UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autonomous work - Design thinking - Marion

3 posters

Go down

Autonomous work - Design thinking - Marion Empty Autonomous work - Design thinking - Marion

Post by Marion.LM Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:17 am

Marion.LM

Back to top Go down

Autonomous work - Design thinking - Marion Empty Re: Autonomous work - Design thinking - Marion

Post by Marion.LM Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:10 am

Hi !!

In this course, first, we are going to define what is design :
- showing you ‘How to make compositions’
Design thinking can structure your natural creativity to come up with solutions to all kinds of problems, it’s the “‘how to” guides and practical design activities.
To recap, designs are the things that design thinking produces.
If you see around you, all is designed ; it exists as a result of human thought about what is needed. Whatever the need, design is something that can help.

On the other hand , design, intentionally or unintentionally, changes our behaviour. For example, according to Lawrence Lessig noticed how designs regulating human behaviour in certain ways. Lessig describes four ways in which human behaviour is controlled and regulated :
The first is by the law. It is determined that it is illegal, If we break the law, we are penalised.
The second is by norms. In places where people do park they observe an unofficial code.
The third is by the market. If the market determines a price is not adpated....we can succed.
The final way is by architecture. It could impose a certain orientation, because the architecture 'tells' us to.

In fact, design is something that creates social or cultural value (like ease and effectiveness of use, economic value, aesthetic value, functionality, meaningfulness....). MOreover, the designer’s role is also to listen and help in producing a solution to the problem.

Design is not a simple thing !!!
Design is all around us.
Design satisfies need.
Design creates value.
Design changes behaviour.
Design involves people

Next week, next lesson ! (3 Composition in design)

Marion.LM

Back to top Go down

Autonomous work - Design thinking - Marion Empty Re: Autonomous work - Design thinking - Marion

Post by Admin Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:40 pm

ouch!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion.LM Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:29 pm

Admin wrote:ouch!

You don't like my subject Mister Admin ?

Marion.LM

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:41 pm

Marion.LM wrote:

I thought the Art subject was complex for me to understand but it was interesting. This one seems as complicated but so far not as interesting. I await developments. Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion.LM Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Admin wrote:
Marion.LM wrote:

I thought the Art subject was complex for me to understand but it was interesting. This one seems as complicated but so far not as interesting. I await developments. Laughing

Ok, it's complex for me too... but I am your new teacher Razz Razz Razz !! I can tell you one thing... I began "design" 7 years ago....and I don't have the answer about what it is exactely !!!! Because " the more I discover the art design the more I discover that I do not know it". I think, the complexity is that we have not an exact definition....for me, "design" can't be "imprison" in one definition....

Marion.LM

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion.LM Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:35 pm

Hi !!!
Today it's lesson !!!

In this part of the course, you will learn about composition in design :
For example, a composition of a piece of musicit's its structure, organisation and rhythms......

In this part of lesson, we learn with an activity to understand the composition term. In this activity, each line of the picture is "traced. The objective is to organise the picture in parts (into a visual structure by placing them in a line), and this created a composition.

About proportion, there are many factors guiding a designer’s judgement of proportion. The most famously, is the ‘Golden Ratio’. It has been used as a guiding principle for establishing proportion. A simplified version of the Golden Ratio is expressed in the ‘rule of thirds’.

About Positive and negative space, the text speak about the artist M.C. Escher and give an example about the positive and negative space use.
Autonomous work - Design thinking - Marion B1u14f10

I love Escher because Escher's artistic expression was created from images in his mind.

I'm sorry John, I know it's a little bit boring....I am suprised because for me composition or picture structure it's about art description,.....it's a part of design but not "Design Thinking".

For French person, "Design Thinking" (UX Design) is a king of metodogy (including people is the process of the creation of something) and not the manner to analyse art or design... Maybe in english it's different from French... I will see....

IN Next course !

Marion.LM

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:15 am

Nice picture Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion.LM Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:10 am

Hiiii !!!
I wanted to finish this lesson, but, in fact, it already finished !!! The last diapositives was not very long and added nothing...
I am a little bit desappointed by this lesson....It is not very complete. The lesson about Delacroix was much more complete and precise. This lesson seems me very short in fact !

The end of the year comes closer, so I would like to present you an article extrat from Futur Science. It's about environment and the main news in 2018. Ironically, it's good news !!!! I thank I was bad news....because all news about environment are bad news....

As we know, lots of bees die because of the human activity and also deseases. A vaccine is found to fight against a particular desease  cheers

Since 2000, the hole in the ozone layer closed slowly ( ya....the ozone layer recreate itself at a rhythm 1 at 3 % per decade) Slowly but surely ! cheers

Wild panda numbers increase !!! cheers Like Lions and sharks ! cheers

Species that we thank vanished were not vanished !!  cheers

Carbon emissions have not increased since 3 years in Europe and reduce in China and United States  cheers

I wanted to finish this year on a positive note !

Marion.LM

Back to top Go down

Post by Mégane Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:23 pm

Hiii !

Thanks Marion now I know that All is Design, when it makes by the Human. I understand that when you create or make something you also design it.
I didn't know M.C. Escher. His litographs are an interesting work of shapes !

This one is beautifull. Hand with reflecting sphere

Autonomous work - Design thinking - Marion Hand_w10
Mégane
Mégane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mégane Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:42 pm

"Carbon emissions have not increased since 3 years in Europe and reduce in China and United States " i am so supprised !

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/co2-emissions-reached-an-all-time-high-in-2018/

They explained in this news paper "In nations where emissions are still rising, often in response to economic growth and improved living standards, the challenges are often greater. Even in countries with high rates of deployment for wind and solar, such as India and China, growing demand for energy is still eclipsing growth in renewables "... Rolling Eyes

"In nations where emissions are already trending downward—the United States, for one—they must find ways to reduce their emissions even faster"
So is not really good at all for the moment.

But "That can be done by displacing fossil fuels with clean energy, .." like the Fusion power (you can see in the post of Jeremy we talked about that in the last pages) Wink

Last edited by Mégane on Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mégane
Mégane

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion.LM Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:46 pm

Mégane wrote:Hiii !

Thanks Marion now I know that All is Design, when it makes by the Human. I understand that when you create or make something you also design it.
I didn't know M.C. Escher. His litographs are an interesting work of shapes !

This one is beautifull. Hand with reflecting sphere

Autonomous work - Design thinking - Marion Hand_w10

I love this one : so simple but so complexe too !!
Autonomous work - Design thinking - Marion 33946d10

Marion.LM

Back to top Go down

Post by Mégane Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:49 pm

Very captivating indeed Very Happy
Mégane
Mégane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down