UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 8 - Recommended websites

+9
Guillaume Scrofani
jinyi zhao
YAN Wenyi
KULBAEV ELDAR
ZHANG SHUN ZHI
Valentin Poucineau
Vian Pierre-marie L3
Mike RAMSSAMY
Admin
13 posters

Go down

Week 8 - Recommended websites Empty Week 8 - Recommended websites

Post by Admin Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:22 pm

What websites can you recommend to your classmates and why? English websites preferred but not mandatory.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 8 - Recommended websites Empty Re: Week 8 - Recommended websites

Post by Mike RAMSSAMY Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:07 pm

I will advise my comrades the "American scientific" site. Because you can listen to podcasts in English on a variety of topics in medicine, for example technological advances like the ones I talked about last week. But there are also quite interesting articles on tests conducted by American researchers example the first transplantation of the head that can normally be done this month. For me this site allows to improve its listening but also to learn new things at the same time.

For the agents below the link: https://www.scientificamerican.com

Mike RAMSSAMY

Back to top Go down

Post by Vian Pierre-marie L3 Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:27 am

Hello everybody
The site i advise to you is soundcloud. It into english but you can switch it into french. Its a platform where people publish music (any kind). Both professional and public use it to share their songs on. To my opinion it is a good way to discover some new artists or some new kind. This is one of the main reason why i use it. I discovered a lot of rappers on it before they became more famous .The community is also active and welcoming.

For more: https://soundcloud.com/

Vian Pierre-marie L3

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentin Poucineau Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:46 am

The websites or applications i use the most are Spotify and Netflix.
The streaming music plateform Spotify save my money. For only 5€ a month, i can listen every music i want. I would spend a lot of money if I would buy every single or album i listen everyday.
I use Netflix almost everyday too. You can access to a lot of movies and series. I have discovered interesting things i would'nt have without Netfix. They should be careful about the increase of the costs of its services because it could push away consumers, even me.

Valentin Poucineau

Back to top Go down

Post by ZHANG SHUN ZHI Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:01 am

hello,
Finally and fortunately i have found my password of this website Embarassed i feel so tired but i don't want to go to sleep, so i decide to write something here.
As for me, the most of the English websites that i often browse are those english shopping websites Arrow To tell the truth, i often browse the french websites to search for something. But i use an APP whose name is Quora to read in English, it's somewhere we can ask all the questions and we will get the answers from others. We can always find many interesting things here. And in my free time, i watch the small english movies in a chinese website, where there we can find some chinese captions so it's easier foe me to understand.

ZHANG SHUN ZHI

Back to top Go down

Post by KULBAEV ELDAR Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:18 am

To be honest, I rarely use some sites in english but from now on I'll visit'em more often, thanks once more, John. Hm, maybe soundcloud.com: It's like some service where anyone can post his music or music of his favorite singers; It helps me a lot because I don't have to download, wait for it, memory of my phone isn't endless. So I advise you to check it out.
And maybe web-site "GQ" magazine. Sometimes I like find out there something interesting, something interesting. Doesn't matter if it's a style, hobbies, technologies or stories of travallers which motivate me. It's really interesting, i suppose. That's all

KULBAEV ELDAR

Birthday : 1998-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by YAN Wenyi Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi!
Recently, I browsed a website named “ 9GAG ”. It is an online platform and social media website which is created in Hong Kong.

I found that this website is really interesting because of its funny GIF image and video clips. Most of those works are linked to stars, popular news, movies, cartoons and comics. And the uploaders are full of imagination and humor to use those resources, which allows them to be admitted and followed by not only the members of 9GAG, but also the users of Facebook and Instagram.

So if you are bored and tired sometimes, it will be a good chance to have a look at 9GAG to fun yourself!

https://9gag.com/

YAN Wenyi

Back to top Go down

Post by jinyi zhao Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:45 pm

Hello,everyone. I want to recommend Lang-8.com. This website was created in 2007 whose headquaters is in Japan. The principal idea of the site is language exchange for example, if you chose french when you register and then you chose english as the second language, you can receive the help of people whose mother language is english. They can help you correct your english thesis. Generally, you can receive your correction within 2 days. I think this website is very useful for us considering that we all learn a foreign language. What's more, we can help the people who learn our mother language, it's a win-win situation for the users.

jinyi zhao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guillaume Scrofani Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:39 pm

Hello!
There are three websites I appreciate to consult when I want to practice my English.

The first one is VOA which stand for Voice of America. It’s a news website with a language learning section in which one we can read articles sorted in three different levels. Depending on the level the length of the articles and the level of vocabulary differ. It’s a useful website for those who want both learn English and read about the various topic. Plus the articles are transcribed and we can listen to an audio in which the articles are read by the journalist who wrote it.

The second is the New York Times website. It’s a reference in journalism and the English use to write the articles is sometimes challenging, at least for me, especially when the topic is complex. Such as science or politics.

The third one is Ted X Talks. The Ted X conferences are a good way to learn about the various topic and practice his listening comprehension. For those who are naturally curious, this website will satisfy their needs for knowledge.

Guillaume Scrofani

Back to top Go down

Post by yuyang Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:20 pm

Goodyear evening, everyone.
For this last topic, i don’t know much English website, but if i have to recommend one to your guys, i think TED is a posh choice. Like the mean thought of this website : ideas worth spreading. You can see many interesting and sagacious speeches. With different ideas which can cause us to think. cyclops

yuyang

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby Redureau Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:05 am

Hi,
For fans of football and humor I offer the site "Dirty Tackle". Warning to the tackle at the knees, Dirty Tackle gives you football, culture and lots of nonsense. You will find videos, articles to have fun and enjoy your loved sport.

Bobby Redureau

Back to top Go down

Post by Nantian YAN Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:03 pm

HI,EVERYONE

I want to recommend you an online education website that offers online courses. And available in many languages such as English,Spanish,French,Chinese,Arabic,Russian,Portuguese,Turkish,Ukrainian and so on.

It works with universities and other organizations to offer online courses, specializations, and degrees in a variety of subjects, such as engineering, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, data science, and others.These courses provide quizzes, weekly exercises, peer-graded assignments as well, and sometimes a final project or exam.I think it is very good for us to learn something.

https://www.coursera.org/

Nantian YAN

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down