UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vikings S01E01

+13
Erwan Granger
Benhydo
alexia
coupe antonin
PIGEOT Erwan
Antonin JEAN
GENTILHOMME Benjamin
Marion Cousin
RICHARDGuillaume
Richard baptiste
SERE Hugo
DHERBILLY Valentin
Admin
17 posters

Go down

Vikings S01E01 Empty Vikings S01E01

Post by Admin Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:18 pm

This is the thread where you should say what you thought to the episode we watched in class today. Did you understand it? Was it interesting? Which characters did you like? What did you think of the themes in the episode? etc... You should also start watching a series in English this week and start a new thread telling me about it.

Don't forget you also need to prepare for a class discussion on Donald Trump, Obama, Sarkozy, Hollande and Politics in general. Your participation will be noted. You also need to form a group the the video exercise and tell me which sport you are going to explain.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Vikings S01E01 Empty Vikings by Valentin D.

Post by DHERBILLY Valentin Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:00 pm

In last session, we have watched an extract from TV serie called "Vikings". Before this day, I don't know this serie but when I watched it, I want know the continued ! The extract tell us the story of father, mother and son's viking, the father and the kid have to go in other rich tribe with many boats and equipments to explore and punder the east mainland. But, the viking who have the kids and the main role wants discover the west part of the world. So, he asks the strong feelings of the king about his travel's project but the king are not agree with his idea. At the final, the Viking proposes to a friend's boat builder build a boat and go at the west with him and his son... Maybe they... Arrow

DHERBILLY Valentin

Back to top Go down

Vikings S01E01 Empty Re: Vikings S01E01

Post by SERE Hugo Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:39 pm

Tuesday we have watched ,the first episode of Vikings. In first time, it's good presentation, we have plot whith tension enter Ragnar and chief of clan, in context of beginning of invasions Vikings in the western Europe and forcing the intrigues romantic.For the moment, I don't know which characters I like, I hesitate enter Ragnar,his wife and his dog (it's a joke). I'm very interesting by story of this series, I would like continued well has to see it even if I don't look at series.

SERE Hugo

Back to top Go down

Vikings S01E01 Empty Ep1 S1 Vikings

Post by Richard baptiste Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:40 pm

Ragnar Lothbrok and his brother Rollo participate in a battle against the Baltic peoples. Ragnar, accompanied by his son Bjorn, goes to Kattegat to attend the Thing and so that he may undergo his rite of passage through adulthood. Staying at the family farm, Ragnar's wife, Lagertha, put to flight two vagabonds who try to rape her. In Kattegat, Ragnar convinces Rollo, He asserts that he is able to find his course in the open sea thanks to an instrument he has procured from a traveler, a navigation compass. He is however reprimanded and threatened by his chief of clan, Jarl Haraldson, who does not believe in the presence of land in the west and wishes to continue his raids towards the east. So they go to sea with a madman !

Richard baptiste

Back to top Go down

Vikings S01E01 Empty Vikings

Post by RICHARDGuillaume Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:01 pm

For me, the beginning of the first episode of the series « Vikings » in a first view is good. But, quickly  i found that bad and long because the story don’t give desire. I find that there no action, and that it is boring. It’s not a series that i would follow.
Moreover, the story of the first episode divert too much of the title « Viking ».

RICHARDGuillaume

Back to top Go down

Vikings S01E01 Empty Vikings !!

Post by Marion Cousin Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:53 am

Last time in class we saw an episod of the film : Vikings. Even if I dislike when their is violence in the film, I like this episod in which many people leave a place to go at the west of their country.

Marion Cousin

Back to top Go down

Post by GENTILHOMME Benjamin Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:28 pm

At our last TD, we watched the first episode of the Vikings series. Vikings is a Canadian-Irish television series created by Michael Hirst, broadcast on March 3, 2013 on History in Canada and History in the United States.
The series follows for the moment the life of the viking Ragnar Lothbrok who wants to leave in the west to plunder the riches that are present. We can see in this episode that Ragnar himself is mounting his own expedition to the west.

GENTILHOMME Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Antonin JEAN Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:28 pm

Scandinavia, 793 AD. Brave Ragnar Lothbrok is a farmer doubled of a wild warrior. Married, father of a boy and a girl, he has a dream: leave on the West to discover to it new cities to be plundered. In secret, he makes build a longship of revolutionary design. But he has to convince first of all the local Lord, Earl Haraldson, to dash into this adventure.

Antonin JEAN

Back to top Go down

Vikings S01E01 Empty Vikings episode 1

Post by PIGEOT Erwan Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:30 pm

Ragnar Lothbrok and his brother Rollo participated in a battle against the Baltic peoples. After the massacre, Ragnar has visions of the god Odin and his Valkyries. Back in his village, Ragnar, accompanied by his son Bjorn, goes to Kattegat to attend the Thing and the appearance that last last undergoes his rite of passage as an adult. Staying at the family farm, Ragnar's wife, Lagertha, flees two vagabonds who try to rape her. A Kattegat, Ragnar convinces Rollo that raids to the west are more promising in terms of booty than traditional attacks against the Baltic people. He asserts that he is able to find his course in the open sea to an instrument he has found with a traveler, a navigation compass. He is always reprimanded and threatened by his clan leader, Jarl Haraldson, who does not believe in the presence of land in the west and wishes to continue his raids towards the east. Bjorn and Ragnar visit Floki, a visionary naval carpenter who, with the financial support of his friend and Ragnar, secretly undertook the construction of a new type of ship, more suited to navigation on the high seas: a drakkar . The first trials at sea are very promising. While Ragnar recruits men, brother son Rollo makes unwelcome advances to Lagertha. The ship is fixed near, the Ragnar heads west towards the unknown, while the Jarl Haraldson, informed by a traitor, begin to take revenge on those who helped Ragnar to mount his expedition.

PIGEOT Erwan

Back to top Go down

Vikings S01E01 Empty VIKINGSS EPISODE 1

Post by coupe antonin Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:31 pm

In the eighth century Scandinavia, Ragnar Lothbrok, young and charismatic Viking warrior, dream of discoveries and conquests. Frustrated by the lack of ambition of the local chief, the powerful Haraldson, who stubbornly attacked the poor regions of the East as traditionally wished, Ragnar decided to secretly build a new type of ship. Lighter and faster, these vessels will allow him to cross the sea in the direction of the prosperous civilizations of the West. Despite the disapproval of his leader, Ragnar, trusting to the signs and the will of the gods, embarked on an enterprise that will change the destiny of his people ...

coupe antonin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexia Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Last Tuesday we watched a series "Vikings".I understood this first episode the story is interesting but it's not my kind of series I do not like when there is fighting. I did not like too much. For me my favorite character is the father.

alexia

Back to top Go down

Post by Benhydo Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:18 pm

In this episode, wee see the people of Vikings, with a main character who is very strong. He leaves with his son from his village, to join a group of vikings in order to know where he will go to fight to win treasures.

Benhydo

Back to top Go down

Vikings S01E01 Empty VIKINNNNNNGSSSSS

Post by Erwan Granger Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Ragnar Lothbrok and his brother Rollo participate in a battle against warriors. After the massacre, Ragnar has visions of the god Odin. Back in his village, Ragnar travels, in the company of his son Bjorn to Kattegat to attend the Thing and so that the latter suffer his rite of passage into adulthood. The wife of Ragnar, Lagertha, puts on the run two vagrants who attempt to rape her. At Kattegat, Ragnar convinces Rollo raids West are most promising in terms of loot than traditional attacks on the Baltic populations. He says he is able to find his cap at sea thanks to an instrument that he obtained from a traveller, a compass for navigation. He is reprimanded and threatened by his Chief of clan, Jarl Haraldson, who does not believe in the presence of lands to the West and wants to continue its raids to the East. Bjorn and Ragnar visit Floki, a Carpenter Navy, which, thanks to the financial support of his friend Ragnar, secretly began construction of a new type of ship, more suitable for navigation on the high seas: a longship.

Erwan Granger

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxime Hauet Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:27 pm

The episode was quite boring, too long to implement I think, but is quite understandable given that it is the first, there are a lot of characters to present, we can guess a beginning of scenario.
Bjorn side iron goes I think become interesting to watch episodes... to share as and if he dies, and suddenly I say shit.

Maxime Hauet

Back to top Go down

Post by Manuela Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:09 am

In the first episode, Ragnar and his brother Rollo return from a battle during which Ragnar has visions of the god Odin and his valkyries. Lagertha quickly dispatches two would-be rapists. While in Kattegat, Ragnar convinces Rollo that raids to the West are worthwhile and possible thanks to new navigational tools. But is rebuked by his ruler, Earl Haraldson who continues to order raids into the Baltic.
It's a long episode but I haved never seen " Vikings" even if a lot of people talk about and I think I will keep watching. The historical aspect, the scenes and the actors are very interesting and captiving ! Furthermore, the first episode never is the best so it makes me want to watch the next episodes.

Manuela

Back to top Go down

Post by ETIEN Marvin Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:31 am

Last week we looked at the first episode of Vikings. I like this kind of series. The first episode of the first season is "Rites of Passage". In this episode we saw a family of vikings, the father, who be the main character and who called Ragnar Lothbrok, his wife,Lagertha, and their son, Bjorn. The history takes place in VIII century.We can understand in the history that ragnar wants to go on the West while his boss, Jarl Haraldson, wants to continue its raids in the East. It is by help of floki that ragnar and his son are going to leave exploring the West. Indeed floki builds them a new ship, who called a "drakkar".I really want to continue to look at this series.

ETIEN Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by COUVIDAT Mathieu Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:28 am

Hello John,

I don't understant a lots things because series like vikings i don't like. I saw a love history with a girl and a boy.

COUVIDAT Mathieu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum