UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Family

+3
Noémie Pieruccioni
TATIANA PICQ
Candy Kouadio
7 posters

Go down

Modern Family  Empty Modern Family

Post by Candy Kouadio Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:24 pm

I don't know if you know but I if you don't know... SEE IT !!! Very Happy
It's a funny series.
Modern family is the story of one family.
- Pritchette family with Jay who is married with a Colombian woman who have at least 20 years less than him and Many her son.
- Dumphy family with the Jay's daughter: Claire, her husband (Phil) and their 3 children.
- Pritchett-Tucker family with Mitchell (the Claire's brother) and Cameron. It's a homosexual couple who adopted a baby in China.
This series is originally because it's filmed as a documentary. It's not as "Big Bang Theory" or "Friends" for example because it's a funny series but without laugh of public.
Moreover, this series show an actual family, modern and recomposed with a grand father who is married with a young foreigner woman and homosexual couple with a Chinese baby.
So this series reflect the actual world in a humor touch.

So, Have fun Smile Smile
Candy Kouadio
Candy Kouadio

Back to top Go down

Modern Family  Empty Re: Modern Family

Post by TATIANA PICQ Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:06 am

I love this TV series, it's so funny!. Every thursday morning i watch online a brand new episode (just few hours after it aired in the US). Have you watched this week episode (8x05)? Cameron's disguise was hilarious! (hello Belly Fat:lol: ).
TATIANA PICQ
TATIANA PICQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Noémie Pieruccioni Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:07 pm

Oh my god i love so much that series aha! I'm very late though.. i just saw the firt three seasons aha However i've already saw some episodes of the last seasons and it didn't bother me because there isn't a logical consequence between the seasons (except one time i watched an episode and i saw that Gloria had a baby, it was a shock aha). This series is very funny and i think it's also due to the great choice of the actors!
Moreover our lovely country tried to copy this series ( not a surprise aha) with "En famille". When we compare these two series, it's obvious that Modern Family is way better than En Famille but for the first time i have to admit that the French version is not bad.

Noémie Pieruccioni

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Stoerkler Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:31 am

I found this series so funny too ! I watched it when the TV channel, M6, played it. This is, like the name say, a modern family. The grandfather with his new wife, younger very sexy. The daughter with a husband and three children, one girl is the perfect “bimbo” which just think about his physical, the other girl which is the intelligent of the family, the last boy which is, with the husband, they are both real children. And the son, the gay son, with his partner and there Asiatic daughter. You all should watch it for a good moment.

I never made the link between Modern family and En famille… I think that En famille is a good French series. This is also a “modern family” whith the bug daughter which is divorced and the little daughter witch has a musulman man and twins. And the grandparents are funny, the grandmother don’t want to say that she’s “old” and the grandfather which have to loose fat but he don’t want it… so he eat always.

Julie Stoerkler
Julie Stoerkler

Back to top Go down

Post by Noémie Pieruccioni Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:39 pm

Oh really Julie ? So, you also think that there is an obvious link between these two series, isn't it?
However i do agree with you that "En famille" is also a funny series, and the characters are also more representative to our French culture ! Indeed, in "modern family" it's obvious that it's an American series because the daughter, the son and the grandparents have all big houses, the scenarios are often excessive aha

Noémie Pieruccioni

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Mertz Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:51 pm

This serie is hilarious! I love it!
The story is good and you don't need to watch every episode to have fun. Even if you start with the episode 3 from season 2, you'll laugh, well this is my point of view.
I think this is a good serie to learn English, because they speak clearly and as the serie is about the life of a family, people will learn useful and common words.

Aurélie Mertz

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Stoerkler Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:08 pm

Aurélie Mertz wrote:I think this is a good serie to learn English, because they speak clearly and as the serie is about the life of a family, people will learn useful and common words.

You have right Aurélie, the dialogs are all easy to understand, so learning English with this series is great !

Yes Noemie, when we look at the story, like you say, there really is an obvious link. The only difference is that one is more about American culture and the other about French culture.
Julie Stoerkler
Julie Stoerkler

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne-Mary Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:42 pm

I agree with you Candy ! This series is really cool! It reflects the actual world and it is really funny. I can compare Modern Family to Malcolm or My Wife and Kids (ma famille d’abord), We can follow these series without watching all the episodes.

Anne-Mary

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:43 pm

I saw this was on some French channel last week so I checked it out.

Not my type of thing but that young Colombian chick Twisted Evil

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:45 pm

Candy! Whose the cutie in your pic? looks like a good partner for Maxess's lou (p)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Candy Kouadio Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:47 am

Yes It's my nephew Smile very very very cuties but so stupid !!
Candy Kouadio
Candy Kouadio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down