UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks to the science, the handicapped person can practice sports.

3 posters

Go down

Thanks to the science, the handicapped person can practice sports.  Empty Thanks to the science, the handicapped person can practice sports.

Post by Manon Lopez Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:24 am

Hi everyone!

Today I am going to speak about assistive tech to help paralysed. In the BBC we can see a man with a paralysing disease who use a particular bicycle to continue to practice sport. He is paraplegic and he can’t move, but with new technologies he can have an activity, and more particularly bicycle. To help him, the science proposes a system who allows him to move his legs to pedal. But the science has also proposed a bicycle adapted to this handicap in combine with the technology attached to his body. Thanks to that, he has a bicycle which allows him to pedal with his hands when he is exhausted to use his legs.

I think it’s a great idea because without this news technologies the people who suffer from an accident or a disease can keep practicing sport. It’s also important for the people who practice many sports that they don’t lose this important part of their life. It also gives a chance to the people who are born handicapped to discover sport. To my mind the handicapped Olympic game is very good for those people. It’s meant to promote handicapped sport and encourage the scientist to seek new technologies to help those people to continue their sports and inform the healthy person about the courage of this athlete.

For that reason, I think it’s really important that the medias talk about this topic, and the event that exist for those people. Everyone can participate to help the handicapped to improve their life condition with donation, volunteering or participate in science research.

Manon Lopez

Back to top Go down

Thanks to the science, the handicapped person can practice sports.  Empty Re: Thanks to the science, the handicapped person can practice sports.

Post by Florian MICHEL Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:31 am

It's a really nice subject Manon ! Especially that this year Paralympic Games was completely transmitted at TV in a lot of country. It's the first time Paralympic Games have this extent.

Media speaks more and more about this subject and it's really good to sensitize people.

Florian MICHEL

Back to top Go down

Thanks to the science, the handicapped person can practice sports.  Empty Re: Thanks to the science, the handicapped person can practice sports.

Post by Admin Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:29 am

Technology is amazing in this sphere. I'm even more impressed with the technology which allows total paraplegics to use their minds to control their environment.

However, a little controversial question, should we be expending so much money, especially in these days of social welfare financial restrictions, to help the few when the money could be used to help the many? Even more delicate - should some people with extreme problems be helped to die peacefully and we concentrate on helping the many? An Ethical conundrum for you?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down