UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPOOKY TIME

+2
Cédric Bourgeois
Léanne Imare
6 posters

Go down

SPOOKY TIME Empty SPOOKY TIME

Post by Léanne Imare Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:08 pm

Hey Folks !

As you know, we're in the middle of October, and that means that HALLOWEEN is almost there !!
What I propose , is for us to share some spooky stories with each other. It's the moment to let you're creativity explose!  You can write stories taht you find on the internet but you can also make your own. It doesn't have to be scary, Halloween is also a good time to show off and to reconciliate with your dark side.  For those who have skills in using Photoshop or illustrator you can also share some visual creation here. May be we could use them to decorate the class.
SPOOKY TIME I_m_co10
Léanne Imare
Léanne Imare

Back to top Go down

SPOOKY TIME Empty Re: SPOOKY TIME

Post by Cédric Bourgeois Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:19 pm

Léanne, don't forget the spider affraid
SPOOKY TIME Z
Cédric Bourgeois
Cédric Bourgeois

Birthday : 1995-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Gailledrat Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:29 pm

Hello !
Thank you Léanne for this subject. Halloween is one of my favorite celebration of the year (next it's my birthday and in third position Christmas). I like the strange atmosphere, watching horror movies or Halloween movies like Casper the Ghost, Hocus Pocus, The Nightmare before Christmas, etc.
I heard a lot of scary stories like the Bloody Mary legend. The legend says that if you're saying "Bloody Mary" thirteen times in front of a mirror in the night, the face of Bloody Mary will appeared. She seems to be a darker version of the Holy Mary, her face is bloody and if you can't escape, you will die. I saw an horror movie based on this story but it was about a girl named Mary who was raped during her prom night and the few popular students knew what happened and the ghost of the girl come to take avenge of the people who let her die.
I'm used to watch horror movies so I know all the typical things like screamers, typical plans where you are sure to see a face or something appeared, it's so obvious when you're used to it. At least, it's not fun.
When I was 13, I used to go on paranormal websites with a lot of stories and it was really terrifying !
So trick or treat, what will you choose for this Halloween ? Don't forget to never call Bloody Mary or nerver play with ghosts (sometimes demons can pretend to be a simple ghost just to play with you so be careful)
Chloé Gailledrat
Chloé Gailledrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Léanne Imare Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:36 am

Hi Chloé ^^
As I was reading the story I was really getting interested in it but I have a few questions. When you say that if you can escape you'll die, is it all her body that comes out the mirror? Can she really "run" after you or it is just her face that comes out?
Léanne Imare
Léanne Imare

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Lemoigne Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:41 pm

Hi!

I love Halloween because we usually gather to spend time with friends and disguise!
The only thing that I find sad is that in France Halloween is disappearing little by little and is less marked than in some countries. I am thinking especially of Canada where this party is a party for the children and where they can dress up in whatever they want (not only skeleton, pumpkin etc). Parents prepare a huge quantity of sweet for children, they decorate the houses etc so this event looks so great overthere.

Regarding scary stories/movies I like but it can make me paranoiac when you're all alone at home ahah.
Horror movies are funny at the cinema because you can always found someone who is more terrifying than you, or some people's comments are really funny (I think of the last Annabelle I saw at the cinema and I was always laughing because people were scared and surprised but especially for some very real and funny comments).

Compared to what Chloe wrote, I knew your story but mine is call Dame Blanche: you also had to say in front of the mirror x3 "dame blanche, dame blanche, dame blanche" and then she appeared. We had the good idea to do it with friends when we were young (and unconscious) but nothing happened (thanks ahah)

Another story with which i made nightmares after listenning to it when I was a kid was about a doll. A story that circulated when we were in "école primaire".
I don't remember very well but it was the story of a little girl who received a doll as a gift. Except that this doll was famous for killing the family with whom she was currently. So one night the doll remained downstairs, climbed the stairs, climbing with one knife in each hand. Wooden stairs of course. So we had a kind of "boom" (the first knife is planted) "boom" (the second is planted) followed by a "crish". The doll was slowly climbing up the stairs to kill the family. The next day the family was of course ... dead. I can tell you that after hearing this story, when I was less than 10 years old, made me get rid of my doll (that i had receive recently) and I slept badly for the following nights. Especially at my parents'house were there was wooden stairs, which creaked at night (it's not funny otherwise).

Another one was about a girl and a dog but is quite horrible because in fact the little girl was afraid about a sound during the night and the dog was here to reassure her by licking her hand (the house is lost in the country side ans her parents are not always here so they bought the dog). But at the end she found the dog dead somewhere in the house so she was wondering who was licking her hand if her dog was dead ?!
Really sad and scary story...

Caroline Lemoigne

Back to top Go down

Post by Léanne Imare Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:57 pm

Hey!!
Oh my god Caroline I know exactly the same stories which were also very popular when I was young. Because of the second one, now I can't let my hand hang out the bed for more than few seconds. The first story is a lilttle different for me as the doll were singing a song to her owner Mary while she was moving around the house: " Mary I am in the kitchen, Mary I'm in the stairs, Mary I'm HERE!!!" and people will touch you while singing the last world. It was horrible and it is also why I don't like doll anymore and Anabelle is just adding more fear about it.
Léanne Imare
Léanne Imare

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Lemoigne Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:21 pm

Yes Léanne it's this story: Mary's doll but I didn't remember it in detail ahah
I think these stories can be quite traumatic if you hear them too young

Caroline Lemoigne

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Gailledrat Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:41 am

Léanne Imare wrote:Hi Chloé ^^
As I was reading the story I was really getting interested in it but I have a few questions. When you say that if you can escape you'll die, is it all her body that comes out the mirror? Can she really "run" after you or it is just her face that comes out?
To answer your question, she can escape from the mirror and reach you so attack you because you actually invocate her soul and she's upset about it (she's very susceptible lol)
Chloé Gailledrat
Chloé Gailledrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Gailledrat Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:43 am

OMG Caroline, these stories are so scary !! I knew about the first one as Léanne said too but not the second story and it's so WTF ?? Who licked her ?? Is she dead at the end of the story ? I hate when animals die Sad
Chloé Gailledrat
Chloé Gailledrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Gailledrat Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:53 am

I have found the website where I went on my teenage years. Some stories are true I think but some are fake because people are just like usual, they're not always serious with this subject. I put the link here (it's in french).
http://paranormal.occulte.net/
You have some categories "ghosts", "creatures", "ovnis". Some stories are very quick because they talk about only one phenomen (which often can be explain by technical and rational reasons).
I really like to watch TV Shows like "Ghost Adventures" but it really scare me next ahah. It's about a team who investigate on haunted places. They stay all the night shut in the place. There often a lot of stories about the place like murders, witch spell, demons and witness of paranormal events. I like when they go on sanatorium because these places are very sad and full of death (often because of illness). They use technologies to get evidence and sometimes it's very spectacular, sometimes you had to take a step back on what they show or said. They got an apparel to record ghost voice when they try to get a contact with them. They speak in English and sometimes I recognize the words too, sometimes I'm like "euh he didn't say that, we can't understand at all". So, it's really interesting but don't take it literally.
Chloé Gailledrat
Chloé Gailledrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Lemoigne Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:59 pm

Hey Chloé,

I don't really know the end but i think that the story doesn't really have an end precisely to let people imagine their own end and to keep this scary atmosphere.

I also heard about a guy who made videos for his youtube channel. He was making videos in empty and/or haunted places, where he was spending the night to discover/reveal the mystery. It's quite similar to your TV shows i think

Caroline Lemoigne

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline Giffard Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:24 pm

Hellooooooooo ! 🦇🦇🦇🦇

Not a spooky story at all, but do you know the story of Jack'O'Lantern ? It is a very well-known symbol of Halloween ! Let me tell you his story as I heard it.

Many centuries ago, there was a man, that people called "Stingy Jack", who was a old drunkard. He was very well-known for his mischief and his greed. He liked to play tricks on people, and to drink endlessly in pubs, while behaving like an complete a** with people close to him. His cruelty was such that even the Devil himself heard about him, and took it upon Himself to pay Jack a visit and punish him for his bad deeds. He found the old Stingy, stumbling on an irish road.

"You've been cruel all your life, Jack. Follow me, for I sentence you to spend eternity in Hell".

Despite being drunk, Jack hold it together, and agreed "Alright, I'll follow you...but before that, buy me a drink at the Pub".

The Devil pondered for a while and, not seeing any particular drawbacks, accepted the offer. The Devil then took Jack to the nearest Pub. But, once Jack ordered a beer, he realized he was penniless...The Devil agreed to buy him the beer and turned himself into a coin. But, instead of paying the beer, Jack caught the coin and kept it in its pocket, in which he had hidden a little silver cross. As the coin was touching the cross, the Devil could not turn back into himself, and was therefore trapped. Proud of his trick, Jack bargained over his freedom : "I'll free you, if you let me be for 10 more years". Stuck, the Devil angrily accepted, and went back to Hell.

10 years went by, and the Devil returns to Earth one more time. Jack, seeing Him, agrees to follow him again, but asks the Devil if He would accept to pick an apple for him before leaving. The Devil agrees, climbs on the tree, but Jack surrounds Him with many crosses, trapping the Devil one again.

"Free me !" orders the Devil.

Jack agrees, but only if the Devil accept to leave him be for ever...which the Devil does.

Many years later, Stingy Jack, old and grey, passes away. He finds himself at the Doors of Paradise. But he is denied the access to it, because of all his sins. He then decides to pay a visit to his old friend the Devil, and asks Him if he could let him enter his realm.

"I won't let you in...Remember what you made me promise long time ago..."

Desperate, Jack didn't know where to go. He implores the Devil to tell him what to do :

"Go back where you come from..."

Jack decides to backtrack. But the path is now dark, and scary : Jack needs a light to walk on this path. He asks the Devil for an hand : the Devil agrees, and offers him embers from Hell, which He puts in an turnip as a torch. Since that day, Jack wanders aimlessly between the world of the dead and the world of the living, cursed to never know where to go.

Jack'O'Lantern is a traditional irish tale that is often related to Halloween, represented by the Pumpkins that are carved for the occasion. Jack became a very popular character in pop-culture as well (This is Halloweeeeen !)
Emeline Giffard
Emeline Giffard

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:55 pm

Nor do I believe in them.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down