UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2 W9 Covid-19

+12
Océane Martin
nicolasrenaudon
TIRET Cédric
Julien DAVID
Hugo Seugnet
Jason-dmt
Grandidier lilian
BEGUE simon
sriffa01
Marion Gilet
Gaël
Admin
16 posters

Go down

S2 W9 Covid-19 Empty S2 W9 Covid-19

Post by Admin Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:09 am

There is only one Subject on everyone's mind this week.

What do you think the implications of Covid-19 are for the future. How will things change in the near and farther future?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

S2 W9 Covid-19 Empty Re: S2 W9 Covid-19

Post by Gaël Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:06 pm

In the near future, I think we’re going to prolong the confinement for another two weeks and we’re going to resume the university in three weeks. I don’t know if we will be able to resume sports competitions but I hope we will be able to play the final stages. In the farther future I think that all major sporting events will be cancelled or staggered at a later date.

Gaël

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:20 pm

Gaël wrote:In the near future, I think we’re going to prolong the confinement for another two weeks and we’re going to resume the university in three weeks. I don’t know if we will be able to resume sports competitions but I hope we will be able to play the final stages. In the farther future I think that all major sporting events will be cancelled or staggered at a later date.

I like that optimism Gael. I think Macron will announce an initial 4 week extension to the lockdown and see how things are going then and I don't think schools and Universities will re-open this academic year (they may try to find a way to do exams in June perhaps).

There have been 562 deaths creditied to the virus in France so far. I think that's just the start and we will see those numbers explode.

There have been some positive consequences, pollution is way down and global warming is being slowed. I'm pretty sure we'll also see a big reduction in the number of car accidents and road deaths and we'll probably see a baby boom at the end of the year. Sadly I think we'll also see a large increase in domestic abuse cases too and there will be a lot of job losses.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion Gilet Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:21 pm

Hi John, I hope you are doing well. So yes this is a shitty period. We have been confined to our house for 6 days.. and it's not the end. In fact it's only the beginning and it will last several weeks. Still today we can see that some people go outside to enjoy the sun... this is so disrespectful to medical personnel who kill themselves to save such selfish people.
I hope this period will can change the world after the sanitary crisis first of all from a perspective of people's mindsets, then, how to take things seriously from the start ( not as it was done for us)... and finally it could be change the way we treat the nature because we can already see the possible aspects of confinement on the nature.

Marion Gilet

Back to top Go down

Post by sriffa01 Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:25 pm

Unfortunately Covid-19 kills and is too large in scale... today it's a global crisis that is disastrous. In the coming months I think many people will suffer from it but with the help of all the scientists a cure will be found. The sooner the better. When this crisis is over, it will be necessary to rebuild the economy of some countries and especially the companies that are there. This crisis has left its mark on the Earth and if people do not listen then it will last.

sriffa01

Back to top Go down

S2 W9 Covid-19 Empty covid 19

Post by BEGUE simon Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:36 pm

Hi

i hope that your are okay !

I didn't understand this virus until last week. For me it was a bullshit from china which stay in china. But these days I was thinking, and I noticed that something is going on. I am now at my parent's home. It is much bigger than my appartement. I can do some sport so, i'm not unhappy but I miss people. I think that my social life is really important for me, I didn't understant that because i never lived something like that.
But I am optimist and I think that we can easly go through this ordeal if we don't panique and be motivated by love.

thanks for reading ! byebye

BEGUE simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandidier lilian Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:23 pm

Hi John, the covid-19 is just getting started, all the confinement rules are going to lengthen up to a minimum of 2 more weeks, because people don't take these rules seriously. Indeed, we still see too many unnecessary trips with the family. I also think that schools and universities will remain closed, so solutions will have to be found for the end-of-year exams.
The Covid-19 has positive effects on pollution but it is too little next to the number of deaths. We must be very careful until the end of the epidemic because we will follow the figures for Italy or even exceed them.
I sent you two emails on the ENT I hope you received them well. Good luck.

Grandidier lilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason-dmt Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:35 pm

Hye John, i think you're fine and you take care of your close family and yourself, of course i hope this situation will improve in the future weeks cause I can't do anymore to see on TV the people's foolishness but as you say to Gaetan, I'm also enjoy to watch what's happening now in terms of decrease human's pollution and accidents. Indeed, there will have more and more death and probably with, more restructions, however this is also an opportunity to be attentive to our family, we refocus on us and what is around us, and continue our studies of course... Wink

Jason-dmt

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Seugnet Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:40 am

Hi John, as you say, we hear talk about covid19 every day. So, to change let's talk about it in English. this virus is probably one of the most Dangerous i have seen in my life. this is a demonstration of nature, we are Nothing. In a near and further futur, this Covid-19 can teach us that life is really short, and we need to be careful. This situation show that peoples are insubordinate and disrespectful. take care of yourself and your loved ones. We are at war. Wash your hands with soap and follow the rules. we are at war.

Hugo Seugnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien DAVID Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:49 am

It is very difficult to form an opinion on the question of COVID-19 because for the moment we are only in the confinement stage and even for that people do not respect the rules that are fucked up and that prevent them from going out. Squeezie who is a French youtubeur made a very good video on the subject and showed that people, even towards risk, do not respect any rules.
This virus could have been treated earlier if measures had been taken earlier.
I think for the moment that the confinement will be very long and that the big events of this year will be canceled.

Julien DAVID

Back to top Go down

Post by TIRET Cédric Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:44 pm

We can see (even if we know) French people are very stupid and irresponsible. When the president say to stay at home, all people go out to do a jogging while they do none sport behind... And rich people prefer send money for Notre dame de Paris than help hospitals...

TIRET Cédric

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolasrenaudon Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:35 pm

I practiced basketball for 3 years at college and high school in RUffec then I stopped because my club closed. but I decided to resume this year at Civray. I have not necessarily traveled much thanks to sport, I have always stayed in Poitou-Charente. By cons I discovered corners that I did not know at all with road times of up to two hours. When it comes to travel for travel through sport, I was not really spoiled by the fact that I always found them long and boring ....

nicolasrenaudon

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolasrenaudon Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:44 pm

First of all, I think the first thing to do to fight corona is to stay at home, that's why we are confined. It allows us to protect ourselves, and protect others to avoid contamination. I think that the number of sick and dying will increase because there are still a lot of people who do not respect the precotions of containment and that the disease continues to develop for people who until then had no symptom...
I think that for a more distant measure, we will remain confined for some time because the peak of the epidemic must be reached only in mid-April see see in May ...

nicolasrenaudon

Back to top Go down

Post by Océane Martin Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:29 am

Covid-19 is a subject in all our mind this time. Even if it's negative for people, I think we have to notice the positive in this shit (sorry for the language, but call a spade a spade). First, we always say that the planet is too populated. It's a joke of course, don't make fun of this. But a very positive thing is the volunteering of people and companies, who doesn’t hesitate to product masks, hydroalcoholic gel and help nurses and doctors. We can all help the nursing staff, just staying at home!

Océane Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by victor bouveret Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:35 pm

For most of us the virus that is currently raging is a new situation. An interesting situation to observe as much in the behavior of society as in the conduct and the different decisions taken in the governments. Covid 19 in two figures is 192 countries out of 195 affected and 2.5 million people confined. Different strategies have been adopted between different countries. While some favor the country's economy, others prefer to ensure the total security of the people. This event has brought back something that I find detestable in our society: fake news. They are everywhere and foster a tense climate in society. However, I find that the people who relay this false information are even more stupid because it promotes this misinformation. Whereas by checking a few sources on the internet we can in less than 30 seconds deny all this false information. All this to say that we must respect the instructions with respect for all, not give in to panic and take care of everyone.

victor bouveret

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine PERAUD Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:59 pm

Hi John, i hope all is good for you and your family. At the beginning, when i heard about coronavirus for the first time, i was not more alarmed than that but now it takes a huge amplor. We are focus here on the problem to survive with as less victims as possible. But we are going to have a lot of trouble to step up after this crisis. There will be a reconsideration of the mondialisation. a lot of things are built in China, Italia, Corea etc... I think it will be completely broken after the COVID-19. An astronomical sum of money is put on the carpet for all problems caused by the virus.
At our level the main problem is about studies. For example we will waste the practical mark on sports...

Antoine PERAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëtan Debien Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:50 pm

When I wrote this message, the prolongation was announced. In this moment, it's only fifteen days but I'm sure that It will be more. I think that if people respect more the confinement, the problem will be stop fastly. However, It's not really the case everywhere. I suppose that in a farther futur, It will be difficult to rebuild the economics. But I hope that social relations make by the confinement persist.

Gaëtan Debien

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Paultes Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:53 pm

Covid-19 is a disease called coronavirus, which causes fever and respiratory problems. Apparently it would come from a bat who found himself next to a pangolin (animal that the Chinese eat). Anyway, it's pretty weird, now the patient has passed on. Countries are in containment to try to stop its spread which is classified as a pandem

Benjamin Paultes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down