UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is imposter syndrome and how can you combat it ?

3 posters

Go down

What is imposter syndrome and how can you combat it ?  Empty What is imposter syndrome and how can you combat it ?

Post by Léa ABREU Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:10 pm

https://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_cox_what_is_imposter_syndrome_and_how_can_you_combat_it

Do you know what is this "imposter syndrome" ? You should probably watch this video, and I am pretty sure it be familiar to you afterwards !
Léa ABREU
Léa ABREU

Back to top Go down

What is imposter syndrome and how can you combat it ?  Empty Re: What is imposter syndrome and how can you combat it ?

Post by Babis Papageorgiou Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 pm

I didn't understand perfectly what was this syndrome at first, so I had to add subtitles and watch it again.
Interesting and I didn't know that there was a syndrome for this kind of situation and I think that we over analyse some weird or difficult situations that we meet often, when we search and give scientific terms in every little thing.

Maybe it's helpful for some people to express their conditions and the way they feel, but I find more essential if we concentrate in the real cause of the problem which is in my opinion, the competitive work or studies environment, the fast rythms and the pressure in our daily lifes.

You show the social experiment with the 4 days trial in Japan that Microsoft tasted.
The effectiveness developed. It's not unchangeable.

What do you think Lea?
Babis Papageorgiou
Babis Papageorgiou

Back to top Go down

What is imposter syndrome and how can you combat it ?  Empty Re: What is imposter syndrome and how can you combat it ?

Post by Amelie Trarieux Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:36 am

YOU HAVE TALENT, YOU ARE CAPABLE AND YOU BELONG

Hi Léa, this is quite an interesting subject because I believe that many people feel this way at least once in their life. I think that communication is key, and knowing you're not alone can really help.
I completely agree with Babis when he explains that "the real cause of the problem which is in my opinion, the competitive work or studies environment, the fast rhythms and the pressure in our daily lives"

I've been lucky enough to have my parents telling me whenever I felt like a fraud in studies or work that I was capable and that I belonged so I don't struggle much with it in professional situations but it something that often strikes me in my personal life. Thanks for sharing, and never forget that you are capable and talented Léa!
Amelie Trarieux
Amelie Trarieux

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa ABREU Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:03 pm

Babis Papageorgiou wrote:I didn't understand perfectly what was this syndrome at first, so I had to add subtitles and watch it again.
Interesting and I didn't know that there was a syndrome for this kind of situation and I think that we over analyse some weird or difficult situations that we meet often, when we search and give scientific terms in every little thing.

Maybe it's helpful for some people to express their conditions and the way they feel, but I find more essential if we concentrate in the real cause of the problem which is in my opinion, the competitive work or studies environment, the fast rythms and the pressure in our daily lifes.

You show the social experiment with the 4 days trial in Japan that Microsoft tasted.
The effectiveness developed. It's not unchangeable.

What do you think Lea?

I totally agree with you Babis ! School is making leaning really competitive instead of making people willing to work !!

Léa ABREU
Léa ABREU

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa ABREU Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:05 pm

Amelie Trarieux wrote:YOU HAVE TALENT, YOU ARE CAPABLE AND YOU BELONG

Hi Léa, this is quite an interesting subject because I believe that many people feel this way at least once in their life. I think that communication is key, and knowing you're not alone can really help.
I completely agree with Babis when he explains that "the real cause of the problem which is in my opinion, the competitive work or studies environment, the fast rhythms and the pressure in our daily lives"

I've been lucky enough to have my parents telling me whenever I felt like a fraud in studies or work that I was capable and that I belonged so I don't struggle much with it in professional situations but it something that often strikes me in my personal life. Thanks for sharing, and never forget that you are capable and talented Léa!

You're right Amelie, I think that the main problem of this syndrome is that no one is really aware of it, that's why I wanted to share it with you guys !

You're lovely !
Léa ABREU
Léa ABREU

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum