UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2 W8 Feria

+20
NATHAN PAPINHO
Kévin Forestier
LixCorentin
fbourdet
deniaud hugo
quentin soulat
elodie vaz
HAQUET Virgile
lucile.baptiste
Yann BENOIST
Jany Mainguet
Pierre Ronzier
Joris
Kilian Le Mellay
ferchaud flavien
Dousset Emmanuel
Thomasbellin
EmmaGym
Corentin Cédat
Admin
24 posters

Go down

S2 W8 Feria Empty S2 W8 Feria

Post by Admin Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:16 am

Whatever.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

S2 W8 Feria Empty Re: S2 W8 Feria

Post by Corentin Cédat Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:50 pm

is a bullfighting festival, in Spain, in the South of France, in Portugal and in Latin America, characterized by a series of bullfights or other bullfighting events: Landes race, Camargue race. Depending on the region or country, bulls are released in the streets like in Pamplona during the Feasts of San Fermín during which the feria del toro takes place. At ferias, bodegas or bars with festive music are set up to party while bandas play music. In the southwest, the word feria refers to revelers. A feria can be annual or repeat several times a year on the occasion of votive celebrations as is the case in Spain or Latin America, they can also be repeated according to the agricultural season: spring feria, feria d summer, rice feria (Arles), harvest feria. For my part, I love to participate in this kind of evening because I have fun with my friends. We live moments that we will never forget with a lot of fun.

Corentin Cédat

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaGym Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:43 am

The ferias are the basis of bullfighting festivals. They are celebrated in Spain, Portugal, Latin America and even in France. They are very appreciated by young people because we party there morning, noon and evening. In reality, basically a bullfight, where the bull is released in an arena and is the spectacle of the evening. But over time, the ferias have become huge gatherings, turning alcohol, surely drugs. But these festivals are very famous for their very festive and pleasant atmosphere. In France the most famous férias are those of: Dax, Bayonne and Mont-de-Marsan. Make one you will make it super good! And excellent!

EmmaGym

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomasbellin Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:52 am

In France as in Spain, the word was first used to name a trade fair before designating a cycle of bull racing. Thus, the Festival of Dax, in the Landes, officially became the feria of Dax, thus breaking with the popular tradition. The popularity of these feasts and the media coverage that has been made have encouraged the substitution of the word feasts by feria.
However, in Mont-de-Marsan as in Bayonne, the summer festive week continues to be entitled respectively Fêtes de la Madeleine and Fêtes de Bayonne. The fairs of Nîmes (Feria de la Pentecôte and Feria des Vendanges) and Béziers are currently the largest fairs in France. The Pentecost Fair attracts nearly one million visitors for six days

Thomasbellin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dousset Emmanuel Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:08 pm

Originally, ferias were trade fairs or festivities organized for votive holidays or to mark the agricultural seasons and the end of the harvest. Arles has its rice feria in September and its Easter feria. Nîmes celebrates the grape harvest and Pentecost. Mont-de-Marsan celebrates the city's patron saint, Sainte-Madeleine, in July. In Bayonne, we're not talking about Feria, but parties!

Dousset Emmanuel

Back to top Go down

Post by ferchaud flavien Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:34 pm

AHHH the holidays, there are tons, more or less different. Basically the main thing is to have fun. Evenings with friends, evenings in a club with such and such a person. Or many others. But there is also that in your sport, club which are cool too. But nothing like knowing an emulsion to let go, to love. That's why for me I would say that the best thing is to win a few things and then celebrate it. It could be the best night. Winning a team competition during an entire season, or for two months, you imagine the enjoyment that it can bring. We want to break everything together, and this is the best possible evening.

ferchaud flavien

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilian Le Mellay Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:02 pm

A feria is an annual local festival in Spain and southern France, characterized by bullfights, bull running in the streets, bodegas and bandas. The main outfit of the people who practice or assist the feria is a white outfit with a red scarf. The ferias is a very stong tradition on cities of the southern France, especially close to the spanish frontier.

Kilian Le Mellay

Back to top Go down

Post by Joris Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:40 pm

This week, we need to talk about the Feria. A feria is a bullfighting festival, in Spain, southern France, Portugal and Latin America, marked by a succession of bullfights. But nowadays, ferias are very popular with young people because there are big parties all around the city at the same time, with bars open all night long.
I have never had the opportunity to attend one of these festivals until today, but I would like to go once. The Ferias have had several problems in recent years because of the animal condition, some people think it is not humane to do things like this to an animal. As far as I'm concerned, I don't have an opinion on that.
Have a good week.

Joris

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Ronzier Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:12 pm

Last week were Ferias, it was amazing party like open air evenings where everything is possible. Ferias are in Spain in first but also in France, Portugal. Ferias are very popular because all bars are opens, cities are full to bursting and there have a lot of alcool. I don't realise a feria but one day why not Smile

Pierre Ronzier

Back to top Go down

Post by Jany Mainguet Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:27 pm

In the south of France, Nîmes is one of the cities that best embodies the feria tradition. The town of Nîmes even organises two ferias every year: the feria des Vendanges, in September, and the feria de Pentecôte, in May. It is the latter that is considered the "real" feria by all the festayres who want to have a good time. On average, every year, a million people meet in the bodegas, in the city's bullring for bullfighting shows or to attend the Pegoulade, a giant parade through the streets.

Another southern feria that has become a must is the Béziers feria, organised every year in August. Without a doubt the most important festive event in the whole Languedoc-Roussillon region. Here too, a million festayres gather on the Mediterranean coast. Corrida at the bullring, equestrian shows or the parade of the Virgin are among the highlights of these festive days.

Finally, behind the ramparts of Carcassonne, ferias are also celebrated. The fortified city is a sublime setting to spend a festive moment, feast on local specialities and dance the night away to the rhythm of the bandas. In the bullring, you can watch bullfights or novilladas, a face-to-face encounter between young bulls and novice bullfighters.

Jany Mainguet

Back to top Go down

Post by Yann BENOIST Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:18 pm

For the last topic, the subject is feria. I never did feria, but i want to try this (actually it's impossible...). Feria it's a village party, when every one drink, dance, meet other people and more and more. Generally, on feria, we have a dress code, generally is red and white and if you don't do the dress code, you are a loser. Moreover, Feria are on the south of France and not on the north. With the summer, more and more feria will arrive.

Have a good holidays

Yann BENOIST

Back to top Go down

Post by lucile.baptiste Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:09 am

I think a feria for peolpe it's big party. This event last 3 days. Everybody is dressed in red and white, it's impressive. They are different feria in french, like Dax feria, Bayonne feria, Nîmes feria, etc... Now they are winter feria, like La rochelle winter feria, Royan winter feria. The feria consist of it's to go to bars, and drink, drink, drink... I think people don't save the origin of feria, just they drink. Personally, I never have these parties because I am too small in size and I don't like crowds.

lucile.baptiste

Back to top Go down

Post by HAQUET Virgile Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi john, I never did a feria but I would like to go there one day with the friends to spend a few days there and well stuff the guelle with all the people there. Apparently the feeling is great. Yes, we really need to test this with the guys.
HAQUET Virgile
HAQUET Virgile

Birthday : 2000-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by elodie vaz Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:55 pm

Hello John,

A feria is a bullfighting party in Spain. It can also be found in France, Portugal and Latin America.It is characterized by a series of bullfights or other bullfighting events; Landes race, Camargue race ..
But generally, have found bars with festive music to party and we can find Bandas who play music.
Depending on the regions and countries, we may find bull releases in the streets, but beware, this is very well taken care not to hurt the population.
Ferries can be annual or can be repeated several times on the occasion of festivals this is especially the case in Spain.
For my part, I think that these are very good holidays to share with friends, because it allows you to build memories but you have to be very careful, because ferias can quickly slip.

elodie vaz

Back to top Go down

Post by quentin soulat Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:07 pm

Hi John,

The ferias have their origin in Castilian and simply mean "fair". Originally, the feria would mainly refer to a bullfighting party, organized within the framework of trade and agricultural fairs. This can take the form of bullfights but also the release of bulls, for example. These events vary according to the regions.

But above all, this event has evolved over time. In addition to the agricultural fairs and bullfighting demonstrations, there was a resolutely festive aspect symbolized by the bodegas - meeting places akin to a bar - and the bandas, the famous marching bands performing music at these major festivals. Besides, from the 19th century, bullfighting and popular festivals were already confused.

I would love to go there with my friends, these parties must be comparable to no other for sure !!!

quentin soulat

Back to top Go down

Post by deniaud hugo Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:31 am

A feria is in first a things who is a very big party, with a lot of human and alcohol. Feria is born in castilian, so we can do feria in South-west in France in Pays basque and in north of Spain in castilian. A lot of people doesn't love feria because sometimes we have an animals who is killed, and befors humans play with him for kill the animals. I think it's not bad because we haven't that's in all feria, and in more it's a tradition.

deniaud hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by fbourdet Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:38 pm

I have never been in a feria so as I do not know what it is I leave to others the pleasure of explaining what it is.

fbourdet

Back to top Go down

Post by LixCorentin Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:51 pm

In la Rochelle they make now winter ferias but it's not like ferias we heard in south West in France. When you speak with some student Who lives in Bayonne or near of atlantic coast, they says ferias are huge parts on the Road and all the town stop their activities to participate. Some persons share their garden to permit at People to sleep on. Alcool it's dangerous for the health we have to drink with moderation but in ferias we are looking for him but it's allready absent.

LixCorentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kévin Forestier Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:13 pm

Ferias are traditional festivals of the Basque country, whether on the Spanish side or France. These are very popular summer festivals, especially with that of Dax, Bayonne for France. Personally I've never been there, but I have a lot of friends who already have them and who told me that it was a great atmosphere. So why not one day… But ferias are also much controversial, especially because of the animals that are killed at this festival, especially the bulls. Those who are against these holidays do not understand how humans can have fun killing animals. On this part of the ferias, I have a lot of trouble.

Kévin Forestier

Back to top Go down

Post by NATHAN PAPINHO Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:26 pm

Hi , John I'm late for this subject , but it's time to talk about Feria , it's big party during wich people drunk and vomit a lot , this kind of party is organised in spain or in the south of france . Before the party you had to find some red and white clothes , because these are the colors of this party . If you participate at all the french's feria I think you can , drink , sing ,dance, have fun and sexe during 1 month without break . Personally I'm not a fan of this kind of party but I know Staps's students love it , I like more little party only with my friends .

NATHAN PAPINHO

Back to top Go down

Post by GUERILLOT Lucas Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:35 pm

I've been going to the Bayonne feria for several years, I have a few friends who live there and this is the most anticipated time of the year. The streets are full of people and feel that there are no more rules during these 5 days. I do not know if that will happen this year and given the health situation, I do not think it is a very good idea right now. Native to the Basque Country, many cities try this kind of event to attract people. But it never works as well as in the Southwest. Some participate in this kind of party all summer and I don't know how it do.

GUERILLOT Lucas

Back to top Go down

Post by Zachary Digeos Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:18 pm

The feria is one of the best way to do party. It came from South-West of France, in the region of Les Landes and Pays Basques. My family has lived few years in this region so it's normal for me to like that. The traditionnal Feria is when all the city or vilage celebrate the village. Every body can come in feria it's very friendly atmosphere every body drinks in Bodega and listenning songs who was played by the Bandas. So if you like do party, one time in your life you must did it.

Zachary Digeos

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoé Mongard Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:16 pm

Feria is the best subject we can have in english!! Feriais in one week, in the basques countries, and in spain. It's a time to party, with clothes red and white, we can see bull races, sometimes in the streets or in specials arenas. For the cities like Bayonne, Dax, this time is one of the best party in their cities. The main ferias in France take place in the south. For my part, I never had the opportunity to go there, because in the summer I'm working all days, but I want go in the ferias, for enjoy with my friends!

Zoé Mongard

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Christie Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:12 pm

i don't no anything about feria except drinking and fun. So sorry

Benjamin Christie

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Christie Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:12 pm

i don't no anything about feria except drinking and having fun. So sorry

Benjamin Christie

Back to top Go down