UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police series

+16
Aurélie Mertz
Gaëlle
Charlotte ILIOU
Alex Lasserre
Anne-Mary
Yvanilde Panont
Zicheng SHA
Noémie Pieruccioni
Candy Kouadio
Elise HIROUX
Bertin pauline
Angélique
TATIANA PICQ
Morais.Cécilia
Admin
Julie Stoerkler
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Police series  Empty Police series

Post by Julie Stoerkler Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:42 pm

What do you think about police series. Because there exist a lot, The Experts, NCIS, Criminal Esprit, Secret and Lies…. Do you enjoy it or not ? Why ?

I like this series theme, but not all… I think that the actor can really made us enjoy or not the series. For example, with NCIS (yes I’m fan cheers ), firstly there only where the simple, with, principally, Gibbs, Abby, Dinozo, Magy and Dr Malard. Then, they create NCIS Los Angeles, with Henrietta (alias “Ety”), Callen, Sam, Kensi, Deeks, Eric and Nell. And now, we have the third NCIS, New Orleans. We also have new personage : Pride and his team, Lasalle, Brody, Dr Loreta and Sebastian. I needed time to like New Orleans. For me, the game of the personage of Pride was to different and not special like Ety or Gibbs.

This is the same with The Experts, they create lot of expansion with Manhattan Experts, Miami Experts. They develops the concept into different place.

Do you think that, when a police series is good, they want to develop it too much and after many developing, they forget the real things that made the first one good ?
Julie Stoerkler
Julie Stoerkler

Back to top Go down

Police series  Empty Re: Police series

Post by Admin Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:17 pm

I like detective series but not so much the "police" series that you've quoted. I liked the Wire but mostly I love English detectives : Sherlock, Morse, Endeavour, Lewis, Foyle's war, Luther, George Gently, Vera, Shetland. The one police series I really recommend is Happy Valley.

Whilst I'm here can whoever reads this ask the group to bring ear phones to class on Thursday just in case there aren't enough at the CEPE for everyone. Thanks
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Morais.Cécilia Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:46 pm

I don't look anymore.... I did an overdose. I even feel like he is inventing anything and everything... The number derivatives of ncis or experts... Then now they even mix fantastic and detective, they destroyed the film sleppy hollow with this serie...
Morais.Cécilia
Morais.Cécilia

Back to top Go down

Post by TATIANA PICQ Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Same for me
Admin wrote:I like detective series but not so much the "police" series that you've quoted

My favorite detective series are Psych and Monk Wink
TATIANA PICQ
TATIANA PICQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Angélique Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:48 pm

I don't like police series because I'm not a fan of stories of murders or criminals, it's too sordid ! Even if I like movies or series with "suspsens" !
Angélique
Angélique

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Stoerkler Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:46 pm

I like detective series too, Sherlock is a good series and Psych too ! Smile

I never heart of Happy Valley, I read the description and it look interesting, with a good suspense.

Angélique, you are too delicate flower

The most interesting things in police or detective series is the suspense. This is why we love this sort of séries, I think)

( I send your message )
Julie Stoerkler
Julie Stoerkler

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertin pauline Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:52 pm

The subject is well Julie. Very Happy
I like the police series. But only when they are well done. Experts are the one, I prefer compared to others. They exist several but I find that the characters play well, that the stories are well found and it makes you want to watch. When there is nothing on TV I watch the police series and I'm never disappointed because we always want to know the end.

Bertin pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by Angélique Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:58 pm

I like suspense but I don't like police series !
Angélique
Angélique

Back to top Go down

Post by Elise HIROUX Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:05 pm

I am not an addict. I don't like a lot of police series because I think there are many different and it's always the same story. For exemple, with "Les experts in Miami" or "Les experts in Nouvelle Orléans". It's simple. When I'm watching TV, I skip.

However, I love "Monk". It's a great series because the main actor is very very very good.
Elise HIROUX
Elise HIROUX

Back to top Go down

Post by Candy Kouadio Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:40 pm

I hate detective series especially NCIS or Criminal Minds. For me detective series are the same thing. Nonetheless I like "New York Unité spécial". It's the only one.
Candy Kouadio
Candy Kouadio

Back to top Go down

Post by Noémie Pieruccioni Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:14 pm

I'm not a fan of police series but i used to watch them because my mother is just crazy about detective and police series aha. However Angélique i don't think police series are "sordid" except "Criminal Minds" which involves many psychopaths, rapists, cannibals and so on and so forth! Indeed i really think that most of the detective and police series are quite funny or at least there is always one funny character. I really like also Monk, Morse but also Major Crime and White Collar.

Noémie Pieruccioni

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicheng SHA Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:19 pm

I don't like detective series or police series,but if it adds the magic element to the detective, I'll be very interested in it, such as“Supernatural”

Zicheng SHA

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvanilde Panont Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:24 pm

It is true that there are many police series but for my mine I don't like it except Sherlok Holmes & Hannibal because for me this series are different !!
Yvanilde Panont
Yvanilde Panont

Birthday : 1993-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:54 am

I tend to dislike many of the american Series (except HBO) because they don't allow you to think and they explain everything as though you are stupid. In many of the English detective series you can try to work out who did the deed and how they did it. They are more an interactive puzzle with twists and turns.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne-Mary Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:18 pm

I am fond of the police series, I love criminal minds, my favorite Smile or : law & Order: Special Victims Unit, "les experts". I like investigations and suspense. I like too “Pretty little liars” It's a little more girly series. There are five girls who are investigating about about the death of one of their friends, it's very cool. I love to be scared affraid

Anne-Mary

Back to top Go down

Post by Angélique Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:37 pm

Anne-Mary wrote:I am fond of the police series, I love criminal minds, my favorite Smile  or : law & Order: Special Victims Unit, "les experts". I like investigations and suspense. I like too “Pretty little liars” It's a little more girly series. There are five girls who are investigating about about the death of one of their friends, it's very cool. I love to be scared affraid

Pretty Little Liars is my favorite series !!!!! Shocked I love it !!! The suspense is huge !!! What season are you ??? bounce
Angélique
Angélique

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Lasserre Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:40 pm

Hi M1 people Razz I like polices series even though I don't watch a lot of them. Criminal Minds is cool although I'm not actually following the show 'cause I'm affraid it might be a bit repetitive. However I watch Gotham which is a police show, following Jim Gordon's journey to become GCPD commissionner.

I like Pretty Little Liars too, the girls are gorgeous What a Face but I have like 4 or 5 seasons to watch in order to catch up.
Alex Lasserre
Alex Lasserre

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte ILIOU Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:43 pm

As I said in my series presentation, I love the series Castle, for me it is one of the best crime series !!!
I saw Pretty Little Liars, i liked watching it but it is now the same type as crime series. It is not for the same public, it is for young people (specially for girls !!)

Charlotte ILIOU

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëlle Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:24 pm

Charlotte ILIOU wrote:As I said in my series presentation, I love the series Castle, for me it is one of the best crime series !!!
I saw Pretty Little Liars, i liked watching it but it is now the same type as crime series. It is not for the same public, it is for young people (specially for girls !!)

Though I loved the series, I was truly disappointed by the end... !

Gaëlle

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:43 pm

gaelle.vasse wrote:
Charlotte ILIOU wrote:As I said in my series presentation, I love the series Castle, for me it is one of the best crime series !!!

I only watched the series when I was in Angouleme and it was on TV on a Monday or Tuesday night. I found it quite fun but I obviously missed a lot of episodes. Same with the Mentalist.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëlle Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:00 pm

Admin wrote:
gaelle.vasse wrote:

I only watched the series when I was in Angouleme and it was on TV on a Monday or Tuesday night. I found it quite fun but I obviously missed a lot of episodes. Same with the Mentalist.

You should try again, even if there are too many episodes for both series !

Gaëlle

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte ILIOU Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:03 pm

I agree with Gaelle, you should watch again and all episodes !! I liked The Mentalist too, a little bit different but funny with a good story ! Smile

Charlotte ILIOU

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertin pauline Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:38 pm

Charlotte ILIOU wrote:I agree with Gaelle, you should watch again and all episodes !! I liked The Mentalist too, a little bit different but funny with a good story ! Smile

Mentalist is also a series that I like. The principal actor plays well and it's nice to watch but I have not followed all the episodes so I don't know the whole story .... so I just watch from time to time when this is broadcast at the television. This series diverts me.

Bertin pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Mertz Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:43 pm

5 years ago I stated watching "The Mentalist", I watched the first season. I really liked it but I stoped watching it because my computer broke down....

Aurélie Mertz

Back to top Go down

Post by Loris SEDEAUD Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:38 pm

I usually hate all these police series.. They are on all channels and for a long time and I feel that all the episodes are similar..
Nevertheless, two police series stand out: Twin Peaks and True Detective.
These are short series, the story takes place on a single season.
I really recommend them
Loris SEDEAUD
Loris SEDEAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next