the forest, a bit like a hippie, like Piper’s brother in Orange is the new black for people who knows Smile

You got a point ... i am just wondering how they did manged that back then ? it was nearly the same with all phone numbers i guess Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down