UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twin Peaks (TV series)

5 posters

Go down

Twin Peaks (TV series) Empty Twin Peaks (TV series)

Post by BROSSET Céline Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:13 am

Hi guys!
Hope you're doing well ! Very Happy

This topic is about the weird Mark Frost & David Lynch's TV series called "Twin Peaks". Just to introduce it quickly, Twin Peaks is an American mystery drama television series released in 1990, on ABC.
The story takes place in the imaginative city of Twin Peaks, in northwestern Washington. One day, Laura Palmer (a pretty high school student known and loved by all)'s corpse is found, packed in a plastic bag on the bank of a river. Then, the FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper is appointed to conduct the investigation. He's going to discover that Laura Palmer wasn't the one everybody thought she was, and that this city full of mysteries is ruled by some kind of a dangerous "mystic" dark force.

The final season of the show was just released this year. I've started it this week. I've watched 8 episods, and, like always, this series disturbes me !
25 years later, David Lynch's return is powerful and I would love to discuss with you about it.
Is anybody here who have already watched Twin Peaks ?

Have a nice day ! And remember... "The owls aren't what they seem..." !
BROSSET Céline
BROSSET Céline

Back to top Go down

Twin Peaks (TV series) Empty Re: Twin Peaks (TV series)

Post by Solène Bergier Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:08 am

Hi Celine!!

I don't know this series, but i think I am going to try to see some of those episode!! I will come back to speak with you about it and tell you if I liked it or not Wink

Solène Bergier

Back to top Go down

Post by Mégane Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:56 pm

Waoh ! Solène you made me want to watch this serie : mystery, fright, sphycological reflexion and a special universe ! I watch ahd I discuss with you about Twin Paeks.
Have a good day !
Mégane
Mégane

Back to top Go down

Post by BROSSET Céline Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:04 am

Hi Solène, Hi Mégane,
I'd be glad to discuss with you about the show ! Let me know when you start it ! Smile
BROSSET Céline
BROSSET Céline

Back to top Go down

Post by Gendry Marceline Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:47 pm

Hi Céline, I know the series "twins peaks", I already watch the 3 first episode, but I don't know why I stopped. But with your summary I think I'll get back to watching this series. Thank you Céline Wink
Gendry Marceline
Gendry Marceline

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion.LM Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:35 pm

Hi Celine !
I saw et I known this serie and I love it !
But I don't want to look the new part (the final season) because I afraid of being disappointed !
And you, you said, you have seen several episodes ?
I hesitate...

Marion.LM

Back to top Go down

Post by BROSSET Céline Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:12 pm

Hi Marion !
I'm glad to see that somebody knows Twin Peaks ! Smile
Yes, I've finished the hole season actually. Now, I'm currently watching Rick and Morty's new episods.
To my mind, If you enjoyed the seasons 1 & 2 of Twin Peaks, you should love that one. I recommand you to watch it, because David Lynch really looked after its return, ans this show is well done.
I wasn't disappointed by this third season, but I hope it'll be the last one (I've read something concerning the potential release of an other season... which would probably sucks!).
Just to warm you, the season 3 pushes the "quirk" to the extreme, so you have to prepare yourself to feel even more uncomfortable than the previous seasons!
BROSSET Céline
BROSSET Céline

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion.LM Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:34 pm

Hi Celine,
To push the "quirk" to the extreme...I love it !!
I love the David Lynch universe...it is so uncommon, he arrives to explore the "perversity in the human soul", all angles and its complexity. Anybody arrives to translate this intangible feelings in picture and real fact !
When the seasons 1&2 left, David Lynch received thousands of young ladies who thanked him because David Lynch arrives to understand (about the Laura Palmer secret, but I was saying nothing....) what the main character feels in her soul...

Marion.LM

Back to top Go down

Post by BROSSET Céline Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:58 pm

I'm in love with D.Lynch' universe too. I've discovered this director with the movie "Dune". Did you watch it ?
I totally agree with you Marion. I didn't know about these young ladies, thank you for sharing me this anecdocte.
D.Lynch is really talented as a director, and probably crazy as a human being ! :p Last year, I did my internship at the "Palais des Festivals et des Congrès" of Cannes and I had the chance to see him during the Festival !
BROSSET Céline
BROSSET Céline

Back to top Go down

Post by BROSSET Céline Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:13 pm

Hi there!
Hope you're doing well Smile

*SPOILERS ALERT* DO NOT READ THIS POST IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS SHOW YET

Here, I'd like to summerize the 18 episods of this last season.
For those who know Twin Peaks and watched the previous seasons, you must remember that  season 2' cliffhanger was a really terrifiyng scene. Indeed, season 2 ended with the birth of a "Dark Dale Copper" who breaks his head against a mirror while laughing diabolically.
As you can guess, "Dark Cooper" (I feel like I'm talking about Darth Vader here) is THE bad guy of the third season.
All the ancients caracters are here. We discover at the end of the show that Audrey Horne turned crazy, and that she's interned in a psychiatric hospital. The log woman died, Ed and Norma finally hang out together, and Bobby Briggs is now working as an policeman.
There're two Dale Cooper. One living a simple life with his family, and the other, who's a murderer and wants to kill the nice Dale. We found that Nice Dale isn't real, He is only a copy of himself and He needs to die.
Like previous seasons, this one pushes the quirky to its extreme and It can be really disturbing in some episods... We feel kind of lost until episods 10-11 but it's part of the deal when it comes to David Lynch' staff.
The last season also reveals the evil's nature : Judy, the "diabolical entity", was hosted by Laura Palmer's mother, Sarah Palmer, when she was a little child. At the end of the show, Dale Cooper avoid Laura's death by its father, but Judy created an alternative reality and enclosed them in it. In this reality, Laur lives, but we understand that she's cursed because she's still in a bad situation (she murdered a guy). Dale asked her to go with him to Twin Peaks to remember its awful story. But, facing her childhood house, Laura can't remember a thing until she screamed. And... that's the end of the show.
This end opens to multiple interpretations and it is hard to get it when you only watch the series once. I think this last season is a success although i've found it too weird at first, compared to the previous ones.
In my opinion, the end is very sad and hopeless. Dale Cooper sacrifices himself to save Laura from her certain death, but Judy never dies and is still looking after her. Then, Judy was actually Laura's mother.
Judy locks Dale and Laura into an alternative reality where nothing has existed, and the result of this is that the Twin Peaks we know is totally gone.
Laura represents Purity and Innocence, but the Evil pursued her and her fate is linked to the death. Dale remains stuck in this shitty reality and realizes the failure of his mission. Moreover, He lost everything he loved. In addition, the nice Dale whom his family loved more than anything is not real, which is quite sad enough in my opinion.

I liked this show but seriously.... THANK YOU DAVID LYNCH FOR MAKING US DEPRESSIVE !!! :'(
BROSSET Céline
BROSSET Céline

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down