UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group B discussion 2

+9
Chloé Gailledrat
Blong
Caroline Lemoigne
Clothilde Pluchart
Manon Saroul
Amelie Trarieux
Emeline Giffard
Pauline Maurisset
Admin
13 posters

Go down

Group B discussion 2 Empty Group B discussion 2

Post by Admin Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:37 pm

You chose Food. I expect an interesting and colourful chat. And can I just put it out there that French food is no longer the envy of the world. Rolling Eyes
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group B discussion 2 Empty Re: Group B discussion 2

Post by Pauline Maurisset Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:15 pm

Ok, so, to start the debate, I just wanna say that we all have to recognize things: gastronomy is part of the French heritage.
Do you agree with that ?

Pauline Maurisset

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline Giffard Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:48 pm

Pauline Maurisset wrote:Ok, so, to start the debate, I just wanna say that we all have to recognize things: gastronomy is part of the French heritage.
Do you agree with that ?
Here i join the debate, well i would say that indeed, it holds a very important meaning in our heritage. We are rather proud of our gastronomy.

I mean, in 2010, UNESCO recongnized the French gastronomy as "world intangible heritage" so...https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/8138348/UNESCO-declares-French-cuisine-world-intangible-heritage.html

Beside the historical meaning, food has a very important place in our daily lives in France : i mean, everyone in France likes to talk about food. You can have looooong conversations with people just about food, its crazy xD And we like to gather with our family or friends to have great meals, not just for some occasions like Christmas or Easter.

But aren't we TOO proud of it ? I mean some people like to claim that our gastronomy is the best in the world, but my, i disagree. I think they are many countries in the world which have such delicious food (especially in the Asian side of the world, my god)

Group B discussion 2 25-04310

Group B discussion 2 Fd7e4110Group B discussion 2 9c246010Group B discussion 2 Sushi-10

Group B discussion 2 Bucket10
Emeline Giffard
Emeline Giffard

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelie Trarieux Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:25 am

I am very proud to be french and very proud of french food (obviously), but what I like most about food is how it gather people. We all love food and sharing a meal with each others is a strong part of french culture but what's best is that IT'S NOT ONLY FRENCH CULTURE. I did many "friendsgiving" with Internationals students (or when I was an international student) and we all just loved sharing a meal with specialities from all around the world cooked by people from all around the world. Food is international, food is love, food is life. *emoji drop the mic*
Amelie Trarieux
Amelie Trarieux

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelie Trarieux Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:38 pm

Concerning your message Pauline, I totally agree on the fact that Gastronomy is a part of French heritage, not only are we known worldwide for our cooking skills but French Chef travel all around the world to share this know-how in other countries.
Amelie Trarieux
Amelie Trarieux

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Saroul Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:10 pm

Hi everybody ! I'm dropping in the subject !

So ... Food subject wasn't my choice but, to be honest, i'm not surprise that people choose that one ! Like Pauline, Emeline and Amelie said, food is a strong part of the french culture ! And how to say the opposite ? We are famous for our food all around the world !
For the little story, when i was in New Zealand, it was really hard for me to don't find food like in France ... I know, it's the part of their culture and i fell in love with some of their food (Real fish and chips at every street corner Oh My God it was sooooooo tasty), but it's so different in every point : no real cheese, a lot of fast food ...
With my french friends, we were always talking about food and our misses, even if we were eating at this moment. It's at this moment that i realized that french people are addicted and obsessed about food bounce
To be honest, I think that "good food" is also a question of taste ! A lot of foreign people must be like "what is this strange taste?" when they try our cuisine. And we are in the same position when we try foreign cuisine : For exemple, asian food and spicy food. It taste different so the first time it could be strange and maybe not really pleasant. But Emeline, i totally agree with you, i like asian food so much and after seeing your picture, i'm just like "If I had asian restaurant delivered?" ahahah.
John, I confess, when I was in Manchester, I went to a traditional restaurant and i was very surprised about the taste of the food ! It was really good !

Manon Saroul

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Saroul Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:16 pm

Amelie, are you okay ? I'm very surprised not to see the word RACLETTE in your post ! Very Happy

Manon Saroul

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Saroul Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:19 pm

Group B discussion 2 12796311
Group B discussion 2 Raclet10

Manon Saroul

Back to top Go down

Post by Clothilde Pluchart Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:26 pm

Hi everybody.
I agree with Manon, Pauline and Amelie, I think the food makes part of the french culture and represent such as the music a means of communication in the world. For my part, I like speak the food and take the time to share a meal with my family and friends. For example, when you eating in the CEPE, the people come with their food and you observe for you give ideas for the others meals (if you have the courage to cook). Each person have a culture different on the food, I learn still many of things on the french food and I learn a little on the other food such as indian food, chinesse food, italian food, ... But my taste are very french and I try to test the new food to discover the others tastes. For example, when I stayed three months in United Kingdom, I tested some speciality but after a long moment my stomach wants to comme back in France and to find its culinary habits.
I hope one day to be a good cooker and have the courage to prepare all my food by myself.
Clothilde Pluchart
Clothilde Pluchart

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Lemoigne Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:28 pm

Good evening everyone !

I totally agree with everything you said until then!

When you go to another country and people discover that you come from France, they immediately start talking about French cuisine and Paris, it's amazing!

What I missed the most when I was in Erasmus in Romania was the bread, cheese and desserts! The base!
I have always found that bread is rarely good in other countries, ah the French are never happy ahah!

Caroline Lemoigne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:24 am

Interesting fact:

England has more varieties of cheese than France.

My home town's cheese speciality is Stilton.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Blong Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:07 pm

Hey guys !

I totally agree about the fact that French gastronomy is really really good. As a migrant child, I wasn't use to eat French food. I was only eating asian food until I ate for the first time when I was 10 in the cantine ! I never understood why French "French" kids didn't like the food. I felt like they were so lucky even if it wasn't gastronomy. French food and Asian food are totally different. I can't tell which one is the best BUT my favorite meal of all time is definitely RAAAAAMEEEN ! Oh my god ! I discovered it in Japan and I felt in love with it ! I couldn't spent more than 2 days without eating ramen. It was just like a drug ! I felt like I was in heaven. Feeling the warmth of my bowl around my face was really comforting. I felt a lot of pleasure when I smelt the wonderful smell of a ramen. Ramen was my harem (I am so good at bad pun). The noodles were so soft and impregnated of the soup. The ramen masters always found the right balance between the noodles and the soup and it was amazing. I felt so sad when I wasn't able to eat ramen every 2 days when I got back in France... Now, I found a ramen restaurant but it will never be as delicious as the one I ate there... Every night I am screaming and crying for a ramen. Fortunately I am dreaming of ramen and I am feeling better when I am waking up. I am sorry but no dish can beat ramen.

Group B discussion 2 43740012[/url]Group B discussion 2 43753311
Group B discussion 2 43823112
Group B discussion 2 43823111Group B discussion 2 43828810
Group B discussion 2 43880410
Blong
Blong

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Gailledrat Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:24 pm

Good Evening everyone !
I'm glad to speak about food and I agree with everybody. Food is so important to French People, we even talk about "Les Arts de la Table", food became an art for us ! I thinks food is the better way to discover a new country and a new culture because each country evolved in a different way at different time according to their geographical space and their story. Japanese eats a lot of fish because they're in an island whereas Italian food uses fish too but in a different way because they could put them with pastas, tomatoes and pesto. Food is a lot of possible mix, a lot of possibilities !
My father is cook so I watch him cook since I'm a kid but I learnt to cook only for I live alone because I can make my own discovers about cooking. The main reason is that I could'nt learn to cook with my father because he could not help but do everything in my place (professional obsession) ! But now, he gives me a lot of advice like how to choose my vegetables in a supermarket, how to cook some recipies or how to make them tastier and it's very cool.
Chloé Gailledrat
Chloé Gailledrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Babis Papageorgiou Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:34 pm

Hello everyone!

Of course French kitchen and gastronomy is very popular in all arround the world but I don't think it's popular in countries that really have kitchens with strong character and tamperament like italian, spanish, mexican, turkish.

The advantage with France is that her spot in the map help her to develop different kitchens in different areas. For example in South they have mediterrenean cuisine while in north they cook totally differently with seafood from atlantic ocean and other matters.

Personally I like french kitchen. I don't prefer it from greek of course and it's normal because I grew up with these tastes and I love them. I love the greek kitchen because you can really find a true taste in vegetables and fruits because of the climate and their maturity. We respect the first matter and we don't really change the tastes of food when we cook.

I am totally open to taste new food and learn different technics of preparation of food.
I agree with everyone, food is culture, is tradition.You can understand a lot from the alimentary habbits of a country or of some people.

I can't understand people who don't eat some food because they have some blessures from their childhood and they can't fight for it-eat.
Babis Papageorgiou
Babis Papageorgiou

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Guillon Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Hi everyone, I hope you are having a good Sunday!! I read all your posts, and I agree with all of you!! Gastronomy is a part of the French heritage, and we are very proud of! France is famous in this field! But, like Amelie said, Food is international! France is not the only country that made good food!! Personally, I love French food but I love most Asian food with sushi!  Razz

I was born in Angouleme, so I know the city, and it’s a city that have very very very good restaurants!! So I give you my favourite list for those who want to visit the best places:

If you want to eat japan food, you must have to go to “SUCHI H”, it’s the best! For Italian food, you have “ANGOLO L ITALIA”, I advise you to go on midday because it’s less expensive if you take the dish of the day. For Indian food, you have to go to “JARDIN DU KASHMIR”!! If you want to eat traditional Chinese noodles (and home-made too), you have “A LA CANTONNAISE” I think they made ramen too. It’s delicious! For the American food, you have the choice between “GARRETT MEALS” an authentic American restaurant with a beautiful decoration (they have an American bike in the restaurant) and you have “GASPARD” if you want succulent burgers. If you want to watch your figure, you have to go to “GARDEN CUPCAKE” but only at midday because they proposed healthy food with a lot of vegetables! During afternoon, they proposed beautiful cupcakes!! To finish my restaurant list, if you want to eat French food, you have to good to « LA BULLE GOURMANDE », it’s expensive but it’s the best, they offer high quality product and I’m sure we don’t be disappointed!

So I wish you a good appetite!!  Very Happy

JARDIN DU KASHMIR
Group B discussion 2 Indien12

A LA CANTONAISE
Group B discussion 2 La_can12

SUSHI H, Like Amelie said, Food is also the pleasure of sharing with other people !!
Group B discussion 2 Sushi11

Marina Guillon

Back to top Go down

Post by FLEGEAU PAULINE Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:05 pm

Hi everyone !!
I hope you are having a great week-end ans are ready for star new week !
All your posts are interesting !! And I agree too with all of yours!!
Gastronomy in France isn't a joke ! It is very serious, so serious that French chefs are recognized in the world! But many of yours tell it, food is international!
For me, two of my favorite cuisines ; spanish and mexican ![img]https://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.takeaway.com%2Fbe-Group B discussion 2 Imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fcache.magicmaman.com%2Fdata%2Fphoto%2Fw1000_ci%2F53%2Fcuisine_espagnole.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.magicmaman.com%2F%2Cnos-meilleurs-recettes-de-cuisine-espagnole%2C2362403.asp&docid=2z0Vwkvy9QlxBM&tbnid=WFu6d0xq9_tYvM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjDm-zOwYbeAhVSLBoKHcA9AB4QMwigAShXMFc.Group B discussion 2 Imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ladepeche.fr%2Fcontent%2Fmedia%2Fimage%2Flarge%2F2017%2F12%2F07%2F2420857-fotolia-el-baratillo.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ladepeche.fr%2Farticle%2F2017%2F11%2F08%2F2680752-el-baratillo-la-cuisine-espagnole-s-invite-a-toulouse.html&docid=-NZANZtIjtOseM&tbnid=0Hm6gt9bljEikM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjDm-zOwYbeAhVSLBoKHcA9AB4QMwhlKB0wHQ.Group B discussion 2 Imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Ffoodscene.deliveroo.fr%2Fassets%2Fimages%2Fblogs%2Ffoodscene.deliveroo.fr%2Ffr%2Finspiration-culinaire%2F1cQIcQ3690GqvuXsvs8RvYdCSmpv3uEMVDAnIhJDx8EA%2Fh_es_and_fr_-tacos_mexicanos.jpg%3Fv%3D1.01&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Ffoodscene.deliveroo.fr%2Finspiration-culinaire%2Flivraison-mexicain-grenoble-quesadilla-burrito.html&docid=5IrnaZKtSv_asM&tbnid=wQHIA62ZyAltkM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwiq-PnPwYbeAhXpz4UKHbBXBL4QMwhiKB8wHw.Group B discussion 2 Imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fcommons%2Fthumb%2F4%2F47%2FChocolate_con_churros_de_lazo.jpg%2F240px-Chocolate_con_churros_de_lazo.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Ffr.vikidia.org%2Fwiki%2FCuisine_espagnole&docid=pwThBlRbzkPdGM&tbnid=Nn7Jr3DPqyElPM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjDm-zOwYbeAhVSLBoKHcA9AB4QMwiOAShFMEU..i&w=240&h=180&bih=577&biw=1366&q=cuisine%20espagnole&ved=0ahUKEwjDm-zOwYbeAhVSLBoKHcA9AB4QMwiOAShFMEU&iact=mrc&uact=8#h=180&imgdii=pueEvSnt4NrqbM:&vet=10ahUKEwjDm-zOwYbeAhVSLBoKHcA9AB4QMwiOAShFMEU.fr%2Ffoodwiki%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F3%2F2018%2F03%2Fla-cuisine-espagnole.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.takeaway.com%2Fbe-fr%2Ffoodwiki%2Fespagne%2F&docid=8RBNKCkC3hVKLM&tbnid=vaec_8Kl3Qw_8M%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjDm-zOwYbeAhVSLBoKHcA9AB4QMwiQAShHMEc..i&w=1440&h=960&bih=577&biw=1366&q=cuisine%20espagnole&ved=0ahUKEwjDm-zOwYbeAhVSLBoKHcA9AB4QMwiQAShHMEc&iact=mrc&uact=8[/img]
FLEGEAU PAULINE
FLEGEAU PAULINE

Back to top Go down

Post by FLEGEAU PAULINE Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:13 pm

Group B discussion 2 Tapas10
Group B discussion 2 Todo-r10
Group B discussion 2 Images10

Sorry ! I'm not very skill with computer XD
FLEGEAU PAULINE
FLEGEAU PAULINE

Back to top Go down

Post by FLEGEAU PAULINE Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:18 pm

I'm so sad for people who have food allergies ! To say that they can't eat some dishes so delicious! Sad But for some people, it's better that they do not eat these dishes to stay alive ^^'

Ps: I think of you Blong, I eat ramen! Laughing
FLEGEAU PAULINE
FLEGEAU PAULINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelie Trarieux Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:55 am

OK MARINA I ABSOLUTELY ADORE YOU for sharing a list of good restaurant in Angouleme! If any of you are interested, I reallyyyy want to go to the Jardin du Kashmir now so let's go this weekend!

And Pauline, quite the interesting subject to bring up allergies. One of my best friends recently developed an intolerance to Gluten (yes I know allergies and intolerance are two different things) and it's heartbreaking to see (for real). We share the same love for food and now, finding a restaurant that offers good gluten-free or EVEN BUYING BREAD without selling a kidney first is hard. So yeah food allergies or intolerances are awful. Crying or Very sad

Amelie Trarieux
Amelie Trarieux

Back to top Go down

Group B discussion 2 Empty

Post by Léanne Imare Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:12 pm

FLEGEAU PAULINE wrote:I'm so sad for people who have food allergies ! To say that they can't eat some dishes so delicious! Sad But for some people, it's better that they do not eat these dishes to stay alive ^^'

Ps: I think of you Blong, I eat ramen!  Laughing

I agree with you, I'm thinking about people who have eggs allergies. They cannot eat cake with eggs and they have to be very attention when eating somehing cooked by someone else. No
Léanne Imare
Léanne Imare

Back to top Go down

Post by FLEGEAU PAULINE Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:18 pm

Yes I agree with Amélie about Marina ! Now she is restaurant guide of Angoulême !!

Indeed, allergies and intolerance are different but in the end both stop people to eat all they want ... I have friend who is allergic of chocolate !!!!! You can imagine this ?!
FLEGEAU PAULINE
FLEGEAU PAULINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Saroul Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:31 pm

it's still me, I decidedly want to talk today ... No, more seriously, I'm not joking with disrespect so I want to apologize if I could seem disrespectful today. I didn't realize I was talking so much.

Ps: Marina i'm juste seeing your list of best restaurants and i'm so pressed to discover all of this ! Thanks a lot !

Manon Saroul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum