UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charles Aznavour Benjamin Bacaria

Go down

Charles Aznavour Benjamin Bacaria Empty Charles Aznavour Benjamin Bacaria

Post by Benjamin BACARIA Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:32 pm

Charles Aznavour,

« At 18 years old, I left my home province … », at 18 years old, I tell about Charles Aznavour… but it’s very difficult in just 100 words.
He was born on May 22th, 1924.

His parents were Armenian immigrants and his father sang in restaurants. During World War II, Charles and his family hid a lot of people who were persecuted by the Nazis.

He was considered all his life as an activist and he helped his country through his charity. He wrote the song « Pour toi Arménie » after the Armenian earthquake in 1988. He was involved in French an international politics as his career progressed.

But Charles Aznavour had a long career as an actor, appearing in over 80 films for example « Tirez sur le pianiste », or « The Tin Drum ». He is best know for his singing career with famous songs like « For me Formidable », « la Bohème », « Emmenez-moi », « Je me voyais déjà » or committed songs about homosexuality in « Comme ils disent ».

He died on October 1st, 2018. He was a great artist whose songs will remain in all generations.

Benjamin BACARIA

Back to top Go down