UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First week discussion

+13
J-Carrere
Veranika MALKEVICH
Ebbah
ZHANG Yangyang
Stéphane Millassaud
Anthony Bardy
LIU siqin
anaïsdebackere
adeline perrigault
JIANG Zhen
jingchao
Jordy Labrousse
Raphaël RAYNEAU
17 posters

Go down

First week discussion Empty First week discussion

Post by Admin Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:19 pm

Well done, You've managed to log in and find the correct forum. Nice and simple for Week 1: I want you to post some ideas of discussion topics linked to Economics that you would be interested in as well as any general topics that you'd like to discuss. I also want you to say why you've chosen these subjects. You may also comment on other people's suggestions.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

First week discussion Empty Re: First week discussion

Post by Raphaël RAYNEAU Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:34 am

Hey Sir !

Is this topic still available for the next week ?

Raphaël RAYNEAU

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:17 pm

Raphaël RAYNEAU wrote:Hey Sir !

Is this topic still available for the next week ?

You can call me John.

Yes, we hadn't start last week.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordy Labrousse Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:48 pm

Hello John,

I think we can talk about how the celebrities' incomes are seen in England.
With the HSBC scandal that just happened, we see that the humorist Gad Elmaleh (the most famous implicated personnality) is the target of lots of haters (and more) on internet. It reveals that in France, people doesn't like the one who earned lots of money.
Is it the same problem in England for sportsmen, actors, CEO and others who earn enormous wages? Or english people see them, like in USA, as exemples of success?

Jordy Labrousse

Back to top Go down

Post by jingchao Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:55 pm

Hello ,
I wanna talk about the currency exchange rate between yuan and euro
is it possible ?

jingchao

Back to top Go down

Post by JIANG Zhen Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:09 pm

Jordy Labrousse wrote:Hello John,

I think we can talk about how the celebrities' incomes are seen in England.
With the HSBC scandal that just happened, we see that the humorist Gad Elmaleh (the most famous implicated personnality) is the target of lots of haters (and more) on internet. It reveals that in France, people doesn't like the one who earned lots of money.
Is it the same problem in England for sportsmen, actors, CEO and others who earn enormous wages? Or english people see them, like in USA, as exemples of success?

Yes , I think it's got to be interesting and special.
And we can also talk about Anglo franco differences.

JIANG Zhen

Back to top Go down

Post by JIANG Zhen Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:20 pm

Hello John , I've got a topic about :
What's Different About Job Searching in 2015
-What we should know if we are new to the job market for a economic student.
Could you give us some advices for the job searching et for a interview in English?

JIANG Zhen

Back to top Go down

Post by JIANG Zhen Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:37 pm

[quote="jingchao"]Hello ,
I wanna talk about the currency exchange rate between yuan and euro
is it possible ?[/quote]

Yes . I am agree with her.
And I have also a question about why the UK is not in zone euro and not in the Schengen Agreements ?

JIANG Zhen

Back to top Go down

Post by adeline perrigault Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:31 pm

Hi John ,

We can talk about the point of view of British about their economy relative to the european economic situation. I think, it's quite interesting. Another subject could be : the situation of graduated young people : have they jobs ? and what types of jobs ?

adeline perrigault

Back to top Go down

Post by anaïsdebackere Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:23 pm

Hi every one,
an interesting subject, which completes the Adeline's suggestion, would be : how a french graduate can make the difference in the world competition ?
I think it's important to see if it is possible and above all , if they are demands from french graduates and in general  from french people. Have we a worldwide thinking ? We could compare with the different points of view from the different countries represented in our class.

Last edited by anaïsdebackere on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

anaïsdebackere

Back to top Go down

Post by LIU siqin Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:19 pm

Hi John Smile ,
I agree with adeline's idea,we are students of L3, some of us want to find a job after graduate. To get he situation of employment will be important for us. So I think we can take an In-depth discussion. Actually,in our English class, students from different countries(as far as I know,we have at least five nationalities),I consider that we can take advantage of this, we can discuss the different situation of employment in England, in France, and in China.I think this discussion should be useful for everyone.
The second topic that I want to suggest is: why Apple is so successful? Why every time Apple releases a new product can be a hot topic? Apple products are really worth so much money?Do you think Apple will be replaced in the future? This is the topic around us, we all affected by the Apple's products, Everyone could have his own point of view.

LIU siqin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Bardy Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:03 pm

Hello everybody. Smile
Tuesday, I learned the huge increase of English football TV right. On the period 2016-2019, TV right will be about 2.3 milliards euros per year. This is enormous. Is it profitable for Sky and British Telecom which are the broadcasters? Of course, English premier league broadcast all over the world, stadiums are always full, and best players of the planet play every week. However, 17% of costs of English TV are for football whereas it represents only 1% of the audimat on English TV. So why sky and British Telecom spends so much money?
I wait impatiently your opinion.

Anthony Bardy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stéphane Millassaud Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:03 pm

Hello,

A lot of propositions of subject! I'm interested by several ideas but my favorite is about Apple, what are their strategies, what are the conditions of fabrication, planned obsolescence...

PS: New product: Isheep ("eeeeeeee" for the prononciation Wink )
First week discussion Mouton-apple-300x223
Stéphane Millassaud
Stéphane Millassaud

Back to top Go down

Post by ZHANG Yangyang Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:06 pm

Hello,
what are their strategies for APP? I found some raisons to explain it.
The primary and most important thing they study customer behavior patterns and they focus on their target audience and find ways to engage customer.The second, they try and provide their customers the maximum benefit, which means, the customers is the actual key to their success in the APP marketplace. There are many products high-tech. Mac, iPhone, watch, iPod, and iTunes. The third, they go ahead and refine their marketing strategy. this involves a lengthy process of planning, including building a teamto handle the various aspects of the plan; publicizing and advertising the service; gathering and processing user information; choosing the right mobile platforms for marketing app and so on. The last, they choose the right type of mobile technology. For example, they create a mobile website, APP store and ITunes which we can download many different logical and also providing the most relevant information to APP customer.

ZHANG Yangyang

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbah Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:48 pm

Hello everybody, i suppose you to talk about the globalization ? What is the part of poor countries in this world? and for you what's means globalizatio?

Ebbah

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbah Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:48 pm

Ebbah wrote:Hello everybody, i suppose  you to talk about the globalization ? What is the part of poor countries in this world? and for you what's means globalization Laughing ?

Ebbah

Back to top Go down

Post by Veranika MALKEVICH Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:32 pm

Hi everyone,
I would like to suggest speaking about start-ups. I think that some of us are more interested in working with their own projects than being an employee. In the framework of this topic we can study steps of creating a start-up, discuss the factors important for a start-up to succeed. At the same time we may use case studies of successful start-ups all over the world .
Another topic that seems to be actual are Nobel prizewinners in Economics. This topic interests me as long as this year a French economist won a Nobel prize so it may be interesting to discuss the importance of his research or to review other Nobel prizewinners in Economics.

Veranika MALKEVICH

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Carrere Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:56 pm

Hi guys , I think we really need to talk about interesting subjects such as : wine beer or cooking.
I think we lost so much time with under-interesting subject (poverty ,hunger in the world,...)
Our teacher comes from one of the most important country in beer history : why mr cow isn't able to teach us English beer history ? May be he isn't English anymore and the only think that link him to English is the worst football club ever !

J-Carrere

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:12 pm

J-Carrere wrote:Hi guys , I think we really need to talk about interesting subjects such as : wine beer or cooking.
I think we lost so much time with under-interesting subject (poverty ,hunger in the world,...)
Our teacher comes from one of the most important country in beer history : why mr cow isn't able to teach us English beer history ? May be he isn't English anymore and the only think that link him to English is the worst football club ever !

Who is Mr.Cow?

Mooove on boy!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FENG YE Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:23 pm

Hi, Wink.
I have read all of talks.In these topics,i am interested in the to Sandrine's topic-the globalization. About the globalization,there are a lot of topics we can talk. For example, the globalization economic,the globalization culture and so on. We could discuss the influence of globalization for the developing countries and developed countries.
Otherwise, I have another interesting topic it's the tourist economy.We can discuss the position of the tourist economy in France, China, England and compare the difference among the countries. At the same time, we could also realize varied cultures.

FENG YE

Back to top Go down

Post by xinyuan Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:54 pm

Hi John ,
I'm xinyuan Twisted Evil
I pray for tomorrow morning that you can remember my name
Very Happy
xinyuan
xinyuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:33 pm

xinyuan wrote:Hi John ,
I'm xinyuan Twisted Evil
I pray for tomorrow morning that you can remember my name
Very Happy

success! bounce
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmanuel David Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:51 pm

Hello everybody,
We should also speak about new form of trading in Stock Exchange : The High frequency trading, where teir are computers who take decision to sell or buy on Stock Exchange Market.
In my opinion it's a really important topic because we this way of trading is growing fastly since 10 years (now it represent 40% of the Paris's stock exchange...)

Emmanuel David

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbah Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:38 am

FENG YE wrote:   Hi, Wink.
   I have read all of talks.In these topics,i am interested in the to Sandrine's topic-the globalization. About the globalization,there are a lot of topics we can talk. For example, the globalization economic,the globalization culture and so on. We could discuss the influence of globalization for the developing countries and developed countries.
  Otherwise, I have another interesting topic it's the tourist economy.We can discuss the position of the tourist economy in France, China, England and compare the difference among the countries. At the same time, we could also realize varied cultures.

Hello my girlfriend pray that John accept this topic about globalization. Very Happy see you next week

Ebbah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down