UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final week topic - both groups.

+4
Léanne Imare
Emeline Giffard
Manon Saroul
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Final week topic - both groups. Empty Final week topic - both groups.

Post by Admin Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:52 pm

Before you all go back home to enjoy your holiday a final topic.

I'd like you to let me know what you thought to the last 3 months at the CEPE and particularly in English. You can be honest as I use this feedback to change and improve my courses for next year. I am always fine with reading constructive criticism - it's the best way to adapt and make the learning experience, I give it, so I can take it. I'd also like to hear any suggestions that you have for your second semester. What do you think you need? What do you want? I like to try one or two new things, it makes the classes more interesting for me and we often learn through failure Laughing

Whatever you write here will not have any effect on your mark whatsoever, so no need to simply tell me I'm fantastic (Pauline already thinks I know that Embarassed )

Hope you all have safe trips back home, a wonderful Christmas, a great new year and I look forward to seeing you in January. santa

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Final week topic - both groups. Empty Re: Final week topic - both groups.

Post by Manon Saroul Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:15 pm

Firstly, I would like to tell you thank you because it's the first time of my schooling that I laugh so much in class ! And to be honest it's pretty good because it's easier to speak english when you are in a good mood and that you know that you're teacher won't judge you (whatever ... But always laughing and that's great!). You break the too serious side of English lessons that I knew and that have only slowed down my learning because I dreaded the moment to pass the oral ! I think that the idea of the game that we played yesterday is a great idea and may be you could use it more ! It allows us to learn vocabulary and try to explain it orally while having fun !
May be that more of grammar lessons could be good. Not a boring lesson about it but maybe more trick not to be wrong with a small list of things to remember, as we have been able to do but perhaps in a much deeper way to correct the language errors. And, may be I say that because I know that I have a wonderful accent Laughing but may be a bigger lesson about that could be interesting !

But honestly don't change anything, you're the best (oops I had already written that before seeing that whatever we say it will not influence our mark, too bad! Laughing)

Have a lovely Christmas all !

Manon Saroul

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline Giffard Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:26 pm

No need but, I'm fantastic.

Last edited by Emeline Giffard on Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emeline Giffard
Emeline Giffard

Back to top Go down

Post by Léanne Imare Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:27 pm

No need to tell but I'm fantastic <3
Final week topic - both groups. Chat_l10
Léanne Imare
Léanne Imare

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:27 pm

Final week topic - both groups. Giphy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline Giffard Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:57 pm

Uuuu you didn't get the joke, did you ? xD

More seriously, I agree with Manon. I really appreciate the way we can talk in class, it is a really good exercise, and the mood is always really good, so it is really fun.

It would be even better if we could learn more vocabulary though. Like Manon said, the game we played was really good for that ! Both for learning new words but also to make us use words we wouldn't normally use, so yeah I really liked that part.

Also, i found the idea of using a forum really interesting (even though i have to admit, i wasn't really active on it, I apologize for that haha), but maybe we could use it to exchange more vocabulary ?

And as it won't have any effect on my mark, i won't make any good comment about you.

Just kidding, I agree with Manon too, don't change Very Happy

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ! Very Happy

Emeline Giffard
Emeline Giffard

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:02 pm

No I didn't get the joke - I'm sorry. I also wanted to put a homer GIF in the thread.

And all the marks are already finished and sent for this semester.

I got last year's students to create "Taboo" cards with marketing vocabulary that I'll bring out for you to try next year. Some of them aren't that good. Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SALMA FARES Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:12 pm

Hello Mr,
i wanted to thank you beacause in all your lessons i had a lot of fun , really !!! i think we need Tooooooooo much hours in english so everybody can improve it, i agree with Manon and Emeline w need more game like this , and more give our opinion ( i don't know if it's named like this looll) like the other time when we talked about women and advertising , so we can express ourselves better.

by the way i'm super fantastic (lool)

have a nice holidays !!!
SALMA FARES
SALMA FARES

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelie Trarieux Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Hi John,

You already know that I adooooore your English classes and they have always been, beyond compare, the best time of my week. I wish that we could have more hours because 10 hours per semester is just ridiculous but I know that you can't change anything about it.
Just as Manon and Emeline said, I loved the Taboo, you make English funny and interesting, I wish we could learn a bit more vocabulary and don't change because you are amazing.
You're the best and I'm looking forward to English lessons next semester.
Enjoy the Christmas season y'all!
Amelie Trarieux
Amelie Trarieux

Back to top Go down

Post by Léanne Imare Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:42 pm

Clearly, your class is one of the course I like the most! I mean after all those exausting course we have all week, I really enjoy yours. I can relax but still learn a lot of important things such as pronouncation or grammar. And because they are some great students in our class, everytime we participate we can improve our english level. Furthermore it's a free-talk class, every subject can be discussed about as long that it's in english. A good class + a good teacher = a good lesson and 2 happy hours so : Well done John!
Léanne Imare
Léanne Imare

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Gailledrat Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:50 pm

Hello John !

Of course I enjoyed your courses, it help me a lot about my lacks of expression skills and I want to improve more for the next semester thanks to you Wink Everyone can take part to the discussions, I like to debate between us and discuss online about a subject and we laugh a lot every week ^^ No one judge you even when you make some mistakes, we can correct each other. I only hope to learn more vocabulary about professional English next semester like simulate meetings or work in an English company, how to talk about marketing and budget in English, this kind of things but I am really satisfied of your courses !
Chloé Gailledrat
Chloé Gailledrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Cédric Bourgeois Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:04 pm

Hi John, I was happy about your course because you speak with everyone and you adapt your course for everyone with a good or bad level.
I like it because you understand that everyone is not bilingual in English and you try to help us. Some other teachers forget the people who are bad in english but you you help everyone.

And your course is also funny, it's not a classical English boring course, you try to make it funny Smile
Cédric Bourgeois
Cédric Bourgeois

Birthday : 1995-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down