UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4 Travel, holidays or the presentations you watched this week.

+12
Soumia KADDOUR-BETCHIM
Nadir
FOURNIER Corentin
Teddy Gallois
Arthur Dubourg
Jean Dufour
Hugo Martin
Pierre Gervais
Sterling Archer
Gabrielle Mesmin
Jérémy Doyen
Admin
16 posters

Go down

Week 4 Travel, holidays or the presentations you watched this week. Empty Week 4 Travel, holidays or the presentations you watched this week.

Post by Admin Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:50 pm

We didn't choose a topic in class so being as you presented countries perhaps you can tell me stories about your trips, your dream destinations or your nightmare holidays or simply comment on some of the presentations you watched.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 4 Travel, holidays or the presentations you watched this week. Empty Re: Week 4 Travel, holidays or the presentations you watched this week.

Post by Jérémy Doyen Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:08 am

Hi,

My dream destinations are United States. I would like live during few month in America later. In my opinion, live in America will be an opportunity for my job. I want to be a financial manager and I could learn faster in America with this big financial capital like Wall Street.

This summer, I went in Corsica, I visited the South of this island. I visited Bonifaccio, Porto Vecchio, Lavezzi Iceland and many villages. My prefer city is Bonifaccio, it's just beautiful with the cilff and the port. Incidentally, I see crazy boat, big and spacious boat and fishing boat.This trip was wonderful ! I want already to return in Corsica, but this time, I would like visit the north with Ajaccio, Calvi and Bastia.

Good week !

Jérémy Doyen

Back to top Go down

Week 4 Travel, holidays or the presentations you watched this week. Empty Re: Week 4 Travel, holidays or the presentations you watched this week.

Post by Gabrielle Mesmin Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:07 pm

Hi,

I want to tell you a story about a trip I took, three years ago. It’s my favourite travel, that’s a school trip to China. During two weeks, I went to three big city with my Chinese class : Shanghai, Nanchang and Pékin. China is a beautiful country, where the history has an outstanding place, of course I visited several wonderfull historic site like the Great Wall, the Forbidden City or many temples.

But what shocks me during this trip is not the physically beauty of the places but the cultural aspect. Indeed, even if people stay at home they can learn about what’s in the world, through the media (internet, TV,…). I think that the most enriching when people travel, is not the material aspect to see a lot of tourist sites, but it’s exchanges of cultures. I traveled in some Europeans country, when I came from Europe I was pleasantly surprised to meet with chineses.

It was interesting and fun to see as many cultural differences. During one week we have studied Chinese in the University of Nanchang. We met with a lot of chineses students, and some of them are today still our friends.

That’s why my dream is to be able to fly around the world to discover cultures and way of life.

Bye Smile 我爱中国人, 再见

Gabrielle Mesmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Archer Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:18 pm

Hi !
About my different trip, I went to England, Spain, Andorra, Hungary, Slovakia and Italia. Travelling isn’t my first hobby. I appreciate it, but I can do without.

My favorite places are England and Eastern Europe. In France, I travel many times in Savoie, I love this region. I think that there are many wonderful places in France to visit before travelling the world.
I went to Paris with my class in lower sixth form class (1ère), and it was awesome. It’s fun to travel with our mates! I went to Vendée with 3 friends and it was also the fire! We had fun going together for vacations!

A lot of people appreciate to go in Spain, but I don’t really like this country, I think it’s overrated! In addition, I’m not a beach boy, I’m a mountain guy who likes the cold. That’s why we presented Iceland this week, because it’s the kind of country who attracted me, just like Canada. I’m not looking for big cities, it’s not for me, I don’t like having lots of people around me. Maybe NYC because it's the big city, It could be interesting to visit its differents places. I like tranquility that we can find in Iceland or in New-Zealand (my dream).

Bye!
Sterling Archer
Sterling Archer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Gervais Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:54 pm

Hello everybody,

I'll speak about the places I really would like to go :

- Japan, because I just love japanese culture like mangas, but also their History, how they evolved. I'm fond of samouraïs, ninjas, all those things. Moreover the country seems to be very beautiful and varied in terms of landscape. You can see big cities such as old temples from feudal japan. So I really like to go there, this is one of my main future destination.
- Netherlands, because I know some people that went there and all of them have kept very good memories. The country seems to be really peaceful with all those bikes and weed. Furthermore it's not that expensive and we are almost next to it.
- Nothern European countries (Finland, Denmark, Sweden...) because the landscapes look very beautiful and I'd like to see them by myself. Moreover their culture is different, the wildlife and the flaure attract me. I'd really like to go there for like a year or a semester at least.
Pierre Gervais
Pierre Gervais

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Martin Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:31 pm

Hi,

I went to London few years ago and there, I discovered the craziest store I've ever seen. Shocked
It's called "Cyberdog" and takes place in camden town, an underground neighbourhood from London because it is the hood of gothic,punk and alternatives culture. You can find rare CD, quirkly clothes and stuff over there.
Then, When you come in Cyberdog, you have the impression to be in a night club, it's dark with flashy colours and mainly, a loud electro music. They sell clothes for clubbers and insane accessories. I had a great time inside Cool Cool this picture is a little overview of the shop.

Bye

Week 4 Travel, holidays or the presentations you watched this week. Cyberdog
Hugo Martin
Hugo Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jean Dufour Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:08 pm

Hello everyone.
Personnally I'd travel last year in Belfast, Northern Ireland and it's really an amazing city. It was in december, just before christmas, and it was beautiful.
I did a trip in bus around the city, like an old lady, but there was no roof on the bus, it was freezing outside and a magical thing happenned: It was at the same time the best and the worst Bus trip I've ever made.
But seriously I'd really love to live there for a year or maybe more. I think we're going to live there with my girlfriend because it's such an amazing place. I think I've never met so many nice people in the same spot.
The only thing that could annoy me is the big religion spirit there, because it's really particular.
But Northern Ireland have such an difficult history that it's difficult to not fall in love with this part of UK.
Jean Dufour
Jean Dufour

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Dubourg Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:00 am

My trip to VANUATU

Hi friends !

So we have to speak about travels. Good topic ! I am lucky, i visted a lot of countries : Spain, Portugal, Croatia, Thailand, Australia, New-Zeland, Vanuatu, Reunion Island and lived two years in New-Caledonia. I will tell the most signifacant travel in my view : my trip to Vanuatu. I was young, fifteen years old, but i keep always all the good moments. This travel was a really a great human experience. Due to, even though the peple are "poor", they are really happy. During my trip i visited 3 Islands : Santos, Etafe and Tanna.

Etafe is the Island where the capitale-city is situated : Port-villa. This city is not really a nice place due to he it rained massyvely. Hopefully i spend only 2 days in this place.

Then I was in Santos, the biggest Island of Vanuatu. It is a savage island where cannibalism still exist in some tribes. Where the inhabitants lived almost naked.I loved swining in blue whole. These are natural creationformed by springs of fresh pure water rising to the surface cutting out a deep hole in the limestone. We visited also a tribe, Port-Olry. This ex- french city is a dream, really ! The beach is nice, food also and the receiving is amazing.

I visited also Tanna, a "black" island due to this Island receives one of the world's most active volcanoes. It s really impressive owing to he stands up in the middle of the tropical forest. And it is really active ! We have the right to climb the volcanoe and to observe the two magma lakes. The earth trembles all the times because the explosions of magma are continuous.

This trip was amazing and i hope to come back in this country.

Hugs and kisses !

Arthur Dubourg

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Gallois Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:19 am

Hi,

I want to talk about my summer holidays 2015 because I realized a fun project with my best friend. We decided in  January 2015 that we would go to Portugal in moped (mobylette!) !! So during 5 month we have restored two mopeds in poor condition, of the engine to the paint. And after long months of preparation, we left for a month in the direction of Portugal. Obviously, nothing happened as planned! On the first evening, I broke down... But the next day we were able to repair the problem in sweltering heat. Despite the many breakdowns, we went to Biarritz a week later. We stopped a few days to enjoy the beach.
The biggest problems started when we started crossing Pyrénnées. Indeed, mopeds don't like to cross, the engines are not powerful enough for climbs with the baggage weight. So, that was really complicated to arrive on the other side. We lost a lot of time but also moral. That why we decided to join a small Spanish coastal town, Bermeo, on the north of Bilbao. We stayed there a week before to turn back. We have met fewer problems in return, we came back slowly but surely.

That was a really good experience, with lot of met and  peal of memories.

Week 4 Travel, holidays or the presentations you watched this week. 20150710

Teddy Gallois

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:23 pm

Laughing A month in Portugal without even reaching there.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FOURNIER Corentin Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:06 pm

hi,

I had travel in Copenhague one week in may 2016 with friends and it was a great experience! We stayed in youth hostel, in a dormitory with american and english people. Atmosphere in is place was really cool, everyone spoke to each other even if we didn't have the same nationality. Each morning we left the youth hostel unrestrainedly, we just had to feel good, to discover and to chill out. Moreover this city is beautifull and funny, it look like to Amsterdam with there canals and there cyclists.
In my opinion, danish people have a sweet life, people are friendly and it's a country more libertarian than France, nevertheless there have much less crimes and policemen in the street than in big cities in France.

FOURNIER Corentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nadir Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:33 pm

What's up evrybody

Hope u have an amazing day because i have an amazing day

So today I gonna speak about a memory. 7 or 8 years ago I went in Algeria during the summer holidays. It was so great to see my family and my cousin. I remember an evening there were no body in my grand pa villa (i use villa because my gran pa home is huge ). There were only me, my sister and my cousin. Midnight there were nobody, we started to tell stories, stories that are very afraid. Then we heard someone going up stairs. We were very afraid. we decided to hide. Then the door slowly wate, and we heard footseps. We were very afraid and my sister (lil bit crazy) told us "I count to 3 and we catch him" , my cousin and I hesitated, but finally we decided to go out our hiding, and we saw our grand ma furious against us because we afraid her!
She came back of a wedding Wink

Nadir

Back to top Go down

Post by Soumia KADDOUR-BETCHIM Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I had the chance to travel to different countries (thank's God !), discover new cultures. But there are still many countries that I would viste and make my own opinion. Such as the United States or the countries of Asia. But I admit to have some apprehension on Asian countries but go in adventure can only be positive and a good experience.

However, there is a destination that I will never weary: ALGERIA ! I love you Very Happy

Soumia KADDOUR-BETCHIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Gourbeau Iolina Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi,
I want to tell you a story about my travel in Sri-Lanka. It was the greatest trip I have done. I visited an elephant orphanage and I was in the water with an elephant. Anyway, one day during the trip, my parents woke us up at night. After 1 hour drive, we arrived in a place of pilgrimage named Adam's peak at 2 am. It is a Hindu pilgrimage that takes place during the night to reach the temple at the top of the hill at sunrise. We began to walk but there were 50,000 steps……... After 3 hours walking, I was too tired so I stopped at a store that was by the same occasion the home of a family. I fell asleep. My parents continued and picked me up after. Finally I had only 30 minutes before arriving at the temple and I did not see the sunrise.... What a disappointment ….
But my travel was wonderful and I was disoriented. I met different people who live with great simplicity. I would like to go to India later because I am fascinated by this country.
During my latest holiday I have been in Portugal because my family lives there. So, I went to my small village to see my grandparents and my cousins. Then, I went to Nazarré to go to the beach and Lisbon during a week. I return to Portugal in December.

Gourbeau Iolina

Back to top Go down

Post by cyprien gorrin Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:45 pm

Hi everyone,

I went in a few countries like spain or italy but the country that most impressed me is Egypt. I saw an incredible number of magnificent landscapes. I saw the Valley of the Kings, the Pyramids of kheops and Gizeh which are really impressive. I also crossed the Nile where I navigated between crocodiles.I also visited the Cairo Museum with the treasure of Toutankamon I even could see real mummies.I also went in the souk of Cairo, before that I had never seen so many people in one place, if you lose sight your group it is almost impossible to find them.
In Italy I have visited the city of Turin and I have been many times in Spain for alcohol and cigarettes but also for holidays to Saint Sebastien.I also go to Holland in a week in Amsterdam for 4 days.

cyprien gorrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laure Escapoulade Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:43 pm

Hi !
Personnally, I have already traveled with my family in different countries like Tunisia, Spain, Portugal, Italy … I liked so much discover all these spaces, but it were often so short and with parent we can’t always do what you want.
So now I am great and I can choice where, how, what I do during my trip. Moreover, there are many countries I would like visited or maybe living over there. I think it needs more than 1or 2 week to discovered all things the country can offer. Among countries I would like to see at least one time in my life there are Canada, New Zeland, Irland, Iceland and maybe Peru. Why these countries? Because I like so much natural big space particularly mountains, lakes and forests. I like photography to. And travelling is perfect to practice and bring back wonderful memories.
This dream will soon begin because with university I will gone to Canada! And I could bring back a lot of photos of these beautiful landscapes.
Have a good night everyone !

Laure Escapoulade

Back to top Go down

Post by Coralie Ecoto Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:47 am

Hi !

A place where I really want to go is Japan because it's really like an other world. I'm fascinated by he fact that Japan is a strict country (for exemple you havn't the right to be fat...) but the strangest things I saw in my life come from Japan. I really like this contradiction. I really like mangas too because japanese have the capacity to take something simple, like just eat, make it in an incredible way and begining something interesant.

Coralie Ecoto

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:06 am

Coralie Ecoto wrote:Hi !

A place where I really want to go is Japan because it's really like an other world. I'm fascinated by he fact that Japan is a strict country (for exemple you havn't the right to be fat...) but the strangest things I saw in my life come from Japan. I really like this contradiction. I really like mangas too because japanese have the capacity to take something simple, like just eat, make it in an incredible way and begining something interesant.

Hi Coralie,

How do you explain Sumo if people can't be fat?

Is there a link between posting at 3am and not being in class? Evil or Very Mad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down