UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black mirror

+6
Admin
Clémence Giraud
Virginie Auclair
BROSSET Céline
Nolwenn Lautredou
TIAN Zhekun
10 posters

Go down

Black mirror Empty Black mirror

Post by TIAN Zhekun Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:09 am

I didn’t watch a lot of series in English, more exactly, I don’t like watching series because the animations is my preference. But…Alright, between the series that I have watched and who can be numbered, I like watching Black Mirror, although I think all of you have watched this series because it is also so popular in China, in the website Douban (like Chinese rotten tomatoes) it has got a point 9.3/10 for its first season which had already surpassed most of American series. Because that every episode of black mirror are standalone, so it is more easy to understand what it talked about instead of watching necessarily every episode to make out the whole story. So it likes Japanese series which called “Seki nimo kimyo na Monogatari Eng sub” but the black mirror is better made.
Black mirror 14246 
Between the three seasons, I prefer the “Nosedive” which is set in a world where we can rate each other mutually according to their behavior with the help of a crystalloid implanted in everyone’s eyes. And Lacie, the heroine of this episode, one day she got a phone call by her popular childhood friend for inviting her to her wedding. And in the way to the wedding, her point had decreased from 4.2 to almost 0 and this experience made her thinking about the sense of the point. Indeed nowadays we pay much attention to the others’ view to ourselves, while we ignore what we want to do and what we want to get. So which episode of Black Mirror do you prefer? Is it the same as me?
TIAN Zhekun
TIAN Zhekun

Back to top Go down

Black mirror Empty Re: Black mirror

Post by Nolwenn Lautredou Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:45 pm

Hi Tian!!

I love watching Black Mirror!
My favorite episode is the same as you !! I started watching some of episodes of Black Mirror one year ago but Nosedive is the last one I saw. At the end, I imagined ourselves living in a world like that. That's sounds unreal even if we are already living in a world where we can rate. I don't speak about behavior but services. With the social networks and Internet we can rate the experience we had in a shop, restaurant, taxi and so on. And I also heard few weeks ago that Chinese government wants to set up this kind of rate about citizen behavior. Can you confirm this information ? That's make me really scared.

Well you should keep watching the whole seasons. Each episode is different and has its own environment and raises an interesting society question.
Nolwenn Lautredou
Nolwenn Lautredou

Back to top Go down

Post by BROSSET Céline Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi Tian, Hi Nolwenn,
I watched Black Mirror last year and I enjoyed it ! However, (it depends on the episod) I think that this series is a little "overvalued"...
BROSSET Céline
BROSSET Céline

Back to top Go down

Post by Virginie Auclair Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi Tian ,
I love this series, I just finished season 2. I find it very interesting. Today the technologies are more and more important and this series speaks well of the limits.
Virginie Auclair
Virginie Auclair

Back to top Go down

Post by TIAN Zhekun Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:51 am

Nolwenn Lautredou wrote:Hi Tian!!

I love watching Black Mirror!
My favorite episode is the same as you !! I started watching some of episodes of Black Mirror one year ago but Nosedive is the last one I saw. At the end, I imagined ourselves living in a world like that. That's sounds unreal even if we are already living in a world where we can rate. I don't speak about behavior but services. With the social networks and Internet we can rate the experience we had in a shop, restaurant, taxi and so on. And I also heard few weeks ago that Chinese government wants to set up this kind of rate about citizen behavior. Can you confirm this information ? That's make me really scared.

Well you should keep watching the whole seasons. Each episode is different and has its own environment and raises an interesting society question.
Hi Nolwenn, sorry for replying you so late, we do have passed a tough week isn't it?
I'm not quite clear about what you said that the government have done...Or... which type...In China, we  rate whom didn't follow the public order and law(for instance like not paying back the money that he owned for a long time), the punishment is that the government limit him taking the train and airplane, using the public service, listing his name on the local newspaper, the Internet, the public screen to alerting others not to borrow their money to him anymore(we call him a bilk), you can also understand that is an insult to urge him paying back.
If you talks about the technique of facial recognition applied in the public camera, that perhaps could make you worried about. But firstly, It is just a technique, and now it is not applying everywhere in China. And even it is applying to the every corner in China, personally I don't think it's a big problem(in every corner there are already spread by the public or personal camera, quite strange that in China we never think the monitor is a bad thing)...I know in western country especially in France the liberty and also the respect to the privacy are considered quite importantly, if the government install the camera and monitor everyone's behavior, it is not acceptable for you. But imagine that China has 1 300 000 000 people(20 times more than France), how many policeman that the government should recruit to monitor everyone's behavior...? Also in our culture(China and also the sinosphere countries), we believe that if you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to worry about, and this technique can help us fighting crimes more effectively. We have so many people that it is quite more difficult to manage it. If we do not take a method more effective, perhaps in China every 3 months there would be happened 20 times terrorist attack, particularly China is also so large that it is quite difficult to find the criminal...
Perhaps everyone knows and afraid of the "Big brother", but I don't think that will be happened in China in nowadays... The international economic exchange and also the information exchange have already cut up this possibility, although we say the dictatorship in China is not so good and we should hug the democracy, but you know we have no choice. But we have to know that the democratic society emphasize the check and balance, but it will lower the efficiency, in France that could be accepted but in China when the country needs the development, the check and balance is not...so attractive....Of course the dictatorship can bring the corruption but China has already combated it....
So there's no perfect social system...Last year the french people had also given a chance to Le Pen isn't it? Twisted Evil
So if you are interested, you can also see the crime stats between China and France, the newest data was from 2015:
http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/China/France/Crime
The stability is the stepping-stone to the higher economic development, to decrease the crime, we certainly have to lose something in this phase...If you want the respect to the  privacy more than the security, you could suffer more crime...and vice versa
Hope you a perfect weekend

Last edited by TIAN Zhekun on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
TIAN Zhekun
TIAN Zhekun

Back to top Go down

Post by TIAN Zhekun Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:54 am

BROSSET Céline wrote:Hi Tian, Hi Nolwenn,
I watched Black Mirror last year and I enjoyed it ! However, (it depends on the episod) I think that this series is a little "overvalued"...
It depends on which episode... After all each episode tell the different story Wink But some of them are perfect isn't it?
TIAN Zhekun
TIAN Zhekun

Back to top Go down

Post by TIAN Zhekun Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:01 am

Virginie Auclair wrote:Hi Tian ,
I love this series, I just finished season 2. I find it very interesting. Today the technologies are more and more important and this series speaks well of the limits.
Especially it's not a boring preach but attractive stories! rabbit
TIAN Zhekun
TIAN Zhekun

Back to top Go down

Post by Clémence Giraud Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:42 am

I there ! I watch only the first episode and I found it very very STRANGE.. If you don't remember it is the story with the prime minister and the pig...... So I didn't go further. But some people like Nolwenn said me that it is just the first episode and the others are better and less strange... What do you think Tian ?
Clémence Giraud
Clémence Giraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:55 am

Clémence Giraud wrote:I there ! I watch only the first episode and I found it very very STRANGE.. If you don't remember it is the story with the prime minister and the pig...... So I didn't go further. But some people like Nolwenn said me that it is just the first episode and the others are better and less strange...  What do you think Tian ?

My wife had the same problem.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by BROSSET Céline Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:33 pm

Clémence : Next episods are less strange yes, but to me, you'll not miss something huge if you decide to not watch them...
BROSSET Céline
BROSSET Céline

Back to top Go down

Post by TIAN Zhekun Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:00 pm

Clémence Giraud wrote:I there ! I watch only the first episode and I found it very very STRANGE.. If you don't remember it is the story with the prime minister and the pig...... So I didn't go further. But some people like Nolwenn said me that it is just the first episode and the others are better and less strange...  What do you think Tian ?
Yes the first episode is quite strange but after that, almost all the episodes are splendid I have to say that... Try to watch that and you'll love it cyclops
TIAN Zhekun
TIAN Zhekun

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:20 pm

Hi Tian!

Just as you I've whatched the entire serie and I loved it! I know lots of people think it is weird but I consider it quite realistic and especially very smart. Each time I whatch an episode, I have to take some time after to reflect about it because it makes me feel that it could happen sooner than we think in our reality, the frontier between what we live everyday with technologies and what we can see in the show is very weak.
I loved Nosedive too but I have to say my favorite episode is the one with the bees, the last one of season 3, because it reminds me when I see people on the social networks insulting and threatening each other everyday without thinking that it could really hurt someone. What if they were real consequences ?
Anyway it was very interesting to have your point of view Smile
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea AROSTEGUY Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:37 am

Hi Tian !

I like this series but I agree, some episodes are very creepy...
I have watched all seasons and I remember an episode in particular which frightened me so much...
It's talk about a man who hacks the camera of the people's computer and especially a young men... So, the hacker do what he wants with this teenager, he controlled his computer entirely and anyway this episode makes me scared ! So, after I saw it I put Scotch on my camera's computer !!! Shocked
Andrea AROSTEGUY
Andrea AROSTEGUY

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Malgorn Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:09 am

Clémence Giraud wrote:I there ! I watch only the first episode and I found it very very STRANGE.. If you don't remember it is the story with the prime minister and the pig......

I love this series, it's science fiction but it is so close to our reality, I think the first episode is very strange but I like it because it shows how people are so "voyeur", they are revolted but they watch the full scene on the TV, it's so weird.

I watched all seasons, and think the better is the first, my favourite episode "The Entire History of You" (S01:E03), "White Bear" (S02:E02) and "Nosedive" (S03:E01) !

I think this TV show is indispensable to warn about the danger of new technologies, I'm impatient to watch the season 4 !! bounce

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-10-17/black-mirror-season-4-netflix-cast-plot/
Tom Malgorn
Tom Malgorn

Back to top Go down

Post by TIAN Zhekun Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:33 pm

Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS wrote:Hi Tian!

Just as you I've whatched the entire serie and I loved it! I know lots of people think it is weird but I consider it quite realistic and especially very smart. Each time I whatch an episode, I have to take some time after to reflect about it because it makes me feel that it could happen sooner than we think in our reality, the frontier between what we live everyday with technologies and what we can see in the show is very weak.
I loved Nosedive too but I have to say my favorite episode is the one with the bees, the last one of season 3, because it reminds me when I see people on the social networks insulting and threatening each other everyday without thinking that it could really hurt someone. What if they were real consequences ?
Anyway it was very interesting to have your point of view Smile
yes I love also the episode of bees! In the nowadays it seems that people are not responsible to what they said, so they insult others, it is so sick!
TIAN Zhekun
TIAN Zhekun

Back to top Go down

Post by TIAN Zhekun Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:35 pm

Andrea AROSTEGUY wrote:Hi Tian !

I like this series but I agree, some episodes are very creepy...
I have watched all seasons and I remember an episode in particular which frightened me so much...
It's talk about a man who hacks the camera of the people's computer and especially a young men... So, the hacker do what he wants with this teenager, he controlled his computer entirely and anyway this episode makes me scared ! So, after I saw it I put Scotch on my camera's computer !!! Shocked  
I suppose that is the reason why in our class so many people use a paper to stick their computer's camera...
TIAN Zhekun
TIAN Zhekun

Back to top Go down

Post by TIAN Zhekun Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:39 pm

Tom Malgorn wrote:
Clémence Giraud wrote:I there ! I watch only the first episode and I found it very very STRANGE.. If you don't remember it is the story with the prime minister and the pig......

I love this series, it's science fiction but it is so close to our reality, I think the first episode is very strange but I like it because it shows how people are so "voyeur", they are revolted but they watch the full scene on the TV, it's so weird.

I watched all seasons, and think the better is the first, my favourite episode "The Entire History of You" (S01:E03), "White Bear" (S02:E02) and "Nosedive" (S03:E01) !

I think this TV show is indispensable to warn about the danger of new technologies, I'm impatient to watch the season 4 !! bounce

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-10-17/black-mirror-season-4-netflix-cast-plot/
A coin have two sides !cyclops of course we should be aware of the danger brought by the new technology,  but the technology is such fascinating...
TIAN Zhekun
TIAN Zhekun

Back to top Go down

Post by maelys fouche Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:38 pm

Last time I watched one episode. It was about a girl and a society who are totally caught up by the social media. Was a crazy world, I wouldn't live in that universe. And then I realize that people judge you on social media and if you have not the best pictures or a lot friend or I don't know. People can just see everything. I mean it was like this in that serie it is not exactly the same in the reality but social media is quite intrusive and people can know you even if you don't know them, weird feeling thus!!
maelys fouche
maelys fouche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down