UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think that cartoons are only for children ?

+4
iman ghouzi
Blong
farah ayedi
Emeline Giffard
8 posters

Go down

Do you think that cartoons are only for children ?  Empty Do you think that cartoons are only for children ?

Post by Emeline Giffard Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:26 pm

Hello there ! ^^

So, Salma actually gave me this idea with her topic about childhood cartoons this week. I remembered watching many cartoons when I was younger, and till this day, I still like to watch cartoons, despite the fact that I grew up.

I often hear many people saying that cartoons are mostly for children. That it is not really "mature" to like watching cartoons. But, is it really the case ?

In my opinion, cartoons (and before I go on, by cartoons I also mean japanese one. I'm just really lazy to write "cartoons AND anime", so forgive me. Cartoons and animes are different though but I'll be talking about both anyway in this post), even though their main target are children, can also target adults. I think animations is a great way to adress many issue that do not concern children but adults too.

This is especially true with Animes (japanese cartoons). Many of them are clearly not meant to be wacthed by children, and some of them deal with dark theme (some of them can actually trick you into thinking they are all about cute adventures, but god no)

(Think this is cute ? Hahaha no this is hell)

Cartoons can also be used to convey positive messages about the LGBTQ+ community, which is not something that many children are really aware of what it truly means.

Many cartoons also deal with current issues such as the environement in their story, which are messages that are much more understood by adults rather than by children.

So, what do you think ? Do you think that cartoons are just for children ?
Emeline Giffard
Emeline Giffard

Back to top Go down

Do you think that cartoons are only for children ?  Empty Re: Do you think that cartoons are only for children ?

Post by farah ayedi Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:50 pm

Hello Emeline!
I share the same opinion with you, I think cartoons aren't just for children.
In fact, when we watch some cartoons, that we had already watch it when we were children,today when we are adults we understand more things about the story and the characters.
So, like you said some cartoons discuss some topics in their story, which has messages that are more understood by adults rather than by children.
farah ayedi
farah ayedi

Birthday : 1995-10-10

Back to top Go down

Do you think that cartoons are only for children ?  Empty Re: Do you think that cartoons are only for children ?

Post by Blong Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:40 pm

Hi everyone !
I agree with all of you guys ! I have been watching cartoon since I was a child and I can say that I have been traumatised by some of them ! Indeed, animes such as Death Note or Berserk are definitely not aimed to children.

People who think that cartoon are made for children are wrong. I challenge them to put their children in front of a cartoon like Attack on Titan to see if it's made for kids. Same for videogames such as The Last of Us or Resident Evil.
Blong
Blong

Back to top Go down

Post by iman ghouzi Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:24 am

I totally agree with you Emeline!!

Cartoons are not just for children . I enjoy watching cartoons infact when i am with my little cousins and they really intratein me  Very Happy . 

It's weird when you watch cartoons today that you used to watch when you were a child and you are surprised the same as when you were young !!
iman ghouzi
iman ghouzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:25 am

It's one of the good things about having grand children.

I've enjoyed watching PJ Masks which I'd never have seen without my 4 year old.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Meghane Cren Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:04 pm

Cartoon for children ? I don't care if we say it, like that I can pretend to keep my childish soul longer. I am 24 years old (no comments from Emeline, thank you in advance) but I still watch as much as I did during my childhood. By the way, I recently found a site with ALL THE DISNEY REALIZED so..... Well, that was a good excuse to get back into it.
After that, I was raised by a mother who herself watched a lot of cartoon, so well, I was immersed in what. So, I'm fine with that. I can boast a good general knowledge in this field (will understand who can;))
Meghane Cren
Meghane Cren

Back to top Go down

Post by farah ayedi Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:53 pm

I thought about you when I saw this partnership between ouigo and dragon ball Z, that's one more reason to say that cartoons are for all ages because the target of ouigo is not children.
Do you think that cartoons are only for children ?  110
Do you think that cartoons are only for children ?  210
Do you think that cartoons are only for children ?  310
farah ayedi
farah ayedi

Birthday : 1995-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Clothilde Pluchart Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:47 pm

Hello everyone,

I agree with you girls. Very Happy

There is no age limit for watching cartoons. I'm still looking at it myself. I admit a little less on television but more on Netflix or DVD (and yes it still exists) and when I was very young I had some in VHS (it was amazing how many times you can watch the same thing in a row when you're little).

Of course I think everyone at these favorite cartoons but honestly I like to watch a little bit of everything it allows to see different types of cartoons.

And finally to show you that there is no age to go to see cartoons, well it was an animation movie (I know right away the big words, it's more serious), I went to see Dragons 3 in the movies with my sister and it's really great the pictures are incredible and it's super easy to let yourself be immersed in this universe and forget everything that's next door.

That's my point of view on cartoons, I hope you didn't mind.

Have a nice holiday. Cool
Clothilde Pluchart
Clothilde Pluchart

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Gailledrat Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:44 pm

Hello !
Definitely not ! I like to watch cartoons and Disney movies are cartoons for example. I like to see if my favorite shows when I was kid, have changed with time. I like to see animation movies, it make me feel more things than the others movies. For example, I always cry in front of a Pixar Movie. At the end of Inside Out my feeling were Inside out too ! It's the real power of animation according to me.
Chloé Gailledrat
Chloé Gailledrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down