UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 1 subject. A Covid anecdote

+18
Ninon Ragot
Truffandier Elise
Bastien Morin
pablobrandeau
Thomas HERONNEAU
Louise Sauvaget
Albane de Braqu
Bonneau Axel
DUMAS Alexis
Paul Piekarski
Clarence
Emma Bourgeaux
Oscar Hobson
Florian Freté
romain.changeur
Gabin Mardikian
Jérémy Hachani
Admin
22 posters

Go down

Week 1 subject. A Covid anecdote Empty Week 1 subject. A Covid anecdote

Post by Admin Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:43 am

This week you need to write about 50 words (or more) on an anecdote linked to your covid or lockdown experience.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Jérémy Hachani likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 1 subject. A Covid anecdote Empty Re: Week 1 subject. A Covid anecdote

Post by Jérémy Hachani Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:00 pm

I didn't experience lockdown as I worked for an online grocery delivery company, I collected the customers' shopping at the drive and then I delivered them to their homes. My anecdote is when I got stopped by the police on the road. The police didn't believe me when I gave them the name of the app I was working for, they kept me for twenty minutes on the side of the road and extremly made fun of me.

Jérémy Hachani

Admin and Florian Freté like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabin Mardikian Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:04 pm

The confinement has been really long for me, to stay locked up is a torment. I did sports at home and watched a lot of films and series, but it wasn't fun. Fortunately, Jean Michel Blanquer announced that we were going to pass the baccalaureate without taking it, what a joy ! I don't really have an anecdote to tell as this confinement was long and boring.

Gabin Mardikian

Admin, romain.changeur and Florian Freté like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by romain.changeur Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:28 pm

The lockdown was a bit of a hassle for me because my sport had to stop and so did the outings with my friends. But I kept in shape by doing sports every day and respecting the hours of classes in visio. I have no anecdote because my confinement was punctuated by sport and series in English subtitled French.

romain.changeur

Admin and Florian Freté like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian Freté Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:32 pm

In my covid-time, at the start, i dont do anything because i was very lazy and sad because of the educations conditions. After 2 weeks, finnally decided to go out of my home to go to my garden ! I wanted to gain physical condition and muscles. So, During the totality of the rest of the time in confinement, everyday, i ran around my home until do between 10 and 20 tours while running. Also, i hit on my punching bag with the goal of putting 200 right punchs and 200 left punchs.

Florian Freté

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscar Hobson Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:40 pm

For my anecdote I need to give a little explanation for the start of my little story. So basically every year I go to the Lanzarote for a triathlon training camp where I ask for the permission from my school to skip a few days or a week of school.
Start of the story:
I was on the training camp in Lanzarote when covid started to get serious and Italy went into lockdown. being on an island for about three weeks really made me oblivious to everything that was going on around the world. I ended up coming home by myself (my parents stayed on the island because the organise de triathlon camp) on the Tuesday very late evening and the next day was the percent (I don't know if you know what that is but it meant I didn't have class on Wednesday). Thursday I finally started school but only had sport and that evening the president announced that school were closing and lockdown would start. I went to school on Friday and then decided to hop on the next flight to Lanzarote and because everyone was canceling there flights I got a ticket for six euros. So long story short I basically flue from an area near Morocco to France fo a party and a single day of class and the headed back for a price that was literally cheap as chips. Sorry if this story is a bit long :/

Oscar Hobson

Admin and Benjamin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Bourgeaux Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:08 pm

My anecdote is this. With my brother we went for a run except that we had forgotten to take our exit paper and we passed the police, so we took a street and made the sprint of our life and then returned home without being checked.

Last edited by Emma Bourgeaux on Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

Emma Bourgeaux

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 1 subject. A Covid anecdote Empty My outing confinement

Post by Clarence Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:43 pm

An anecdote during the Covide-19? Of course I have one.
First i live on the contry-side so I was lucky to be able to go out for a walk or do my sport.
This morning I have decided to go running with my dogs along of the Charente to have freshness.
It was the first time that I ran with my dogs and I was vigilant because I knew there could be people.
Well inded, I have met a horse club and one of my dog take scared and jump in the wather. Guess who have jump in the wather to pick up my dog.
Yes me . Well this outing I will remember all my life.
MICHAUD Clarence

Clarence

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Piekarski Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:53 pm

While the lockdown, I ran every day because it was the only excuse to go out of the house unless I needed to shop for necessities a lot. It also aloud me to stay in a good physical condition. I also did a lot of working out with things I find in my house.

Paul Piekarski

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DUMAS Alexis Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:36 pm

A covid anecdote.

The confinement was very unpleasant, with the closing of schools and the implementation of distance lessons. This working method seemed, to me at the beginning, very difficult to apply, a feeling that is confirmed over time. Indeed, the follow-up of the courses during this period, was very laborious. This is not because of my tendency to dissipate but rather because of the digital platform which is very precarious and ill-suited to the school system, from my point of view.
Crying or Very sad

DUMAS Alexis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonneau Axel Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:48 pm

I went for run every day during the confinment. The roule or staying 1 km around home really sucks for running. So I choose to wait  the night falls to go train with my army battle dress in order to be hardly visible. One night, I crossed a police patrol, so I threw myself into the ditch along the road to avoid the control. Thanks my camouflage clothing that save me an almond.

Bonneau Axel

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Albane de Braqu Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:52 pm

Personally during my confinement I didn't have time to get bored.  In fact I'm lucky enough to live in an equestrian centre, with the conditions of confinement the employees couldn't come to work, so I had to help my parents in the farm. A lot happened during my confinement but I chose this anecdote : The ponies did not go to work for several months, my mother and I moved them to larger pastures, we moved twelve ponies all at the same time, on the road for almost two kilometers, we thought we wouldn't cross a car, like everyone else staying at home, which was the case. But we hadn't thought about the fact that all the roads were lined with beautifully green grass on each side. results: one hour and a half to do two kms and beautiful bulbs on our hands but ponies were happy.

Albane de Braqu

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise Sauvaget Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:15 pm

My anectode is this : I did a cooking contest with my family. Every day everyone made a different meal and at the end of the week we chose the best meal. This is the only interesting thing that i could do during the confinement. This confinement will still have taught me something, i have a perfect command of mojitos now, if anyone wants.

Louise Sauvaget

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas HERONNEAU Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:27 pm

At the start of confinement, I was a little stressed about the situation for fear of catching the virus and for school I hvae the test of baccalaureat on june . But I was also a little happy it was like a holliday but it was long. As an anecdote, I went for a run and followed the program my coach had given me. And I sprained my knee two days before the lockdown ended, so I couldn't see my friends after lockdown for a week.

Thomas HERONNEAU

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pablobrandeau Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:05 am

my anecdote about confinement is that at the beginning the teachers asked us to do our white bac at home for a week. We had to take the exams under the same conditions as if we had been in high school. Then we had to mail them our white boxes, which I did so they could correct them. In the end, I learned from several of my teachers that they did not receive my white box copies because of the virus because the factors did not pass until my high school.

pablobrandeau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bastien Morin Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:43 am

During the confinement, I was doing my usual bike ride around my house when suddenly a snake crosses at the same time. My house is in the countryside so there are a lot of wild animals. Being in the middle of the descent, I almost fell and had a big scare. 10 minutes later, another one cuts me off the road so I decided to turn around for safety

Bastien Morin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Truffandier Elise Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:23 am

I dont really have an anecdocte beacause i work at the supermarket during the covid.
To past the time at home I horse riding because i have my personnal horse's , I making sports like biking and runing.
And when i am not at work i playing with my little brother.

Truffandier Elise

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninon Ragot Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:13 pm

The confinement was catastrophic for me.
I could not see my brother for more than 5 months while a stay in the sun was fixed before he left to live on Reunion Island.
And finally, I had to spend my 18 th birthday alone with my parents.
Plan a big evening to actually cancel because of the confinement is boring.

Ninon Ragot

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Baptiste LÉRAUT Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:36 am

My confinement was very well. I had a lots of video conferencing classes and it was hard to understand. But I do it even if it was hard. Confinement push me to try writing and music, but I had to stop doing sports. During the confinement I was with my parents and my little brother, we were able to do a lot of activities together like Board game or mow the lawn. It was weird not be able to go out, but it wasn’t a bad time.

Baptiste LÉRAUT

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CROUZAT Emelyne Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:31 pm

During the lockdown, my former teachers set up distance courses on a platform and they put different links for each course and terminal class. One morning when I woke up late , I hurried to connect , I got the wrong links and appeared in a class I didn’t know. I didn’t realize it right away, I started taking notes and then my parents turned on the radio and there was a song that I loved at that moment and I started singing it except I wasn’t paying attention but I hadn’t turned off my microphone and so this whole class heard me sing, I had the shame of my life and since then I’ve always stood up at least thirty minutes early.

CROUZAT Emelyne

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BOUTAUD Camille Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:10 pm

I don’t have too much like lockdown because I couldn’t see my boyfriend and my friends. And because the lockdown was very long. In addition, distance classes are not simple and it is hard to focus on the lessons. But how bored, I decided to do sports in my garden with my brothers, or I was watching series with my family.

BOUTAUD Camille

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dupas Maxime Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:56 am

hello, i am not a special anecdote on covid but i would like to say that it is important to wear the mask and wash your hands several times a day, in order to limit the spread of the epidemic. moreover I would like to give all my support to the medical service in this period of crisis, they are the real heroes !

Dupas Maxime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum