UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Get up and walk" - Kery James (Autonomous Work)

2 posters

Go down

"Get up and walk" - Kery James (Autonomous Work) Empty "Get up and walk" - Kery James (Autonomous Work)

Post by Meghane Cren Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:32 pm

Hi to all Smile

This week, I have chose to present a person, a work and some social facts. This man, known for his animated musical achievements, had the opportunity to release his first film entitled "Banlieusards" on the Netflix platform.

Kery James, author of "Letter to the Republic", "Racailles" or "Banlieusards" (music that inspired his cinematographic work) has chosen to tackle subjects, facts that are nevertheless neglected in the public sphere.

In a contrasting landscape, in the heart of a divided France, he chose to present a film driven by a very specific fundamental question : Is the State alone responsible for the current situation in the French suburbs ?
A fundamental two-edged question that has been driving Kery James's rap lyrics for over twenty years.

And although this film encountered difficulties to see the light of day, and this despite a popular scenario (finalist at the Sopadin competition and winner at the Beaumarchais competition), the author didn't give up. His efforts finally paid off.

And I strongly encourage all of u to look at it but also to listen to some of its texts (if u don't already know them).
No, anarchist, but rather objective, this film clearly show that in life, as in our suburbs, getting out of it's only a matter of will. Through his work, he also invite young people in the suburbs to be ambitious, arguing that they are not doomed to failure and that they have all the cards to succeed, although sometimes (or even often) they will face the obstacles that life (and society) pose to them.

This subject can also lead us to think beyond the situation in our suburbs : through the way different communities treat each other, here as elsewhere ; to what extent violence is at the heart of some people's daily live, but also and especially, if we really want these black clouds above our heads.

Peace and love.

PS : although it's French film I watched it in English and the dubbing is well done.

Synopsis : Three brothers from a sensitive suburb of the Paris region. Soulaymaan, a student lawyer in Paris, successfully completed his studies. His path crosses Lisa's path, in front of whom he debates the responsibility of the State in the current situation of the suburbs during the final of a famous eloquence competition. Demba, the eldest, lives to the rhythms of traffic and the street. Their little brother Noumouké, 15 years old, is still looking for his way, and must choose which of his two older brothers he wants to look like.

Some musical works :
A qui la faute - Kery James ft Orelsan
Racailles - Kery James
Lettre à la République - Kery James
Meghane Cren
Meghane Cren

Back to top Go down

"Get up and walk" - Kery James (Autonomous Work) Empty Re: "Get up and walk" - Kery James (Autonomous Work)

Post by Emeline Giffard Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:30 pm

Hellooo beauty,

I heard about James work, and I found it interesting ! It is not the kind of work I am used to, so I think I will definetly give it a try soon. I think the questions that it brings forth are really interesting, especially in our social context.  

Thank you for sharing I love you
Emeline Giffard
Emeline Giffard

Back to top Go down

"Get up and walk" - Kery James (Autonomous Work) Empty Re: "Get up and walk" - Kery James (Autonomous Work)

Post by Meghane Cren Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:32 pm

Emeline Giffard wrote:Hellooo beauty,

I heard about James work, and I found it interesting ! It is not the kind of work I am used to, so I think I will definetly give it a try soon. I think the questions that it brings forth are really interesting, especially in our social context.  

Thank you for sharing I love you

BOWDEL ! (MESS ?)

I can love you so much. Thank u for answering my topic, and thank u for taking an interest in it.

I agree with u, as youuknow. And the phenomena it raises are not only specific to France, which is why I find it necessary to take a slight interest in this kind of personality. We may think it violent or hypocrtical, but having followed it since I was a young, I can assure that nothing is fiction. And all u have to do is do some research on the precedents to see it.

Open your mind and ears to what is happening around u so that u can take action.  

With all my love, Meghane
Meghane Cren
Meghane Cren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down