UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clement and Aymeric - Brexit/Frexit

+9
JoeHallifax
thomas sauzet1
Victor L
Mala23
tsiry
Olivier jouanneau
cassandra
Nasser
Admin
13 posters

Go down

Clement and Aymeric - Brexit/Frexit Empty Clement and Aymeric - Brexit/Frexit

Post by Admin Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:03 pm

Questions and comments and open debate on Brexit and Frexit, here please.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Clement and Aymeric - Brexit/Frexit Empty Re: Clement and Aymeric - Brexit/Frexit

Post by Nasser Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:35 pm

"When a nation or society is isolated, it stops progressing and degenerates"
George Rippey Stewart - american writer

Nasser

Back to top Go down

Clement and Aymeric - Brexit/Frexit Empty Re: Clement and Aymeric - Brexit/Frexit

Post by cassandra Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:53 pm

Good presentation guys.

Agree with your quote Nasser. I think it's important that countries open up to each other. And with this Brexit, it's completely the opposite happens. There is a retreat of the country on itself. And I think it's bad on a lot of points (human, economic, financial ect)

cassandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:13 am

Nasser wrote:"When a nation or society is isolated, it stops progressing and degenerates"
George Rippey Stewart - american writer

Good quote but irrelevant. The UK is simply leaving a bureaucratic organisation, wrapped up in it's own self importance, it is not isolating itself. If anything the UK will be forced to develop relationships with a multitude of countries therefore deepening the bonds. Look at leaving the EU as a progression instead of a regression. Cool
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivier jouanneau Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:18 am

Interesting presentation guys but i think the consequences between the different part of the uk could be one of the biggest concern for the politicians. Scotland was very keen on staying with europe one of the main reason for the no to their own referendum. Their is also the irish border issue with the complicated relations between the two ireland and the relatively fragile calm. I'm not so sure about a progression.

Olivier jouanneau

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:13 pm

Olivier jouanneau wrote:Interesting presentation guys but i think the consequences between the different part of the uk could be one of the biggest concern for the politicians. Scotland was very keen on staying with europe one of the main reason for the no to their own referendum. Their is also the irish border issue with the complicated relations between the two ireland and the relatively fragile calm. I'm not so sure about a progression.

Of course you could be right. we don't know. Being British I've never even thought of Scotland as a separate country (same with Wales) they have their identities but really they are no different to Brittany or Normandy in France. apart from north Sea oil and gas(which will run out soon), Scotland don't really have any income that could allow them to become independant, it's not like they're Catalonia. To be honest and independant Scotland and wales would simply make England richer by not having the expense. Ireland is a completely different kettle of fish. the politics and hate there is still fresh. Logically one Ireland makes sense but unification isn't going to happen in my (our) lifetime and things could literally "blow up" there at any moment.

My comment on progression was half "tongue in cheek". I'm certainly anti-brexit but I'm open-minded enough to see how it could benefit the UK both "spiritually" and financially. The need for new alliances and partnerships could easily be a catalyst for great things. In fact I think that is a worry of the EU in that they really need the UK to pay for leaving so as to dissuade any other stable financial countries from doing the same (but they also need the UK to be healthy enough so as not to damage European trade).

The UK paying (about the same as they are now) for the parts that they want seems to me to be the way forward allowing 10 to 20 years for a new reality to be put into place.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tsiry Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:46 pm

I think the brexit will be good for UK , because now they control their money, which is above the euro and dollar, they are free from the european central bank, they can also refuse migrants that brussels want to impose.
About the frexit, I think that France pay to much for the EU compared to the other countries. However in my opinion, going back to the Franc will not be good for the trade. But in case of frexit, in long term i think that France economy is enough strong to stand up

tsiry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mala23 Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:43 pm

After the Brexit, the catalogne Independence, and Trump election, what can you say about international relations ?

Mala23

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor L Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:17 am

We know that the people who voted for the brexit were mainly retirees and people living in small cities, conversely the young people and inhabitant of the richest cities voted more for keeping it in the EU.
Don't you think in maybe five or ten years this people will ask a new vote to come back to the EU (only in case the brexit doesn't work well for UK) ?
Or UK definitively said goodbye to EU ?

Victor L

Back to top Go down

Post by thomas sauzet1 Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:06 pm

Brexit have show than Europe have some problem and some people have bad opinion about it. But im not sure brexit is a great idea, because England have a big place in Europe and its can be problematic to loose it. I think reform Europe is better than leave it

thomas sauzet1

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeHallifax Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:43 pm

I would suggest that the alternative to Bexit was to remain in the EU but to try and change it from the inside. In my opinion, people have been told this for a very long time (people were already unhappy with the EU as an institution when Thatcher was prime minister), and it is still in an unacceptable state for many britains, which pushed them the vote Leave.

JoeHallifax

Back to top Go down

Post by Clement.denis Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:20 am

Victor L wrote:We know that the people who voted for the brexit were mainly retirees and people living in small cities, conversely the young people and inhabitant of the richest cities voted more for keeping it in the EU.
Don't you think in maybe five or ten years this people will ask a new vote to come back to the EU (only in case the brexit doesn't work well for UK) ?
Or UK definitively said goodbye to EU ?

I don't know but i think it's difficult to leave an institution like this and come back five years later as if nothing happen.

Clement.denis

Back to top Go down

Post by clementbiaunier Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:18 pm

How much will it cost to leave Britain from the European Union?

clementbiaunier

Back to top Go down

Post by guillaumborderon Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:39 pm

do you think that england will lose the entry fees on European financial markets?

guillaumborderon

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor L Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:07 pm

The bill for the UK seems to be very important, around €50 bilions for the moment.
Do you the government will rise tax for the brits to pay this amount of money ?

Victor L

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayatt MOUNAH Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:55 pm

The brexit reflects the problems in the EU. I think it will be good for Uk in their politics

Hayatt MOUNAH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down