UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Secret"

+3
Léa Aupetit
Amelie Trarieux
Manon Saroul
7 posters

Go down

"The Secret" Empty "The Secret"

Post by Manon Saroul Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:41 am

Good morning everybody ,

I hope that you are all doing well !

I would like to share with you an old discover that I have done... The book "The Secret".
If I am coming with this topic now, it is because I just watched the movie on Netflix.
And to be really honest, I have just watched 15 minutes of the movie... And it really was enough for me.
So, if it is not interesting for me, why am I there with this topic?
Precisely because I do not want that you have just this vision of the attraction law, because yes, this book and movie are about that.
I am very interested about this famous attraction law and I like to learn about it. (Diana can confirm that, unfortunately for her maybe Laughing)
When I read this famous book 5 years ago, I was already really sceptical and I certainly wasn't mature enough for that kind of reading. And when I watched the movie, I have understood why I had such a hard time hanging on with this vision of things. The way of treated this law is too advanced for me and too simplistic, for example by saying that if you want to be rich you are rich. It can easily be likened to the idea of a cult, I think.
But now, I feel that I am and I am more interested about that than ever. I am pretty sure that this law could change a lot of things about ourselves and our self-confidence for exemple. It is a way to change of point of view and to see the good side of each thing that could happen in your life. All people have certainly a different definition of this law. Here, I present mine and I am looking forward to have yours, really.
I try to applied this law each day but it is not always easy for me to be honest. Basic, I tend to see the downside of things... And I learned that it is not rewarding at all. It doesn't do anything except bad. With the attraction law, you push yourself to see each thing in an rewarding way and it allows to always get the good out of something that looks bad. Life if easier that way.

So, to conclude, I do not advise you to read or watch the Secret movie but to be curious and try to understand this famous attraction law. It could be really more than you are expected and not a cult at all but just a personal development tool.

Feel free to share your point of you about that, I am open-minded and curious about every way of looking at things.

Have a great day ! Smile

Manon Saroul

Back to top Go down

"The Secret" Empty Re: "The Secret"

Post by Amelie Trarieux Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:52 pm

Ok Manon, I don't know why but because you told me not to watch/read it, now I really want too...
When you say that "With the attraction law, you push yourself to see each thing in a rewarding way and it allows to always get the good out of something that looks bad. Life is easier that way." I think that it's an interesting way of doing it but I believe that we should see the bad. We need to see and understand the bad in order to embrace the good. As you know, I think that some parts of the attraction law are interesting but people will tend to see the worst of it. Like something bad happened so I deserved it. But no, something bad happened, it shouldn't have, but now you need to learn a lesson/ make the best out of it.
Amelie Trarieux
Amelie Trarieux

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa Aupetit Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:55 am

As I read your post I didn't understand anything because I thought I read it and watched the movie several years ago but for me it was a movie about world war II... I thought to myself that I didn't see this attraction law and I was too young to understand this but....... I just understood that I was mistaken. I confound "the secret" with "a secret" which is absolutely not the same.
That's it, I just wanted to notice that sometimes movies title are not wisely made sometime haha. And by the way, a secret (a French movie) is a good one for me. Sorry to be so fool Laughing

Léa Aupetit

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:23 pm

I have no idea what people are talking about.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:47 pm

I watch this documentary film about the attraction law. My first impression is that is was a really really weird. I had the impression he thought we were stupid because they clearly said “If you want to be millionaire you will be millionaire” it's just a matter of believing very strongly in it. confused confused confused confused confused confused The beginning of the documentary is clearly useless, and they only talks about money and power. But after, halfway through, it was more interesting, but they just said that we have to “belive in our dreams” blablabla… This is a really utopian documentary, sometimes it was too much and funny. They said that if you want some tings you just have to “placing an order in the universe, is as simple as that”.
To conclude, if you are interesting by the attractive law, just watch the last 20 minutes or read articles about it but don’t watch all this documentary.
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:49 pm

Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:57 pm

Thanks.

Having read about it, I think it's ridiculous. In the past I have wondered whether we have the mental power to make something happen and I've tried testing the theory out but I've never succeeded. Maybe my mind is simply too weak. I also wondered if enough people joined together and attempted to use their will to create/cause an action whether we actually could do it. I think in sports like Football or the Olympics where you have tens of thousands of people willing a result or a goal of a win or a fail etc... if the law of attraction was feasible then there would be success in an unusual number of circumstances, but their isn't

If everybody in the world made an attempt together I don't think it'd succeed therefore how it can succeed for any single person, on their own, is simply ridiculous to me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:58 pm

P.S. Can you all will and believe that I am going to win the Euromillions first prize this Friday night. If I win I will throw a big party for all CEPE M2.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by H.B.A Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:39 am

Hey, good morning,

We have discuss about this topic one of the last sessions.
I believe in destiny, instinct and also the attraction law.
It's easy to read or watch a movie about it. It seems to you that it is obvious to practice it. But still, it takes a lot of energy to focus on that in your life or your daily routine. In my opinion, the secret of life is to have the patience and the courage to hold on to your beliefs until the end. We should that everything happen for a reason.
If something bad has been done, go out and focus on the lesson behind it.

Have a good day
KISSES.
H.B.A
H.B.A

Birthday : 1990-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:29 am

I don't believe in "destiny" or "Karma". I believe in action - consequence - action - consequence. I reckon every action results in a logical consequence (whether it's logical or apparent to us is irrelevant) and that consequence is the next action in the long line of events that we don't control even though we may think we do. So maybe I do believe in "destiny" if destiny is defined as the destination that we are are pre-ordained to go to. However this lack of true will/choice isn't a negative for me as we are here for the journey. Our personal destination is the same as everyone elses. Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:30 am

Admin wrote:P.S. Can you all will and believe that I am going to win the Euromillions first prize this Friday night. If I win I will throw a big party for all CEPE M2.

I didn't win. Can you all try harder for next Tuesday evening please. The party offer still stands.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:40 pm

Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:P.S. Can you all will and believe that I am going to win the Euromillions first prize this Friday night. If I win I will throw a big party for all CEPE M2.

I didn't win. Can you all try harder for next Tuesday evening please. The party offer still stands.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarance de Villiers Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:06 pm

Your topic makes me think about a former roommate back in Canada. He told me about the book and he truly believes this theory. he gave me an example "I want Matthew Bellamy's guitar (Muse), I'll have it one day"
And then he told me that one time he wanted to be upgraded while flying, and by believing it, it had happened. Thanks to the law...
No need to say, I thought he was crazy!
Clarance de Villiers
Clarance de Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum