UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7 alternative - Dreams

+13
Anas Akrache
Gwendoline Borrego
Lisa Amari
Juliette Bouba-Olga
Alina.a
Victor Brunet
Couillebault Thomas
Andreas Coursault
Ali Dmn
Marine ARTAUD
Courtois Alexis
guillaume-baudiniere
Admin
17 posters

Go down

Week 7 alternative - Dreams Empty Week 7 alternative - Dreams

Post by Admin Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:48 pm

You can choose this or the other topic or do them both.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 7 alternative - Dreams Empty Re: Week 7 alternative - Dreams

Post by guillaume-baudiniere Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:21 pm

One of my dreams is unrealistic, but it's still a dream but it would be like living in a Harry Potter world.
Either to be a wizard and as all good wizards do the wizarding school at "Beau Baton" or Hogwarts.
I would find it amusing to live in a world that does not respect the same rules as ours, and to discover all the wonders that compose this world.

guillaume-baudiniere

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:32 pm

guillaume-baudiniere wrote:One of my dreams is unrealistic, but it's still a dream but it would be like living in a Harry Potter world.
Either to be a wizard and as all good wizards do the wizarding school at "Beau Baton" or Hogwarts.
I would find it amusing to live in a world that does not respect the same rules as ours, and to discover all the wonders that compose this world.

Guillaume you do live in an unreal world that doesn't respect the rules. It's called the University. That probably makes me professor Snape.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtois Alexis Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:04 pm

My dream is to become an English teacher like you. But the only difference with you is that I would not be supporting Leicester given that I don't want to be sad all weekends of an umpteenth defeat ...

Courtois Alexis

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:09 pm

Courtois Alexis wrote:My dream is to become an English teacher like you. But the only difference with you is that I would not be supporting Leicester given that I don't want to be sad all weekends of an umpteenth defeat ...

I'm proud to support the city of my birth.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marine ARTAUD Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:31 am

My dream is to go around the world. I love travelling so if I had the possibility to do that, I would make. My dream is to visit Australia, Brazil, the West of the United States...
My other dream is to be rich to buy me full of clothes, shoes, cars, houses...
I hope that my dreams will become reality !!! Laughing

Marine ARTAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:40 am

When this subject was suggested I thought it was dreams that you have at night.

Last night I had one of my favourite dreams. flying/floating - without any mechanical aid.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marine ARTAUD Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:22 am

But I don't remember of my dreams that I have at night ! That's why I wrote that

Marine ARTAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Dmn Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:23 am

This topic immediately reminds me of the extraordinary film “Inception” produced by Christopher Nolan. This film is definitely a crazy film. The story is insane, the ability to create, imagine and integrate the dream of a person and to be able to plant an idea into a target's subconscious by infiltrating it was well thought.

Numerous themes are expressed throughout this film. Hence, the subjects that this film can be related to, is namely the notion of capitalism (indeed the main character is hired by a company to "neutralize" an important competitor), propaganda (with the idea of planting a seed into our subconscious , making us believe in something, and then following through), dreams (of course) but this film also reminds me of the film “Matrix” with the question if what we are experiencing is real or illusion illustrated in “Inception” with the final scene where we don’t know if the spinner continues or stops  scratch  scratch

Finally, I wanted to speak about the soundtrack of this film. Indeed, the main soundtrack was composed by the famous and talented composer Hans Zimmer. This soundtrack perfectly suits the film’s plot.  

For those who have missed it.
Ali Dmn
Ali Dmn

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtois Alexis Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:11 pm

Admin wrote:I'm proud to support the city of my birth.

It's a good things, that would be my dream to support the city of my birth. But it's not the cas because of their catastrophic level. Indeed, the team plays in one of the lowest echelons French...

Courtois Alexis

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas Coursault Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:26 pm

One time, I did a dream very strange. I dreamed that there was a catastrophe naturel in Poitiers, precisely when I were in the university during the class of English. The teacher, as brave man, says us: " Don't worries, I do my possible to save everybody except the students who don't like Leceister" So, I take a pen and I write Leceister on my tee-shirt and I scream "Leceister, Leceister, Leceister.."
and then I woke up.. It's more a nightmare than a dream Very Happy

Andreas Coursault

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:18 pm

Andreas Coursault wrote:One time, I did a dream very strange. I dreamed that there was a catastrophe naturel in Poitiers, precisely when I were in the university during the class of English. The teacher, as brave man, says us: " Don't worries, I do my possible to save everybody except the students who don't like Leceister" So, I take a pen and I write Leceister on my tee-shirt and I scream "Leceister, Leceister, Leceister.."
and then I woke up.. It's more a nightmare than a dream Very Happy

Laughing

Sounds possible though.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Couillebault Thomas Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:02 pm

I make the same dream of Andréas but I'm sorry, you die at the end. More seriously his subject reminds me Martin Luther King's speech, I have a dream. It's a famous speech about the difference between the white people and black. In fact, King was an american pastor and wanted the equality for everybody. An actuality topic given that slavery still exists in the 21st century. I think that anormal we speak again of this subject !

Couillebault Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Brunet Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:46 pm

I am interested in the lucid dreams a lot. A lucid dream is a dream during which the dreamer is aware of dreaming. During lucid dreaming, the dreamer may be able to exert some degree of control over the dream characters, narrative, and environment. Imagine that we can control our dreams? As if we could have the second life in another world. But it is really complicated to succeed, it is necessary to follow rather long and very precise stages. I tried, but I have never succeeded....

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-have-your-first-lucid-dream.html

Victor Brunet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alina.a Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Dreams, dreams...I dream to see people's thoughts. What they think, want and dream. I'm always interested what's going on it their brains, when we are talking together. study

Alina.a

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Bouba-Olga Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:01 pm

I'm intrigued by the dreams. I don't understand how our subconscious works and why we can dream about strange things.

Concerning my personnal dream for the future... I wish to discover every countries in the world, and when I will be older, I would like to open a zoo.

Juliette Bouba-Olga

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Amari Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:39 pm

Dreams are a really mystery . According to me dreams are the expression of our subconscious , and I think it's really interesting to study them , to understand their interpretation . But to be honest , I admit that sometimes our dreams don't really make sense.

Lisa Amari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwendoline Borrego Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:37 pm

I really like to remember my dreams, especially to see how they don't make sense. But that didn't prevent me from believing it was the reality.

Gwendoline Borrego

Back to top Go down

Post by Anas Akrache Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:24 pm

We have all our time machines. Some bring us back, and they are called memories. Some carry us on, and they are called dreams

Cit. Jeremy Irons

Anas Akrache

Birthday : 1996-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by hb Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:04 pm

Who has never dreamed about becoming rich, having a good future ? Then wake up and realize your dreams.

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

hb

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Bado Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:56 pm

In this life we mustn't let the dreams to change our life but we must fighting for the opposite

Steve Bado

Back to top Go down

Post by Aymen B Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:36 pm

Admin wrote:When this subject was suggested I thought it was dreams that you have at night.

Last night I had one of my favourite dreams. flying/floating - without any mechanical aid.

it's also my favourite dream ! maybe it's a glance to heaven lol or maybe we have that ability but we just forgot how to use it like in a movie i saw Laughing
Aymen B
Aymen B

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Boursier Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:11 pm

Sometimes during a dream i remember that i'm sleeping, and i can do everything i want, without being afraid of consequences, that's pretty cool ! (no details sorry  Evil or Very Mad  Cool )
After reading le sixième sommeil by Bernard Weber (pretty good book if you want to know more about sleeping by the way) and some investigations, i read that is possible to practice lucid dreaming by following some steps like
-writing down and detail your dreams if you remember them and
-looking at your hands (or feet) when you see something suspect (something that can happen in your dream) to see if you got less or more than 5 fingers by hand.
Personally, i just try sometimes to write down my dreams because i find this exercice funny and i like to relate some of them to my girlfirend. But it's pretty hard because you have to reconnect your brain during the night, take a pen and write... It's tiring.
Concerning lucid dreams, i'm just happy when they become, but i think it's pretty hard to control their apparition, and what after? you will just try to sleep every day and every night to practice them because you will find them better than reality  Sleep  Laughing  , i think it's a dangerous practice Twisted Evil

Joseph Boursier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down