UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the environmentally friendly among you:

+3
Amelie Trarieux
Léa Aupetit
Admin
7 posters

Go down

For the environmentally friendly among you: Empty For the environmentally friendly among you:

Post by Admin Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:39 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

For the environmentally friendly among you: Empty Re: For the environmentally friendly among you:

Post by Léa Aupetit Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:52 pm

Hi John! Thank you for this topic!

I wish people would feel more concerned about environmental issues.
Please tell me you're not like some people (like my father for example) who think that it's not that important and everything will be fine. I feel sorry and sad but I really believe that if nothing is done it won't really be fine at all. It may sound silly for some people but environmental issues scare me more and more currently. It makes me angry to see that leaders of our world don't think it's absolutely vital to react.

I also didn't understand the massive wave of wickedness Greta Thunberg has been victim of. About this I found this article (sorry John it's in French...) :
http://www.slate.fr/story/182208/titiou-greta-thunberg-ecologie-haine-jeune-femme-autiste-assignation-genre-identite

It explain why people got so mad at her for no reason. And what the author says is that, it's not about what she claims it's about what she is. And to me it's worse.
Most of the people I saw, trying to "reduce her" were old people. As she said it's supposed to be us, young people, the one whom have to save the planet. They forget it's them who destroyed it but they don't care (maybe because in 30 years they would all be dead for a long time). Please don't be angry at me for saying something like this, I told the exact same thing to my dad last week, because he doesn't think it's a subject to consider.

I'm sorry if I chocked some of you but it's a touchy subject to me... Laughing

But still, than you for sharing this article I love you I hope more and more people will care about those recommendations. In my case I recently decided to eat less meat and consume things grown/made in France or closest. And guys, for a meat-lover like me it's not that bad finally...

Léa Aupetit

Back to top Go down

For the environmentally friendly among you: Empty Re: For the environmentally friendly among you:

Post by Admin Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:58 am

I agree with most of what you say Lea. The planet is in a very bad situation and unless man has a great technical invention (which is possible) I believe that man will wipe himself out and then of course the planet can continue in peace - I don't think we'll destroy the planet, just our lives (and other animal and plant species)on the planet. I differ in that I'm not going to blame old people for that. It's too easy and just passing the buck.

These old people you are blaming were young when "they destroyed the world". The truth is that man is destructive and has been destroying the world for centuries, only now its damage is increasingly quick and the possible reversion is less likely. The young have benefitted from the destruction and I feel pretty sure that they are unwilling to give up their wonderful lifestyles, their immediate self-gratification, their spolied position in order to save the world.

I'm sure you have more clothes, more gadgets, more comfort than your parents or their parents ever had. I'm sure you've travelled further and eaten wider than they did too and wish to travel even more. In their defence they probably didn't even realise that they were killing the planet.

Another major problem is that we have no "world" structure that is powerful enough to enforce hard decisions that are going to hurt countries. The west will want the developing countries to stop their dirty development but they won't be willing to give any equality in return. Depressingly I see no hope other than that other side of man: Invention and innovation - something that cleans the world for us without it costing us.

What do you think?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelie Trarieux Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:03 pm

Hi John and Léa!
Thank you for the two very interesting articles you've shared. As Léa, I'm starting to get very concerned / mad / frustrated about the environmental issues.
The 10 not so easy list was what you need to do even though you don't want but should.
The hardest part for me at first was to consider not having kids (or maybe just one) because I always pictured myself as a mother but it gets easier to consider the idea when you think of the world that you would leave to your kids anyway...
Also as a meat lover, I've stopped buying meat and mostly eat some only outside and it's way easier than I thought once you use the right vegetables and SPICES, it can still be very good. Some are not even so hard, like not having a pod coffee machine! And I mostly already do "no shower sunday" as I spend my day in bed Very Happy
So yeah let's keep sharing what we can do and talk back to stupid misogynist climate sceptic who think that telling us daily there's nothing we can do is an option we're gonna consider!!! (M2 pack will know who I'm talking abouuuut)
Amelie Trarieux
Amelie Trarieux

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa Aupetit Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:29 pm

It's true that there is no system powerful enough to oblige countries to make effort.

About our generation it's true that we have more and more products and items than our parents, grandparents... Don't you think it is because of the economics system we've created? Smith, Keines, Marks (and their economist friends), they all said that we have to work on the economic growth. We produce more and more to generate more and more money. Everybody wants to get wealthier and it became a trend to accumulate (useless?) product. I think we should be happy to reuse product. We have to learn back patiente (to buy a product for example). We have to find happiness in reusing a product instead of buying a new one.
Don't trow away Brocken or damage things, try to repair it. Sell it or give it when you don't want it anymore. Very Happy

Léa Aupetit

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:19 pm

Léa Aupetit wrote:It's true that there is no system powerful enough to oblige countries to make effort.

About our generation it's true that we have more and more products and items than our parents, grandparents... Don't you think it is because of the economics system we've created? Smith, Keines, Marks (and their economist friends), they all said that we have to work on the economic growth. We produce more and more to generate more and more money. Everybody wants to get wealthier and it became a trend to accumulate (useless?) product. I think we should be happy to reuse product. We have to learn back patiente (to buy a product for example). We have to find happiness in reusing a product instead of buying a new one.
Don't trow away Brocken or damage things, try to repair it. Sell it or give it when you don't want it anymore. Very Happy

Again I agree with you (no "but" this time). The capitalist system is a wolf in sheep's clothing. If only the money we generated made us feel happier I could accept it but to be honest it seems to me that money doesn't make anyone happier but it does make those without it more unhappy. And before you ask I don't know of a system practiced in the world that does make us happy or a system that has proven to be practicable and better than capitalism but I do think we are becoming extremists.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Léanne Imare Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:15 pm

Hey everybody, so I finally have the courage to join this conversation. This topic is a bit difficult for me to talk about, as I think that Human is the biggest error that God Mother Nature created, and as I think that the only solution to ensure earth a free-from-pollution environment is the extinction of our species. But, I thought I still could avoid this subject and instead talk about the solution I can propose for few of the things to do to protect the environement.

1. Face scrub
I advise to replace your usual face scrub product to an ancient grandma recipe which implies to use sugar and honey to scrub your face. The sugar will scrub your face while the honey has good regenerating and soothing properties.

2. Bottle water
I don't have any advice here I just wanted to say that some people as a fragil stomack and cannot drink water from the tap, and sometimes that the case een if we use a filter jug.

3. Coffee

For those who really can't live without some good coffee and who doesn't like tea you can still buy those ancient coffee grinder machines which use real and fresh coffe bean that u have to mill yourself. I got one at home and it's not that exhausting.

I also founda good article about a company able to recycle 100% plastic. I wil share it here as soon asI will find it.

Léanne Imare
Léanne Imare

Back to top Go down

Post by Léanne Imare Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:24 pm

hey^^ I'm back. I just find the article I was talking about. Here it is :https://dailygeekshow.com/plastique-recyclable-infini-2/
Have a nice days folks.
Léanne Imare
Léanne Imare

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa Aupetit Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:47 pm

Admin wrote:
Léa Aupetit wrote:It's true that there is no system powerful enough to oblige countries to make effort.

Again I agree with you (no "but" this time). The capitalist system is a wolf in sheep's clothing. If only the money we generated made us feel happier I could accept it but to be honest it seems to me that money doesn't make anyone happier but it does make those without it more unhappy. And before you ask I don't know of a system practiced in the world that does make us happy or a system that has proven to be practicable and better than capitalism but I do think we are becoming extremists.

Haha it's absolutely ok if there's a "but". Last time I was just trying to think about a good answer which would be interesting.

There isn't a good system yet, we have not created a good one. But isn't it what Greta's speech and everything we heard about environmental issues are about by the end? Creating a new economic and social system with more equity and better for the environment. International pacific revolution for the environment has begun (as you could see in different cities). I hope heads of state will listen to this call and simply not create a thinking/speaking group but establish concrete action.

And Léane, if you are looking for a solution to drink water from the tap but would like a better quality, you should look at activated carbon filter. It's a piece of carbon you add into your gourd or water bottle and then you wait for it to "clean" the water. It will be reduced in chlorine, mineralized and rebalanced in pH. The only disadventage is that it takes 4 to 8 hours for one litre... But it's cheaper than using plastic water bottle and it needs a little bit of organization. Just remember to pour water into a pitcher of water before going to bed or leaving at work so as you can benefit from this clean water Smile

Léa Aupetit

Back to top Go down

Post by H.B.A Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:08 am

Good morning everybody,

I am really surprised. Yestarday, it was my first time I access to the platform and I am surprised of your interactivity, your points of view... I was just sitting reading your comments and discovering you.
I am thankful !
I will answer exhaustively on this subject and on the subject of "The couples rethinking kids because of climate change".

I find that the two subjects are combined.
I would like to talk about my own experience!

I, as an autonomous, independent, free and educated woman, have always had the the objectif to work, to succeed, to improve my self and to get notoriety and good reputation on the Communication and Marketing work market.

I like to give you an abstract, in Tunisia, after the revolution, you should just work hard to meet your needs and to have a minimum of confort that you need (it's relative)! And that's because of price inflation and the value of the Tunisian dinars which does not stop decrease (For exp : Today 1euros is worth 3.13 Tunisian dinars).

When I was in Tunisia. After 3 years of working 16h at least per day, I asked myself, who am I ? what's make me happy ? and what is the life that I want to have?
I really exceeded my limits in the working world until I got lost...
Only in this moment, I realized that I have to take my life with both hands and go easily to the next step.
Going to the gym, doing camping, be with my family and friends is not enough!

So, I resigned my job, I took the time for myself, I traveled, I volunteered, I worked for my happiness and the happiness of others, I worked to help, I gave and received a treasure that is worth a lot more than money. I win a new families everywhere...

This experience inspired me to leave the country and go further. And here I am with you. I see myself in a year's working in communication somewhere in Paris. Doing the job that inspires me in the world. But I tell you, it's an unpredictable profession and it's not easy to have so much free time.

Hence the question of building a family that I wish wholeheartedly. But how? How it can be ? Carry my child, and drop him off at the nursery or at a nanny for all the journey ? I think that having a child is a sacrifice, it's a commitment to succeed! My child, I want to take care of him, to give him from me and my soul! So what can I do ?! I resign and I stay home ? Maybe, I think that I am able to do it, I will found a new work from home ! I respect every woman who sacrifie her life for working to taking care and give her time for her children !

Since I was a kid, I dreamed of having a farm in the town and a the vintage car (The Citroen DS and the Patrol Y60).
I am passionate about nature and agriculture! And I always planned with my little family working (Husband and children), to produce our self-sufficiency of consumption (vegetables, fruit, a well with water, henhouse, a goats...) and to sell the rest to people who come during the open days, to visit the places (farm, nursery, camping space, cultural coffee ...)! And the most important thing, is to get a place to receive our family and friends...

As well as I like to prepare meals (preparing barbecue party, Team buildings...) and home-made food (pastry, jam, bread, honey, spices ...) Thanks to my grandmother and my mom for recipes...
It should not be denied that I have not yet found my partner, but also I can stop thinking about the future of my children. They will undergo my choices to raise them in a universe who it's radically different to that of others of their generation and time...
I am really paralyzed ..
What can I do? What dream can I fixed on it? By the way, I don't have the answer! I will enjoying to live fully the present moment  Very Happy  flower

Have a good day
H.B.A
H.B.A
H.B.A

Birthday : 1990-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:11 pm

Life, Family, Work. It's a difficult balance to find. It's different for each individual and at different times throughout your life. Some people never manage it. If you're really lucky, you can get a job you love which is well paid and yet gives you enough time to spend with your loved ones and "finding" yourself and/or your pleasure. Sadly that is more rare than you think and you have to choose which part of "you" to sacrifice. Thankfully most of you are at an age where you have less "responsibilities" and a good opportunity to find a balance you like. It's not always about the money but it's hard without money.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarance de Villiers Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:31 pm

Léanne Imare wrote:Hey everybody, so I finally have the courage to join this conversation. This topic is a bit difficult for me to talk about, as I think that Human is the biggest error that God Mother Nature created, and as I think that the only solution to ensure earth a free-from-pollution environment is the extinction of our species. But, I thought I still could avoid this subject and instead talk about the  solution I can propose for few of the things to do to protect the environement.

1. Face scrub
I advise to replace your usual face scrub product to an ancient grandma recipe which implies to use sugar and honey to scrub your face. The sugar will scrub your face while the honey has  good regenerating and soothing properties.

2. Bottle water
I don't have any advice here I just wanted to say that some people as a fragil stomack and cannot drink water from the tap, and sometimes that the case een if we use a filter jug.

3. Coffee

For those who really can't live without some good coffee and who doesn't like tea you can still buy those ancient coffee grinder machines which use real and fresh coffe bean that u have to mill yourself. I got one at home and it's not that exhausting.

I also founda good article about a company able to recycle 100% plastic. I wil share it here as soon asI will find it.

I used to think just like you Léanne. Yes, Humans are destructing our planet and it would be better without us (when watching some documentaries or videos on social media, I just wanna cry). BUT we mustn't forget that human life is beautiful. We're the only species able to really grasp the wonders our world has to offer.
Furthermore, maybe because I'm a scientist myself, I truly believe scientists will discover some great solutions to actual issues. For example, a new generation of nuclear plant where uranium will be reusable indefinitely (or at least way more than today) are being developped. I'm waiting for the day where batteries will be ecological (with hydrogen batteries for example). And there are many other sources of hope!!

(About plastic microbeads in scrubs, legislations have been promoted to ban them in some western countries (including France and GB).
Clarance de Villiers
Clarance de Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Meghane Cren Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:20 pm

I'm sad, but I agree with Leanne on this subjetc. The planet was beautiful before we arrived, and it would have continued to be beautiful without us. This greed, this need to always have more, to always take more.
Obviously, there is good in Man, and even very good sometimes, but I will never understand this need for destruction to obtain his desire. The Human is selfish and he will always allow himself to take in spite of others. But we can try to fix this by trying to live a life of respect and adequacy with others (until the end of life comes, when the Earth and nature will be tired of suffering).

After that I don't spit on the evolutions, etc. I'm not that hypocritical. People are fundamentally good, people are fundamentally honest. Everyone has their wrongs, mistakes and experiences. And I like to think that at the end of my life, when I'l look back, I would have led an extraordinary adventure by offering as much as possible to other.
Otherwise, I love all those who respect and appreciate other. <3
Meghane Cren
Meghane Cren

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:34 pm

Clarance de Villiers wrote:
Léanne Imare wrote:Hey everybody, so I finally have the courage to join this conversation. This topic is a bit difficult for me to talk about, as I think that Human is the biggest error that God Mother Nature created, and as I think that the only solution to ensure earth a free-from-pollution environment is the extinction of our species. But, I thought I still could avoid this subject and instead talk about the  solution I can propose for few of the things to do to protect the environement.

1. Face scrub
I advise to replace your usual face scrub product to an ancient grandma recipe which implies to use sugar and honey to scrub your face. The sugar will scrub your face while the honey has  good regenerating and soothing properties.

2. Bottle water

3. Coffee

I used to think just like you Léanne. Yes, Humans are destructing our planet and it would be better without us (when watching some documentaries or videos on social media, I just wanna cry). BUT we mustn't forget that human life is beautiful. We're the only species able to really grasp the wonders our world has to offer.
Furthermore, maybe because I'm a scientist myself, I truly believe scientists will discover some great solutions to actual issues. For example, a new generation of nuclear plant where uranium will be reusable indefinitely (or at least way more than today) are being developped. I'm waiting for the day where batteries will be ecological (with hydrogen batteries for example). And there are many other sources of hope!!

(About plastic microbeads in scrubs, legislations have been promoted to ban them in some western countries (including France and GB).

I, too, think that "man" will save "man" from destruction. Scientists will find a way to reverse the cataclysm, most likely something that could have been done decades earlier. I think the problem is that the politicians will not put the required effort towards this goal until our lives have gone decidedly bad. I think we/you will have to live through some terrible times before the real will is there to alter man's destination. However "man" is incredible and I'm sure that if politicians/big business had listened over the last 50 years we would already be all driving electric cars and only using endless renewable energy.

The point about microbeads in scrubs is noted but isn't it a shame that man acts (for profit) before thinking through the consequences. We are short termist when a long view is needed in many areas. we are tribal when a global view is needed.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Léanne Imare Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:45 pm

Clarance de Villiers wrote:

1. Face scrub

2. Bottle water

3. Coffee

Hi Clarance ^^

It is really interesting for me to see that you wrote that " We're the only species able to really grasp the wonders our world has to offer." I don't think the same for that point. Firstly because I know that some species can see things like colors that we can not see ourselves. Secondly because I think that nowadays, people are forgetting what nature really offered us at first, and are not respecting it at all. I feel like lately people don't know how to enjoy those simple things that nature provide everyday. I'm one of those, I 'm always looking for entertainment spending every free time I have watching tv shows or listenning to music. Now we only enjoy the true beauty of nature in special occasions such as vacancy or travel or walk. We're foccussing so much about work, environment or political problems, taking care of our friends and family that we don't know anymore how to stop to  breath fresh air, to listen the silence or to just live with what was given to us. We're just trying to have more and more, forgetting the essence of life.  I feel that animals are the only ones that are truely grasping the wonder of  nature because they're enjoying evry single things even grass but we 're just trying to create another world of wonder, always wanted more ( success, acknowledgment, power , ambition, wealth, entertainment, comfort and convenience...) at the expense of others lifes that we find less useful, less important.

However I really like how you see things. This ability that you have to find positiveness and beauty in things that I find ugly is something that I admire and I really whish I could do the same. Maybe if it was the case I could be more happy in this actual world.
Léanne Imare
Léanne Imare

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarance de Villiers Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:19 pm

Yes Leanne, dogs for example see colors we don't, but do they really (the word is important here) understand what's going on around them ? I don't think so. There is a significant difference between seing something and understanding it. I mean by this that I don't think animals can see how precious life can be.
You say "animals are the only ones that are truely grasping the wonder of  nature because they're enjoying every single thing even grass" well I strongly disagree. They're just struggling for their life, every single day, they aren't enjoying life.

Otherwise, I do agree with you on the fact that humans just seem to never be satisfied by what they have. There are so many things to discuss about this.

And yes, I am indeed an eternal optimist What a Face it's too depressing when I'm not.
Clarance de Villiers
Clarance de Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum