UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 8 - The United States.

+8
Ali Dmn
Eric CHOLLET
Joseph Boursier
Anas Akrache
Marine ARTAUD
Alina.a
Lisa Amari
Admin
12 posters

Go down

Week 8 - The United States. Empty Week 8 - The United States.

Post by Admin Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:17 pm

What are your feelings about the United States. It's politics, it's leaders, it's sports, it's power ....any angle you want.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 8 - The United States. Empty Re: Week 8 - The United States.

Post by Lisa Amari Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:53 pm

The USA is regarded as the most powerful country in the worldover. It's loved and hated at the same time . Some people consider it as a developed country where life is easy , a country where anything is possible , and other see it as evil , as the responsible of a lot of destructive wars which have occured in different parts of the world like in Irak , Afghanistan etc .. And its image has worsened since the election of Donald Trump into presidency . I think that we can't remain indifferent towards this country .Everybody of us has got his/her own opinion about it . But , I must confess that I like the USA for a lot of reasons , it's a coutry of liberty , of technology , medecine , cinema , movie etc .. I enjoy the famous American way of life Cool

Lisa Amari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:25 am

I think USA is like a company, it's managed to make profit no matter how they do it (war, overconsumption, pollution...) and they put a little make-up on it (the american dream, stars like Nicki Minaj, Taylor Swift, Bieber...) so everybody think it's great and cool.
USA is the first economic power in the world because they had no limit to get to this place, and I hope it will come to an end when there will no longer be oil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alina.a Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:04 pm

America is a country that tries to be ahead in everything. I think great it is a difficult word to define it, but I think economically it definitely has strongholds. And it is also a country where you can do anything you want. I think it is a country where there are so many prospects and opportunities. For me the Americans are open people, who are free to express their thoughts and people who are very responsive. And it is a place where I definitely wanted to visit and discover.

Alina.a

Back to top Go down

Post by Marine ARTAUD Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:03 pm

The United States is a country that makes people dream. It's a country that suggests that all dreams are possible. The cities are really different from each other and leave different opportunities. The biggest people come from there, the careers of the stars are disproportionate.I went to New York and was impressed by the way citizens love their country. There are American flags all over the city, it's crazy!
Since Trump was elected President of the United States, I have the impression that the image of the United States is changing and is no longer as glamorous as it could be. Like what, everything is possible there! Someone who was not a core politician ended up president!

Marine ARTAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Anas Akrache Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:27 pm

I think that USA is so economically developped thanks to economic liberalism.
US are a state where there are more arms than citizens.
Concerning leaders as we can see that it's not the president that can take decisions but lobbies that finance him and his party.
USA is a melting pot, we find different cultures and beautiful towns. I think that it's a country that we have to visit at least one time in our life.

Anas Akrache

Birthday : 1996-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Boursier Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:51 pm

USA doesn't make me dream, the only things that makes me want to go there is dunking on Lebron James face, try some fastfoods to get cancer and the possibility to see the rare specimen Trump doing a speech in his natural habitat pig king pig .
Seriously, USA isn't my cup of tea, i think this country is overrated, there is lot of poverty, obesity, criminality, ineguality, uneducation. They just transform the country in a marketing product to appeal people, and attract more and more money. Furthermore the election of Donald Trump isn't helping me to love america (It prooves that today with money we can do everything, like buy people brain).

"In God We Trust" pig king pig

Joseph Boursier

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric CHOLLET Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:43 pm

Usa is always a dream for me but i think since the election of Donald Trump something is break…the country attracts me less…
However, i think usa form great businessmans, take the case of Frank Mc Court. He becomes billionaire with a business in sports in USA. Last year he come in France with his money,  his experience, his american culture ...and he bought the football team of Marseille! Now the club is changing in a good way ! I have the feeling that americans businessmans have more success than other !

Last edited by Eric CHOLLET on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eric CHOLLET
Eric CHOLLET

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Dmn Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:00 pm

In my opinion, the USA’s great expansion is doped by their close relationship with the petrocountries and their petrodollars.
Moreover, we can notice that whenever the national interest is harmed, they lighten an ethical war in one part of the world and let it spread. Then, they strike back and pretend that they are the heroes of the world. This strategy of divide and conquer is also a way to distract the American and the international population during hard times so the population stays calm, stays under control just like a shepherd with his sheeps. This control over the population is eased by the communication tools. They create the illusion of a common enemy somewhere out there. If you look carefully at the different conflicts, you can recognize that the same pattern is repeating over and over again. And these conflicts are always to serve the USA’s interest. Indeed, either it’s to control the population, either to sell weapons or to have access to petrol, certainly not to bring democracy or those kind of blabla. They dictate the rules without really applying themselves.

Sometimes I question myself. And I come to the result that maybe such supremacy is needed. What will happen if there wasn’t any USA domination? Would it be better or worse? I don't know. However what I do know is that in a close future, the USA's influence is going to be compromised.

In addition, we can see that they don’t just export their products; they also export their culture, their way of life. We are assisting in Americanization of the world.

Concerning Trump, in my opinion, he’s just a puppet under the control of a greater force...

To conclude, I think people are not stupid anymore. They have enough information and people are more aware of the true face of the USA.
Ali Dmn
Ali Dmn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:30 am

Eric CHOLLET wrote:Usa is always a dream for me but i think since the election of Donald Trump something his break…the country attracts me less…
However, i think usa form great businessmans, take the case of Frank Mc Court. He becomes billionaire with a business in sports in USA. Last year he come in France with his money,  his experience, his american culture ...and he bought the football team of Marseille! Now the club is changing in a good way ! I have the feeling that americans businessmans have more success than other !
OM Champions Project -> Week 8 - The United States. Ae7

Back to top Go down

Post by guillaume-baudiniere Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:19 pm

""The time has come to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel," Donald Trump said on Wednesday (December 6th) from the White House in Washington, DC. A decision that will have "dangerous consequences", warned the Palestinian Authority on the eve of this formalization. "Today, finally, we recognize the obvious, namely that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel," hammered the US president."
I think this decision by Donald Trump is particularly stupid (like many).
These words can provoke new conflicts that can be dangerous in an unstable geopolitical zone.
We can only observe the impact of these proposals in the coming days.

guillaume-baudiniere

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde Brandy Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:35 pm

Joseph Boursier wrote:
Seriously, USA isn't my cup of tea, i think this country is overrated, there is lot of poverty, obesity, criminality, ineguality, uneducation. They just transform the country in a marketing product to appeal people, and attract more and more money. Furthermore the election of Donald Trump isn't helping me to love america (It prooves that today with money we can do everything, like buy people brain).

"In God We Trust" pig king pig

I'm totally agree with you. Today USA not show their beautiful image of the "American dream" prized of all. Barack Obama is trying to do a lot of sensible things. But Donald Trump gives a very different image of the country, very negative and for me it will not stop there ...

Mathilde Brandy

Back to top Go down

Post by hb Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:59 pm

As far as I’m concerned, when I was kid and having grown up in Casablanca, I grew up with the American dream. There is a sentence that every parent says to his children once in front of the sea: “If you take a boat and go straight, you find America“ I don’t think that an American would say that to his son relating to Morocco. Smile

When we talk about America, we think directly of the “President“ Trump.  
Can we talk about the last bullshit he did ?

Indeed, Trump decided to recognize Jerusalem like the capital of Israel. Even after the calls and email he received by various kings and presidents of the different countries, Trump upheld his decision.
I got the impression that Trump became the king of the world since no one says anything to him.

Something completely different, I saw this picture on the net and found it funny Laughing  Laughing  Week 8 - The United States. 25316913

hb

Back to top Go down

Post by rachel coeurdane Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:38 pm

about United states... we all have the american dream somewhere but about me since Trump was eleteds like president i have another look about USA... We idealize the american people but i read some articles about them and it seems that they believe the brown cows are those who make chocolate milk.... hahaha ! if i can say another think, about economic, don't forget even if they have powerful they aren't attractive like before... When i see some things happened in USA, i love my little France and if i go one day there it will be just for few days of holiday.

rachel coeurdane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down